Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 12

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 08 May 2003 - 03:18 AM

They reached the end of the long hallway and found a tall statue of a lord on a throne. But the statue was old, and weathered, cracked and disfigured. The face was unrecognizable.

Adrian stared at it. Everything else here had led him to believe that this was a relatively recent construction. No more than a year or two old, say. But this....this was old. Ancient, almost. How long had Irenicus been here? And what had he been doing before he had set up his little chamber of horrors?

The thought occurred to him that perhaps this particular article was here before Irenicus, but he dismissed it almost immediately. Irenicus had clearly expanded upon the original caverns, and this room was not part of them.

They found some more magical items in figure's lap, most notably rings of protection. Moving on, they found a long corridor, lit not by torches but by glowing golden stones. Obviously this was some new, important sector of the laboratory/torture dungeon complex.

They found the bodies of more thieves and Duregar, and finally heard the sounds of battle up ahead yet again. This time, in a oddly-shaped room, a thief was fighting a lovely woman with a long golden mane of hair. She appeared to be Elven, regal in posture and bearing. She was naked, but there was nothing sexual about her; her eyes were full of vengeance and fury, and she was decimating the thief with powerful spells.

As they watched, the thief was cut down. She turned to them, eyes blazing. "Damn you Jon! I am not her! I AM NOT HER!!"

Adrian finally got to put his crossbow back into use, and he and Yoshimo took her down.

Imoen looked around the room. There were glass tubes, not unlike the jar Reilev had been in, but much larger. In each one, an identical woman floated in the fluid, apparently sleeping.

"Copies?" Imoen said, bewildered.

"Clones." Edwin's face was grim. "Even in Thay, where magic rules supreme and Necromancers know no fear--if they wear Red--such experiments are outlawed."

"Hard to tell who's who with cloes running around," said Emirikol, with a wide eyed seriousness that reminded Adrian of Xzar.

"That room...it must be for the woman these....clones...are based on. His lost love, one supposes," Adrian mused.

Tree shivered, and went to comfort Imoen, who was, understandably, having a hard time coping with the strain. They all were. Even Emirikol had become sombre and introspective. Adrian finally told Emirikol to destroy the room. Understanding, the mage nodded and, after they party had filed out, destroyed the tubes with another of his fearsome fireballs.

Next was an empty room, carefully sealed off with some strange stuff that none of them recognized.

"Not even in my studies before I became what I am had I come across a substance such as this," said Emirikol, prodding the clear, flexible bulge around a sealed magical doorway. "It must come from another Plane entirely."

Frennendan was shaking. Adrian frowned. "You know what this is?"

"Not the substance," the doppleganger wheezed. "But I think....I think he eventually meant to put me in there. It bears the signs of a place designed to imprison one of my kind."

Adrian raised both eyebrows, and turned to look back at the "bubble" room. Both mages looked as well, and the party was silent for a time.

It came to them as one that their time was precious, and they moved on again.

-----

Still in bat form, the vampiress shot past Irenicus, who was dealing with yet another group of intruders. She pondered telling him about the prisoners escape, but decided against it. She would tell her Mistress, though. Bhodi would be most intrigued.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 08 May 2003 - 03:36 AM

They reached the end of the long hallway and found a tall statue of a lord on a throne. But the statue was old, and weathered, cracked and disfigured. The face was unrecognizable.

Adrian stared at it. Everything else here had led him to believe that this was a relatively recent construction. No more than a year or two old, say. But this....this was old. Ancient, almost. How long had Irenicus been here? And what had he been doing before he had set up his little chamber of horrors?

Yes, just yesterday I got through Jonny's Pad on my 2nd BG2 game. I too was wondering about this...probably an old tomb/shring Irenicus built out from.

The thought occurred to him that perhaps this particular article was here before Irenicus, but he dismissed it almost immediately. Irenicus had clearly expanded upon the original caverns, and this room was not part of them.

They found some more magical items in figure's lap, most notably rings of protection. Moving on, they found a long corridor, lit not by torches but by glowing golden stones. Obviously this was some new, important sector of the laboratory/torture dungeon complex.

Sounds almost like a real estate brochure. "Contains everything a sadistic wizard could want!"

Adrian finally got to put his crossbow back into use, and he and Yoshimo took her down.

Today the clone, tomorrow the original!

Imoen looked around the room. There were glass tubes, not unlike the jar Reilev had been in, but much larger. In each one, an identical woman floated in the fluid, apparently sleeping.

I think they ripped off Alien Resurrection.

"Clones." Edwin's face was grim. "Even in Thay, where magic rules supreme and Necromancers know no fear--if they wear Red--such experiments are outlawed."

sounds like the modern debate :P

"Hard to tell who's who with cloes running around," said Emirikol, with a wide eyed seriousness that reminded Adrian of Xzar.

hmmm

-----

Still in bat form, the vampiress shot past Irenicus, who was dealing with yet another group of intruders. She pondered telling him about the prisoners escape, but decided against it. She would tell her Mistress, though. Bhodi would be most intrigued.

Ooh...so many special interests...

#3 Laufey

Posted 08 May 2003 - 05:02 PM

I bet he was designing his Leather Outfit. :wink:

They found the bodies of more thieves and Duregar, and finally heard the sounds of battle up ahead yet again. This time, in a oddly-shaped room, a thief was fighting a lovely woman with a long golden mane of hair. She appeared to be Elven, regal in posture and bearing. She was naked, but there was nothing sexual about her; her eyes were full of vengeance and fury, and she was decimating the thief with powerful spells.

I feel sorry for that poor clone...far more so than about Ellesime.

Oh yes...

Ah...I bet she will. :wink:
Rogues do it from behind.

#4 Weyoun

Posted 08 May 2003 - 10:41 PM

And considering the Thayvians created 'the Chosen', that's saying a lot. :twisted:

"Not even in my studies before I became what I am had I come across a substance such as this," said Emirikol, prodding the clear, flexible bulge around a sealed magical doorway. "It must come from another Plane entirely."

Frennendan was shaking. Adrian frowned. "You know what this is?"

"Not the substance," the doppleganger wheezed. "But I think....I think he eventually meant to put me in there. It bears the signs of a place designed to imprison one of my kind."

Not a pleasant outlook, I shouldn't wonder.

Already he's being watched, it seems. :wink:

Great stuff,
---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#5 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 09 May 2003 - 07:55 AM

I have always been slightly worried about the fact that when I first played through BGII, Iron Knicker's dungeon made me think he was, perhaps, Neutral aligned- an experimenter who was more concerned with results than practice, but not actually bad. I am *so* good a judge of character!

Brrr, he's so cold about it. This short paragraph is effective.

Nice touch... it explains the prisoner's escape well.

#6 Guest_Broken Phoenix_*

Posted 10 May 2003 - 10:19 AM

Everything else here had led him to believe that this was a relatively recent construction. No more than a year or two old, say. But this....this was old.

It's a collector's item!

And that's saying a lot.

Even Emirikol had become sombre and introspective.

Otherwise, he's that cheerful and happy personaility? :twisted:

I bet she is...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com