Makings of a monster, part 18 (for once

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 04 December 2001 - 06:48 AM

Reiltar is his charming self. Sarevok's status as a working member of the household is unceremoniously established. Jelena and Winski get emotional.

--------------

Reiltar Anchev arrived for breakfast, excited. He nodded at the yawning Winski, and Jelena, and was annoyed to notice that Sarevok was nowhere to be seen. He expected punctuality when it came to dining schedules. It showed that the household was orderly run. He motioned Winski to him and talked in a low voice.

- "How did it go, Winski?"

- "Sarevok was wounded, but he'll recover. Jelena tended to the wound."

- "Oh. I mean, did you get the documents?"

- "Yes, we got the documents. Had to kill the guards, though, and mess the place up to make it look like a burglary gone wrong. Allonia's got the stuff."

- "Excellent! How did Sarevok do?"

- "He was very brave and useful, if a bit foolhardy. I still think he's young for a thing like that. It can be confusing to his psyche as well, to do that sort of thing when still a child."

- "He has made himself useful, as was expected. That is good. And the wound? Will it hinder him?"

- "Not for long. I suggest no arms training in a week, although he won't like that."

Reiltar nodded, anxious to get to the Throne and the loot. As Sarevok still hadn't showed up, he yelled into the doorway.

- "Sarevok! Unless you want to earn a good strapping you will be here within a minute. If I have to come to get you, you'll sleep on your stomach for weeks!"

Winski inhaled sharply and clenched his fists. Jelena's face twitched in repulsion and anger. She worked her expression into the customary meek one and faced her husband.

- "We thought to let him sleep late, Reiltar. He was up a better part of the night and was quite exhausted," she explained in a soft voice betraying no aggression.

- "That what the two of you thought, huh?" sneered Reiltar. "Well, I'm often exhausted too working for all of you, and do I linger in the bed after breakfast time? I don't think so. So go wake him and tell him to get his ass here as soon as bloody possible."

As Jelena went to wake the boy, Winski worked his voice as level and unemotional and possible.

- "Really, Reiltar. Don't overdo the praise. Might spoil the kid, give him the wrong idea. After all, he's only just put his life in a line to get those documents for you, and been wounded in the process. Not to mention being up well after children's bed time."

- "As it should be. I take risks, and so should my son. And Winski... I really don't care much for your sarcasm," he answered, shooting the magician a very nasty sideway glance.

- "That is not obligatory. However, this would be a very good time to care even a little for Sarevok. Might strengthen your father-son relationship mightily." Reiltar snorted, and Winski mentally slapped himself for the last part. Annoying Reiltar because of his own repulsion and frustration would only cost Sarevok, and make the man even less likely to treat his son better.

Sarevok arrived, his eyes puffy and movements fuzzy, yawning. He looked so small and puzzled with his arm bandaged. This is the same little laughing, dancing and death-dealing demon I witnessed last night, marveled Winski.

- "Morning, father," mumbled the boy.

- "Morning, son. Seems that you are late because of the mistaken idea of these two, so we'll let that slide. I heard you did well. Continue to do so, and I'll be satisfied," said Reiltar in his firm, authoritarian voice.

Does it really hurt that much to say thank you, or give explicit praise, thought Winski wearily. How ironic that a man should feel powerful, like a king of his own empire, by menacing a traumatized child and a gentle, mistreated woman slapped out of her wits. Perhaps Reiltar is right, though? Perhaps I AM getting soft to think so. No matter. Before there was only gray emptiness inside of me, the intellectual stimulation of being a magician, and working on theories and philosophies. Now I feel powerful emotions, and a purpose. In a sense I live more than ever before. If this is soft, then so be it.

- "Thank you, father," answered Sarevok solemnly to Reiltar's idea of praise. He started to nib on his breakfast, trying to keep his eyes open.

- "I guess you won't join the arms training today. Of course, you'll study with Winski instead," said Reiltar. "Just because you do some work now, you can't take time off and neglect your duties."

He gulped down his tea and left, leaving the others quietly waiting for the slam of the door.

- "Damn him, the b..." exclaimed Jelena as soon as Reiltar was gone, stopping mid-expletive and looking exhilarated and horrified at the same time.

