Destiny’s Foster Child : 19

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_IronDragon_*

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:05 PM

Reunited and Feels so Good
Or
Plop Plop Fizz Fizz

“And that’s how I learned that appearing on reality television doesn’t actually lead to fame and fortune.”

Montaron glowered at Xzar. “Will you shut your yammering trap for five minutes? We need to be quiet so we don’t attract any more guards.”

Oh Monty you are over reacting as always. The gnolls left only two guards outside of our cell and they were dispatched with ease by your handsome ranger boyfriend.

“He is NOT my boyfriend!”

“Monty! Please keep your voice down, we need to be quiet so we don’t attract any more guards.” Montaron was turning a rather nasty shade of red. “You really need to see someone about that blood pressure Monty.”

“Xzar, please don’t cause the untimely death of Montaron.” Jaheira said adjusting her pack. “I find it odd that the gnolls hardly seemed concerned about us at all. They left only a token force of guards and worse they kept all of our equipment just outside of the cell.”

Khalid nodded. “Yes, it’s s…strange they just didn’t let us k…keep all our equipment in the cell.”

“I can’t imagine a jailer stupid enough to lock an adventurer in a cell with his weapons, armor and equipment,” Jaheira said frowning.

“Really? I would th…think they are quite c…common.”

“Well gnolls aren’t terribly bright,” Ajantis said checking his appearance in a small mirror. “Just look at their break room reading material. Sword Coast Today, Either Net Guide, Us. No wonder they can’t effectively guard us.”

Enough idleness,” Jaheira said tapping her quarterstaff on the floor for attention. “We must get moving, we have to save the hamster and Minsc’s friend.”

Minsc appeared next to Jaheira, he still looked shaken but now that he was back in his armor some semblance of clam had returned to him. “My armor may be on and my weapons once again be at the tips my righteous evil poking fingers, but without my hamster and my witch gone…honor still eludes me. I worry that both have met untimely and very messy ends. However, I would like to think they went to meet their fates together. Boo would like that.”

“And Dynaheir?”

Minsc nodded sagely. “Well, she would complain loudly, but then seen the irony of the situation, then she would do what she always does.”

“She would then accept her fate with composure and dignity?”

“No, she would continue to complain loudly.”

“Well the thing is we don’t know where the gnolls are holding your friend prisoner. We don’t even know where to begin to look,” Ajantis said.

“How about the throne room?” Xzar asked hopefully.

“I suppose it is as good a place as any to start, there may be some clue as to their where abuts,” Jaheira said thoughtfully. “But we don’t know how to find the throne room.”

“Well we could just follow the signs.”

“Signs?”

Xzar pointed to placard on wall, it was white with a large red arrow pointing down corridor. The words ‘snarl’ and ‘yip yip’ were printed on the arrow. Xzar pointed along with the arrow. “This way to the throne room.”

“I didn’t know you could read gnolish,” Kagain said scrutinizing the sign.

“It’s written in common, and it reads ‘snarl yip yip,’” Jaheira said with a confused look on her face.

“Technically I can’t speak gnolish , but since all chaotic evil demi-humans use common characters and write everything phonetically it is just a matter of sounding things out.”

“Amazing.” Kagain said stroking his beard.

“ No, that is ridiculous,” Jaheira said

“Amazing? Not really, because it’s phonetic based, it’s remarkably easy to pick up.”

“It just says ‘snarl yip yip!’”

“Yes Jaheira, which is gnolish for ‘this way to fabulously appointed and spacious fortress throne room where we are incidentally holding the foreign human sorcerers and the God like rodent hostage. Tours are forming now, speak to any of our courteous staff gnolls for information regarding times and prices. Please curb yourself outside.’”

“It says all that?”

“Gnolish is a remarkably information dense language.”

“But you just said you don’t speak gnolish!”

Xzar looked very hurt at the comment. “Yes I know.” Tears started to from in his eyes.
“Why do you feel the need to constatnly rub my shortcomings in my face Jaheira? Does doing so make you feel superior?” Xzar turned and fled down the dark hallway crying loudly.

Ajantis sighed and started after Xzar. “Good going Jaheira.”

“Minsc hopes you will not be making bald jokes soon.”

