Tales of the Silver Wolf: part 3

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 13 December 2002 - 01:37 AM

Tales of the Silver Wolf: Part 3

Jaheira could hear H'kira muttering to herself, over and over again, "Imoen, Dynaheir, Khalid, my fault, all my fault."

She placed her hand on the werewolf's shoulder, "It's not your fault, child, it's not any of ours."

H'kira almost smiled. Child this, Child that, would Jaheira ever stop? She felt the wolf do the equivalent of a grin.

*Maybe if you stop acting like a child, bond*

*Always taking her side, eh wolf? Should I attribute this to her being a druid or are you going to start a mutiny up there?*

*Bond....bond, I would never leave you, I meant no actual offense*

*My wolf, I was only kidding, I did not mean to upset you*

*One word bond* The wolf sent with a hint of wolf laughter.

*What?*

*Child!!!* The wolf let loose some barking laughter and retreated into the depths of her bond's mind.

H'kira couldn't help it, she laughed.

"Did you hit your head, child?" Jaheira asked, looking at the laughing half-elf as if she were mad.

The word child set H'kira off laughing again. She finally stopped when she saw the looks her party was giving her.

"I'm...I'm sorry Jaheira, I didn't hit my head, my little friend up here," she tapped her head,"was just attempting to cheer me up.

*Little?! I am not little bond, you are little.*

*What in the nine hells are you going on about, wolf?*

*You are not even as tall as the druid, bond, I am twice the size of a normal wolf. You have no basis for your statement that I am little*

Jaheira gave H'kira an odd look. "You always get the oddest look on your face when conversing with the wolf, H'kira. Are you sure you're all right?"

"Fine except for a wolf with a superiority complex," H'kira retorted.

*Twice the size of a normal wolf indeed, my wolf*

*Well...maybe not, bond, but I am still a good-sized wolf*

*That you are my wolf, that you are*

"These buildings, they are familiar, I believe we are in Amn," said Jaheira.

"Is it far from the Sword Coast?" H'kira asked.

"No, but I wonder why we were brought here."

H'kira had a vaguely confused, "Where would we find a place to lie low for a while?"

Yoshimo popped in,"The Slums, we can probably bribe the barkeep at the Copper Coronet to keep quiet about our location."

"What the hells do we have to bribe him with?" H'kira asked.

Yoshimo grinned wickedly and arched an eyebrow, "How about Jaheira?"

H'kira nearly doubled over trying to keep from laughing, Yoshimo looked quite pleased with his quip, Jaheira turned bright red and had a murderous glare fixed on Yoshimo, and Minsc just looked confused.

"How could Jaheira bribe him and why is it so funny? Do you know Boo?," he asked his hamster.

Jaheira muttered something incomprehensible about men and walked off, H'kira in tow.

"Oooh, Yoshimo...Boo says you should watch out, Jaheira can be unforgiveable at times." Minsc commented.

"Ah, the mysterious Miniature Giant Space Hamster resurfaces, with more good advice, if a little late," Yoshimo put in before stalking off after them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com