A Tale of Two Mages: Part 8

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Bjorn_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 12:42 PM

His grin widened and he bowed surprisingly gracefully. “I mean that I would love the honour of a dance with you, my Lady Nalia.”

Aw, he's quite sweet really. Bet he's been practising that line.

It was no use, though. Edwin was pushed authoritatively onto the dance floor. In the back of his mind, he could sense Nalia’s laughter.

:twisted: Serves edwin right.

Ah yes, Nalia thought, later on, her thoughts spinning slightly with the wine, It’s been fun. How odd, that she could enjoy herself this much when there was the threat of the rakshasa hanging over her. Perhaps it was because it was so certain they’d beat them, she thought with the surety of too much alcohol. Yes. What could a group of silly creatures with stripy faces do to them?

Best stop drinking now unless she wants to end the evening by passing out on the dance floor...

The night was over. What a shame, it had been so much fun. Nalia sighed, and put down her drink. The servants would clear up the mess, which was just as well, since she was rather tired. It never occurred to her that the servants might be tired as well.

Well there's probably a fair amount of left over food and booze, so the servants might not mind that much. Especially if Nalia and Delcia go to bed and leave them unsupervised. :roll:

“Nalia, a final dance?” Edwin said, offering her his hand, a slight smile on his lips. He looked as if he had drank rather too much, too- his eyes glittered and his face was rather flushed.

hmm, would Nalia's drunkenness affect Edwin through the familiar link?

Of course, Nalia thought dreamily, Our whole life is a dance. She marvelled at the depth of this thought, and realised that she had the makings of a great philosopher. It was so true- she and Edwin, they circled each other, dancing through time while the Gods laughed at them from up on high. They met others briefly, and then they were on their own again, continuing the great dance called Life. But they were always together, her and Edwin. Her familiar, her best friend. He really was quite handsome, actually, when he wasn’t scowling. This dance was making her feel dizzy. She wondered, briefly, if there was any of that wine left, then tried to remember what she had been thinking about before. Ah yes, Edwin. Life. He was very attractive, in fact. His arm was around her waist, and it felt so right for it to be there. She looked up at him and smiled. He blinked in startlement at her sudden gaze, and smiled back, his gaze slightly unfocussed. She pressed herself longingly into his side, enjoying the warmth, the feeling of need, of yearning. How long had she felt like this about him? Always, of course. No, that was not right, her slightly addled mind said. She had originally disliked him intensely, but she had simply not known him well, then. She had been such a fool, but the wine made it all so much clearer. His arm seemed to hold her tighter for the last part of the dance. The musical dance, that was, not the one of their lives. That would continue…forever.

LOL! Better write all this philosophy down, Nalia, because it's going to seem a lot less clear in the morning...

But there was no way they could stop now; the Dance of Life swept them on, reaching a crescendo, and then finally dying away, leaving one lingering, bittersweet, note.

Awwww! Very nice scene. Just hope Nalia wasn't so drunk that she forgot about the Talk that Delcia gave her the other day.

#22 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 12:54 PM

His grin widened and he bowed surprisingly gracefully. “I mean that I would love the honour of a dance with you, my Lady Nalia.”

Aw, he's quite sweet really. Bet he's been practising that line.

He's not taking himself entirely seriously, here, though- mind you, you could be right.

It was no use, though. Edwin was pushed authoritatively onto the dance floor. In the back of his mind, he could sense Nalia’s laughter.

:twisted: Serves edwin right.

Yep, definitely!

Ah yes, Nalia thought, later on, her thoughts spinning slightly with the wine, It’s been fun. How odd, that she could enjoy herself this much when there was the threat of the rakshasa hanging over her. Perhaps it was because it was so certain they’d beat them, she thought with the surety of too much alcohol. Yes. What could a group of silly creatures with stripy faces do to them?

Best stop drinking now unless she wants to end the evening by passing out on the dance floor...

That would be a tad embarassing, but nothing compared to the lecture Delcia would give her when she came to...

The night was over. What a shame, it had been so much fun. Nalia sighed, and put down her drink. The servants would clear up the mess, which was just as well, since she was rather tired. It never occurred to her that the servants might be tired as well.

Well there's probably a fair amount of left over food and booze, so the servants might not mind that much. Especially if Nalia and Delcia go to bed and leave them unsupervised. :roll:

Hehheeh, I bet they wouldn't!

“Nalia, a final dance?” Edwin said, offering her his hand, a slight smile on his lips. He looked as if he had drank rather too much, too- his eyes glittered and his face was rather flushed.

hmm, would Nalia's drunkenness affect Edwin through the familiar link?

