Photo

Loyality? OT?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Requiem

Posted 11 March 2001 - 08:56 PM

"Which is Your favourite color?"

"Why do I get the feeling, that You wont like it, whatever I'll answer." Requiem looked directly into the eyes of the man, who had wanted to meet with her. She didn't like what she saw. This man was supposed to be a harper? From all she had seen from Jaheira and Khalid, she had expected someone more...more honest. This man was avoiding her gaze, never a good sign. Additonally those harpers, who were with him, were armed to the teeth.

"You're quite uncooperative, well that's exactly, what I'd expected from a foul being like You. Seems it is my duty to..."

"Enough of that!"

Requiem turned her head a bit, without loosing sight of those harpers in front of her. And faced Jaheira, who seemed to try hard, not to stomp forward to slap the man.

"What is this all about? The child is completely right, You're using each of her words against her! What do You plan with her?"

"Easy, I'll imprison her, a very useful spell, as You might know, she wont be any danger no more, and this world will be a much safer place." the man smiled and took a rune out of one of his pockets. The rune was ornated with a skeleton, in a cage. In it's bony fingers it was holding a lyra, looking a lot like the one Requiem was holding in her hands.

"And as the man, who caught a Bhaalspawn alive, You'll be rewarded, right? Maybe by making You the leader of more than just this single stronghold?"

"It would be a wise decision to step aside Jaheira, You know as one of us, You can't do anything different."

"I'm sorry to interrupt the two of You, but maybe this guy is right in one point, You might want to step aside Jaheira, I wont allow him to ban me to any sort of stupid prison, magical or not."

"You really want to fight alone against all of us? Well a dead Bhaalspawn isn't as good as an imprisoned one, but it will do." the man taunted.

"No! Don't worry child, this is not what harpers are supposed to do, he just betrayed anything Khalid and I were believing in. And whoever is helping him to fullfill his selfish goals, isn't better than him,... and maybe I learned something, while travelling with You. I'll fight on Your side."

The harpers were drawing weapons and Jaheira and Requiem were doing the same.

The harper-leader swallowed dryly, and reached for spellcomponents in his beltpouch. Somehow the rune of imprisonment slipped out of his fingers, it fell and finally splintered into thousands of pieces, when it hit the floor...

#2 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 12 March 2001 - 03:23 AM

> "Which is Your favourite color?"

Red, of course.

> The harpers were drawing weapons and Jaheira and Requiem were doing the

> same.

I have dealt with many a Harper and have never had a single good experience. Well, except for the times I got Khalid drunk and he told me of all the naughtiness that Jaheira was capable of. I am sure Arelius has also picked up a drinking habit as well.

One thing that does surprise me is the lack of organizations that attempt to steal the Bhaalspawn in one form or another. Why just the Harpers I ask? I can think of many organizations that would be excited at the prospect of capturing and then either selling or using a Bhaal child. The Zhentarim...perhaps even the Iron Throne. The Throne is a huge conglomerate of mercantile factions. No doubt a Bhaalspawn trade, perhaps with slaver organizations such as the Xanathar or the Iron Ring would make for a most profitable venture for even the lowliest of merchants. Capturing a Bhaalspawn may be difficult but should not be something of great difficulty for some of these highly-structured societal empires.

Dr. Edwin Odesseiron, M.D.

General Psychiatry

Addictive Disorders

-------------------

"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."

- Joseph Stalin

Pentium 4 - 1.5Ghz @ 1.76Ghz, ASUS P4T 850 mobo, 1024 megs RDRAM mem, nvidia GeForce2 Ultra, Intel Cable modem, Creative SB Live Platinum, IBM 75GXP 80gig, Pioneer 20X DVD-ROM

You all need help

#3 Guest_Dorotea_*

Posted 12 March 2001 - 03:33 AM

> No doubt a Bhaalspawn trade, perhaps

> with slaver organizations such as the Xanathar or the Iron Ring would make

> for a most profitable venture for even the lowliest of merchants.

> Capturing a Bhaalspawn may be difficult but should not be something of

> great difficulty for some of these highly-structured societal empires.

