Wrapping up the Anomen plot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dorotea_*

Posted 14 November 2000 - 08:43 PM

First of all I want to thank Dave Gaider for being so incredibly patient and good humored with us here ! I just hope he gets as much fun from this discussions as we all do. I know that fiction writers do like to hear from readers but Dave is actually bringing it to a next level by trying to discuss his future ideas with us and actually answering to some of our suggestions. Thank you Dave ! I wonder if he actually writes something other then dialogs and scripts for Bioware ? I would go and buy any book he ever publish I swear.

Now to summarize some of the Anomen romance threads we have been discussing. We have a character who is immature, totally inexperienced with woman ( actually a virgin before you meet him), arrogant, rude, angry with himself, cannot control his temper, can actually commit a murder when out of control, politically and religiously naive and lately been under incredible pressure of been turned into vampire and saved and then dragged through Hell very much against his will and against his deepest reservations. Oh yes and he has a split personality disorder too. I know for sure What will I do with a boyfriend like this in RL. Then again may be I don't.

On the positive side he is sweet, tries to apologize for his lapses most of the time, good looking ( I assume), great fighter and very decent cleric. Is not it just delicious ? I can only tell that Dave has given female players much more respect and credit then anybody here acknowledged. Hey what do them boys have ! Three reasonably sweet and sexy women each one with her private problem to deal with but that's what men are for ! To care about their little ladies ! Speaking about equal rights did not we get more then we asked for ? Our guy definitely needs to be taken care of by us more often then the other way around. Now I think we should get our sweet reward in the sequel/expansion by actually getting something in return. Like if we ever find our sweet PC in a big trouble Anomen's loyalty to her should prevail over his political correctness and even loyalty to the Order. Then again Order may be not that bad an organization after all. They can acknowledge they been wrong about PC at the end.

I also think putting Anomen"back together again" by joining his two personalities into one in the sequel will not only help to reduce amount of dialog needed but will neatly finish the whole plot with him He is after all the same person who started with you , by taking different routes he can stray away from his path but internally he stays the same. I don't believe CN Anomen is actually accepted his rejection by the Order fully. He is still very much hurt by it. So possibility of reconciliation with the Order if only he betrays PC should be a Very Big Deal for him. Add his conflict over been dragged into Hell and turned vampire together with his tendency to blame everybody but himself for the consequences of his actions,

his jealousy over PC been able to control herself and you have a ' Molotov cocktail ' . LG persona on the other hand should be very much offended by seeing ( seeing is believing ) with his own eyes what PC can eventually turn into and what exactly does it mean to be the Child of Bhaal.

At the end I think his LG persona will actually benefit from acquiring some of CN freedom and CN would benefit from acknowledging his guilt and accepting responsibility for his own mistakes. So if we can have a quest after which CN gets his pardon of a sort and LG rejects his superiority complex by MAKING HIS OWN CHOICE instead of asking for the choice to be made for him this will be a perfect conclusion to his story. It does not have to be 'witch hunt' plot. Just serious enough conflict over his loyalties.

I pray for him to quit the Order for good in both of his aspects but I guess you cannot get everything you wish for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com