- "Yes. The bastard. That's what he is, and that's what he should be called." Winski looked straight into the sky blue eyes, which seemed to have got a spark of a new fire into them.

- "I wouldn't dare..." answered Jelena in shame.

- "Neither would I, if he hit me like he does hit you, and could get away with it," answered Winski gravely.

- "You think we could put Sarevok back in bed?" asked Jelena, her eyes glinting mischievously.

- "Definitely. Reiltar won't be back until much later."

They took the dizzy child back in the bed and tucked him gently in, and as expected he fell back asleep in seconds. They remembered the moment they had shared at the same spot a night before, and smiled awkwardly at each other.

- "I heard you tell Reiltar off. Thank you," said Jelena.

- "No. It wasn't wise of me. He'll only take it out on Sarevok sooner or later." Winski shook his head.

- "I guess," sighed Jelena. "Um... about the last night. We... shared some closeness and... so that you wouldn't get the wrong idea. I'm a married woman, after all." She blushed.

- "Quite. Right," stammered Winski, feeling dreadfully out of his depth. "It is the boy. Yes. We both care for him and that made an error in judgement. An emotional moment."

They looked at each other, much too close for feeling comfortable. Suddenly Winski buried his face into Jelena's hair again, and held her feminine, round, soft shoulders. Jelena couldn't help hugging back. She craved the gentle and caring touch of a man's arms around him, her own arms around his back, someone holding her as if she was dear and precious. She enjoyed the moment, willing the idea of implications away.

The two retreated from each others, faces red. Winski hurried into his laboratory, and the puzzled Jelena started to clear the kitchen.

#2 Arcalian

Posted 04 December 2001 - 05:31 PM

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#3 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 04 December 2001 - 05:44 PM

> AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Awww, but mucho dangerous. That sort of thing can cause trouble even if you are not married to a sadistic, even murderous, bastard and fostering an emotionally disturbed, genius-level intelligent child with blood of a dead god of murder in his veins.

#4 Laufey

Posted 04 December 2001 - 06:02 PM

> - "How did it go, Winski?"

> - "Sarevok was wounded, but he'll recover. Jelena tended to the

> wound."

> - "Oh. I mean, did you get the documents?"

*His* priorities are easily spotted... The creep.

> As Jelena went to wake the boy, Winski worked his voice as level and

> unemotional and possible.

> - "Really, Reiltar. Don't overdo the praise. Might spoil the kid,

> give him the wrong idea. After all, he's only just put his life in a line

> to get those documents for you, and been wounded in the process. Not to

> mention being up well after children's bed time."

> - "As it should be. I take risks, and so should my son. And Winski...

> I really don't care much for your sarcasm," he answered, shooting the

> magician a very nasty sideway glance.

Vadrak Dekaras: Sarcasm can be a very useful outlet for frustration. I sympathize with Mr Perorate's problems. Fortunately my own employer is much more...malleable.

> Sarevok arrived, his eyes puffy and movements fuzzy, yawning. He looked so

> small and puzzled with his arm bandaged. This is the same little laughing,

> dancing and death-dealing demon I witnessed last night, marveled Winski.

Awww...

Perhaps I AM getting soft to think so. No matter. Before there was

> only gray emptiness inside of me, the intellectual stimulation of being a

> magician, and working on theories and philosophies. Now I feel powerful

> emotions, and a purpose. In a sense I live more than ever before. If this

> is soft, then so be it.

That is really rather sweet. :)

> - "I guess," sighed Jelena. "Um... about the last night.

> We... shared some closeness and... so that you wouldn't get the wrong

> idea. I'm a married woman, after all." She blushed.

> - "Quite. Right," stammered Winski, feeling dreadfully out of

> his depth. "It is the boy. Yes. We both care for him and that made an

> error in judgement. An emotional moment."

> They looked at each other, much too close for feeling comfortable.

> Suddenly Winski buried his face into Jelena's hair again, and held her

> feminine, round, soft shoulders. Jelena couldn't help hugging back. She

> craved the gentle and caring touch of a man's arms around him, her own

> arms around his back, someone holding her as if she was dear and precious.

