Photo

Cards Reshuffled 117

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Laufey

Posted 05 June 2003 - 04:55 AM

Disclaimer: Contains very Evil Avariel. Don't like it - don't read it, and especially don't blame me if you wind up as a wet stain on the floor. She's short tempered...

Cards Reshuffled 117 – Priestesses

Of all adventuring professions available, the one I think I understand the least is that of the cleric. Being that dependent on a deity for your skills is not something I envy, powerful as they can be. Of course, clerics deal with this in different ways. Some will follow their chosen deity faithfully, never deviating from his or her scriptures. Others…will not.

Excerpt from ‘Ruminations Of A Master Bard’

“I don’t know about the rest of you,” Zaerini said, “but I think it would be a very good idea for us to get out of this place for now.” She nervously looked about the large Government Square, all neat hedges and sparkling fountains, with elegant mansions partially hidden in the cool shade beneath the tall trees. “I know those Beshabans are all dead, and the Cowled Wizards who were on the scene, but you never know…there were other witnesses, and somebody might decide to sell us out.” She gave Viconia a quick smile. “Though I’m happy that things turned out as they did…I’d have helped myself if I’d been there.” As she turned to Edwina, her smile became even warmer. “But it seems that wasn’t necessary…I should have known you’d be able to handle yourself…Dread Wizard.”

Edwina preened proudly, puffing herself up so much it seemed she was about to burst. “Naturally, Hellkitten!” she said, toying with her dark hair in what Rini had to admit was a very alluring manner. “I can handle anything the world throws at me, and with ease.”

“Most certainly, Odesseiron,” Viconia murmured, a sly glint in her eyes. Her teeth glinted like pearls against her dark skin as she smirked. “You have, after all, advanced into being female, a vast improvement if you ask me. Doesn’t it feel superb to no longer be a member of the weaker sex?”

“What…” Edwina said, looking equal shares angry and perplexed. “How did you…”

“Oh, you are fairly easily recognizable…I know how to look for patterns of movement, intonation and such, and not only superficial traits.” Again, a small smirk. “Besides, you gave your name before…Edwina. Though I must say you have the makings of a fine female. You must tell me all about this magnificent accomplishment later.”

“I think we had better discuss this elsewhere,” Jaheira interjected. “As our Fearless Leader said, we could attract unwanted attention here. Let us go, and then we can make further plans.”

“Right,” Rini agreed. “Let’s go back to the Coronet, and then decide where we go from there.” As they headed off through the streets, she found herself walking next to Viconia and watched the Drow carefully. The priestess looked much as she remembered her, beautiful and alluring, in a commanding way, her long white hair providing a dramatic contrast to her dark skin as the silky strands peeked out under her hood. “So…” she said after a few minutes. “What brings you to Athkatla? I thought you meant to settle down in the Beregost area? And how did you wind up on top of that pyre, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“I had my reasons for leaving, abbil,”, Viconia said, and for a moment some dark emotion glinted in her eyes. Anger…but more than that. “The climate in Beregost turned out to be less than suitable for skin of my color.”

“Oh…I’m really sorry to hear that.”

“And as for this sty of a city…phaugh! I had done nothing to deserve such treatment, I sought only to be left alone and had harmed nobody here. But a man happened to catch sight of my face beneath my hood, and that was that.”

“The Drow are known for their evil ways,” Anomen stated. Then he flushed lightly. “Though I had not known they could be so striking.”

Viconia gave him a considering look for a moment, then turned to Zaerini. “The male isn’t entirely displeasing to my eyes, if blunt in manners…I commend you on your taste, abbil.”

“My taste?”

“Why, yes! Every female should start her collection early, so that she will have ample time to gather a suitable number of strong males. But remember to evaluate his prowess carefully before granting him any privileges, or you may be disappointed.”

Zaerini was afraid to look at Anomen’s face. “Ah…Anomen is not…”

“That’s right!” Edwina spat, as she hastily inserted herself between the half-elf and the Drow, grasping Rini’s arm tightly. “He isn’t! (And if he tries to get any ‘privileges’ I will make certain to acquaint him with my prowess at spellcasting…close and personal.)”

“What is it to you, lady mage?” Anomen haughtily stated, taking Rini’s other arm and squashing it against him. “Your agitation grows steadily…methinks you need the calming presence of a husband to soothe your ire. Granted, we will likely have to pay him an enormous dowry first.”

As she found herself more or less dragged through the streets of Athkatla by the wizard and the cleric, both of them bickering vehemently, Rini turned her head to see Viconia wink at her. “Never mind, abbil,” the Sharran priestess laughed. “You can always run off with me, if you want somebody with sense…”

-*-

“The sun in Murann will tan an even bun!” Aerie said the words clearly, in the sweetest voice she could muster, and then gave lord Logum Eckel a look of radiant pride.

The nobleman jumped off the chaise lounge where he’d been sitting, grasped her by the shoulders and shook her. “Say it, woman! Say it again! Properly!”

I would greatly enjoy smearing your foul entrails all over the walls, using them to paint pretty pictures for my Mistress. “The sun in Murann will tan an even bun…my lord…” Aerie said again, smiling bashfully.

“Yes!” Lord Logum exclaimed. “YES! She’s got it! By Waukeen, I think she’s got it!” He clasped the Avariel’s hands in his, spinning her about. “I am a genius! I have taken this waif, this unformed lump of clay, and transformed her into a grand lady!”

