Rush Of Blood To The Head, part 5.17.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 13 September 2003 - 12:08 PM

Well, this chapter will not be focusing so much on Theo and Jaheira’s problems, instead we will find out exactly what’s been troubling our favorite Red Wizard, as of late. :) At least it will be a hopefully pleasant distraction from the last two chapters that were filled with angst and depression.

Rush Of Blood To The Head, part 5.17.

“Dearest… there is one thing I must ask of you,” Jaheira speaks as we walk through the long corridor of the tavern, leading to our room.

“Anything for you, my dear,” I reply, equally courteous.

“I… would want to be alone tonight,” she says, looking me in the eyes, “I… I need to take a hot bath and then… think of some things… and I need a little space. Truly, you can be so distracting when around me and I do not mind that one little bit, but tonight… I need to spend some time alone.”

“Are you sure? You know that I wish to help you in any way I can,” I look at her, concerned.

“Please, don’t worry so much… I love you and will love you still in the morning to come,” she smiles serenely and plants a wet kiss on my cheek, “it is just… you know that after all what happened… my mind is really not on lovemaking and… well… this has been a hard day for both of us. You are not upset, are you?”

“Well… no… I respect your decision and understand it…” I sigh, before leaning closer to kiss her tenderly, “sweet dreams, beloved…” I whisper as she turns around and disappears behind the doors.

My problem now is to find a bed for this night… I suppose my friends are already sleeping – I don’t think that Jaheira would approve of me sharing bed with Viconia and Imoen, thus Edwin is the only choice left.

However, first I make a brief stop at Viconia’s room and hand the sleepy Drow the book that Solaufein was writing in, luckily Viconia is too drowsy to pester me with questions - she just curses me for disturbing her sleep and shuts the door in front of my nose. Having dealt with that, I head over towards the doors of Edwin’s room, hoping that he won’t be too cranky.

“What is it now?” an annoyed voice rings from inside the room, answering my knock on the door.

“I am death, come for thee…” I reply in a booming, thunderous voice and hear a heavy thud in the room and after a short wait the door opens. A very sleepy looking man, wearing red pajamas with golden stitchcrafts appears in my sight…

“What do you want, idiot? Do you realize that disturbing a wizard in the middle of a highly enjoyable dream might prove highly dangerous for the health of the disturber?” Edwin sneers.

“Ah, plug that mouth of yours, Eddie,” I answer nonchalantly and much to his annoyance step inside his room, “you’ve got a roomie for this night, whether you want it or not.”

“Ha, so the treehugger finally wizened up and threw you out? That does not surprise me in the slightest,” Edwin laughs.

“Yeah, yeah…” I am not inclined to listen to his insults or argue back – tomorrow morning will prove him wrong anyways, “so which side will you take, left or right?”

“I am sleeping in the middle of the bed, naturally. Your place is where the lessers belong,” saying this, he points to the floor.

“Ah, stuff it, Edwin, I am not sleeping on the floor. I take the right side and you can sleep on the left. But if you move to the middle, I will consider that as a sexual harassment and whack you in the face,” I grin.

“Hmm, acceptable,” Edwin agrees after a short thought, “I have to say, I barely recognize in you that sleazy, naive idiot I traveled with, along the Sword Coast. Amazingly enough, it proves that the aphacelous brain cells can regenerate – you are a living proof of that.”

Edwin crawls back in the bed and after having freed myself from my armor, I follow his example. It does feel weird not having Jaheira beside me, thus I simply cannot fall asleep despite my best attempts… and I can’t keep but to think of Phaere and the things she made me do to her…

“Edwin?” I ask, hoping that perhaps a conversation will help me to relax and forget some of the painful memories.

“What now?” he grumbles.

“I can’t sleep.”

“And you woke me up, just to tell me that?” he sounds rather incensed.

“Tell me a story, Edwin. Jaheira always tells me a story when I can’t sleep,” I have trouble sounding serious, speaking these words.

“A story? How about this… once upon a time there lived a tremendously powerful and beautiful Red Wizard and he had an annoying simian for a lackey. Despite his better judgment, the simian kept grating on the Red Wizard’s nerves on daily basis. One day, the Red Wizard had had enough of this and he fireballed the annoying simian. He lived happily ever after. The end,” Edwin finishes his masterpiece.

“Marvelous, Edwin… simply marvelous,” I clap my hands in praise, “speaking of Red Wizards… I was very surprised to find you in Athkatla – after all, you completed your mission and I thought you were to return to Thay. And when Jaheira mentioned that you are a renegade just as she is…”

“Shut up and mind your own business,” Edwin snorts angrily, “this is not for you to know.”

“But how come, Edwin? That wychlaran and her protector were both turned into squirrels and have likely fallen a prey to some hungry canine by now. I thought that Zulkir of yours would be pleased…”

“You just don’t know when to stop, do you? Ah, to the Abyss with it, but promise not to pester me anymore after I have told you the story, agreed?” Edwin sighs.

“Sure, just get on with the tale,” I reply.

“Understand this - there are many of us, Red Wizards, trying to gain the favor of the ruling Zulkir. It just happened so, that one of these jealous upstarts was tracking me all the way to the Sword Coast and spied upon me with the help of a hired Diviner. He found the polymorphed wychlaran and her bodyguard and cast spells to reverse their state – and the diviner transferred the images back to the Zulkir… need I go further or has your simpleton’s mind been able to follow?”

“Worry not, I get it…that’s pretty damn annoying, Edwin… can nothing be done about it? Is there no way to reconcile the matter?” I ask.

