Mesmerized (ON - or not?)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Domi_*

Posted 23 June 2003 - 06:48 PM

Not exactly sure if this is on topic, but I hope you'll still like it :)

Sky, forest, tents. People are going about their business as usual. This day is one of many and it is still mine to watch. I watch mesmerized. Stone eyes cannot cry, why can they see?

Sometimes when a soul dies, the rain cries and mixes the cold sky with cold dirt and blackened trees. But it happens also that when a soul dies, sun shines on the red, purple and golden leaves, and the universe is at peace with itself. Some weep when her soul dies, some laugh. I can only be silent. What day will it be, when my soul ceases to exist? We had good weather lately, so most probably it will be warm, when I shall hear the last faint beat of my heart. My lips are sealed, my lips are white so I will neither laugh, nor cry. My heart ever so slowly, ever so painfully turns to stone. The last part of me to become marble. The very last.

He calls me a Princess of the North. Call me a Queen, a Goddess, a Dragon. Call me anything you want, buffoon. You are running out of time to find a buyer. Very soon your pathetic scroll will be useless for me. The transformation is almost complete. Will it rain?

#2 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 23 June 2003 - 07:26 PM

Sky, forest, tents. People are going about their business as usual. This day is one of many and it is still mine to watch. I watch mesmerized. Stone eyes cannot cry, why can they see?

Don't ask a geologist about stones, the answer might take all day

Sometimes when a soul dies, the rain cries and mixes the cold sky with cold dirt and blackened trees. But it happens also that when a soul dies, sun shines on the red, purple and golden leaves, and the universe is at peace with itself. Some weep when her soul dies, some laugh. I can only be silent. What day will it be, when my soul ceases to exist? We had good weather lately, so most probably it will be warm, when I shall hear the last faint beat of my heart. My lips are sealed, my lips are white so I will neither laugh, nor cry. My heart ever so slowly, ever so painfully turns to stone. The last part of me to become marble. The very last.

That must be hell.

He calls me a Princess of the North. Call me a Queen, a Goddess, a Dragon. Call me anything you want, buffoon. You are running out of time to find a buyer. Very soon your pathetic scroll will be useless for me. The transformation is almost complete. Will it rain?

This is branwen, right?

#3 Guest_argan_*

Posted 23 June 2003 - 08:24 PM

Very strange, but still an interesting read...I would guess too, that it is Branwen.

#4 Guest_Yazston_*

Posted 23 June 2003 - 09:01 PM

Not exactly sure if this is on topic, but I hope you'll still like it :cry:

I liked... no, loved it! And I think it is on-topic. :-)

Sad... poor Branwen... :)

That was just... beautiful! :-) I can only admire your talent! :cry:

Well, I hope the Bhaalspawn will get there in time! :roll: Will they, Domi? :)

Great! I loved it! :-)

#5 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 24 June 2003 - 03:07 AM

Not exactly sure if this is on topic, but I hope you'll still like it :twisted:

Absolutely adored it

That poses a very interesting question. This is a great opening paragraph. It grabbed me right off the bat, which it definitely a bonus.

Aiii... not something I'd like to experience. Once again, a very moving prose passage.

Excellent piece.

-Blue

#6 Guest_Domi_*

Posted 24 June 2003 - 04:24 AM

Don't ask a geologist about stones, the answer might take all day

lol, I know :wink:

That must be hell.

it must. :twisted:

This is branwen, right?

yes, it is!

Thank you for reading and commenting!

#7 Guest_Domi_*

Posted 24 June 2003 - 04:25 AM

Yes it is Branwen, and yes it is strange :twisted:
Glad you liked it! Thank you for reading and commenting!

#8 Guest_Domi_*

Posted 24 June 2003 - 04:31 AM

I liked... no, loved it! And I think it is on-topic. :wink:

Well, I am not quite sure if it is limited to lucanthropy only or to any kind of transformation :D

Sad... poor Branwen... :P

I know, I always try to get to Nashkel as soon as possible to save her.

That was just... beautiful! ;) I can only admire your talent! :D

thank you * inserts the very embaressed emoticon here*

Well, I hope the Bhaalspawn will get there in time! :( Will they, Domi? :twisted:

Heh, my group definetly will!