One Flesh to Stone spell…that’s all it would take to turn you into a ‘lump of clay’ you pompous idiot. “Oh, my lord…” Aerie said, fluttering her eyelashes with practiced ease as she looked up at the nobleman’s flushed and excited face, counting the pores on his nose in order to give herself the perfect look of concentrated fascination. “…I could never have done it without you. You…you have shown me that life on the ground needn’t be so terrible after all…” …as long as there is suffering to spread, misery to cause, and hapless fools to torment… “…that I can find something else to fill my life…” …the service of my Mistress Loviatar, blessed be her name. “…and that I am stronger than most people would think.” Oh yes…that much is true. “And all because of you…my dear, dear friend.” She made a delicate blush spread across her cheeks. “And now…now I wish to ask you…if you would…”

“Oh yes!” Lord Logum said, sweating profusely. “Of course I will be happy to continue your education, dear girl. It will be my pleasure to make a woman out of you!”

“Oh!” Aerie exclaimed, intensifying the blush. “I…I didn’t mean…” Never give them what they expect, she thought, inwardly smirking at the confused look on the nobleman’s arrogant face. “Though maybe I might…some day…that is, I only meant to ask you if you would introduce me properly to Amnian High Society. I…feel I am ready for it…and I do want to make you proud of me.”

“Ah. Yes…yes of course. I need to prove my point after all, and demonstrate my keen and scientific mind’s accomplishment to those who doubted me. Very well. We will start out slowly…I’ll introduce you to the Jysstevs. They don’t live far from here, and the lady Jysstev is always fond of meeting new people. If all goes well, we will scale up from there.”

“Thank you, my lord,” Aerie said, delicately tucking a few strands of golden hair behind her ear. “You have no idea how grateful I am to you.”

-*-

In another place entirely, a red-haired woman with a feathered headdress walked across a floor that might have been marble, but was not. She was tall, taller than most men, but in this place she was dwarfed by the enormous thing that hung in the air before her, glowing with a poisonous green light that made her hair look almost black. The woman grasped her spear tightly after adjusting a couple of straps on her armor. “Ah, my Lord,” she said, an ironic smile playing on her lips. “How good it is to bask in your presence once more.”

SPARE ME YOUR PLEASANTRIES, WOMAN, an enormous voice boomed out of the green light. I DO NOT KNOW WHY YOU ARE HERE, BUT IT CANNOT BE TO PAY YOUR RESPECTS. DO YOU THINK I AM UNAWARE OF WHAT YOU HAVE DONE? OF WHAT YOU ARE PLANNING?

“Of course not, my Lord,” the woman smirked. “You could not help but notice, could you? Pity you didn’t guess it earlier…before your sad demise, that is. But then, I always seemed so loyal and devoted, didn’t I? So utterly trustworthy?”

NONSENSE. YOU SEEMED LIKE WHAT YOU ARE, A BACKSTABBING WITCH, AS TRUSTWORTHY AS A MIRAGE. A PERFECT PRIESTESS OF MINE, IN OTHER WORDS. YOU LOT ARE ALL LIKE THAT. OR WERE.

“Then why did you trust me, foolish god?”

I NEEDED SOMEBODY TO ARRANGE THE PRACTICAL SIDE OF MY PLAN. YOU WERE THE ONE BEST SUITED FOR THE TASK.

“Of course I was!” the woman screeched, her voice grating like a rusty nail scraping across a blackboard. “I was your high priestess – but I will soon be far more!” Her voice lowered to a sibilant hiss. “How do you enjoy your prison, my ‘Lord’? A pretty little place for a dead god’s spirit to spend eternity…or such time as remains until I can find all the Bhaalspawn. And then I will be the Lady of Murder – and you will be less than dust! Do you hear that? DOOM AWAITS THEE!”

There were a few moments of silence.

PERHAPS OBLIVION WOULDN’T BE SO BAD – AT LEAST I WOULD NEVER HAVE TO HEAR YOUR ANNOYING VOICE AGAIN. YOU’RE GIVING ME A TERRIBLE HEADACHE, AND I DON’T EVEN HAVE AN ACTUAL HEAD. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD BECOME GODDESS OF IRRITANCY INSTEAD.

“How dare you speak to me that way? Take that back or YOU SHALL SUFFER!”

HOW, EXACTLY? I’M ALREADY DEAD, REMEMBER? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, KILL ME? UNTIL ALL MY CHILDREN ARE YOURS, YOU CANNOT TAKE THE THRONE, YOU KNOW THAT. AND YOU MAY JUST BE SURPRISED BY THEIR RESOURCEFULNESS.

The woman in the feathered headdress frowned, snarling angrily. “What are you saying? You aren’t planning anything, are you?”

MY DEAR LITTLE PRIESTESS – WOULD YOU HONESTLY EXPECT ME TO TELL YOU IF I WERE? AMUSE YOURSELF WITH YOUR LITTLE GAMES AS YOU WILL. PLAY WITH YOUR FOLLOWERS, AND YOUR ARMIES. IN THE END, YOU WILL FALL.

The red-haired woman spat out a curse, and turned around to stalk out of the chamber. As she walked away, the mocking voice of the dead god followed her.

OH, AND ANOTHER THING, MY PRIESTESS…THAT OUTFIT LOOKS QUITE RIDICULOUS.

Next: Back to Dekkie...who is definitely doing dangerous stuff. But then, isn't he always?
Rogues do it from behind.

#2 Guest_Userunfriendly_*

Posted 05 June 2003 - 06:04 AM

Disclaimer: Contains very Evil Avariel. Don't like it - don't read it, and especially don't blame me if you wind up as a wet stain on the floor. She's short tempered...

eeekkkk!!!

YAYAYAYYAYAYA!!!!

Of all adventuring professions available, the one I think I understand the least is that of the cleric. Being that dependent on a deity for your skills is not something I envy, powerful as they can be. Of course, clerics deal with this in different ways. Some will follow their chosen deity faithfully, never deviating from his or her scriptures. Others…will not.

neeber: What's a cleric???

