A Grand Vacation (off, Dwarven Horde)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Fantysm_*

Posted 30 June 2003 - 01:24 AM

This is the first of the Dwarven Horde stories that will be multi-part, probably about 3 parts. The thing is, I don't know if I should post them on this forum, or on the serials forum? Help on this? Thanks! Also, if you find any grammatical or spelling errors, point them out. If something's confusing or could be made better, point that out too. And now, on with the story!

Cheers from Fantysm!
---------
"We be goin' mummy-huntin', aye?" Träumerei Kneebiter, also known as Mauri, said to the rest of the Dwarven Horde.

"AYE!" came the general shout of agreement. One dissenter stood out among them, however.

"Book-huntin', lass!" Korgan growled. "We be goin' book-huntin'!"

"Ach, yer no fun, Korg," Vince said. "Cannae ye just imagine mounds on mounds o' mummy guts? Piles o' skeletons? An' the yeller blood o' them eight-legged crawly things . . . errmm, what do they be called?"

"SPIDEYS!"

"Shut yer bonebox, Mauri, I'm thinking," Vince said. "Aye, I be knowin'! They be spideys!"

Kagain, Korgan, Unger, and Mauri rolled their eyes. Yeslick sighed as the group trudged through Athkatla.

"Here be the graveyard," Korgan said as they approached it. "The book be beneath our boots, I be knowin' it!"

"Ach, who be carin' about the blasted book?" Unger asked disgustedly. "I be wantin' the treasure."

"AYE!"

Before long, the group had found a staircase leading into the gloom of the crypts beneath Athkatla's graveyard.

---

"Why do ye be wantin' this book so bad, anyway?" Vince asked Korgan. "Wait, there's a trap there . . ." She talked as she disabled the pressure plate. "Ye donnae seem tae be the bookish type."

"I nay be carin' what be a'tween it's skins," Korgan said. "It could be the memoirs o' Drizzt or Elminster for all I be carin'. Pimlico be the one who be wantin' it."

"Pimlico?"

"Idiot noble book collector. Rich though."

"Ah."

"SPIDEYS AHEAD!" Unger shouted suddenly. The rest of the dwarves rushed forward, taking out their axes, hammers, and swords as they ran. Vince skidded to a stop. "Wait, there could be traps!"

But the rest of the Dwarven Horde paid no attention. Vince shrugged and ran after them, diving into the mass of spiders and slashing with her short sword.

The floor was littered with spider guts, legs, and torsos. The dwarves ignored the gore and stepped into an enormous cavern, which was dominated by a large hive. Several members of the party glared at it, and Yeslick shuddered.

"I nay be wantin' to go in there," Unger said, and the rest of the dwarves agreed without question.

"The air be smellin' older, here," Korgan said, leading them to a dark corridor.

"Hold it; that be a trap," Vince said, and disarmed it. The dwarves headed into the tunnel.

They emerged into a rectangular room with doors on each wall. An arch had been blasted into the wall further up, and Korgan shrugged and headed for it. Vince hauled him back by his collar, already muttering under her breath about traps.

"Now, see 'ere ---" he began indignantly, then broke off as the doors flew open and assorted undead made a beeline for their group.

"Uh-oh," Mauri said unnecessarily. They pulled out their weapons, bunched into a tight circle, and waited for the worst. Korgan, Unger, and Kagain (bedecked in his favorite 'sexy' spiky helmet) started slashing.

A streak of lightning zipped towards the group out of nowhere, but it did not strike the dwarves, taking out a zombie and jumping from mummy to skeleton, and finally fizzling on a vampire. Yeslick immediately began casting a spell, and a ray of dazzling sunlight sliced through the room. The vampire shrieked and fell into dust.

The axes of Korgan and Kagain were making little headway, and Vince's sword was no help at all. Mauri and Unger were having some success with their hammers, but the skeletons, once knocked down, just kept getting back up again. Yeslick was too busy trying to turn them, so his mace lie abandoned a few feet away. Vince finally threw her sword down in fury and snatched up the mace.

"Why don' the blasted things just die already!" Mauri roared, frustrated.

"DUCK!" a melodic feminine voice shouted. Mauri didn't think; she acted, pulling Kagain and Unger down with her as she threw herself to the floor. Korgan was already on the floor, out cold after a blow from a ghoul. Vince was tugged down by Yeslick. A blast of fire exploded over their heads, incinerating the monsters above them. Ash and cinders settled over them as a ringing silence fell.