“Eh, my teacher is currently… working on things… he needs to gather some proof that I was framed, but it will be hard to do – after all, polymorphing her was not the proper way to finish the deed (all though, I must admit it was highly amusing and entertaining). That is also why I had to flee the Gate, teacher Dekaras informed me that they had tracked me and a confrontation with a group of Red Wizards might have proved somewhat challenging even to someone with my inconceivable talents. That is why I cannot return to Thay… at least for now.”

“Geez, that sucks, Edwin,” I say, “by the way… I remember how vehemently you insisted on staying at the Gate, after we dispatched my crazed up bro. What were you up to, there?”

“Now that is absolutely none of your business…” Edwin snorts, but it seems to be a rather sad sounding snort…

“Ah… I see, Edwin – I should have guessed from how you were looking at Jaheira…” I smirk.

“Your treehugger holds no interest for me whatsoever, fool,” Edwin sneers, “I am not the sort who would take a lover only because of pity.”

“Ah, but Eddie… she’s a half-elf too… that’s what it’s all about is it not?” I laugh quietly, “It’s all about a woman…”

“I refuse to talk about this. Goodnight.” Edwin pulls his blanket over the head.

“Ah, I remember her well, Eddie,” I chuckle, “tall, slender figure – she was a ranger, was she not? She reminded me of Jaheira – they both look quite alike, heh, if I didn’t have Jaheira, I might have fallen for her myself…”

“Don’t be ridiculous, you don’t have anything to offer to a woman as statuesque and beauteous as my…” Edwin suddenly stops at half sentence, “wait a second – what did you say? You mean, you and the druid… back then? You can’t possibly be serious, nothing escapes the notice of the sharp-eyed Edwin Odesseiron.”

“Who is that? I only know the blind-as-a-bat Edwin Odesseiron,” I snort, “and yes, Jaheira and I were lovers already at that time. But we are discussing your love life here, Eddie… now what was the name of that half-elven beauty? Ah, yes… Noralee?”

“Pronounce that name again and I will suffocate you with my pillow,” Edwin retaliates.

“Yes, Noralee… I suddenly remember a cute, little story for this occasion. If I recall correctly, the beautiful Noralee asked us to do her a favor in finding her missing gauntlets. Naturally we were too busy to go about on such a minor chore, am I correct, Eddie?” I fully enjoy myself, embarrassing the good, old Edwin, “So it came as a huge surprise that one morning when we awake in the inn, Khalid discovered that his gauntlets were missing. And they were not the only thing that were missing… a certain Thaywian was missing as well…”

“I warn you…” Edwin hisses.

“And after this certain Thaywian returned to us some time later, he was acting rather oddly… walking around as if in daze, unable to cast even the simplest cantrip,” I am trying hard to oppress the laughter, “so you stole the gauntlets for her and got laid – that’s a good deal in my book, Eddie… and she was your first one, wasn’t she?”

“Now you have done it, suffer the wrath of the Red Wizard!” Edwin roars and whacks me in the face with the pillow. Of course, I retaliate and soon a monumental pillow fight breaks out as we skillfully exchange the punches with the fluffy pillows… The fight comes to an end as one of the pillows is torn apart and the room is suddenly full with thousands and thousands of small feathers… we both end up coughing violently and slump back on the bed exhausted…

“So… you stayed with her, after we killed Sarevok?” I ask, having recovered from the heavy coughing streak, “and you left her and fled to Athkatla? Why didn’t you take her with you?”

“I thought about that,” Edwin suddenly speaks like a normal human being, perhaps because of the exhaustion, “but then I decided against it. I was a hunted man and had she stayed with me, she might have perished… of course, being as skilled as I am, I could have protected her, but…”

“Eh, you don’t have to explain, Eddie… you were afraid that she might get hurt. Though, she did look like a woman that can take care of herself,” I add.

“Says the ignorant that has never faced a Red Wizard in the battle,” Edwin retorts.

“Obviously, she means a lot to you, Eddie… and I think you feel that you have made a mistake by leaving her,” I say, “it is not too late to correct it – after we are done here, I think you should return back to the Gate to see her… perhaps, the rest of us can accompany you – who knows. Or… are you afraid to see her? Afraid that she might have found another?”

“Hmph, it is absolutely impossible to forget someone like Edwin Odesseiron,” his reply does not sound as convincing as intended, “now look at what your pathetic mewlings have caused, I have lost all the desire to sleep. I suppose I should go and make those drow concubines gasp under my erotic onslaught…” Edwin rises from the bed and starts to clean his red mage robe that is covered with countless little feathers.

“Sure, Eddie, that’s the easy solution. I’m sure that Noralee would be so proud of you,” I remark.

“Ah, who cares what…” Edwin stops and stands silent in the middle of the room. Without uttering a further word, he climbs back in the bed and falls silent.

#2 Guest_Bjorn_*

Posted 13 September 2003 - 12:53 PM

“I… would want to be alone tonight,” she says, looking me in the eyes, “I… I need to take a hot bath and then… think of some things… and I need a little space. Truly, you can be so distracting when around me and I do not mind that one little bit, but tonight… I need to spend some time alone.”

;) Poor Theo - he'd probably rather have the company.

“Well… no… I respect your decision and understand it…” I sigh, before leaning closer to kiss her tenderly, “sweet dreams, beloved…” I whisper as she turns around and disappears behind the doors.

Aww.

“I am sleeping in the middle of the bed, naturally. Your place is where the lessers belong,” saying this, he points to the floor.

LOL! Fair enough - it is eddie's room after all.

Edwin crawls back in the bed and after having freed myself from my armor, I follow his example. It does feel weird not having Jaheira beside me, thus I simply cannot fall asleep despite my best attempts… and I can’t keep but to think of Phaere and the things she made me do to her…

:) Guess Jaheira's not quite her usual self at the moment, but she wasn't being very considerate to Theo by choosing to sleep alone.