“I don’t know about the rest of you,” Zaerini said, “but I think it would be a very good idea for us to get out of this place for now.” She nervously looked about the large Government Square, all neat hedges and sparkling fountains, with elegant mansions partially hidden in the cool shade beneath the tall trees. “I know those Beshabans are all dead, and the Cowled Wizards who were on the scene, but you never know…there were other witnesses, and somebody might decide to sell us out.” She gave Viconia a quick smile. “Though I’m happy that things turned out as they did…I’d have helped myself if I’d been there.” As she turned to Edwina, her smile became even warmer. “But it seems that wasn’t necessary…I should have known you’d be able to handle yourself…Dread Wizard.”

a successful and clean gettaway is essential to any crime...(david eddings)

Edwina preened proudly, puffing herself up so much it seemed she was about to burst. “Naturally, Hellkitten!” she said, toying with her dark hair in what Rini had to admit was a very alluring manner. “I can handle anything the world throws at me, and with ease.”

oh my..dwina "popping" out of that dress... :) :) :)

“Most certainly, Odesseiron,” Viconia murmured, a sly glint in her eyes. Her teeth glinted like pearls against her dark skin as she smirked. “You have, after all, advanced into being female, a vast improvement if you ask me. Doesn’t it feel superb to no longer be a member of the weaker sex?”

of course, in drow society, males are the weaker sex... :D

“Why, yes! Every female should start her collection early, so that she will have ample time to gather a suitable number of strong males. But remember to evaluate his prowess carefully before granting him any privileges, or you may be disappointed.”

kick the tires, check under the hood... :lol: :lol: :lol:

As she found herself more or less dragged through the streets of Athkatla by the wizard and the cleric, both of them bickering vehemently, Rini turned her head to see Viconia wink at her. “Never mind, abbil,” the Sharran priestess laughed. “You can always run off with me, if you want somebody with sense…”

:shock: :shock: :( joke?? or flirt?? :|

“The sun in Murann will tan an even bun!” Aerie said the words clearly, in the sweetest voice she could muster, and then gave lord Logum Eckel a look of radiant pride.

My fair lady... :lol:

I would greatly enjoy smearing your foul entrails all over the walls, using them to paint pretty pictures for my Mistress. “The sun in Murann will tan an even bun…my lord…” Aerie said again, smiling bashfully.

her thoughts are very funny...and I could really see her point...he is a dufus...

One Flesh to Stone spell…that’s all it would take to turn you into a ‘lump of clay’ you pompous idiot. “Oh, my lord…” Aerie said, fluttering her eyelashes with practiced ease as she looked up at the nobleman’s flushed and excited face, counting the pores on his nose in order to give herself the perfect look of concentrated fascination. “…I could never have done it without you. You…you have shown me that life on the ground needn’t be so terrible after all…” …as long as there is suffering to spread, misery to cause, and hapless fools to torment… “…that I can find something else to fill my life…” …the service of my Mistress Loviatar, blessed be her name. “…and that I am stronger than most people would think.” Oh yes…that much is true. “And all because of you…my dear, dear friend.” She made a delicate blush spread across her cheeks. “And now…now I wish to ask you…if you would…”

wow...she can blush at will???

“Oh yes!” Lord Logum said, sweating profusely. “Of course I will be happy to continue your education, dear girl. It will be my pleasure to make a woman out of you!”

pervert...

“Thank you, my lord,” Aerie said, delicately tucking a few strands of golden hair behind her ear. “You have no idea how grateful I am to you.”

he's going to get it...hehhehehhe :)

yeah, why???

“Of course I was!” the woman screeched, her voice grating like a rusty nail scraping across a blackboard. “I was your high priestess – but I will soon be far more!” Her voice lowered to a sibilant hiss. “How do you enjoy your prison, my ‘Lord’? A pretty little place for a dead god’s spirit to spend eternity…or such time as remains until I can find all the Bhaalspawn. And then I will be the Lady of Murder – and you will be less than dust! Do you hear that? DOOM AWAITS THEE!”

ahh yes, the customary villain gloating over a fallen foe...she even does the giving away of nefarious plots speech...hehehheheh :lol:

PERHAPS OBLIVION WOULDN’T BE SO BAD – AT LEAST I WOULD NEVER HAVE TO HEAR YOUR ANNOYING VOICE AGAIN. YOU’RE GIVING ME A TERRIBLE HEADACHE, AND I DON’T EVEN HAVE AN ACTUAL HEAD. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD BECOME GODDESS OF IRRITANCY INSTEAD.

good one!!!

MY DEAR LITTLE PRIESTESS – WOULD YOU HONESTLY EXPECT ME TO TELL YOU IF I WERE? AMUSE YOURSELF WITH YOUR LITTLE GAMES AS YOU WILL. PLAY WITH YOUR FOLLOWERS, AND YOUR ARMIES. IN THE END, YOU WILL FALL.

see? thats what a professional evil villain does...keep things quiet.... :lol:

second good one!!!

Next: Back to Dekkie...who is definitely doing dangerous stuff. But then, isn't he always?

Yay!!!

Another excellent episode!!! fun!!! Want more!

#3 Laufey

Posted 05 June 2003 - 06:10 AM

a successful and clean gettaway is essential to any crime...(david eddings)

Yes indeed. :D

oh my..dwina "popping" out of that dress... :) :) :)

It would be a sight to behold...oh yes...

of course, in drow society, males are the weaker sex... :D

Who says it's different here, male? :lol:

kick the tires, check under the hood... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sort of like that, yeah! :D

:shock: :shock: :( joke?? or flirt?? :|

With Vic, it's often difficult to tell...

My fair lady... :lol:

Oh yes. :D

her thoughts are very funny...and I could really see her point...he is a dufus...

He is. :D

wow...she can blush at will???

*nods* One of her special skills, that. Very useful.

pervert...

I really *hate* that line in the game. It implies that a woman is only worth something if she's had sex with a man.

he's going to get it...hehhehehhe :)

Eventually, I'm certain that he will...once she has no further use for him.

yeah, why???