"Are you alright?"

Yeslick looked up first, to see a woman above them. She was short and slender for a dwarf, and the hand she offered to help him up with was slim-fingered but firm. She had short, curly, flaxen-blonde hair and dark green eyes. The forest green robes she wore matched her eyes, and a belt was cinched around her waist. A hairy leg was slung lazily out of a leather pouch hanging from the belt, a sure sign the leg's owner was asleep.

"I'm Ember Bonesong," she said as she brought the last of the Dwarven Horde to their feet. She was quite soft-spoken. "I am a sorceress, and I've been looking for a certain magical artifact in this place. I suppose you are after treasure, yes?"

"This one," Vince gestured at the limp, ashen-faced form of Korgan she was holding up, "he be lookin' for some book. The rest o' us be treasure-hunters."

Ember nodded. "Well, I'll just be going, then." She shouldered her pack and a strangely shaped instrument case and started off toward the tunnel they had come from.

"No, wait!" Yeslick called. "Ye've just saved our skins. We need your help!"

Unger opened his mouth furiously, no doubt to protest, but Mauri clapped her hand over it before he could speak.

Ember paused. "Well, I suppose I could help you through these parts, since I know my way around a bit. But then I must leave you. I have pressing business in Trademeet."

Yeslick healed Korgan, Vince disabled several traps that were hidden under the floor tiles, and Ember led the way through the uneven archway.

#2 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 30 June 2003 - 06:18 PM

[quote]This is the first of the Dwarven Horde stories that will be multi-part, probably about 3 parts. The thing is, I don't know if I should post them on this forum, or on the serials forum? Help on this? Thanks! Also, if you find any grammatical or spelling errors, point them out. If something's confusing or could be made better, point that out too. And now, on with the story!
[/quote]

Since all the stories are more or less"serials" in that they feature the same characters, i think that you should post them in serials forum.

[quote]
Cheers from Fantysm!
---------
"We be goin' mummy-huntin', aye?" Träumerei Kneebiter, also known as Mauri, said to the rest of the Dwarven Horde.

Mommy hunting? :)

[quote]
"Shut yer bonebox, Mauri, I'm thinking," Vince said. "Aye, I be knowin'! They be spideys!"
[/quote]

You can almost hear his braincells creak when he "thinks"

[quote]
"Why do ye be wantin' this book so bad, anyway?" Vince asked Korgan. "Wait, there's a trap there . . ." She talked as she disabled the pressure plate. "Ye donnae seem tae be the bookish type."
[/quote]

i don't think that he can read

[quote]
"SPIDEYS AHEAD!" Unger shouted suddenly. The rest of the dwarves rushed forward, taking out their axes, hammers, and swords as they ran. Vince skidded to a stop. "Wait, there could be traps!"
[/quote]

[quote]
But the rest of the Dwarven Horde paid no attention. Vince shrugged and ran after them, diving into the mass of spiders and slashing with her short sword.
[/quote]

Carnage! oh yes. All of this fansy-pansy planning your attack and striking from long range is only for elves.

[quote]
They emerged into a rectangular room with doors on each wall. An arch had been blasted into the wall further up, and Korgan shrugged and headed for it. Vince hauled him back by his collar, already muttering under her breath about traps.
[/quote]

[quote]
"Now, see 'ere ---" he began indignantly, then broke off as the doors flew open and assorted undead made a beeline for their group.
[/quote]

More victims! :)

[quote]
The axes of Korgan and Kagain were making little headway, and Vince's sword was no help at all. Mauri and Unger were having some success with their hammers, but the skeletons, once knocked down, just kept getting back up again. Yeslick was too busy trying to turn them, so his mace lie abandoned a few feet away. Vince finally threw her sword down in fury and snatched up the mace.
[/quote]

the undead have a unfair advantage in that they're already dead.

Fun

Hunter

#3 Weyoun

Posted 01 July 2003 - 12:03 AM

This is the first of the Dwarven Horde stories that will be multi-part, probably about 3 parts. The thing is, I don't know if I should post them on this forum, or on the serials forum? Help on this?

Sorry, I;m not that clear on the rules at the moment either. :lol: I think all serials go to the serial board, though, but you might want to ask OG or Jeannette.

"Book-huntin', lass!" Korgan growled. "We be goin' book-huntin'!"