> She enjoyed the moment, willing the idea of implications away.

> The two retreated from each others, faces red. Winski hurried into his

> laboratory, and the puzzled Jelena started to clear the kitchen.

Another big AWWW... Such a shame they're doomed... :)

Rogues do it from behind.

#5 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 04 December 2001 - 06:25 PM

> *His* priorities are easily spotted... The creep.

I think his kind is simply incapable of feeling affection. He simply sees Sarevok and Jelena as tools or property. If Sarevok was killed, he'd be pissed that it would take a while to find a new fosterkid with as much talent, but that would be it.

> Vadrak Dekaras: Sarcasm can be a very useful outlet for frustration. I

> sympathize with Mr Perorate's problems. Fortunately my own employer is

> much more...malleable.

I think the other one of them doesn't notice sarcasm, and the other approves :) And if I was Winski, I couldn't shut up either, probably.

> Another big AWWW... Such a shame they're doomed... :)

I'm feeling an urge to write this into an "alternative universe" story where Reiltar dies painfully and the other three live happily ever after as a family. Not really... that would be sappy to say the least. And this was meant to be a tragic and dark story from the beginning (what else COULD it be).

But it is getting more and more even physically painful for me to write it ;)

#6 Weyoun

Posted 04 December 2001 - 07:44 PM

> Reiltar is his charming self.

Grrrrr... *starts sharpening bajonet* Lemme at him! I'll roast him with my flamethrower and finish him of with some shots from my luger!!!

Ermmmm, sorry about that... I just got Return to Castle Wolfenstein today, and I'm getting rather into it...

> Reiltar nodded, anxious to get to the Throne and the loot. As Sarevok

> still hadn't showed up, he yelled into the doorway.

> - "Sarevok! Unless you want to earn a good strapping you will be here

> within a minute. If I have to come to get you, you'll sleep on your

> stomach for weeks!"

Someone ought to give Reiltar the strap... See how HE likes it! *evil grin*

> - "Really, Reiltar. Don't overdo the praise. Might spoil the kid,

> give him the wrong idea. After all, he's only just put his life in a line

> to get those documents for you, and been wounded in the process. Not to

> mention being up well after children's bed time."

LOL! Long live sarcastic remarks!

> - "Damn him, the b..." exclaimed Jelena as soon as Reiltar was

> gone, stopping mid-expletive and looking exhilarated and horrified at the

> same time.

> - "Yes. The bastard. That's what he is, and that's what he should be

> called." Winski looked straight into the sky blue eyes, which seemed

> to have got a spark of a new fire into them.

> - "I wouldn't dare..." answered Jelena in shame.

> - "Neither would I, if he hit me like he does hit you, and could get

> away with it," answered Winski gravely.

Poor Jelena... Heh, methinks that if Reiltar were to hit Winski, Winski would use a chain-contigency spell to send seven exploding, and expanding fireballs right down Reiltar's throat... :)

> They looked at each other, much too close for feeling comfortable.

> Suddenly Winski buried his face into Jelena's hair again, and held her

> feminine, round, soft shoulders. Jelena couldn't help hugging back. She

> craved the gentle and caring touch of a man's arms around him, her own

> arms around his back, someone holding her as if she was dear and precious.

> She enjoyed the moment, willing the idea of implications away.

> The two retreated from each others, faces red. Winski hurried into his

> laboratory, and the puzzled Jelena started to clear the kitchen.

Awww... very sweet scene... More story soon?

---Weyoun

TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#7 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 04 December 2001 - 08:55 PM

> Grrrrr... *starts sharpening bajonet* Lemme at him! I'll roast him with my

> flamethrower and finish him of with some shots from my luger!!!

That sounds intriguing... is the Castle Wolfenstein a WWII game or something? Fictional violence CAN relieve stress, I believe.

> Someone ought to give Reiltar the strap... See how HE likes it! *evil

> grin*

Someone ought to give him worse than that...

I'll share an extremely embarrassing memory with you. When I was 16, my friend had a stepfather just like Reiltar, with the added bonus that he abused her sexually also. In my great maturity, I got drunk one night and called they guy, telling him what exactly I thought of him, remembering to taunt him about his loser status in life.