Beats me. :D

ahh yes, the customary villain gloating over a fallen foe...she even does the giving away of nefarious plots speech...hehehheheh :lol:

Melissan is powerful...but not exactly subtle. :D

second good one!!!

It was fun writing Bhaal...I think I must do that again. :D

Yay!!!

Another excellent episode!!! fun!!! Want more!

Thanks very much! :D

#4 Guest_Yazston_*

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:15 AM

Hehe... ummm... I think... I should... go... no... RUN... and HIDE!!

“Though I’m happy that things turned out as they did…I’d have helped myself if I’d been there.” As she turned to Edwina, her smile became even warmer. “But it seems that wasn’t necessary…I should have known you’d be able to handle yourself…Dread Wizard.”

Awww... Well, I would have helped too... But! I don't live there! Haha! erm... yes...

Hey!? How does she...?

“Oh, you are fairly easily recognizable…I know how to look for patterns of movement, intonation and such, and not only superficial traits.” Again, a small smirk. “Besides, you gave your name before…Edwina. Though I must say you have the makings of a fine female. You must tell me all about this magnificent accomplishment later.”

Ahh, that's why she knew it! :lol: Very, very wise and intelligent!

“I had my reasons for leaving, abbil,”, Viconia said, and for a moment some dark emotion glinted in her eyes. Anger…but more than that. “The climate in Beregost turned out to be less than suitable for skin of my color.”

Yeah, sure. You think you can fool me... or the others? Well, let me tell you something, I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT!!

Viconia gave him a considering look for a moment, then turned to Zaerini. “The male isn’t entirely displeasing to my eyes, if blunt in manners…I commend you on your taste, abbil.”

Haha! Viccyyy!! :lol: :)

“That’s right!” Edwina spat, as she hastily inserted herself between the half-elf and the Drow, grasping Rini’s arm tightly. “He isn’t! (And if he tries to get any ‘privileges’ I will make certain to acquaint him with my prowess at spellcasting…close and personal.)”

Yep, Edwin-a(:|) is the one!!

-*-

Grrrrr... Die Aerie!! :lol:

“Yes!” Lord Logum exclaimed. “YES! She’s got it! By Waukeen, I think she’s got it!” He clasped the Avariel’s hands in his, spinning her about. “I am a genius! I have taken this waif, this unformed lump of clay, and transformed her into a grand lady!”

Umm... I'd say you are very stupid... and that you should run very fast if you want to escape. But then again he won't hear me... :lol:

Must you be so... so... grrrr... stop it! And leave! Yes! Leave!! (And die... :))

Bah! Words 'Aerie' and 'grateful' doesn't fit together! *hmpf*

-*-

In another place entirely, a red-haired woman with a feathered headdress walked across a floor that might have been marble, but was not. She was tall, taller than most men, but in this place she was dwarfed by the enormous thing that hung in the air before her, glowing with a poisonous green light that made her hair look almost black.

Ah, now she appeared...

Yeah, sure! You'll be dead soon! :)

Mwahahahahaa!! Go, Bhaaaaaaal!!

HOW, EXACTLY? I’M ALREADY DEAD, REMEMBER? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, KILL ME? UNTIL ALL MY CHILDREN ARE YOURS, YOU CANNOT TAKE THE THRONE, YOU KNOW THAT. AND YOU MAY JUST BE SURPRISED BY THEIR RESOURCEFULNESS.

Now, even though this guy is evil, I like him a lot! :lol: More than I like... well, I don't like the woman... (forgot the name... :( Melissan?)

Mwahahahahahaa!! GO BHAAAAAAL!!! :shock: :shock:

Great one!! :lol::D

#5 Laufey

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:20 AM

Ahh, that's why she knew it! :lol: Very, very wise and intelligent!

Vic is one clever lady. :shock:

Haha! Viccyyy!! :lol: :)

And she's lots of fun to write too. :)

Yep, Edwin-a(:D) is the one!!

She certainly is! :lol:

Umm... I'd say you are very stupid... and that you should run very fast if you want to escape. But then again he won't hear me... :lol:

Nope...and he'll be sorry...eventually.

Yeah, sure! You'll be dead soon! :)

Or at least come ToB. :lol:

Now, even though this guy is evil, I like him a lot! :lol: More than I like... well, I don't like the woman... (forgot the name... :shock: Melissan?)

Melissan, yes. :( And I really felt for Bhaal here, evil as he is.

Great one!! :|:D

Thank you! :)

#6 Guest_Yunami_Silverblade_*

Posted 05 June 2003 - 01:30 PM

Eep! Loviatar priestess...SCARY!

“Though I’m happy that things turned out as they did…I’d have helped myself if I’d been there.” As she turned to Edwina, her smile became even warmer. “But it seems that wasn’t necessary…I should have known you’d be able to handle yourself…Dread Wizard.”

Heh...I love those little nicknames...Something only a kid could come up with.

Heh...I happen to border on being a man-hater, so Viccy is my favorite character.

“Oh, you are fairly easily recognizable…"

He sure is!

“The climate in Beregost turned out to be less than suitable for skin of my color.”

That's an interesting way of putting it...

“My taste?”

Hoo, boy...I wonder how 'Dwina is planning to kill Ano?

Lol! Getting possessive, dear?

“What is it to you, lady mage?” Anomen haughtily stated, taking Rini’s other arm and squashing it against him. “Your agitation grows steadily…methinks you need the calming presence of a husband to soothe your ire. Granted, we will likely have to pay him an enormous dowry first.”

Oh boy...I have the feeling something bad is going to happen to Ano in the near future.

“Never mind, abbil,” the Sharran priestess laughed. “You can always run off with me, if you want somebody with sense…”

Heh...Gotta love that Drow's sense of humor.