“Tell me a story, Edwin. Jaheira always tells me a story when I can’t sleep,” I have trouble sounding serious, speaking these words.

Saying that to eddie is just asking to be mocked :) .

“A story? How about this… once upon a time there lived a tremendously powerful and beautiful Red Wizard and he had an annoying simian for a lackey. Despite his better judgment, the simian kept grating on the Red Wizard’s nerves on daily basis. One day, the Red Wizard had had enough of this and he fireballed the annoying simian. He lived happily ever after. The end,” Edwin finishes his masterpiece.

LOL! Good story, eddie. Maybe would be better to use 'handsome' instead of 'beautiful', though - beautiful sounds a bit effeminate for eddie.

“Marvelous, Edwin… simply marvelous,” I clap my hands in praise, “speaking of Red Wizards… I was very surprised to find you in Athkatla – after all, you completed your mission and I thought you were to return to Thay. And when Jaheira mentioned that you are a renegade just as she is…”

Theo, do you want to get kicked out of another room?

“Eh, my teacher is currently… working on things… he needs to gather some proof that I was framed, but it will be hard to do – after all, polymorphing her was not the proper way to finish the deed (all though, I must admit it was highly amusing and entertaining). That is also why I had to flee the Gate, teacher Dekaras informed me that they had tracked me and a confrontation with a group of Red Wizards might have proved somewhat challenging even to someone with my inconceivable talents. That is why I cannot return to Thay… at least for now.”

Aw, poor eddie. But I'm sure Dekkie will sort it out eventually.

“Ah… I see, Edwin – I should have guessed from how you were looking at Jaheira…” I smirk.

LOL!

“Don’t be ridiculous, you don’t have anything to offer to a woman as statuesque and beauteous as my…” Edwin suddenly stops at half sentence, “wait a second – what did you say? You mean, you and the druid… back then? You can’t possibly be serious, nothing escapes the notice of the sharp-eyed Edwin Odesseiron.”

Heh, looks like Eddie was the only party member not to know what was going on. Not sure it was a good idea of Theo's to tell him though - once he's had a while to think about it, he's bound to get suspicious about Khalid's death.

“Yes, Noralee… I suddenly remember a cute, little story for this occasion. If I recall correctly, the beautiful Noralee asked us to do her a favor in finding her missing gauntlets. Naturally we were too busy to go about on such a minor chore, am I correct, Eddie?” I fully enjoy myself, embarrassing the good, old Edwin, “So it came as a huge surprise that one morning when we awake in the inn, Khalid discovered that his gauntlets were missing. And they were not the only thing that were missing… a certain Thaywian was missing as well…”

LOL! Trust Edwin. :cry:

“I thought about that,” Edwin suddenly speaks like a normal human being, perhaps because of the exhaustion, “but then I decided against it. I was a hunted man and had she stayed with me, she might have perished… of course, being as skilled as I am, I could have protected her, but…”

:) Poor eddie.

“Hmph, it is absolutely impossible to forget someone like Edwin Odesseiron,” his reply does not sound as convincing as intended, “now look at what your pathetic mewlings have caused, I have lost all the desire to sleep. I suppose I should go and make those drow concubines gasp under my erotic onslaught…” Edwin rises from the bed and starts to clean his red mage robe that is covered with countless little feathers.

They'd better clean up before the morning - pillow fighting doesn't sound like very drowlike behaviour to me :lol: .

Nice chapter :lol: . Poor Theo though - discussing Eddie's problems doesn't do anything to help him get over Phaere. Hope that Jaheira really did only want one night alone, and that she doesn't keep on pushing him away.

#3 Guest_Dark-Mage_*

Posted 13 September 2003 - 01:05 PM

Yet another good chapter. This one actually made me feel sorry for Edwin the poor guy :) .

#4 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 13 September 2003 - 01:38 PM

:D Poor Theo - he'd probably rather have the company.

Probably, but I thought that Jaheira would think that she has already shown too much weakness than she should, so... she wants to sort it out herself.

Aww.

Yep, Theo would have preferred to stay with her, I think.

LOL! Fair enough - it is eddie's room after all.

Theo: Heh, everyone seems to be forgetting that I am paying for it. :lol:

:D Guess Jaheira's not quite her usual self at the moment, but she wasn't being very considerate to Theo by choosing to sleep alone.

Perhaps, but just as she wants to cope with her problem herself, she probably expects Theo to do the same.

Saying that to eddie is just asking to be mocked :lol: .

Heh, I think Theo just wants a conversation, regardless of its nature...

LOL! Good story, eddie. Maybe would be better to use 'handsome' instead of 'beautiful', though - beautiful sounds a bit effeminate for eddie.

Yes, I agree that 'handsome' is more appropriate.

Theo, do you want to get kicked out of another room?

Theo: Hey! What did I say? :)

Aw, poor eddie. But I'm sure Dekkie will sort it out eventually.

Hmm, perhaps. I'm still undecided about my plans for after-ToB Edwin. They won't be bad, though... I think.

LOL!

;)

Heh, looks like Eddie was the only party member not to know what was going on. Not sure it was a good idea of Theo's to tell him though - once he's had a while to think about it, he's bound to get suspicious about Khalid's death.

Nah, why would he concern himself with the problems of those simians? Besides, he doesn't have any reason to doubt the fact that Khalid died in hands of Irenicus, which is what he actually believes.

LOL! Trust Edwin. :)

Yep, naughty Eddie! :D

:P Poor eddie.

Yes... :( Well, re-uniting Eddie and Noralee will be one of my after-SoA plots - and I look forward to create a character absolutely from zero. Heh, and I have some interesting ideas... :)

They'd better clean up before the morning - pillow fighting doesn't sound like very drowlike behaviour to me :) .