I can see them packaged nicely in plastic bags and shipped via Shadow Thieves Express to the address that customer specified in the request.

Really Eddy ! You should stop testing these drugs on yourself!

#4 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 12 March 2001 - 04:04 AM

Do not tell me that a number of organizations would not pay handsomely for Bhaalspawn. You may not like to think about it but the slave trade is far more than just a few thugs standing around by the Copper Coronet.

How many slaves would the Xanathar trade for a Bhaalspawn? 100? 200? 2000? One could make a tidy profit by trading in a Bhaalspawn for a good number of slaves, then selling them at an even higher profit to a potential buyer, whether it be a noble, castle or simply fodder for the gladiatorial pits, used as entertainment for the crowd and lunch for the beasts.

General Psychiatry

Addictive Disorders

-------------------

- Joseph Stalin

Pentium 4 - 1.5Ghz @ 1.76Ghz, ASUS P4T 850 mobo, 1024 megs RDRAM mem, nvidia GeForce2 Ultra, Intel Cable modem, Creative SB Live Platinum, IBM 75GXP 80gig, Pioneer 20X DVD-ROM

You all need help

#5 Guest_Silrana_*

Posted 12 March 2001 - 04:33 AM

> Do not tell me that a number of organizations would not pay handsomely for

> Bhaalspawn. You may not like to think about it but the slave trade is far

> more than just a few thugs standing around by the Copper Coronet.

Actually, Edwin, I think you have an excellent point. Who knows, perhaps that has been the fate of some Bhaalspawn. I suppose one reason it would not be a large trade is that by the time one is identified, they have probably become powerful. And since we do not know how many there are, slavers might not think it a wise use of resources to hunt such a scarce supply. Then throw in the fear of being sold a fake - Imoen hasn't manifested any signs, so how would a buyer know if she was the genuine article? Heck, even we question it. But I do agree that a Bhaalspawn slave would be a very valuable commodity.

#6 Requiem

Posted 12 March 2001 - 11:08 AM

> Actually, Edwin, I think you have an excellent point. Who knows, perhaps

> that has been the fate of some Bhaalspawn. I suppose one reason it would

> not be a large trade is that by the time one is identified, they have

> probably become powerful. And since we do not know how many there are,

> slavers might not think it a wise use of resources to hunt such a scarce

> supply. Then throw in the fear of being sold a fake - Imoen hasn't

> manifested any signs, so how would a buyer know if she was the genuine

> article? Heck, even we question it. But I do agree that a Bhaalspawn slave

> would be a very valuable commodity.

Another thing could be, that some Bhaalspawn might belong to those groups of their own free will. Like Sarevok, who was a member of the Iron Throne. So there might be no direct reason to force an uncooperative Bhaalspawn to work for You, when You can pay one as well, which wont try to bash in Your head, at the next opportunity. And when one organisation has a Bhaalspawn in it's ranks, it's unlikely that they'll want to hire or catch another, as the sibling-rivaly could very well end in a major bloodbath. A last thing might be, that the case of Sarevok showed, that Bhaalspawn tend to cook their own little soup, which might be unhealthy as well.

#7 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 12 March 2001 - 11:50 PM

> Another thing could be, that some Bhaalspawn might belong to those groups

> of their own free will.

Well there cannot be any Bhaalspawn in the Harpers. The Harpers are run by monkeys.

General Psychiatry

Addictive Disorders

-------------------

- Joseph Stalin

You all need help

#8 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 13 March 2001 - 01:02 AM

> Well there cannot be any Bhaalspawn in the Harpers. The Harpers are run by

> monkeys.

Ah, but the universal rule according to Edwin is that everyone is a monkey. Therefore, BS must be monkeys as well, and thus are compatable with Harpers. (Heh, I love simple logic :)

#9 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 13 March 2001 - 01:30 AM

> Ah, but the universal rule according to Edwin is that everyone is a

> monkey.

No, there are many things other than monkeys, such as:

Chimps

Apes

Gorillas

Yeti

Bananas

Don Knotts

You all need help