The nobleman jumped off the chaise lounge where he’d been sitting, grasped her by the shoulders and shook her. “Say it, woman! Say it again! Properly!”

Oh! "My Fair Elf!" Or should that be "My Evil Avariel?"

Bad times coming for Daddy Bhaal, eh?

Yay! Dekkie! But where'd Poppy go?

#7 Laufey

Posted 05 June 2003 - 01:37 PM

[quote][quote]Disclaimer: Contains very Evil Avariel. Don't like it - don't read it, and especially don't blame me if you wind up as a wet stain on the floor. She's short tempered...
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Eep! Loviatar priestess...SCARY!
[/quote]

That she is. ;)

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Heh...I love those little nicknames...Something only a kid could come up with.
[/quote]

Thank you! :)

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Heh...I happen to border on being a man-hater, so Viccy is my favorite character.
[/quote]

LOL! Viccy is *very* stimulating to write...

[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Hoo, boy...I wonder how 'Dwina is planning to kill Ano?
[/quote]

You know, it's funny you should say that...

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Lol! Getting possessive, dear?
[/quote]

*grin* She takes after her mother in this regard...

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Oh boy...I have the feeling something bad is going to happen to Ano in the near future.
[/quote]

*hums innocently*

[quote]
[quote]
“Never mind, abbil,” the Sharran priestess laughed. “You can always run off with me, if you want somebody with sense…”
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Heh...Gotta love that Drow's sense of humor.
[/quote]

I certainly do! :)

[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Oh! "My Fair Elf!" Or should that be "My Evil Avariel?"
[/quote]

Either, I think. :)

[quote]
[quote]
Next: Back to Dekkie...who is definitely doing dangerous stuff. But then, isn't he always?[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Yay! Dekkie! But where'd Poppy go?[/quote]

Poppy went back to visit her niece, Alora. I'm certain we'll see her again eventually though.

#8 Guest_Noelani_*

Posted 05 June 2003 - 02:35 PM

Especially when their chosen diety is currently dead....

Even giant spiky lobster-monsters?

“What…” Edwina said, looking equal shares angry and perplexed. “How did you…”

*cackle* You know, I bet there are some males in the Underdark that would sell their souls to know how to do a gender swap like Edwina's.

“I think we had better discuss this elsewhere,” Jaheira interjected. “As our Fearless Leader said, we could attract unwanted attention here. Let us go, and then we can make further plans.”

“Right,” Rini agreed. “Let’s go back to the Coronet, and then decide where we go from there.” As they headed off through the streets, she found herself walking next to Viconia and watched the Drow carefully. The priestess looked much as she remembered her, beautiful and alluring, in a commanding way, her long white hair providing a dramatic contrast to her dark skin as the silky strands peeked out under her hood. “So…” she said after a few minutes. “What brings you to Athkatla? I thought you meant to settle down in the Beregost area? And how did you wind up on top of that pyre, if you don’t mind me asking?”

I think Viccy, Rini and Eddie should form their own little support group, considering their experiences with men unable to comprehend the meaning of the word "no".

“And as for this sty of a city…phaugh! I had done nothing to deserve such treatment, I sought only to be left alone and had harmed nobody here. But a man happened to catch sight of my face beneath my hood, and that was that.”

“The Drow are known for their evil ways,” Anomen stated. Then he flushed lightly. “Though I had not known they could be so striking.”

“My taste?”

;) Even Viconia noticed Ano's infatuation, and she's only been in the party five minutes!

-*-

“Oh!” Aerie exclaimed, intensifying the blush. “I…I didn’t mean…” Never give them what they expect, she thought, inwardly smirking at the confused look on the nobleman’s arrogant face. “Though maybe I might…some day…that is, I only meant to ask you if you would introduce me properly to Amnian High Society. I…feel I am ready for it…and I do want to make you proud of me.”

“Ah. Yes…yes of course. I need to prove my point after all, and demonstrate my keen and scientific mind’s accomplishment to those who doubted me. Very well. We will start out slowly…I’ll introduce you to the Jysstevs. They don’t live far from here, and the lady Jysstev is always fond of meeting new people. If all goes well, we will scale up from there.”

-*-

In another place entirely, a red-haired woman with a feathered headdress walked across a floor that might have been marble, but was not. She was tall, taller than most men, but in this place she was dwarfed by the enormous thing that hung in the air before her, glowing with a poisonous green light that made her hair look almost black. The woman grasped her spear tightly after adjusting a couple of straps on her armor. “Ah, my Lord,” she said, an ironic smile playing on her lips. “How good it is to bask in your presence once more.”

SPARE ME YOUR PLEASANTRIES, WOMAN, an enormous voice boomed out of the green light. I DO NOT KNOW WHY YOU ARE HERE, BUT IT CANNOT BE TO PAY YOUR RESPECTS. DO YOU THINK I AM UNAWARE OF WHAT YOU HAVE DONE? OF WHAT YOU ARE PLANNING?

“Of course not, my Lord,” the woman smirked. “You could not help but notice, could you? Pity you didn’t guess it earlier…before your sad demise, that is. But then, I always seemed so loyal and devoted, didn’t I? So utterly trustworthy?”

NONSENSE. YOU SEEMED LIKE WHAT YOU ARE, A BACKSTABBING WITCH, AS TRUSTWORTHY AS A MIRAGE. A PERFECT PRIESTESS OF MINE, IN OTHER WORDS. YOU LOT ARE ALL LIKE THAT. OR WERE.

I NEEDED SOMEBODY TO ARRANGE THE PRACTICAL SIDE OF MY PLAN. YOU WERE THE ONE BEST SUITED FOR THE TASK.

There were a few moments of silence.

The woman in the feathered headdress frowned, snarling angrily. “What are you saying? You aren’t planning anything, are you?”

The red-haired woman spat out a curse, and turned around to stalk out of the chamber. As she walked away, the mocking voice of the dead god followed her.