Well, I suppose they could think of a story where Eddie tried to suffocate Theo with a pillow and Theo bit the pillow in self-defense. :cry:

Nice chapter :( . Poor Theo though - discussing Eddie's problems doesn't do anything to help him get over Phaere. Hope that Jaheira really did only want one night alone, and that she doesn't keep on pushing him away.

Well, I think Theo was pretty grateful just for having someone to talk with... and Jaheira and he won't have much time to deal with it as they are to visit Ardulace soon and after that things will get rather hectic. :D

#5 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 13 September 2003 - 01:41 PM

Yet another good chapter. This one actually made me feel sorry for Edwin the poor guy :) .

Thanks! And Edwin's going to be lonely for a while yet... but not too long, I hope. :cry:

#6 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 13 September 2003 - 01:56 PM

Understandable that she isn't really happy to sleep next to what LOOKS like a drow so shortly after Soulafein's threat.

My problem now is to find a bed for this night… I suppose my friends are already sleeping – I don’t think that Jaheira would approve of me sharing bed with Viconia and Imoen, thus Edwin is the only choice left.

Good thing he's male again, or Theor'd sleep in the hallway.

“I am death, come for thee…” I reply in a booming, thunderous voice and hear a heavy thud in the room and after a short wait the door opens. A very sleepy looking man, wearing red pajamas with golden stitchcrafts appears in my sight…

:)

Heh, nice try.

“Ah, stuff it, Edwin, I am not sleeping on the floor. I take the right side and you can sleep on the left. But if you move to the middle, I will consider that as a sexual harassment and whack you in the face,” I grin.

And if Jaheira catches wind of it, a whack in the face is the LEAST of your worries.

“Edwin?” I ask, hoping that perhaps a conversation will help me to relax and forget some of the painful memories.

“What now?” he grumbles.

“I can’t sleep.”

Theo is really desperate for conversation, ain't he?

"Tell me a story with plugtails and trollops...PLEAAAAASE?"

“I refuse to talk about this. Goodnight.” Edwin pulls his blanket over the head.

If I can't see them, they can't see me.

“Now you have done it, suffer the wrath of the Red Wizard!” Edwin roars and whacks me in the face with the pillow. Of course, I retaliate and soon a monumental pillow fight breaks out as we skillfully exchange the punches with the fluffy pillows… The fight comes to an end as one of the pillows is torn apart and the room is suddenly full with thousands and thousands of small feathers… we both end up coughing violently and slump back on the bed exhausted…

[

Okay, now they're BOTH acting like Imoen.

Nice part... a bit more cheerful after all the angst indeed. Thing is that after reading Thicker then Water I imemdiately start to see male/male couples everywhere, so if not for Edwin's romantic interest in the Ranger I would have started wondering...

#7 Guest_IronDragon_*

Posted 13 September 2003 - 04:08 PM

Theodur wrote:

[quote] Well, this chapter will not be focusing so much on Theo and Jaheira’s problems, instead we will find out exactly what’s been troubling our favorite Red Wizard, as of late. At least it will be a hopefully pleasant distraction from the last two chapters that were filled with angst and depression. [/quote] You say that as if there were something wrong with angst and depression.

[quote]
My problem now is to find a bed for this night… I suppose my friends are already sleeping – I don’t think that Jaheira would approve of me sharing bed with Viconia and Imoen, thus Edwin is the only choice left. [/quote]

That reminds me…just what are VIconia and Imoen up to?

No I don’t think she would approve. However I’m not sure Edwin will be tickled at sharing his bed with either.

[quote] However, first I make a brief stop at Viconia’s room and hand the sleepy Drow the book that Solaufein was writing in, luckily Viconia is too drowsy to pester me with questions - she just curses me for disturbing her sleep and shuts the door in front of my nose. Having dealt with that, I head over towards the doors of Edwin’s room, hoping that he won’t be too cranky. [/quote] Edwin? Cranky?

[quote] “What is it now ?” an annoyed voice rings from inside the room, answering my knock on the door.

“I am death, come for thee…” I reply in a booming, thunderous voice and hear a heavy thud in the room and after a short wait the door opens. A very sleepy looking man, wearing red pajamas with golden stitchcrafts appears in my sight… [/quote] Red silk pajamas! thank you. Recently I have been very interested in the sleep ware of all of the NPC’s. Don’t ask me why.

[quote] “What do you want, idiot? Do you realize that disturbing a wizard in the middle of a highly enjoyable dream might prove highly dangerous for the health of the disturber?” Edwin sneers.

“Ah, plug that mouth of yours, Eddie,” I answer nonchalantly and much to his annoyance step inside his room, “you’ve got a roomie for this night, whether you want it or not.” [/quote]
Right about now cozying up to that telepathic carp down by the city’s entrance must be sounding pretty good to our hero.

[quote] “I am sleeping in the middle of the bed, naturally. Your place is where the lessers belong,” saying this, he points to the floor. [/quote] sleeping in the middle just makes it easier to snuggle whoever your with. :cry:

[quote] “Ah, stuff it, Edwin, I am not sleeping on the floor. I take the right side and you can sleep on the left. But if you move to the middle, I will consider that as a sexual harassment and whack you in the face,” I grin. [/quote]

Well Zaerini, in “Cards Reshuffled” and Kane in “The Nether Scrolls Disaster” both think that Edwin has a certain charm, a pleasant way of filling out his robes so to speak. Maybe Edwin needs to tell Theo: “Once you try red, you’ll love it in bed.”