Great! I loved it! :)

Thank you!

#9 Guest_Domi_*

Posted 24 June 2003 - 04:34 AM

Absolutely adored it

thank you!

That poses a very interesting question. This is a great opening paragraph. It grabbed me right off the bat, which it definitely a bonus.

it's a sad question, I guess.

Aiii... not something I'd like to experience. Once again, a very moving prose passage.

Excellent piece.

Glad you liked it! Thank you for reading and commenting!

#10 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 24 June 2003 - 07:53 PM

Seems on-topic enough to me. :twisted:

Lovely way to start.

Poor Branwen. :) I might not like her very much, but I feel sorry for her here.

Nice piece of writing. :shock:

Silver

#11 Guest_Domi_*

Posted 25 June 2003 - 10:51 PM

Seems on-topic enough to me. :?

well, it has nothing to do with wolves...

Lovely way to start.

thank you.

Poor Branwen. :( I might not like her very much, but I feel sorry for her here.

She is an interesting charcater and her plight always touched my soul :D

Nice piece of writing. :wink:

Thank you for reading and commenting

#12 Guest_Dorotea_*

Posted 26 June 2003 - 01:02 AM

Amazing, really. You just made me stop and think about her. I always found her one of the most annoying and boring characters in the both games ...

Sometimes when a soul dies, the rain cries and mixes the cold sky with cold dirt and blackened trees.

Shiver. But maybe 'blackened remains of the trees' or 'blackened embers that are left after the trees are gone' would be better. I know it is cumbersome but I cannot trees mix with anything, it sort of falls out of the row of images for me.

He calls me a Princess of the North. Call me a Queen, a Goddess, a Dragon.

Hmm, who is he I forgot? The dude who turned her?

Very soon your pathetic scroll will be useless for me. The transformation is almost complete. Will it rain?

Great way to finish it.

Cheers!

#13 Guest_Domi_*

Posted 26 June 2003 - 02:36 AM

Amazing, really. You just made me stop and think about her. I always found her one of the most annoying and boring characters in the both games ...

lol, I think we do have polar opinions on NPCs. :wink:

Shiver. But maybe 'blackened remains of the trees' or 'blackened embers that are left after the trees are gone' would be better. I know it is cumbersome but I cannot trees mix with anything, it sort of falls out of the row of images for me.

should be trunks, I guess. I was thinking about late fall, when there is no folliage, and the trunks are so wet they look black.

Hmm, who is he I forgot? The dude who turned her?

the one who tries to sell you the scroll to turn her back.

Great way to finish it.

Cheers!

#14 Guest_Rondin_*

Posted 26 June 2003 - 06:39 PM

Very short, which makes me wonder how long it is to the person in question. I got the sense from the almost stunted nature of the thoughts that it was taking place over a longer course of time, like the protagonist was undergoing a change in thought along with a change in body.

I wish it was longer though, because I liked it!

#15 Guest_Domi_*

Posted 26 June 2003 - 06:52 PM

There is no clear-cut answer on how long Branwen was a statue in BG1, but yes, it will be for some time... As for the length, lol, I think Jeanette insisted that the stories for the quiz challenge have to be short (300 words or so, though I am not sure if I remeber correctly) ;)

#16 Guest_Rondin_*

Posted 26 June 2003 - 07:34 PM

I meant that the tone you established made me feel that the thoughts were taking place inside her head over the course of months perhaps, where in a normal state they would be in an instant. ;)

#17 Guest_Aurelius_*

Posted 28 June 2003 - 10:58 PM

WOW! The only thing that keeps me from bursting into tears is the fact that she'll get rescued.

Eh...she WILL get rescued, right?

Great story!

#18 Guest_Domi_*

Posted 29 June 2003 - 12:06 AM

Well, that's the brave Charname's choice :wink: Thank you for reading and commenting!

#19 Guest_Domi_*

Posted 29 June 2003 - 12:07 AM

That's quite possible :wink: I magine that Branwen definetly thinks slower than a normal human, when she is a statue...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com