Hard to say. I'm not sure if it does or not- in the two scenes of disgraceful drunkeness there have been in AEP, they were both drunk at the same time and it's hard to tell. I guess that I'll decide upon that if I ever need to.

Of course, Nalia thought dreamily, Our whole life is a dance. She marvelled at the depth of this thought, and realised that she had the makings of a great philosopher. It was so true- she and Edwin, they circled each other, dancing through time while the Gods laughed at them from up on high. They met others briefly, and then they were on their own again, continuing the great dance called Life. But they were always together, her and Edwin. Her familiar, her best friend. He really was quite handsome, actually, when he wasn’t scowling. This dance was making her feel dizzy. She wondered, briefly, if there was any of that wine left, then tried to remember what she had been thinking about before. Ah yes, Edwin. Life. He was very attractive, in fact. His arm was around her waist, and it felt so right for it to be there. She looked up at him and smiled. He blinked in startlement at her sudden gaze, and smiled back, his gaze slightly unfocussed. She pressed herself longingly into his side, enjoying the warmth, the feeling of need, of yearning. How long had she felt like this about him? Always, of course. No, that was not right, her slightly addled mind said. She had originally disliked him intensely, but she had simply not known him well, then. She had been such a fool, but the wine made it all so much clearer. His arm seemed to hold her tighter for the last part of the dance. The musical dance, that was, not the one of their lives. That would continue…forever.

LOL! Better write all this philosophy down, Nalia, because it's going to seem a lot less clear in the morning...

But a lot more embarassing!

But there was no way they could stop now; the Dance of Life swept them on, reaching a crescendo, and then finally dying away, leaving one lingering, bittersweet, note.

Awwww! Very nice scene. Just hope Nalia wasn't so drunk that she forgot about the Talk that Delcia gave her the other day.

*snigger* very true! Can you imagine what the kid'd be like? *shudder*

#23 Guest_argan_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 02:40 PM

Great chapter!

#24 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 02:43 PM

Gods, tell me about it.

Okay. Lots of people who's names i don't remember, lots of people who's faces i don't recognize and lost of people who bore me to death.

Do :roll:. It works for me, although I prefer to bore people about the electron transfer chain in photosynthesis, or the minutiae of growing epiphytic plants successfully. That way, I'm boring them, rather than them boring me. It makes a change.

Those subjects actually wouldn't bore me.

But perhaps i should try to explain bowens reaction series, or the andalusite-sillimanite-kyanite conversion? Even most geologists!! consider that to be boring.

Have you noticed a certain common denominator in these conversations?

It always involves delcia, talking about nalia and edwins lovelife.

Become tipsy, past tense.

She has become tipsy then? "is" is in the present time. Satisfied?

Me neither, but everyone is convinced they're amazingly deep and philosophical when drunk. Except me, because I'm objectionably sober under all circumstances.

That means that we actually have something in common. :twisted:

#25 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 04:56 PM

Gods, tell me about it.

Okay. Lots of people who's names i don't remember, lots of people who's faces i don't recognize and lost of people who bore me to death.

I wouldn't mind that that much if I wasn't supposed to be enjoying myself. If I could treat it with the same mental outlook I treat job interviews, I think it'd be much more bearable.

Do :roll:. It works for me, although I prefer to bore people about the electron transfer chain in photosynthesis, or the minutiae of growing epiphytic plants successfully. That way, I'm boring them, rather than them boring me. It makes a change.

Those subjects actually wouldn't bore me.

But perhaps i should try to explain bowens reaction series, or the andalusite-sillimanite-kyanite conversion? Even most geologists!! consider that to be boring.

I seem to remember learning about those...can't remember a thing about them now! I wouldn't be bored, though- those are *proper* things to talk about.

Have you noticed a certain common denominator in these conversations?

It always involves delcia, talking about nalia and edwins lovelife.

Actually, it just always involves Delcia. I don't think inviting Edwin to dance has much to do with Nalia and Edwin's lovelife...unless it's very twisted indeed.

Become tipsy, past tense.

She has become tipsy then? "is" is in the present time. Satisfied?

Thank you ;). Having worked as a writer, I appreciate accuracy.

Me neither, but everyone is convinced they're amazingly deep and philosophical when drunk. Except me, because I'm objectionably sober under all circumstances.

Oh my god, we do? I'm killing myself now!

#26 Guest_Melle_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 05:13 PM

I knew it!

You knew that boo dressed up in purple clothes? That's really rather worrying...