I was just telling you about a problem I have been having with the magic users in the story I’m writing and youknow the Jaheira romance can be so difficult to do exactly right….

Hadrian: Don’t even think about it.

[quote] “Edwin?” I ask, hoping that perhaps a conversation will help me to relax and forget some of the painful memories. [/quote] Conversation with Edwin? Relaxing? Theo is more rattled than he lets on

[quote] “Tell me a story, Edwin. Jaheira always tells me a story when I can’t sleep,” I have trouble sounding serious, speaking these words. [/quote] LOL

[quote] “A story? How about this… once upon a time there lived a tremendously powerful and beautiful Red Wizard and he had an annoying simian for a lackey. Despite his better judgment, the simian kept grating on the Red Wizard’s nerves on daily basis. One day, the Red Wizard had had enough of this and he fireballed the annoying simian. He lived happily ever after. The end,” Edwin finishes his masterpiece. [/quote] Ed’s story has a bit more plot to it than a few movies I have seen recently. I give it a thumbs up.

[quote] “Geez, that sucks, Edwin,” I say, “by the way… I remember how vehemently you insisted on staying at the Gate, after we dispatched my crazed up bro. What were you up to, there?”

“Now that is absolutely none of your business…” Edwin snorts, but it seems to be a rather sad sounding snort… [/quote] Come on Eddie…dish.

[quote] “Ah… I see, Edwin – I should have guessed from how you were looking at Jaheira…” I smirk.

“Your treehugger holds no interest for me whatsoever, fool,” Edwin sneers, “I am not the sort who would take a lover only because of pity.” [/quote] Jaheira and Edwin sittin in a tree…..

[quote] “Don’t be ridiculous, you don’t have anything to offer to a woman as statuesque and beauteous as my…” Edwin suddenly stops at half sentence, “wait a second – what did you say? You mean, you and the druid… back then? You can’t possibly be serious, nothing escapes the notice of the sharp-eyed Edwin Odesseiron.” [/quote] Eddie needs contacts.

[quote] “Who is that? I only know the blind-as-a-bat Edwin Odesseiron,” I snort, “and yes, Jaheira and I were lovers already at that time. But we are discussing your love life here, Eddie… now what was the name of that half-elven beauty? Ah, yes… Noralee?”

“Pronounce that name again and I will suffocate you with my pillow,” Edwin retaliates. [/qutoe] That will be tough to explain to Jaheira in the morning. “So dreadfully sorry about your lover Jaheira, but you know pillow fights, sometimes they just get out of hand.”

[quote] “And after this certain Thaywian returned to us some time later, he was acting rather oddly… walking around as if in daze, unable to cast even the simplest cantrip,” I am trying hard to oppress the laughter, “so you stole the gauntlets for her and got laid – that’s a good deal in my book, Eddie… and she was your first one, wasn’t she?” [/quote] See Theo, Edwin is quite the romantic fellow. I just know he woudl treat you right. :)

[quote] “Now you have done it, suffer the wrath of the Red Wizard!” Edwin roars and whacks me in the face with the pillow. Of course, I retaliate and soon a monumental pillow fight breaks out as we skillfully exchange the punches with the fluffy pillows… The fight comes to an end as one of the pillows is torn apart and the room is suddenly full with thousands and thousands of small feathers… we both end up coughing violently and slump back on the bed exhausted… [/qutoe] hey, I was kidding about the pillow fight.

[quote] “Sure, Eddie, that’s the easy solution. I’m sure that Noralee would be so proud of you,” I remark.

“Ah, who cares what…” Edwin stops and stands silent in the middle of the room. Without uttering a further word, he climbs back in the bed and falls silent. [/quote] Will we get to meet the future Mrs. Odesseiron anytime soon?

#8 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 13 September 2003 - 06:00 PM

Understandable that she isn't really happy to sleep next to what LOOKS like a drow so shortly after Soulafein's threat.

Yes. :) Things aren't looking great from Theo's perspective... I guess he'll have to wait until they get back into their own skins.

Good thing he's male again, or Theor'd sleep in the hallway.

Actually, he's never been a female in this tale... :lol:

Heh, nice try.

Theo's not going to be intimidated by Eddie... not anymore.

And if Jaheira catches wind of it, a whack in the face is the LEAST of your worries.

Uhuh... it hurts just when I think of what she would do...

Theo is really desperate for conversation, ain't he?

In short - yes. :)

"Tell me a story with plugtails and trollops...PLEAAAAASE?"

I bet that's just what Imoen is asking Vic right now in the next room...

If I can't see them, they can't see me.

;)

[

Okay, now they're BOTH acting like Imoen.

Heh, there ain't many occasions when Theo can allow himself to behave this way, while being with Jaheira... :cry:

Nice part... a bit more cheerful after all the angst indeed. Thing is that after reading Thicker then Water I imemdiately start to see male/male couples everywhere, so if not for Edwin's romantic interest in the Ranger I would have started wondering...

LOL, I planned to add a disclaimer, saying: "This part features a situation where two males are sharing a bed", but I forgot to add it... And no, I don't plan to kill off Jaheira and write a Theo-Edwin romance, god forbid... :lol:

#9 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 13 September 2003 - 06:20 PM

[quote]Theodur wrote:
[/quote]

[quote]
[quote] Well, this chapter will not be focusing so much on Theo and Jaheira’s problems, instead we will find out exactly what’s been troubling our favorite Red Wizard, as of late. At least it will be a hopefully pleasant distraction from the last two chapters that were filled with angst and depression. [/quote] You say that as if there were something wrong with angst and depression.
[/quote]

Hehe... there isn't, but I like to mix it up, so that the depression doesn't drag on for too long. For example the next chapter will not be exactly funny...

