A single path

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cprefect_*

Posted 24 October 2002 - 02:25 AM

"I love the rain," she stares out the window, watching it fall safe inside the walls of the copper coronet. There is something very relaxing about the gentle fall, even with the occasional flash of lighting. Arrabon was lost in her thoughts once again; she didn't even notice Jaheria, the druid priestess, pad up behind her. "By Torm, such distractions are usually fatal I really need to pull myself together," she silently brooded, ignoring everything.
"Imoen is counting on me," she rationalized, listening to Jaheria tap her toe with impatience waiting for the warrior to say anything to acknowledge her presence, the paladin smiled.
"I wonder, when did our relationship change, Arrabon contemplated. When did I become more than just a child? When did I grow up? When did I become someone she looks up too for guidance?
Torm did I, ever ask for this position, to be responsible for their lives or it was bequeathed to me by Khalid's passing?
I know I am responsible for their lives I sigh sadly all their lives even those who aren't here any longer.
The half-elf doesn't wait any longer, "Arra you know when he finds out you are a child," Jaheria speaks softly moving to stand beside the paladin.
Arrabon folds her arms over her chest hugging her body tightly, even though the room is warm, she felt suddenly cold. "Which one?" she asks smartly with a slight chuckle.
The newest addition to the group: the paladin keldorn firecam, an inquisitor, of the order of the most radiant heart.
"Stop being silly," her tone brooks no argument, the younger warrior was well aware of the druids sharp tongue having been, more times than could be counted, on the receiving end of her barbs.
"The priest is set and very judgmental," the druid glared at Arrabon. "Anomen!"
Now there is a surprise, the paladin bit back her intended reply with a choked laugh. "Well that is a shock," she shrugs, turning away from the windows solitude to face the priestess.
"I am not worried," the warrior lied, not meeting the druids golden gaze, she kneaded her arms vigorously still feeling chilled.
"Squire anomen," she begins only to be interrupted with a wave from the paladin. Jaheria stands there; staring vehemently, with her hand on her hip, she looks perturbed.
"Please Torm," the paladin drops her head pinching the bridge nose in silent prayer, then aloud in a strong calm voice, "is a strong fighter and a handy cleric."
The druid paces in front of her fuming, "he is arrogant, a fool, and after a beat, what do you see in him?" she continues to rant, throwing her hands up in the air, as a child in the mist of a tantrum.
The paladin smiled, trying hard to keep from laughing, at the priestess' antics. "Jaheria please," Arrabon once again calmly tried to gain her attention, "Jaheria patience give him a chance." Arrabon serenely reached out, catching the druid. The look Jaheria reserved for the younger woman would have melted polar ice.
"I will leave you to your prayers," Jaheria stated shaking arrabon's hand off, marched angrily off, slamming the door hard behind her.
The paladin fell lightly to her knees she despised fighting with her friends when she needed there council more, praying softly:
'Torm, how can I tell her that,' the paladin looks away feeling the sudden tightening in her breast, 'the watcher needs us as much as we need him.
How do I tell her that, she could feel a soft warmth envelope her, Torm led me to this man, somehow we are linked in our paths.
That I have seen him at his worst;
Torm, what you would have me do, to keep him from falling over the brink to the abyss.
Torm guide me I pray.
It has been many years since I dreamt of the knight.
For now I know that is the only person he could be.
Those dark blue eyes are just as haunted as they were years ago in my dreams. Dark, unpredictable, like the crashing ocean waves during a storm.
My lord, I can see the young boy in his eyes, seeking to prove his worth, searching for acceptance. Was his life so bad? Torm!
I only pray that I am strong enough for us both.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com