No, just that Andorel and friends would join.

You know, putting it right there out in the open takes some of the fun out of hating her guts.

Oh I *do* beg your pardon! I've met people like Nalia, and you can't hate them, really...they're annoying, and they treat people like clockwork toys, but they can be nice and thoughtful too. You just wouldn't want to work for them.

I think it's just that I vastly prefer implications to overt things, whether it's to laugh at or to fume about.

...or maybe it's just that I'm on the third day of the worst computer game-addiction bender I've had in years and not feeeling too sharp right now.

Ooh, what game?

Legend of Mana for the playstation.

Actually, the compulsion seems to be letting up a bit. I'm taking a break to write this, after all.
...I'm also starting to shake and feeling a bit faint. Maybe taking the time to eat more than a few slices of bread today would be a good idea, unlike yesterday and the day before.

Everyone does, after a certain amount of alcohol.

In my case, a glass and a half of wine. I have a very low tolerance! Mind you, I feel dizzy and dream-like easily, but I stay mentally sober. Stupid and unfair, I say. I suspect it's possibly due to a mental attitude that no stupid chemical is going to addle my brains, thank you very much.

Me too. The mentally sober and stubborn attitude part, I mean.

Ah, virginity! Such people I adore!
If you "prick" them, will they not bleed?
And be virgins, nevermore!

(Melle composed this when he was getting very tired of History of Literature)

You need to get out more, you really do.

Hmm? I plead extenuating circumstances. That was 120 minutes straight minutes of history of literature with the single worst teacher I've ever had, and I had started to consider whether I should beat myself unconscious against the desk, or simply kill the teacher.

And yes, it was during the phase of my life when no one can completely resist what the chemicals are doing to their brain. Posted Image

And if Eddie ever looked looked briefly confused and thought something along the lines of Huh? What the- Holy shit! it was simply taken as a sign of approval :twisted:

LOL! I think there are some things *nothing* can distract you from. Shame, really, that would have been very funny! And to think that normally, distractions make you *stiffen* in surprise.

Ok, I'm getting naughty. Better shut up.

To quote Piers Anthony on a coitus interruptus scene:

[person A] sudenly appeared. [person B] stiffened, and not in a good way.

#27 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 05:29 PM

I seem to remember learning about those...can't remember a thing about them now! I wouldn't be bored, though- those are *proper* things to talk about.

Much better than the useless chatter among family members who haven't seen each other for several years, and don't really want to anyway.

Good! Were did you find that smiley?

#28 Guest_Userunfriendly_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 06:30 PM

"ROFL! I pictured him in a purple smoking jacket, too! You realise I almost *have* to draw that picture now, don't you? I think he'd have a monocle, though. "

I REALLY hope you post a picture of ser boo, and andorel in a disco boogie outfit in the next episode..pretty please????

I think it would be an absolute riot!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :) :D :roll: :) :) :D ;) :) ;)

a monacle..hehehhehehhe....kaiser wilhelm boo the 15th???? maybe with a little prussian spiked helmet????

and of course a little hessian sabre and sabre tasche???

and andorel in a purple disco bellbottoms and too many gold chains...it litterally would be priceless....

#29 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 06:34 PM

Much better than the useless chatter among family members who haven't seen each other for several years, and don't really want to anyway.

Good! Were did you find that smiley?

You like it, huh? I thought I'd get some nice ones that looked useful.

#30 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 06:38 PM

"ROFL! I pictured him in a purple smoking jacket, too! You realise I almost *have* to draw that picture now, don't you? I think he'd have a monocle, though. "

I REALLY hope you post a picture of ser boo, and andorel in a disco boogie outfit in the next episode..pretty please????

LOL, do you know how long these pics take to make? The Attic logo took me about 16 hours for instance!

I think it would be an absolute riot!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :) :P :roll: :D :) :D ;) :) ;)

Oooh, smiley fest! Good thing I'm prepared for such things:

a monacle..hehehhehehhe....kaiser wilhelm boo the 15th???? maybe with a little prussian spiked helmet????

and of course a little hessian sabre and sabre tasche???

Now you're just getting silly :))

and andorel in a purple disco bellbottoms and too many gold chains...it litterally would be priceless....

Bah, does that mean you wouldn't buy it?

#31 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 06:39 PM

Thank you, glad you think so!

#32 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 06:42 PM

I knew it!

You knew that boo dressed up in purple clothes? That's really rather worrying...

No, just that Andorel and friends would join.

Yeah yeah, try and cover it up now...

You know, putting it right there out in the open takes some of the fun out of hating her guts.