[quote]
[quote]
My problem now is to find a bed for this night… I suppose my friends are already sleeping – I don’t think that Jaheira would approve of me sharing bed with Viconia and Imoen, thus Edwin is the only choice left. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
That reminds me…just what are VIconia and Imoen up to?
[/quote]

Hmmmm... :)

[quote]
No I don’t think she would approve. However I’m not sure Edwin will be tickled at sharing his bed with either.
[/quote]

I think that Jaheira is pretty sure that after the Phaere encounter, Theo isn't going to seek a female company. And Edwin will not be pleased, indeed.

[quote]
[quote] However, first I make a brief stop at Viconia’s room and hand the sleepy Drow the book that Solaufein was writing in, luckily Viconia is too drowsy to pester me with questions - she just curses me for disturbing her sleep and shuts the door in front of my nose. Having dealt with that, I head over towards the doors of Edwin’s room, hoping that he won’t be too cranky. [/quote] Edwin? Cranky?
[/quote]

Never!

[quote]
[quote]
“I am death, come for thee…” I reply in a booming, thunderous voice and hear a heavy thud in the room and after a short wait the door opens. A very sleepy looking man, wearing red pajamas with golden stitchcrafts appears in my sight… [/quote] Red silk pajamas! thank you. Recently I have been very interested in the sleep ware of all of the NPC’s. Don’t ask me why.
[/quote]

I won't, but it is a fascinating subject... :P

[quote]
[quote]
“Ah, plug that mouth of yours, Eddie,” I answer nonchalantly and much to his annoyance step inside his room, “you’ve got a roomie for this night, whether you want it or not.” [/quote]
Right about now cozying up to that telepathic carp down by the city’s entrance must be sounding pretty good to our hero.
[/quote]

:) No, I do believe Eddie is a much better roomie...

[quote]
[quote] “I am sleeping in the middle of the bed, naturally. Your place is where the lessers belong,” saying this, he points to the floor. [/quote] sleeping in the middle just makes it easier to snuggle whoever your with. :D
[/quote]

Ah, that's a great bit of wisdom! :cry:

[quote]
[quote] “Ah, stuff it, Edwin, I am not sleeping on the floor. I take the right side and you can sleep on the left. But if you move to the middle, I will consider that as a sexual harassment and whack you in the face,” I grin. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Well Zaerini, in “Cards Reshuffled” and Kane in “The Nether Scrolls Disaster” both think that Edwin has a certain charm, a pleasant way of filling out his robes so to speak. Maybe Edwin needs to tell Theo: “Once you try red, you’ll love it in bed.”
[/quote]

:) Oh dear... no, I won't go there...

[quote]
I was just telling you about a problem I have been having with the magic users in the story I’m writing and youknow the Jaheira romance can be so difficult to do exactly right….
[/quote]

[quote]
Hadrian: Don’t even think about it.
[/quote]

Theo: Yes, well... Edwin is a *really* nice guy, but... I don't think it would work out. I'm pretty happy with what I already have...

[quote]
[quote] “Edwin?” I ask, hoping that perhaps a conversation will help me to relax and forget some of the painful memories. [/quote] Conversation with Edwin? Relaxing? Theo is more rattled than he lets on
[/quote]

Is it that obvious, eh?

[quote]
[quote] “Tell me a story, Edwin. Jaheira always tells me a story when I can’t sleep,” I have trouble sounding serious, speaking these words. [/quote] LOL
[/quote]

:(

[quote]
[quote] “A story? How about this… once upon a time there lived a tremendously powerful and beautiful Red Wizard and he had an annoying simian for a lackey. Despite his better judgment, the simian kept grating on the Red Wizard’s nerves on daily basis. One day, the Red Wizard had had enough of this and he fireballed the annoying simian. He lived happily ever after. The end,” Edwin finishes his masterpiece. [/quote] Ed’s story has a bit more plot to it than a few movies I have seen recently. I give it a thumbs up.
[/quote]

Naturally, I wouldn't expect anything other, coming from so perfect and flawless individual as Edwin.

[quote][quote]
“Now that is absolutely none of your business…” Edwin snorts, but it seems to be a rather sad sounding snort… [/quote] Come on Eddie…dish.
[/quote]

Oh, he *will* talk...

[quote]
[quote]
“Your treehugger holds no interest for me whatsoever, fool,” Edwin sneers, “I am not the sort who would take a lover only because of pity.” [/quote] Jaheira and Edwin sittin in a tree…..
[/quote]

:lol: I promise, one day I will write Edwin-Jaheira romance... despite the loud protests and threats they are both yeling at the poor scribe.

[quote]
[quote] “Don’t be ridiculous, you don’t have anything to offer to a woman as statuesque and beauteous as my…” Edwin suddenly stops at half sentence, “wait a second – what did you say? You mean, you and the druid… back then? You can’t possibly be serious, nothing escapes the notice of the sharp-eyed Edwin Odesseiron.” [/quote] Eddie needs contacts.
[/quote]

Hmm, I think a monocle would fit him well...

[quote][quote]
“Pronounce that name again and I will suffocate you with my pillow,” Edwin retaliates. [/qutoe] That will be tough to explain to Jaheira in the morning. “So dreadfully sorry about your lover Jaheira, but you know pillow fights, sometimes they just get out of hand.”
[/quote]

Hehe, I'm sure Jaheira would be really understanding... :lol:

[quote]
[quote] “And after this certain Thaywian returned to us some time later, he was acting rather oddly… walking around as if in daze, unable to cast even the simplest cantrip,” I am trying hard to oppress the laughter, “so you stole the gauntlets for her and got laid – that’s a good deal in my book, Eddie… and she was your first one, wasn’t she?” [/quote] See Theo, Edwin is quite the romantic fellow. I just know he woudl treat you right. ;)
[/quote]

Theo: No, thanks. :) I really mean it, I'm quite ok with Jaheira.