He threw a violent fit, and next day called my mother, throwing another one. She was angry to me, and I defended myself by pointing out what a bastard the guy was. And mother told me that what I accomplished was probably that the guy vented his anger on the poor girl. Let's say that I consider it a lesson.

> LOL! Long live sarcastic remarks!

Winski isn't that good in shutting up :)

> Poor Jelena... Heh, methinks that if Reiltar were to hit Winski, Winski

> would use a chain-contigency spell to send seven exploding, and expanding

> fireballs right down Reiltar's throat... :)

He would at that. Though Reiltar wouldn't try that: he knows that Winski is not powerless against him.

> Awww... very sweet scene... More story soon?

Probably so. I have a two week's sick leave because of my fertility treatment, which makes me nauseous all the time.

> ---Weyoun

#8 Arcalian

Posted 05 December 2001 - 05:10 AM

> I'll share an extremely embarrassing memory with you. When I was 16, my

> friend had a stepfather just like Reiltar, with the added bonus that he

> abused her sexually also. In my great maturity, I got drunk one night and

> called they guy, telling him what exactly I thought of him, remembering to

> taunt him about his loser status in life.

> He threw a violent fit, and next day called my mother, throwing another

> one. She was angry to me, and I defended myself by pointing out what a

> bastard the guy was. And mother told me that what I accomplished was

> probably that the guy vented his anger on the poor girl. Let's say that I

> consider it a lesson.

I suddenly, and completely unwittingly visualize on charging into this guy's living room, shoulder charging him, knocking him to the floor, and screaming in his face "Come on you bastard! You and me, right now!!"

These kinds of men only understand their own "language."

The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#9 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 05 December 2001 - 08:16 AM

> I suddenly, and completely unwittingly visualize on charging into this

> guy's living room, shoulder charging him, knocking him to the floor, and

> screaming in his face "Come on you bastard! You and me, right

> now!!"

At the time I considered something like that. However, he was a big, burly, violent and ruthless man, and I was 16-years old girl. All the things going for me were surprise and my fury (which probably would be matched by his).

So I would have had to kill him with a knife or a firearm (any scenario aimed to teaching him a lesson and leaving him alive would probably go awry), and then it would be my life in sewer. On the other hand, as a minor and first-timer I would be a free woman already, but I don't think one can take prison for 6 years or so and stay intact.

The friend wasn't even THAT close to me, I liked her and all, but she was more like a friend of a friend. It is just that I can't STAND those kind of people, and personally seeing the results of their evil pleasures made me want to do something about it.

> These kinds of men only understand their own "language."

Yep.

#10 Arcalian

Posted 05 December 2001 - 05:02 PM

> At the time I considered something like that. However, he was a big,

> burly, violent and ruthless man, and I was 16-years old girl. All the

> things going for me were surprise and my fury (which probably would be

> matched by his).

Oh, I know. I'm saying, thats what *I* feel like doing.

I have never been abused. By *my* father was by *his* father, when drunk. Fortunately he and his wife split when dad was young. (I had the great fortune of never having to meet this bastard). But the anger was handed down, and on my mother's side too, by a grandmother who's rage was, and is, directed instead against strangers (one time, when she was a young woman, she didnt get going from a traffic light fast enough, and the guy behind her honked his horn. She got out of the car, walked back, and punched him in the face). So that anger boils within, waiting for a worthy target. Like Reiltar. Like your poor friend's dad.

All of this stuff seems to be based on real life experiences. Art imitiates life. *thin humorless smile*

#11 Guest_Oyster Girl_*

Posted 05 December 2001 - 06:06 PM

> All of this stuff seems to be based on real life experiences. Art

> imitiates life. *thin humorless smile*

The difference between fiction and life is that fiction has to make sense, has to have a visible cause-and-effect pattern.

Humans have to have patterns. If there's not one, we'll invent it.

City of Sorrows

#12 Weyoun

Posted 05 December 2001 - 07:38 PM

> That sounds intriguing... is the Castle Wolfenstein a WWII game or

> something? Fictional violence CAN relieve stress, I believe.

