An Exclusive Interview with Aerie!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 01:42 AM

If you haven't read my "Exclusive Interview with Nalia" yet, read that one first. It's just a few posts below this one.

WARNING: This program contains strong language which may not be suitable for younger audiences. Viewer discretion is advised.

RYAN: Welcome, everyone, to another exclusive NPC interview here at the Attic. Shortly after my last interview with Nalia I received a phone call from Aerie's agent saying that she wanted to set up an interview as well. Apparently, she feels like she needs to set the record straight on a few issues. So, without further adieu, please welcome...Aerie.

AERIE: Yo.

RYAN: Thanks for joining us today, Aerie. I'm glad you could be here.

AERIE: Well, it's not like I had much of a f****** choice after what that little b**** Nalia said about me last week.

RYAN: Whoa! Easy there, Aerie. This is supposed to be a family-oriented show.

AERIE: Oh, like I f****** care! You'll let that prissy little s*** come on here and say whatever she wants about me, but when I try to f****** tell it like it is you tell me that I have to “watch it?!”

RYAN: Don't worry, Aerie. I'm going to give you equal time to say what you have to say.

AERIE: Oh, as if! I know what you're all about, Ryan. You and your little mage/thief fetish!

RYAN: Huh?!

AERIE: It's all starting to fall into place now. You go writing all these stories about Imoen, then you have an interview with Nalia. During the game, you always gave Imoen all the best equipment: Celestial Fury, the Girdle of Hill Giant Strength, the Robe of Vecna, the Tasheron Bow. And what the f*** did I get?! A sling, +1. A F****** SLING, +1!!!

RYAN: Of course I gave you a sling, you're a cleric...

AERIE: OH! OH! So, that's it, then! You've got it out for clerics, don't you? This whole “interview” show of yours is just a front to promote your extremist, anti-cleric views!

RYAN: Aerie, I also gave you the Staff of the Magi...

AERIE: Oh, yes! The staff with the permanent invisibility effect. What better way to suppress the cleric then by keeping her hidden! A vain and futile little attempt on your part to keep the general public blinded to the pain and torment the clerical people are subjected to!

RYAN: Aerie, that's ridiculous. I believe that clerics are an essential part of any balanced adventuring party.

AERIE: Oh, sure. You'll say that now that we're live on the air so you can cover up your little operation here. So, how deep does this go? Is Leo Korogodski in on this too?

RYAN: Hey, come on. Leave Leo out of this.

AERIE: A-ha! He is in on this! I bet he's the whole mastermind behind this little operation, isn't he? You're just one of his stooges, set up to take the fall if need be. This whole “Attic” thing is dirty to the core! You're all a bunch of f****** hypocrites here! You post your crappy little stories under the guise of free speech when in actuality you're just using the Attic as a vehicle to promote your extremist views!

RYAN: Uh...

AERIE: More big government propaganda set up by “the man” to force people into blind conformance with your totalitarian, New World Order ideals! Well, you can't hide the truth from the people forever! I'm going to blow the cover off your little operation here and expose you for what you really are!

RYAN: Nalia was right, you're certainly whacked out on something.

AERIE: Oh, yeah?! Well you and Nalia can just kiss my little white elfin a**!

RYAN: Ooookaaaay..... I think it's about time we ended this fiasco. Until next time, this is Ryan Brady wishing everyone farewell and goodnight.

AERIE: FIGHT THE POWER!!!

#2 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 01:55 AM

> AERIE: Oh, yeah?! Well you and Nalia can just kiss my little white elfin

> a**!

You know, if Aerie had really acted like this, I think I would have liked her much better than the snivelling little passive-agressive perpetual victim that we travelled with. By the time we got to Suldanesslar, I was ready to kill her the next time she complained about how much her feet hurt.

And yeah, I know she co-officiated at my wedding. Believe me, that wasn't my idea.

S*

#3 Guest_Silrana_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 01:55 AM

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! Sounds like Aerie's been hanging out with Al Sharpton too much. Oh, heavens that was funny. But Aerie is so skinny anyway, how would you tell if she was a druggee? Meek little Aerie as a militant, that was inspired!

#4 Guest_Oyster Girl_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 02:01 AM

*howl*

> During the

> game, you always gave Imoen all the best equipment: Celestial Fury, the

> Girdle of Hill Giant Strength, the Robe of Vecna, the Tasheron Bow.

Did you really give her the Girdle?

Did Bioware screw up that badly?

> AERIE: OH! OH! So, that's it, then! You've got it out for clerics, don't

> you? This whole “interview” show of yours is just a front to promote your

> extremist, anti-cleric views!

Has anyone else noticed that all of the love interests are clerics?

