Just picked up SoU yesterday... (spoiler-ish)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kismet_*

Posted 21 June 2003 - 01:54 PM

...and it seems that BioWare is big into recycling plots, at least for chapter 1.

NWN: You're getting ready to graduate from an academy; the academy gets attacked by goblins; 4 artifacts have been stolen; you must find those artifacts.

SoU: You're getting ready to graduate from an academy; the academy gets attacked by kobolds; 4 artifacts have been stolen; you must find those artifacts.

#2 Guest_CHuK'chSS'raGKH_*

Posted 24 June 2003 - 04:46 AM

...and it seems that BioWare is big into recycling plots, at least for chapter 1.

NWN: You're getting ready to graduate from an academy; the academy gets attacked by goblins; 4 artifacts have been stolen; you must find those artifacts.

SoU: You're getting ready to graduate from an academy; the academy gets attacked by kobolds; 4 artifacts have been stolen; you must find those artifacts.

lol. No, really?

Dang! I'm getting a slight feeling that Shadows of Undertide is not going to be worth the money...in terms of the official SoU campaign, I mean. Other than that, it looks/sounds great.

Well, if you can get past chapter 1, and find something different about the plot, don't hesitate of telling. I don't want to know what in the plot is different or the same. Just whether it's different or practically the same.

#3 Guest_Fantysm_*

Posted 02 July 2003 - 10:21 PM

I know what you mean. At least there's nothing about a plague, right?

#4 Guest_Fantysm_*

Posted 04 July 2003 - 09:32 PM

Well, I just finished chapter one, on to the interlude. Seems quite different, in my opinion. :)

#5 Guest_CHuK'chSS'raGKH_*

Posted 06 July 2003 - 03:15 AM

Well, I just finished chapter one, on to the interlude. Seems quite different, in my opinion. :)

*Sigh* Good. Then I'm not buying it only for the new feats, skills, and stuff; and the toolset stuff. :)

#6 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:39 AM

I suspect that the difference in Chapt 1 was on purpose. I think the designers were trying to keep it simple for the first chapter, so that people comming from NWN wouldn't freak. I know I would have had a hard time adjusting to not having the Stone of Recall, if I had been dumped somewhere further along the plotline. . . *shrug*

Just my thought on the matter. I didn't actually mind the repeat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com