Oh I *do* beg your pardon! I've met people like Nalia, and you can't hate them, really...they're annoying, and they treat people like clockwork toys, but they can be nice and thoughtful too. You just wouldn't want to work for them.

I think it's just that I vastly prefer implications to overt things, whether it's to laugh at or to fume about.

Ah well, tough :roll:

...or maybe it's just that I'm on the third day of the worst computer game-addiction bender I've had in years and not feeeling too sharp right now.

Ooh, what game?

Legend of Mana for the playstation.

Never heard of it, but I don't have a playstation.

Actually, the compulsion seems to be letting up a bit. I'm taking a break to write this, after all.
...I'm also starting to shake and feeling a bit faint. Maybe taking the time to eat more than a few slices of bread today would be a good idea, unlike yesterday and the day before.

I know that feeling. I have a fast metabolism and bad digestion, so I live on a bit of a metabolic knife edge.

Everyone does, after a certain amount of alcohol.

In my case, a glass and a half of wine. I have a very low tolerance! Mind you, I feel dizzy and dream-like easily, but I stay mentally sober. Stupid and unfair, I say. I suspect it's possibly due to a mental attitude that no stupid chemical is going to addle my brains, thank you very much.

Me too. The mentally sober and stubborn attitude part, I mean.

I wonder if it's a common trait among...you know whoer's ;)

Ah, virginity! Such people I adore!
If you "prick" them, will they not bleed?
And be virgins, nevermore!

(Melle composed this when he was getting very tired of History of Literature)

You need to get out more, you really do.

Hmm? I plead extenuating circumstances. That was 120 minutes straight minutes of history of literature with the single worst teacher I've ever had, and I had started to consider whether I should beat myself unconscious against the desk, or simply kill the teacher.

Sounds like History of Magic :)

And yes, it was during the phase of my life when no one can completely resist what the chemicals are doing to their brain. Posted Image

I could, but I had extenuating circumstances. Remind me not to tell you about them sometime.

And if Eddie ever looked looked briefly confused and thought something along the lines of Huh? What the- Holy shit! it was simply taken as a sign of approval :twisted:

LOL! I think there are some things *nothing* can distract you from. Shame, really, that would have been very funny! And to think that normally, distractions make you *stiffen* in surprise.

Ok, I'm getting naughty. Better shut up.

To quote Piers Anthony on a coitus interruptus scene:

[person A] sudenly appeared. [person B] stiffened, and not in a good way.

LOL! Never read him, but maybe I should...

#33 Guest_Melle_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 07:05 PM

I could, but I had extenuating circumstances. Remind me not to tell you about them sometime.

:twisted: Um, ok? Don't tell me about them. Is the story that boring?

#34 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 07:14 PM

:twisted: Um, ok? Don't tell me about them. Is the story that boring?

Nah, definitely not boring...more sort of hideously angsty and stuff. Stress utterly removes your sex drive, ya see.

#35 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 07:18 PM

And weer di you find that one? I know that there are sites where you can download them, but i don't know how to use the ones besides the ones the attic provides

#36 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 07:25 PM

And weer di you find that one? I know that there are sites where you can download them, but i don't know how to use the ones besides the ones the attic provides

Poor you!

#37 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 07:31 PM

Poor you!

Hey! i found the place were you got that one, lets see if this works.

Why the hell does it have to be so clumsy?

#38 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 08:37 PM

Poor you!

Hey! i found the place were you got that one, lets see if this works.

Why the hell does it have to be so clumsy?

Hey, that's my webspace you're linking to! Very, very, very bad nettiquette, you know. I uploaded my favourite smilies there. Bad Hunter!

#39 Guest_Userunfriendly_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 11:24 PM

THANK YOU ORPHIDIA!!!!

you have just given me the idea I need for Hello Cthulhu episode 15!!!

Smileys!!!

I have an extensive collection myself, so what I am planning is a song and dance number, monty python lyrics, and embedding smileys in the text...

now to embed smileys in text, you put up a post, then attach file, then edit it , put more text in, attach file, rinse and repeat, right??? or is there an easier way to put multiple smiley gifs in a post???

dont steal my idea, folks, until I have a chance to put episode 15 up...

btw...episode 14 is already written, so as soon as new quiz is up, it will be posted....

:twisted: :roll: ;)

#40 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 11 May 2003 - 05:51 AM

Hey, that's my webspace you're linking to! Very, very, very bad nettiquette, you know. I uploaded my favourite smilies there. Bad Hunter!

You mean you have made that page?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com