[quote]
[quote] “Now you have done it, suffer the wrath of the Red Wizard!” Edwin roars and whacks me in the face with the pillow. Of course, I retaliate and soon a monumental pillow fight breaks out as we skillfully exchange the punches with the fluffy pillows… The fight comes to an end as one of the pillows is torn apart and the room is suddenly full with thousands and thousands of small feathers… we both end up coughing violently and slump back on the bed exhausted… [/qutoe] hey, I was kidding about the pillow fight.
[/quote]

I wasn't. :D

[quote]
[quote]
“Ah, who cares what…” Edwin stops and stands silent in the middle of the room. Without uttering a further word, he climbs back in the bed and falls silent. [/quote] Will we get to meet the future Mrs. Odesseiron anytime soon?[/quote]

Eventually, but not that soon...

#10 Laufey

Posted 13 September 2003 - 07:04 PM

Well, this chapter will not be focusing so much on Theo and Jaheira’s problems, instead we will find out exactly what’s been troubling our favorite Red Wizard, as of late. :) At least it will be a hopefully pleasant distraction from the last two chapters that were filled with angst and depression.

Awwwww! :)

Very understandable. :(

Please take this to its logical conclusion, please, please... :)

However, first I make a brief stop at Viconia’s room and hand the sleepy Drow the book that Solaufein was writing in, luckily Viconia is too drowsy to pester me with questions - she just curses me for disturbing her sleep and shuts the door in front of my nose. Having dealt with that, I head over towards the doors of Edwin’s room, hoping that he won’t be too cranky.

Is the sky blue? Do Avariel taste like chickens?

LOL!

Do write some Edwin/Theodur romance, please do! :lol:

“I can’t sleep.”

You know, I would be mad too. :D

*applause*

“Understand this - there are many of us, Red Wizards, trying to gain the favor of the ruling Zulkir. It just happened so, that one of these jealous upstarts was tracking me all the way to the Sword Coast and spied upon me with the help of a hired Diviner. He found the polymorphed wychlaran and her bodyguard and cast spells to reverse their state – and the diviner transferred the images back to the Zulkir… need I go further or has your simpleton’s mind been able to follow?”

“Worry not, I get it…that’s pretty damn annoying, Edwin… can nothing be done about it? Is there no way to reconcile the matter?” I ask.

Yep, I think it makes perfect sense. I really can't imagine Dekaras is all that happy about the situation either...

“Now that is absolutely none of your business…” Edwin snorts, but it seems to be a rather sad sounding snort…

Awwww... *hugs wizard*

:lol:

“And after this certain Thaywian returned to us some time later, he was acting rather oddly… walking around as if in daze, unable to cast even the simplest cantrip,” I am trying hard to oppress the laughter, “so you stole the gauntlets for her and got laid – that’s a good deal in my book, Eddie… and she was your first one, wasn’t she?”

Awwww! That's so sweet! :)

Now, this is the time when they start cuddling each other, right? ;)

:cry:

“Sure, Eddie, that’s the easy solution. I’m sure that Noralee would be so proud of you,” I remark.

“Ah, who cares what…” Edwin stops and stands silent in the middle of the room. Without uttering a further word, he climbs back in the bed and falls silent.

Awww...loved this of course! And hope Eddie will be reunited with his love.
Rogues do it from behind.

#11 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 13 September 2003 - 07:38 PM

Awwwww! :)

You know, I am not particularly surprised by your reaction... :)

Very understandable. :)

I thought so too... and I'm afraid they just won't have the time they need to deal with it properly...

Please take this to its logical conclusion, please, please... :lol:

And what would be that logical conclusion, pray tell? :twisted:

Is the sky blue? Do Avariel taste like chickens?

Errr... yes?

LOL!

Cute, init?

Do write some Edwin/Theodur romance, please do! :evil:

Oh, dear... do you think Jaheira is just going to stand aside and watch it? Hmm... I wonder if Eddie would consider a threesome... :? ;)

You know, I would be mad too. :)

Of course. Luckily Theo didn't wake him up to ask whether Eddie already had managed to fall asleep... :)

*applause*

Awww... no standing ovations? *snicker*

Yep, I think it makes perfect sense. I really can't imagine Dekaras is all that happy about the situation either...

I'm not sure yet whether my post-ToB plans for Eddie include a return to Thay, though... at least not permanently. I think that Dekkie and family would understand if his return would threaten his safety and happiness.

Awwww... *hugs wizard*

Yep, he needs it.

:evil:

Awwww! That's so sweet! :)

I was chuckling, as I wrote this... :)

Now, this is the time when they start cuddling each other, right? :evil:

Err... of course you know that it would be pretty suicidal, given Theo's current involvment... :(

:twisted:

Oh, yes. Of course, Eddie probably should have told her everything and take her with him, but I imagined that he would chose the dumb solution... so they both will have a *lot* to talk about when they meet again.

Awww...loved this of course! And hope Eddie will be reunited with his love.

Thank you, I'm glad that you liked it. And yep - Eddie and the group will be going out on a journey to find Noralee... which means that after the SoA part, we will pay a visit to Baldur's Gate. Heh, revisiting the old places might prove interesting... :D

#12 Laufey

Posted 13 September 2003 - 08:53 PM

I'm not sure yet whether my post-ToB plans for Eddie include a return to Thay, though... at least not permanently. I think that Dekkie and family would understand if his return would threaten his safety and happiness.

