Pillar of Skulls

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 30 December 1999 - 03:26 AM

Is there any way to get all the information you need in Baator without either sacrificing a party member or permanently losing 15 HP? It seems like you need two pieces of information -- namely, how to find the Fortress of Regret, and how to escape from Baator. I can get one of these pieces of information by telling the Pillar where Fork-Tongue (or whatever his name is) is located -- and if I have a high enough Charisma, I can bluff that part -- but I still wind up paying dearly for the second piece of information. (I can sacrifice Morte by putting him in the Pillar, but even with a temporarily boosted strength of 25 I can't yank him back out again. D'oh.)

#2 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 30 December 1999 - 08:06 AM

> I think you need high dexterity to get him out. My strength was only 13

> when I did it, but with a dex of 18 I got him out fine.

Ah...I'd considered that possibility, but unfortunately my dex was only 15 and I didn't appear to have any way of increasing it temporarily. Hmph. Guess I'll try bumping it up as high as I can now that I'm going back to do the prison level over again. Thanks!

#3 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 03 January 2000 - 11:38 AM

> Ah...I'd considered that possibility, but unfortunately my dex was only 15

> and I didn't appear to have any way of increasing it temporarily. Hmph.

> Guess I'll try bumping it up as high as I can now that I'm going back to

> do the prison level over again. Thanks!

For the record, 17 dex still wasn't enough. However, if you have an 18 int, when you talk to Fork-Tongue you'll think far ahead enough to ask him how to get back from Baator, in which case you only need to ask the Pillar about how to get to the Fortress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com