The mummies are just an added extra. :lol:

Kagain, Korgan, Unger, and Mauri rolled their eyes. Yeslick sighed as the group trudged through Athkatla.

"Here be the graveyard," Korgan said as they approached it. "The book be beneath our boots, I be knowin' it!"

Great! Those dwarves sure know how to party. :lol:

"Uh-oh," Mauri said unnecessarily. They pulled out their weapons, bunched into a tight circle, and waited for the worst. Korgan, Unger, and Kagain (bedecked in his favorite 'sexy' spiky helmet) started slashing.

Sexy spikey helmet, ey?

Nah, too easy. :lol:

"Why don' the blasted things just die already!" Mauri roared, frustrated.

Because they're already dead? :lol:

"I'm Ember Bonesong," she said as she brought the last of the Dwarven Horde to their feet. She was quite soft-spoken. "I am a sorceress, and I've been looking for a certain magical artifact in this place. I suppose you are after treasure, yes?"

Hey, another one for the group? :lol:

Ember paused. "Well, I suppose I could help you through these parts, since I know my way around a bit. But then I must leave you. I have pressing business in Trademeet."

Yeslick healed Korgan, Vince disabled several traps that were hidden under the floor tiles, and Ember led the way through the uneven archway.

Great stuff,
---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#4 Guest_Fantysm_*

Posted 02 July 2003 - 11:54 PM

You can almost hear his braincells creak when he "thinks"

I agree . . . but Vince is a 'her'. :wink:

i don't think that he can read

Korgan?! Read?! *gasp* :(

Carnage! oh yes. All of this fansy-pansy planning your attack and striking from long range is only for elves.

You said it!

More victims! :P

Aye!

the undead have a unfair advantage in that they're already dead.

You have a point there.

#5 Guest_Fantysm_*

Posted 03 July 2003 - 12:01 AM

Sorry, I;m not that clear on the rules at the moment either. :wink: I think all serials go to the serial board, though, but you might want to ask OG or Jeannette.

I guess I'll continue the rest of this on the serials board, then.

The mummies are just an added extra. :P

A memorable quote from Shrek seems to fit here:
Shrek: That wasn't in the job description!
Donkey: Well . . . maybe it's a perk!

Great! Those dwarves sure know how to party. :shock:

The best partiers in the Realms, I suppose.

Sexy spikey helmet, ey?

Fantysm: *nods knowingly*
Kagain: *indignantly* Mauri says it be makin' me look sexy!

Nah, too easy. :shock:

:( I'm lost . . .

Because they're already dead? :shock:

*grin*

Hey, another one for the group? :wink:

Yes . . . but she's not exactly all there . . . you'll see. :wink:

#6 Laufey

Posted 03 July 2003 - 07:40 PM

This is the first of the Dwarven Horde stories that will be multi-part, probably about 3 parts. The thing is, I don't know if I should post them on this forum, or on the serials forum? Help on this? Thanks! Also, if you find any grammatical or spelling errors, point them out. If something's confusing or could be made better, point that out too. And now, on with the story!

I guess the serials forum, but I doubt anybody will yell at you if you post it here. :twisted: And if they do, then they need to get a life...

"Ach, yer no fun, Korg," Vince said. "Cannae ye just imagine mounds on mounds o' mummy guts? Piles o' skeletons? An' the yeller blood o' them eight-legged crawly things . . . errmm, what do they be called?"

"SPIDEYS!"

Ah, of course. :wink: I love that dwarven accent, btw.

"I nay be carin' what be a'tween it's skins," Korgan said. "It could be the memoirs o' Drizzt or Elminster for all I be carin'. Pimlico be the one who be wantin' it."

LOL! Now I have this hilarious image in my head of Korgan's dark secret - in his secret identity, he's a mild-mannered, polite intellectual, complete with eyeglasses, and calls himself 'Bookworm'. :twisted:

Sexy...of course. :roll:

"DUCK!" a melodic feminine voice shouted. Mauri didn't think; she acted, pulling Kagain and Unger down with her as she threw herself to the floor. Korgan was already on the floor, out cold after a blow from a ghoul. Vince was tugged down by Yeslick. A blast of fire exploded over their heads, incinerating the monsters above them. Ash and cinders settled over them as a ringing silence fell.

Niiice! :)

A dwarven sorceress is it? Neat! :P Reminds me of my own Violet, the Dwarven Wild Mage.
Rogues do it from behind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com