Yep... Well, actually it's more than WW2... It's a remake of ID software's Wolfenstein 3D, which was the predecessor of a little game called DOOM. (Hands up anyone who still remembers DOOM!) The player plays the role of an allied commando sent in to investigate a series of 'scientific' experiments being conducted in a medieval castle which one belonged to an unholy lord (so there's also plenty of fantasy involved) utilizing magic and the bodies of the dead in a project which was directly autorized by Heinrich Himmler... So there's plenty of Undead-hunting, as well as the Nazi and Genetic hybird hunting... It's a really cool and atmospheric game...

And there's nothing more fun than moving down Nazi's with a machinegun... :)

> Someone ought to give him worse than that...

> I'll share an extremely embarrassing memory with you. When I was 16, my

> friend had a stepfather just like Reiltar, with the added bonus that he

> abused her sexually also. In my great maturity, I got drunk one night and

> called they guy, telling him what exactly I thought of him, remembering to

> taunt him about his loser status in life.

> He threw a violent fit, and next day called my mother, throwing another

> one. She was angry to me, and I defended myself by pointing out what a

> bastard the guy was. And mother told me that what I accomplished was

> probably that the guy vented his anger on the poor girl. Let's say that I

> consider it a lesson.

Still, your intentions were good... and I hate people like that with a passion as well... Hmmm, let's hope something runs over that guy : preferably a steamroller...

> Probably so. I have a two week's sick leave because of my fertility

> treatment, which makes me nauseous all the time.

Ah! I see. I wish you the very best of luck and am keeping my fingers crossed! I hope the treatment works...

---Weyoun

TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#13 Guest_Mutant Mike_*

Posted 05 December 2001 - 11:49 PM

> Humans have to have patterns. If there's not one, we'll invent it.

OK, who's idea was plaid? And what chemical influence were they under? :)

#14 Guest_Oyster Girl_*

Posted 06 December 2001 - 01:55 AM

> OK, who's idea was plaid?

Scots, of course.

> And what chemical influence were they under? :)

These are the people who invented haggis. What sort of chemical influences would you expect?

City of Sorrows

#15 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 06 December 2001 - 02:00 AM

> Oh, I know. I'm saying, thats what *I* feel like doing.

Yeah. I'm a bit ashamed that I didn't kill him. I just didn't want to go to prison for 6-10 years (a sentence for a manslaughter when you use a weapon, and in my case a strong elemet of predetermination, mightily unfair because of: man always beats his wife -> one time beats her too much -> oh shit, an unplanned accident -> 1,5 years in prison/ wife gets beaten by her husband for years and years -> finally has had enough and stabs him dead -> manslaughter with a weapon -> 6 years in prison.

> I have never been abused.

Me neither, aside from being spanked once. Didn't work well and my parents never tried that again.

> So that anger boils within, waiting for a worthy

> target. Like Reiltar. Like your poor friend's dad.

Do tell. I have flown in Sarry-like murderous rage in a few instances. It works. I've decided that if it's for protecting my loved ones it's killing or hurting anyone. Fortunately haven't had to do that yet.

> All of this stuff seems to be based on real life experiences. Art

> imitiates life. *thin humorless smile*

I'm pouring an abundance of my issues in my Sarry story, I know that much. I wish it wasn't so. But I guess there is no being cool and detached, and a writer, at a same time.

#16 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 06 December 2001 - 02:10 AM

> Still, your intentions were good...

Doesn't count for shit in my books, though. Had i shut up, she'd had one beating/rape less. And I dont' know about good, either. I hated him, and my ability to think long-term was diminished by alcohol so I wanted to relieve my smoulering hatred by doing something, and hopefully hurting him. Selfish if you ask me.

and I hate people like that with a

> passion as well... Hmmm, let's hope something runs over that guy :

> preferably a steamroller...

It is the very least possible that he's dead of booze by now. Hope it was slow and painful.

> Ah! I see. I wish you the very best of luck and am keeping my fingers

> crossed! I hope the treatment works...

Thanks! Hopefully so! If it doesn't work, I think I'd like to adopt lil' Sarry instead.

> ---Weyoun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com