Romance with Minsc!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 14 November 2000 - 08:36 PM

Dave mentained that having Minc take a shine to someone is unlikly since

he is a sumple/brain-damaged man. But, I can see something happening if it's

done right.

Me Minsc! You Aerie! Lets make zug-zug! :)

#2 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 14 November 2000 - 10:46 PM

First of all, Minsc is a barbarian, not a caveman... and his dialogue should not include the words "zug-zug" (or "zog-tog" for that matter) :)

However, any romance with the Generic Female Protagonist might start something like this:

Minsc - Your butt-kicking skills are a sight to see! You and Boo and I are the best butt-kicking team ever! Together we shall crush and smite Evil into tiny little pieces... In fact, Minsc would like to stay with you always, until there is no Evil left to crush and Boo can smell the sweet smell of flowers on bright spring day!

GFP - 1. Stop you block-headed ramblings... You really should get a cleric to deal with this problem of yours!

2. Yes! Together we shall trample Evil until nothing is left but greasy stains under our boots...

[3]. Minsc, are you trying to hit on me?

Minsc - Boo says... Boo says... Minsc says "What?"... *blushes* Minsc admires your skill and your Evil-smiting and your finely honed body *Cough* Boo says he has something urgent to do... on the other side of the street!

And so on and so forth... The potential for funny and/or touching moments is immense. Say Boo gets jealous of the attention lavished on the GFP and (god forbid) lets Jan spirit him away! Say Minsc still has issues about Dyanheir's death and becomes overprotective of the GFP (or Aerie, if a romance develops between them) going into a bezerker rage when the GFP is seriously wounded. And, as I suggested before, the day when Boo finally allows the Protagonist to touch him (change the inventory screen message when you try to pick up Boo to something like "Boo runs to you and rubs his head against you hand. Minsc smiles and picks him up again") would be a truly great one in any gamer's career.

Minsc's simple but friendly and honest approach to things would make him a welcome change from Anomen, and I can hardly imagine the potential jealousy scenes between these two without laughing my head off!

#3 Red Viking

Posted 15 November 2000 - 02:24 AM

> Dave mentained that having Minc take a shine to someone is unlikly since

> he is a sumple/brain-damaged man. But, I can see something happening if

> it's

> done right.

Minsc is a nice guy and a romance with him would be an interesting experience with hilarious results. Minsc's idea of a good time, however, is bashing an ogre's face in. This would be just fine if you're in to that sort of thing, but I think that the female protagonist would want something deeper than that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com