Understand, certainly. Be happy about it...definitely not. :lol:

#13 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 13 September 2003 - 09:21 PM

It's a long way until I get to post-ToB stuff... and I think that I can figure out a solution that would make everyone satisfied... ;)

#14 Laufey

Posted 13 September 2003 - 09:22 PM

It's a long way until I get to post-ToB stuff... and I think that I can figure out a solution that would make everyone satisfied... ;)

Please try - when Dekkie gets really unhappy about something, my head is not a nice place to be. :)

#15 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 13 September 2003 - 09:30 PM

Please try - when Dekkie gets really unhappy about something, my head is not a nice place to be. :)

I don't think neither Dekkie nor you should worry. He won't have a reason to be unhappy, that much I can guarantee. :)

#16 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 14 September 2003 - 07:22 PM

Especially Vico might prove a problem...

Funny :twisted:
And pajamas too... cute!

“Hmm, acceptable,” Edwin agrees after a short thought, “I have to say, I barely recognize in you that sleazy, naive idiot I traveled with, along the Sword Coast. Amazingly enough, it proves that the aphacelous brain cells can regenerate – you are a living proof of that.”

Hey, it is a - compliment!

AWWWWWWWW!

“Eh, my teacher is currently… working on things… he needs to gather some proof that I was framed, but it will be hard to do – after all, polymorphing her was not the proper way to finish the deed (all though, I must admit it was highly amusing and entertaining).

I think 'amusing' and 'entertaining' mean the same here.

Thayvian, or Thayan.

Poor Edwin... nice one!

#17 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 14 September 2003 - 08:01 PM

Especially Vico might prove a problem...

Heh, I'm sure that Jaheira was peeping through a keyhole to make sure that Theo doesn't go in the wrong room.

Funny :twisted:
And pajamas too... cute!

Hehe, I couldn't imagine anything else Edwin would want to wear...

Hey, it is a - compliment!

Well, coming from Edwin, it is a generous one too...

AWWWWWWWW!

He's a good storyteller, eh?

“Eh, my teacher is currently… working on things… he needs to gather some proof that I was framed, but it will be hard to do – after all, polymorphing her was not the proper way to finish the deed (all though, I must admit it was highly amusing and entertaining).

I think 'amusing' and 'entertaining' mean the same here.

Thayvian, or Thayan.

Both good suggestions. :twisted:

Poor Edwin... nice one!

Thanks... and poor Edwin indeed... :twisted:

#18 Weyoun

Posted 15 September 2003 - 11:39 PM

Awww...

LOL! Besides, I don't think Viconia would appreciate Theo to cramp her style. :)

“What is it now?” an annoyed voice rings from inside the room, answering my knock on the door.

*snicker* I know someone else who had that line too. :shock:

“Ha, so the treehugger finally wizened up and threw you out? That does not surprise me in the slightest,” Edwin laughs.

LOL! If Theo and Jaheira ever get married, I wonder how many times Theo will end up having to sleep outside in the doghouse. :wink:

Lawsuit! lawsuit! :)

There once was an all-domineering overlord of the world called Edwin and all lived happily ever after. :cry:

“Who is that? I only know the blind-as-a-bat Edwin Odesseiron,” I snort, “and yes, Jaheira and I were lovers already at that time. But we are discussing your love life here, Eddie… now what was the name of that half-elven beauty? Ah, yes… Noralee?”

Awww, Eddie in love. :?:

“Pronounce that name again and I will suffocate you with my pillow,” Edwin retaliates.

Ah, yes, that was the elf at the docks in Baldur's Gate, right?

Now he's done it. :)

“Says the ignorant that has never faced a Red Wizard in the battle,” Edwin retorts.

“Obviously, she means a lot to you, Eddie… and I think you feel that you have made a mistake by leaving her,” I say, “it is not too late to correct it – after we are done here, I think you should return back to the Gate to see her… perhaps, the rest of us can accompany you – who knows. Or… are you afraid to see her? Afraid that she might have found another?”

Maybe he's in luck... or not if Noralee is holding a little bundle in her hands. :)

He might mistake the bored yawns for gasps, though. Or is that being mean? :)

Great stuff,
---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#19 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 16 September 2003 - 06:52 AM

:cry:

:(

Awww...

Yes... I figured that Jaheira wouldn't want to have a drow male in her bed so soon after that... :(

LOL! Besides, I don't think Viconia would appreciate Theo to cramp her style. :)

Nope, she would not... :wink:

*snicker* I know someone else who had that line too. :)

Hehe... funny that Eddie had this line in BG1 and Ano inherited it for BG2... :?:

LOL! If Theo and Jaheira ever get married, I wonder how many times Theo will end up having to sleep outside in the doghouse. :)

Hehe... Theo's good at sucking up, though... and he knows how, too... :D

Lawsuit! lawsuit! :D

I wonder to whom do you file it in Ust Natha?

There once was an all-domineering overlord of the world called Edwin and all lived happily ever after. :)

I think Eddie should run for president... I bet he has chances in US, 2006... :)

Awww, Eddie in love. :)

It can happen to anyone... :P

Ah, yes, that was the elf at the docks in Baldur's Gate, right?

Right! I thought it could be interesting to give her a personality and some background...

Now he's done it. :)

Blasphemer, everyone knows that Eddie was an expert at that point, already... :)

Maybe he's in luck... or not if Noralee is holding a little bundle in her hands. :)

:shock: Now there's an idea... but I want them to adventure together, eventually... and I don't think that normal women would just drop their babies in bag of holding and head off to face Mellissan, like Aerie does... :)

He might mistake the bored yawns for gasps, though. Or is that being mean? :D

That is being mean! You're lucky that Laufey is away or you'd be in trouble! :D

Great stuff,
---Weyoun

Thanks for commenting! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com