> AERIE: FIGHT THE POWER!!!

Channelling a little too much of Nalia's on-screen persona here, aren't we dear?

#5 Guest_Arelius_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 02:36 AM

> If you haven't read my "Exclusive Interview with Nalia" yet,

> read that one first. It's just a few posts below this one.

> **************************************************

> WARNING: This program contains strong language which may not be suitable

> for younger audiences. Viewer discretion is advised.

> **************************************************

That was f****** excellent! Just one thing, she probably needs to shave her head, and tattoe a little more of her body than just her head, or is there some hidden meaning behind the one on her forhead. It is a little cooler than the bullseye on Minsc's though. Who though of that.

#6 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 03:35 AM

> Did you really give her the Girdle?

By the end of the game I had five strength enhancing items (three different giant strength girdles, gauntlets of ogre power, and Crom Fayer). Anomen got Crom Fayer, Jaheira got the gauntlets, Minsc got one girdle, my paladin got the second. The last one could either go to Imoen or Aerie. I thought Imoen was better with the Celestial Fury +3 than Aerie was with the Staff of the Magi +1, so she got the final girdle. With the right spells and equipment I could get her down to something like -8 AC, -3 THACO, 140 HP, and 2 attacks/round for short periods of time when we got caught up in heavy melees against magic resistant enemies or creatures with very low saving throws (basically, all of chapter 7). I'd rather have her layin' the smack down with the rest of us than standing around waiting for some weaker opponents to cast her spells at.

> Has anyone else noticed that all of the love interests are clerics?

I have and I'm curious if it will have any significance in any future BG products. Although, technically, all the love interests are PRIESTS. Jaheira is a druid.

> Channelling a little too much of Nalia's on-screen persona here, aren't we

> dear?

I think that would be a little extreme even for Nalia.

#7 Guest_Oyster Girl_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 01:18 PM

*blushing furiously* Just checked the books, and anyone other than a mage can use the Girdles and Gauntlets. I could have sworn they were restricted to fighters.

> By the end of the game I had five strength enhancing items (three

> different giant strength girdles, gauntlets of ogre power, and Crom

> Fayer).

Crom Faeyr, and the Gauntlets?

No, I'm not going to ask how you did that.

> I have and I'm curious if it will have any significance in any future BG

> products. Although, technically, all the love interests are PRIESTS.

> Jaheira is a druid.

That's my 1E background showing. Druids were a subclass of clerics, not a class unto themselves. "Priest" was a title given to clerics of a certain level.

> I think that would be a little extreme even for Nalia.

But not for one of the guests at her father's funeral. :)

#8 Daedalus

Posted 05 February 2001 - 01:53 PM

And not one of 'em was a specialty priest! I am vary™, vary™ displeased!

And I want my Specialty Priest of [*****] instead of [*****] right now! (Ok, I don't want to start a Spec. Priest debate.) *grumble* *grumble*

Ðãêdãlüš

-------------------

"To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer"

P3 700E @ 1001Mhz, ASUS CUSL2 i815E mobo, 128 megs Crucial/Micron CAS2 mem, nvidia GeForce2, Diamond 56K v90 modem, Creative SB Live, IBM 75GXP 30gig, Pioneer 16X DVD-ROM

#9 Daedalus

Posted 05 February 2001 - 02:02 PM

> AERIE: FIGHT THE POWER!!!

I'm w/ you Aerie! Fight the Power!

Viva le Resistance!

Down with The Man:

#10 Guest_Oyster Girl_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 02:19 PM

> And not one of 'em was a specialty priest! I am vary™, vary™ displeased!

I've always thought Anomen would have been happier, originally, as a specialty priest of Helm, but then he wouldn't have been able to get his attitude adjustment.

But don't you just know he's envious of the SPs and that Seeking Sword spell?

#11 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 02:41 PM

> *blushing furiously* Just checked the books, and anyone other than a mage

> can use the Girdles and Gauntlets. I could have sworn they were restricted

> to fighters.

I think they were in BG1.

> Crom Faeyr, and the Gauntlets?

Now I'm the one who's blushing furiously. Jaheira had the gauntlets until I made Crom Fayer. I'll have to go check my final save; I could have sworn everyone but Aerie had 19+ strength.

> No, I'm not going to ask how you did that.

Don't worry, I'm not one of those CLUA:Console or import/export types.

#12 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 02:44 PM

*grumble* Yeah, they made it that way so it would be tougher to fight Bodhi, imho. Doesn't matter much, though, cuz you have the Supergroup backing you up anyway, and even when the others leave, Drizzt himself could still count for a Super-whatever. I should have let Bodhi kill him too. Teach that boy a thing or two.