This from "Mr. Spiky Armour" himself? I KNOW Saervok got his taste in clothes from Daddy...
Actually, I'm suprised you decided to write a conversation between Bhaal and Melly at this point. From what i've read in all the script in ToB, he's considered to be "asleep", or at least unable to communicate with anything besides his own children.

Yay, more Dekkie! Is he playing with vampires again? :)

#9 Laufey

Posted 05 June 2003 - 02:45 PM

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]

[/quote]

[quote]
Especially when their chosen diety is currently dead....
[/quote]

Just so. :)

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Even giant spiky lobster-monsters?
[/quote]

We will have to wait and see...she'll get the chance eventually.

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
*cackle* You know, I bet there are some males in the Underdark that would sell their souls to know how to do a gender swap like Edwina's.
[/quote]

I think you're probably right. :)

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
I think Viccy, Rini and Eddie should form their own little support group, considering their experiences with men unable to comprehend the meaning of the word "no".
[/quote]

Yeah...sadly there's no shortage of such men in the world. :)

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
;) Even Viconia noticed Ano's infatuation, and she's only been in the party five minutes!
[/quote]

Yep. :)

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
This from "Mr. Spiky Armour" himself? I KNOW Saervok got his taste in clothes from Daddy...
Actually, I'm suprised you decided to write a conversation between Bhaal and Melly at this point. From what i've read in all the script in ToB, he's considered to be "asleep", or at least unable to communicate with anything besides his own children.
[/quote]

Taking some artistic license here...I figure that if he can communicate with his children, then his High Priestess can communicate with him, though I don't think he can communicate with her.

[quote]
Next: Back to Dekkie...who is definitely doing dangerous stuff. But then, isn't he always?[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Yay, more Dekkie! Is he playing with vampires again? :)[/quote]

Yes indeed...and is soon about to meet *the* vampire.

#10 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 05 June 2003 - 06:19 PM

Oh no! Not more Evil avariel! How can you do this to such a lovely character? Don't you know she's Good??

Intriguing..I've read through this once already, but I don't quite see how this fits...Aerie surely follows her Goddess very well. Maybe we're talking about Vicky here?

Heheh, I think her comments will actually do 'Dwina some good!

Vic is one of my favourite NPCs...so complex and deep.

“My taste?”

Heheheh, I knew I kept that cupboard space free for a reason...

Oooh, miaow! That is a very nasty thing to say.

Nah, Rini would *never* want someone sensible.

*gag*

Ergh! I hate that line, as well you know.

“Oh!” Aerie exclaimed, intensifying the blush.

Controlling your own blush? Neat trick.

“I…I didn’t mean…” Never give them what they expect, she thought, inwardly smirking at the confused look on the nobleman’s arrogant face. “Though maybe I might…some day…that is, I only meant to ask you if you would introduce me properly to Amnian High Society. I…feel I am ready for it…and I do want to make you proud of me.”

Ahh, so these are the new NPCs you mentioned!

Not very often you hear a god being peeved.

Does he deliberately sound like Dekkie?

Oh! Of course, Melissan is the other person referenced to in the intro paragraph. Duh, I'm so dim at times.

Interesting...could it be that Bhaal helped Sarevok escape, to help his sister? Better dead than having your power stolen away?

Very true!

#11 Guest_C'est Nedra_*

Posted 05 June 2003 - 06:24 PM

You need to make an acronym for that. Like PCB, CFC, DDT, etc...VeryEvilAvarial.

Warning: Product may contain VEA. Use only as directed and keep out of the reach of children.

:lol

I loved the contrast between Melissan and Aerie! I also do not enjoy most clerics, they seem a bit on the brainwashed side.

LOL wow I think I would be frightened by Edwina...massive pushed up boobs stuffed in a blood red dress are indimidating. Like time bombs, just waiting to suddenly pop.

Vicky's a smart one.

Ano is such a dork...and I love Viconia! She has such a different perspective on things, it's great.

LOL! It would either be a look of utter devotion or disgust.

Hmmm I'm going to go with devotion. This makes Ano seem very much his age, I wonder if paladins are somewhat like football players nowadays...

It took me a sec to realize what the heck she was doing! LOL, this was GREAT!

After hours of that, I would probably want to gut his too...

Oh my gosh!!! LOL!!! I laughed so hard...definitely wasn't expecting a Bhaal like this :-)

Go Bhaal...it's your birthday...

Can't wait, I love Dekaras! Great chapter, I much enjoyed it!

#12 Laufey

Posted 05 June 2003 - 06:35 PM

[quote][quote]Disclaimer: Contains very Evil Avariel. Don't like it - don't read it, and especially don't blame me if you wind up as a wet stain on the floor. She's short tempered...[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Oh no! Not more Evil avariel! How can you do this to such a lovely character? Don't you know she's Good??
[/quote]

I know...I'm a terrible person. Just chuck me on top of that pyre along with Viconia. :-)

[quote]
Intriguing..I've read through this once already, but I don't quite see how this fits...Aerie surely follows her Goddess very well. Maybe we're talking about Vicky here?
[/quote]

I was thinking of smelly Melly. :)

[quote]
“Most certainly, Odesseiron,” Viconia murmured, a sly glint in her eyes. Her teeth glinted like pearls against her dark skin as she smirked. “You have, after all, advanced into being female, a vast improvement if you ask me. Doesn’t it feel superb to no longer be a member of the weaker sex?” [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Heheh, I think her comments will actually do 'Dwina some good!
[/quote]

They might. :D

[quote]
[quote]“Right,” Rini agreed. “Let’s go back to the Coronet, and then decide where we go from there.” As they headed off through the streets, she found herself walking next to Viconia and watched the Drow carefully. The priestess looked much as she remembered her, beautiful and alluring, in a commanding way, her long white hair providing a dramatic contrast to her dark skin as the silky strands peeked out under her hood. “So…” she said after a few minutes. “What brings you to Athkatla? I thought you meant to settle down in the Beregost area? And how did you wind up on top of that pyre, if you don’t mind me asking?”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Vic is one of my favourite NPCs...so complex and deep.
[/quote]

Oh, I like her myself. :( Hey, I *am* her, according to popular opinion. :)

[quote]
“Why, yes! Every female should start her collection early, so that she will have ample time to gather a suitable number of strong males. But remember to evaluate his prowess carefully before granting him any privileges, or you may be disappointed.” [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Heheheh, I knew I kept that cupboard space free for a reason...
[/quote]

Just remember to dust them off now and then...

