A Tale of Two Mages: Part 8

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 05:53 AM

THANK YOU ORPHIDIA!!!!

you have just given me the idea I need for Hello Cthulhu episode 15!!!

Calm down, her ego is big enough as it is. :)

now to embed smileys in text, you put up a post, then attach file, then edit it , put more text in, attach file, rinse and repeat, right??? or is there an easier way to put multiple smiley gifs in a post???

Is't a clumsy way to do it, we should ask leo if he could make more smiley's available.

#42 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 07:48 AM

Which one?

Oh, and I also have the power to turn smilies into little red crosses! mwhahahahaha!

#43 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 07:50 AM

Personally I just upload the ones I like to my own bit of webspace, and then use them as I wish! Please don't borrow them directly, though, since my ISP has a bandwidth usage limit, and I don't want these things linked to from all over the net.

#44 Guest_Userunfriendly_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 08:11 AM

oh crap...rats, you guys are embedding html pointer commands in the text body, referencing a web page...crap...

well, I dont have a web page, that simply isn't my thing, I had gifs in my hard drive I wanted to use..sigh...

oh well, another idea down the chute...sigh...it was fun, I guess for episode 15 it will be more tentacle power time...sigh...

#45 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 09:21 AM

oh crap...rats, you guys are embedding html pointer commands in the text body, referencing a web page...crap...

Referencing *my* webpage! files/bounce.gif

well, I dont have a web page, that simply isn't my thing, I had gifs in my hard drive I wanted to use..sigh...

oh well, another idea down the chute...sigh...it was fun, I guess for episode 15 it will be more tentacle power time...sigh...

Hmm, time for an experiment...

Hey, cool it worked! Can you read HTML? If so, you can add an attachment at the bottom of your post, then edit the post and reference the attachment anywhere you like- like this bouncing smiley I inserted above. Mind you, I'm not sure how Leo would feel about all his webspace being taken up on smilies...

Why do I get the feeling I've started a silly new Attic craze?

#46 Guest_Userunfriendly_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 09:54 AM

files/cthulhu1.gif

wow...

ok, the text of the macro goes like this....

img src="files/bounce.gif" alt="Did this work?"

I left out the pointy brackets so the html kernel doesn't try to process it as a command...it should process as a string....

I understand

img src="files/bounce.gif"

but I don't know what

alt="Did this work?"

does...

#47 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:01 AM

files/bounce.gif

wow...

ok, the text of the macro goes like this....

img src="files/bounce.gif" alt="Did this work?"

I left out the pointy brackets so the html kernel doesn't try to process it as a command...it should process as a string....

I understand

img src="files/bounce.gif"

but I don't know what

alt="Did this work?"

does...

Hold your mouse pointer over the image for a short time...

#48 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:04 AM

Which one?

This one: http://www.shee.demon.co.uk/

Oh, and I also have the power to turn smilies into little red crosses! mwhahahahaha!

Is that supposed to be scary?

#49 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:10 AM

This is waaay too clumsy! I think that i will stick with the standard smileys.

#50 Guest_Userunfriendly_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:13 AM

oh thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now know exactly what you did!!!!!!!!! and how....

hmmmm...I wonder if you can spoof html in a story posted in the novella section....

you see, what I wanna do is post a story with rebuses...you know, little animated gifs standing in for words in the story body...

I was going to do a sort of a flashback where Hello Cthulhu tells to Nalia about the time she and imoen were going to the fair in beregost, and use a bouncy pink gif I got for imoen, and a pointy eared green haired gif I got for Hello Cthulhu, the time they saw the sheep with jumprope, the band, and a whole bunch of fun stuff....then start the story off with a song from monty python....

thank you!!!

#51 Guest_Userunfriendly_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:19 AM

not really, it is cumbersome, but it allows me to access a fairly large library of gifs I downloaded off of other web pages, and use them to create a really fun story...

but I won't even think about them until wensday nite, I must focus on ISDN, Frame Relay and debug commands on cisco IOS version10.2 or higher...must concentrate...thank you orphidia, for letting me hijack your thread for a while, and straying off topic...I loved your episode...(you got that from my comment on the first page, right???)

#52 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:33 AM

Which one?

This one: http://www.shee.demon.co.uk/

Yup, that one's mine. Why, did you ever play Creatures? I haven't updated that in ages, but it has a load of downloads people like. I'm taking it down now- I need the webspace for other projects. It's mirrored all over the place now, too.

Is that supposed to be scary?

I'm just showing that I have utter dominion over your smilies!

#53 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:36 AM

Yup, that one's mine. Why, did you ever play Creatures? I haven't updated that in ages, but it has a load of downloads people like. I'm taking it down now- I need the webspace for other projects. It's mirrored all over the place now, too.

Shee-demon?

I remember a game of that name for the C64, but i never played it.

What exactly are you referring to? What red cross?

#54 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:37 AM

oh thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now know exactly what you did!!!!!!!!! and how....

hmmmm...I wonder if you can spoof html in a story posted in the novella section....

you see, what I wanna do is post a story with rebuses...you know, little animated gifs standing in for words in the story body...

I was going to do a sort of a flashback where Hello Cthulhu tells to Nalia about the time she and imoen were going to the fair in beregost, and use a bouncy pink gif I got for imoen, and a pointy eared green haired gif I got for Hello Cthulhu, the time they saw the sheep with jumprope, the band, and a whole bunch of fun stuff....then start the story off with a song from monty python....

thank you!!!

hehe, that sounds really funny! Have you thought of getting some webspace from one of the free space providers, such as Tripod? You can use whatever you like then without using up the Attic's hard disk :).

#55 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:38 AM

Nothing happens?

#56 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:39 AM

not really, it is cumbersome, but it allows me to access a fairly large library of gifs I downloaded off of other web pages, and use them to create a really fun story...

but I won't even think about them until wensday nite, I must focus on ISDN, Frame Relay and debug commands on cisco IOS version10.2 or higher...must concentrate...thank you orphidia, for letting me hijack your thread for a while, and straying off topic...I loved your episode...(you got that from my comment on the first page, right???)

I think so, yep! I don't mind my thread going off-topic, either. Off topic is good- it annoys the kind of people who think that BBS rules are written in stone, and they *deserve* to be annoyed!

#57 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:41 AM

Shee-demon?

The shee is a celtic monster. There's a version of it called the banshee, too. It was my nick un the Creatures community, and it sort of stuck. I'm not sure how I got it to start with.

I remember a game of that name for the C64, but i never played it.

Really? Heh, there's a game named after everything.

What exactly are you referring to? What red cross?

Go to the post with yikes.gif and reload it :).

#58 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:42 AM

Nothing happens?

Not that one, the green bouncy one.

#59 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:43 AM

[quote]
I think so, yep! I don't mind my thread going off-topic, either. Off topic is good- it annoys the kind of people who think that BBS rules are written in stone, and they *deserve* to be annoyed!
Have anyone ever complained about a tread on the attic going off topic?

Hell, i remember when i got into an danish-swedish insult contest with melle, and people didn't complain about going off topic, they joined in instead.

#60 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:48 AM

Go to the post with yikes.gif and reload it :).

Ahh, now i see it. Since you can't edit my post i guess that you changed the webadress for the smiley.

Afraid of bandwith problems eh?

If you don't want me to use them you can just say so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com