Tales of the Silver Wolf: part 1

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 13 December 2002 - 01:27 AM

Chapter one

H'kira awoke in a cold dank cell. Her head was pounding and her eyes were unfocused. The wolf called to her....deep in her soul...deeper even than the tainted blood of her accursed father...it sang in her mind, of running through forests and valleys, of the barking laughter of the wolf-kin as the romped in the snow, of a time when wolves ruled the forests and feared no one.

She shook her head, someone was coming. It was the thrice be-damned mage, H'kira couldn't help it, the wolf took her.

The Silver wolf threw itself against the bars of its cage...to be free again... to kill the mage that had put her bondmate through untold agonies. Again and again she hit the bars, baring impossibly sharp ivory fangs, her amber eyes flashing, to kill the mage, to end the suffering of her bond's packmates.

A ball of fire flew through the darkness, and the wolf's coat ignited....as she fell unconscious to the stone floor below, she heard the mage,
and he was laughing.

"H'kira, H'kira wake up," something was shaking her.

She sprang into action, pinning the intruder to the cell wall. "Imoen?" she released the girl.

"Forgive me Imoen," H'kira said, staring at her own arms. Sometime during the night the fire damage had healed itself.

*Thank you, my wolf* she sent the wolf a message mentally.

Imoen leaned against the bars, massaging her neck, "Its ok, this place has me shook up too, Anyways, can we get out of here?"

"Immediately, where are the others?" H'kira asked.

Imoen replied, "Jaheira and Minsc are in cells at the end of the room, Dyn...Dynaheir is dead and I think Khalid is too though I'm not certain. Oh and our weapons and armor are gone, though there is some plain stuff in the room off of this one."

H'kira shook her head, more lost, more dead because of her, Gorion, Dynaheir, perhaps even Khalid. Her eyes began to glow an eerie yellow, "Get what you need, Imoen, I need no weapons."

Imoen shivered, but obeyed.

"Hurry up child and get the door open already," Jaheira obviously wanted out, and wanted out right now.

"Not a child, Jaheira, and I'm trying," H'kira replied, inspecting the lock.

"Not very hard," the druid shot back, she too was nervous, worried for Khalid, and oddly enough for H'kira as well, the young lycanthropes eyes were still glowing...definitely a bad sign.

H'kira's nerves were just about shot, she had had enough and she was going to get Jaheira out. At the last remark she grabbed the bars on the door with her hands and calling on the wolf...yanked them clean out of the frame.

The wolf spoke to her *Bondmate, if you keep doing foolish things like that you will get us killed, not to mention the fact that your arms are going to hurt like hell tomorrow*

H'kira grimaced, the wolf was right. Jaheira just stood there with an odd expression on her face. H'kira simply moved on to Minsc, this was easier, by taunting him she managed to get him angry enough to snap the bars on his own cell.

*Let me guess, my wolf, his arms are gonna hurt like hell tomorrow too, eh?*

*There is no need to be smart with me, bond, and as a matter of fact they will*

As soon as they had gotten armored, except for H'kira of course, they headed down the hall. Goblins, mephits, and even a cambion fell to the Silver wolf's jaws. Soon they had reached the second level of this hellhole.

*Stranger approaches, my bond*

*Thank you, my wolf*

She whispered a warning to her fellow party members. Sure enough a few seconds later a Kozakuran man rounded the corner and introduced himself as Yoshimo.

*Untrustworthy, but useful* the wolf sent H'kira.

A thief she noted could be useful indeed.

H’kira n’ the Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com