#13 Guest_Oyster Girl_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 03:15 PM

> *grumble* Yeah, they made it that way so it would be tougher to fight

> Bodhi, imho.

Yep, gotta agree. Which may explain why we're short on male companionship.

> Doesn't matter much, though, cuz you have the Supergroup

> backing you up anyway, and even when the others leave, Drizzt himself

> could still count for a Super-whatever. I should have let Bodhi kill him

> too. Teach that boy a thing or two.

Heh. He kept insisting on heading out instead of staying with the group, and nearly got caught in a couple of spells. I was Not Amused.

#14 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 03:23 PM

> Heh. He kept insisting on heading out instead of staying with the group,

> and nearly got caught in a couple of spells. I was Not Amused.

Caught? Gee, what a coincidence... ah, I mean, I know. Most of the trouble with him was that Jaheira kept getting charmed by the vampires, and then the idiot would go and attack her while I tried to cast Charm or Dispell or whatever to get her back. Once he did kill her, and she was the only one with Fire Elemental, which I needed. So what did I do? Slayerized, of course. I lost the whole party to him but it was worth it in the end. I felt so evil. Then I reloaded. Damn drow. :) At least he didn't get to kill Anomen in the end. Imoen did that.

#15 Guest_Oyster Girl_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 03:36 PM

> Caught?

Yeah, we were in the last fight, and Artemis Entreri is supposed to be in that crowd somewhere, and Drizzt just wouldn't listen and keep his head down while we softened them up with the artillery, um, I mean area-effect spells.

> So what did I do? Slayerized, of

> course. I lost the whole party to him but it was worth it in the end. I

> felt so evil. Then I reloaded.

Don't you wish Real Life had one of those?

> Damn drow. :)

Now, now. You're starting to sound like Keldorn, there.

> At least he didn't get to kill Anomen in the end. Imoen did that.

Aerie in my first game. In the second.... wait and see.

#16 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 03:43 PM

> Yeah, we were in the last fight, and Artemis Entreri is supposed to be in

> that crowd somewhere, and Drizzt just wouldn't listen and keep his head

> down while we softened them up with the artillery, um, I mean area-effect

> spells.

Hehe. Shame you can't tell him what an idiot he is. "Umm, Drizzt? She's going to cast a fireball now, so... you might want to move." "Not now! I'm busy not being like a drow. Ahh, vampires- kill kill KILL!"

btw, I am still very pissed that Artemis didn't make it into the game. He's my favorite character! I can't believe they put that idiot Wulfgar in there and not Artemis. I'd rather not have the Anomen romance, if that had fixed it. Grr.

> Don't you wish Real Life had one of those?

YES!!! And a giant Space Bar. That would come in handy.

> Now, now. You're starting to sound like Keldorn, there.

Hmm, neve kept him long enough to hear such things. Strange thing, I hate Drizzt, but I absoloutely love the evil drow. Like Jarlaxle. *g*

#17 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 05:11 PM

> I've always thought Anomen would have been happier, originally, as a

> specialty priest of Helm, but then he wouldn't have been able to get his

> attitude adjustment.

> But don't you just know he's envious of the SPs and that Seeking Sword

> spell?

I wondered why he wasn't a specialty priest of Helm, so this game, I decided to make him one, with a little help from Shadowkeeper. Turns out that I don't use the Seeking Sword much--not being able to cast other spells while it's in force is a huge drawback. Now, hacking Lilani into an SP of Lathander was worth it, because the Boon of Lathander rocks when it comes to vampire fighting.

#18 Guest_darkrose_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 05:14 PM

This is starting to get confusing. I think I'm going to have to see about getting a T1 run to the keep.

#19 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 05:15 PM

> I think they were in BG1.

> Now I'm the one who's blushing furiously. Jaheira had the gauntlets until

> I made Crom Fayer. I'll have to go check my final save; I could have sworn

> everyone but Aerie had 19+ strength.

> Don't worry, I'm not one of those CLUA:Console or import/export types.

Uhm. If everyone but Aerie is wearing strength enhancing items, and Jaheira is supposed to be wearing the gauntlets of ogre strength, then how can everyone have 19+ str?? I mean, the gauntlets give you 18/00 not 19. *grins*

#20 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 05 February 2001 - 05:19 PM

> That was f****** excellent! Just one thing, she probably needs to shave

> her head, and tattoe a little more of her body than just her head, or is

> there some hidden meaning behind the one on her forhead. It is a little

> cooler than the bullseye on Minsc's though. Who though of that.

Who ever said that the tattoo on her face is the only one on her body?? *salacious grin*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com