[quote]
“What is it to you, lady mage?” Anomen haughtily stated, taking Rini’s other arm and squashing it against him. “Your agitation grows steadily…methinks you need the calming presence of a husband to soothe your ire. Granted, we will likely have to pay him an enormous dowry first.” [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Oooh, miaow! That is a very nasty thing to say.
[/quote]

It was...and this sort of comment may eventually cause 'Dwina to get *very* nasty.

[quote]
[quote]As she found herself more or less dragged through the streets of Athkatla by the wizard and the cleric, both of them bickering vehemently, Rini turned her head to see Viconia wink at her. “Never mind, abbil,” the Sharran priestess laughed. “You can always run off with me, if you want somebody with sense…”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Nah, Rini would *never* want someone sensible.
[/quote]

Of course not. :D

[quote]
[quote]“Oh yes!” Lord Logum said, sweating profusely. “Of course I will be happy to continue your education, dear girl. It will be my pleasure to make a woman out of you!”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Ergh! I hate that line, as well you know.
[/quote]

So do I. :(

[quote]
[quote]“Oh!” Aerie exclaimed, intensifying the blush.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Controlling your own blush? Neat trick.
[/quote]

Well, some people can control their own heartrates or go into a trance deliberately...

[quote]
“Ah. Yes…yes of course. I need to prove my point after all, and demonstrate my keen and scientific mind’s accomplishment to those who doubted me. Very well. We will start out slowly…I’ll introduce you to the Jysstevs. They don’t live far from here, and the lady Jysstev is always fond of meeting new people. If all goes well, we will scale up from there.” [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Ahh, so these are the new NPCs you mentioned!
[/quote]

Yep. :) And you know who Lady Jysstev knows...

[quote]
[quote]PERHAPS OBLIVION WOULDN’T BE SO BAD – AT LEAST I WOULD NEVER HAVE TO HEAR YOUR ANNOYING VOICE AGAIN. YOU’RE GIVING ME A TERRIBLE HEADACHE, AND I DON’T EVEN HAVE AN ACTUAL HEAD. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD BECOME GODDESS OF IRRITANCY INSTEAD.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Does he deliberately sound like Dekkie?
[/quote]

*smirk* No...but I guess it makes a certain kind of twisted sense.

[quote]
MY DEAR LITTLE PRIESTESS – WOULD YOU HONESTLY EXPECT ME TO TELL YOU IF I WERE? AMUSE YOURSELF WITH YOUR LITTLE GAMES AS YOU WILL. PLAY WITH YOUR FOLLOWERS, AND YOUR ARMIES. IN THE END, YOU WILL FALL. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Interesting...could it be that Bhaal helped Sarevok escape, to help his sister? Better dead than having your power stolen away?
[/quote]

Might be. :D

#13 Laufey

Posted 05 June 2003 - 06:40 PM

[quote]
Warning: Product may contain VEA. Use only as directed and keep out of the reach of children.
[/quote]

[quote]
:lol
[/quote]

LOL! I'll keep it in mind...

[quote]
I loved the contrast between Melissan and Aerie! I also do not enjoy most clerics, they seem a bit on the brainwashed side.
[/quote]

Thank you! :D The priestly temperament doesn't come naturally to me...if there is such a thing. I have to make a certain effort in order to write priests.

[quote]
Edwina preened proudly, puffing herself up so much it seemed she was about to burst. “Naturally, Hellkitten!” she said, toying with her dark hair in what Rini had to admit was a very alluring manner. “I can handle anything the world throws at me, and with ease.” [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
LOL wow I think I would be frightened by Edwina...massive pushed up boobs stuffed in a blood red dress are indimidating. Like time bombs, just waiting to suddenly pop.
[/quote]

LOL! Just wait, and you may see her explode yet...

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Vicky's a smart one.
[/quote]

She is. :)

[quote]
[quote]
Viconia gave him a considering look for a moment, then turned to Zaerini. “The male isn’t entirely displeasing to my eyes, if blunt in manners…I commend you on your taste, abbil.” [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Ano is such a dork...and I love Viconia! She has such a different perspective on things, it's great.
[/quote]

I really love writing her. :D It's a pity I can't make her a permanent party member...but I've got other plans for her.

[quote]
“What is it to you, lady mage?” Anomen haughtily stated, taking Rini’s other arm and squashing it against him. “Your agitation grows steadily…methinks you need the calming presence of a husband to soothe your ire. Granted, we will likely have to pay him an enormous dowry first.” [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Hmmm I'm going to go with devotion. This makes Ano seem very much his age, I wonder if paladins are somewhat like football players nowadays...
[/quote]

LOL! Anomen the Jock! :-) He's not really that stupid...but he *is* immature, at this point of the game.

