The Wanderer's Chronicles Story number 2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JustinThyme_*

Posted 09 July 2003 - 12:45 AM

Which is also a crossover with that wonderful creation of Ellis Peters, "Brother Cadfael" and my Dr.Who rpg character the Wanderer...

It had been 3 weeks since Yoshiko Naramoto's world had been turned upside down with the revelation that the young foreign exchange student's physics professor was acutally an alien from another world and time. She was still getting used to the idea that he also had known one of her ancestors and had pledged to help out the family whenever there was a crisis.

Yoshiko was walking with her professor, Dr. Justin Thyme back to his office, Dr. Thyme's long legs strode purposefully down the corridor, and Yoshiko almost had to run to keep up. Arriving at his office door, he was surprised to hear the head of the department, Dr Edward Yankovic, in an argument with someone.

"I want to see some I.D., mister." spluttered Dr. Yankovic. Yoshiko entered the office, followed by Dr. Thyme. Sitting at the desk, was a tall brown haired man, with about a three days growth of beard on his face, and he was wearing a brown and white serape, with a pattern of eagles on it. His feet were propped on the desk, showing off a pair of bright orange Converse all star sneakers.

Dr. Thyme cleared his throat. Dr Yankovic turned around and said,

"Ah, Justin, maybe you can explain this man's presence here."

"I can explain myself , thank you very much, I am Justin's younger adopted brother, Nikov. I was born in Russia." The man said with a hint of a Russian accent. Yoshiko covered her mouth to stop from giggling at the pun. Dr Yankovic did not seem to notice.

"Well Justin, that is alright then, I just wish you would clear it with me if you are going to be letting anyone run around in the building, there are some very dangerous experiments going on and the last thing we need is a lawsuit." With that , Dr. Yankovic turned on his heel, and left the office huffily.

"And just what are you doing here, may I ask?" Dr Thyme asked the man sitting behind his desk.

"Enjoying my desk." The Russian accent had left replaced by a thick accent from Liverpool, England, in fact he sounded much like George Harrison.

"It is not your desk."

"But it will be."

"Wanderer, can you please explain what is going on?" Yoshiko asked in a confused tone.

"Well," said the man in the serape, "I am he and he is me."

"Oh", said Yoshiko. "I'm still confused."

"Remember when I explained to you about regeneration?" Dr. Thyme asked Yoshiko. "He is my sixth incarnation."

"Yes, oh I see, he is one of your past selves!" she exclaimed. Just then a rather striking young woman in her mid twenties entereed. She had long red hair, and was wearing a T-shirt with two hands running parallel to each other drawing an Etch a Sketch. The words underneath said Eschersketch. She also had on a pair of khaki slacks and sandals.

"Ah Elizabeth, I trust you found the restroom ok?" said the man at the desk.

"Yes, I did, who are these people?"

"Well, Elizabeth, this is my future self, and one of his students, Ms..." The 6th Wanderer's voice trailed off.

"Well, this Yoshiko Naramoto, an exchange student from Japan." Yoshiko bowed formally.

"Well my sixth incarnation must be here for a chess game, so maybe you could show Elizabeth around?" The 13th Wanderer asked Yoshiko.

"Alright, I will take her to the mall for a while."

"What is a mall?" asked Elizabeth.

"A larege indoor market place, I think you will enjoy it." the 6th Wanderer said. "Here take this." He handed here a Visa card.

"Do not worry, I will take good care of her." Yoshiko said. "What year are you from?"

"When the Wanderer and I left Norfolk, England it was the year of our Lord 1430."

"Oh, so this must be a bit disconcerting for you?" Yoshiko asked in a concerned tone.

"Not quite as bad as ending up on a desert planet running from Rutan scouts." Elizabeth replied.

Yoshiko started to ask more questions as they left the Wanderers to their game...

Next..The 13th Wanderer tells a tale of Middle Ages England..:)

#2 Arcalian

Posted 09 July 2003 - 02:32 AM

Two Wanderers at once...be afraid. Be Very afraid. Muahahahaha!
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#3 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 18 July 2003 - 03:51 PM

But... the laws of time!

It is absolutely forbidden for the same timelord to exist in the same place and time, its only rarely allowed to happen when the high council of Gallifrey has declared an emergency.

And Tom Baker is still the best Doctor.

#4 Guest_JustinThyme_*

Posted 18 July 2003 - 11:39 PM

yes, yes laws of time, well, they are more like guidelines...:twisted:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com