[quote]
[quote]
“The sun in Murann will tan an even bun!” Aerie said the words clearly, in the sweetest voice she could muster, and then gave lord Logum Eckel a look of radiant pride. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
It took me a sec to realize what the heck she was doing! LOL, this was GREAT!
[/quote]

Thank you! :(

[quote]
PERHAPS OBLIVION WOULDN’T BE SO BAD – AT LEAST I WOULD NEVER HAVE TO HEAR YOUR ANNOYING VOICE AGAIN. YOU’RE GIVING ME A TERRIBLE HEADACHE, AND I DON’T EVEN HAVE AN ACTUAL HEAD. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD BECOME GODDESS OF IRRITANCY INSTEAD. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Oh my gosh!!! LOL!!! I laughed so hard...definitely wasn't expecting a Bhaal like this :)
[/quote]

*grin* I sort of enjoyed telling Melly off like that...I think we'll see more of Daddy Bhaal eventually.

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Can't wait, I love Dekaras! Great chapter, I much enjoyed it![/quote]

Thank you! :(

#14 Guest_Bjorn_*

Posted 05 June 2003 - 09:34 PM

Hmm - Aerie comes into the first category, and Melissan into the second, but I wonder which one Ano belongs in?

Am on a stupidly slow public computer with a sticky keyboard so I won't attempt a long comment, but nice chapter and I'm looking forward to seeing what Dekkie's up to :-)

#15 Laufey

Posted 06 June 2003 - 03:28 AM

Hmm - Aerie comes into the first category, and Melissan into the second, but I wonder which one Ano belongs in?

Ano I think, falls somewhere inbetween...

Am on a stupidly slow public computer with a sticky keyboard so I won't attempt a long comment, but nice chapter and I'm looking forward to seeing what Dekkie's up to :lol:

Thank you! :lol: Dekkie will be along shortly...

#16 Weyoun

Posted 06 June 2003 - 10:29 PM

Even sucking chest wounds? Or dragons sitting on top of you? :)

“My taste?”

LOL! Maybe the Drow see men as trading cards? Trading specimens with their sisters? :)

I'm surprised she hasn't shot him yet. I would have and I'm not evil.. I think. :lol:

And how much she wants you to die. :P

“Of course I was!” the woman screeched, her voice grating like a rusty nail scraping across a blackboard.

The master of that was Quint in Jaws... and even his nails sound better than Mellisan's voice. :)

Goddess of Annoying Wenches Who Should Be Mutes, Oh Please Gods Make Them Mutes? :D

Ooooh, twisty! I always expected to have to fight Bhaal at the end of Tob, but never got to. :)

Like, sooooo, last month!

Great stuff,
---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#17 Laufey

Posted 07 June 2003 - 05:59 AM

Even sucking chest wounds? Or dragons sitting on top of you? :D

Hmmm...interesting thought...

Edwin: Would you *stop* giving her ideas? (Don't I get tormented enough as it is?)

LOL! Maybe the Drow see men as trading cards? Trading specimens with their sisters? :)

LOL! Yes, something like that, I think.

I'm surprised she hasn't shot him yet. I would have and I'm not evil.. I think. :D

She's tempted to...but she knows that she can still use him.

And how much she wants you to die. :)

That too. :)

Goddess of Annoying Wenches Who Should Be Mutes, Oh Please Gods Make Them Mutes? :)

I like the sound of that! :D

Ooooh, twisty! I always expected to have to fight Bhaal at the end of Tob, but never got to. :)

I think I'll try to make Bhaal's presence a little more tangible than it was in the game...

Like, sooooo, last month!

Indeed. :twisted:

#18 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 08 June 2003 - 08:59 PM

True, true... I don't use clerics in my games anymore, only druids... for better or worse they are stuck with their Silvanus, at least no nasty surprises there...

LOL! When you think about it like that... maybe Edwina would like Underdark?

Yup, if the story really went like Vic told it, then those bastards deserved everything she did to them.

LOL, bad, bad, Anomen... first hitting on Vic and now this... pfui!

The urge to kill is rising... rising... rising...

Heh, I know that Lady Jusstev has one very interesting friend... do I begin to see where Aerie's ties are going to spread? Mind flayers?

And that idiot was Melly... for once she is making me feel sorry for poor old Bhaal.

Dekkie is literally married to danger.

#19 Laufey

Posted 08 June 2003 - 09:29 PM

True, true... I don't use clerics in my games anymore, only druids... for better or worse they are stuck with their Silvanus, at least no nasty surprises there...

You don't use clerics at all? Don't you miss the turn undead ability? I love that. Not to mention Sunray, or some of the other cleric spells.

LOL! When you think about it like that... maybe Edwina would like Underdark?

I think she just might. :)

“I had my reasons for leaving, abbil
,”, Viconia said, and for a moment some dark emotion glinted in her eyes. Anger…but more than that. “The climate in Beregost turned out to be less than suitable for skin of my color.”

Yup, if the story really went like Vic told it, then those bastards deserved everything she did to them.

Agreed. :D

LOL, bad, bad, Anomen... first hitting on Vic and now this... pfui!

He's under a bad influence. Me. :P

The urge to kill is rising... rising... rising...

:)

Heh, I know that Lady Jusstev has one very interesting friend... do I begin to see where Aerie's ties are going to spread? Mind flayers?

Very good! :D

Dekkie is literally married to danger.

Oh yes. :P

#20 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 08 June 2003 - 10:11 PM

You don't use clerics at all? Don't you miss the turn undead ability? I love that. Not to mention Sunray, or some of the other cleric spells.

Yup, I don't use clerics.

Turn undead is neat, but only important for the early parts of SoA... and my tactic against the undead is to give one of my fighters (usually Jaheira) the best equipment I have amongst with the amulet of power/ironskins/chaotic commands and improved haste if I have it, while the chosen one safely tanks hordes of vampires, the party supports him/her with ranged fire - just as safe as to turn them...

Liches... well, you can't turn those in SoA because of the low level and how many of them are in ToB... err, not many.

Sunray - Daystar... there are some clerical spells that druids don't get, but truth be told I don't miss any of them - Protection against Evil 10' is the most important, imo, but I can live without that. Sure, clerics are useful, but they are quite easy to replace and live without.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users