Everyone stood still for a moment. Jaheira stood there her mouth moving but no words were forming. Finally Khalid started down the hall. “Right, the th…throne room it is th…then.”

As the others left Kagain and Montaron turned to Jaheira. “Got to agree with knight boy there…good job.”

“It was not my intention to insult…” Jaheira started.

Kagain held up his hands to stop her. “Ho, you misunderstand. We approve.”

Montaron grinned. “You made him cry, do you have any idea how hard that is?” Kagain and Montaron continued down the corridor after the rest of the party. “You know you could almost see the moment he lost all composure. That was so sweet.”

Kagain nodded. “Jaheira is my new hero.”

“Well here we are at the throne room. Lovely isn’t it?” the stone room was littered with chunks of broken furniture. Faded and worn tapestries adored the walls. The windows, once marked of leaded and colored glass were mostly broken. “Could use a woman’s touch mind you.”

“What do you mean here is the throne room? We only traveled 20 paces.”

“I mean here it is, in all its splendor” “I guess my sign reading ability is more than adequate. But I shall not bring up the topic again.”

“But what is the throne room doing situated next to the dungeon?”

“Well I am sure I don’t know Jaheira. I am many things but I am not an architect.”

“Well where else would a throne room be?” Ajantis asked.

Their conversation about the design schematics of the gnoll fortress were cut short by the bellowing cry of Minsc. “Boo!” Minsc charged into the throne room at a mad dash heading straight for the huge stone throne that dominated the far wall. There on the ornately carved granite seat lay a small, unmoving lump of brown fur. “Boo, my sweet bubudink. You are too young to die!”

The others rushed up behind Minsc. The unmoving and strangely bloated form of Boo lay on the throne seat. Minsc scooped up the tiny creature, tears forming in his eyes. “Worry not tiny friend I will avenge you.”

It was then that the tiny furry Boo let loose with an incredibly loud and incredibly prolong belch

“It’s a miracle!”

“I think he’s alive.”

Minsc closely examined his round hamster “Oh this is worse than if he were dead. They over fed him.”

Kagain, disinterested in miraculous hamster healings, was examining their surrounding. “You know…a lot of this destruction looks relatively new, there is no dust on anything. And the remnants of the food…it’s all fresh. In fact it looks like a banquet took place here just a few hours ago…is that a carved watermelon fruit salad bowl?”

“Do you suspect the gnolls held a party in Boo’s honor…he is after all a genuine miniature giant space wallaby.”

“Hamster ,” Minsc corrected. “Boo, is that brie in your whiskers?”

Boo gave a small hiccup in response.

Minsc theatrically put the back of his hand to his forehead. “Boo! What have they done to you…oh my poor hamster. The torture you endured must have been horrific.”

“They feed him a feast and set him up like royalty. What torture?” Montaron grumbled.

“The gave him cheese.”

“So?”

“Boo is lactose intolerant.”

“So?”

“So, he doesn’t ride on YOUR shoulder now does he?” Minsc poked at the hamster. “No Boo, now is not the time to be sleeping it off. You must guide me to Dynaheir. Oh if they have tortured her as they have tortured you...”

“I should be tortured so.”

There was another belch. “Boo will guide us,” Minsc announced. He held the bloated hamster out at arm length and began a slow seep of the throne room. .

“Don’t squeeze him… he’s likely to burst.” Ajantis warned.

Boo began making excited squeaky noises. His forelegs may have been moving in an excited way but it was difficult to tell with him being so corpulent. “Boo is onto something. Lead me to my witch and let me reclaim my honor oh trusted tiny companion.” Moving quickly at Boos behest the group found themselves in front of a low cabinet near a ruined banquet table.. Boo’s squeaking grew more and more agitated as they took the precaution of having Montaron check the cabinet for traps. Inside was variety of jars. Minsc scanned his hamster passed each one in turn. He squeaked loudly at a simple earthen ware jar. Jaheira picked up the jug and examined its contents.

Is it some clue? Some sort of magic powder that will form a trail to Minsc’s ward?

Cautiously Jaheira dabbed a finger in it and brought it to her tongue. “No...it is bicarbonate of soda.”

“Boo…now is no time to be worrying about a tummy ache. Dynaheir is in mortal danger!”

“Who’s in danger?” Came a voice from across the hall. Everyone turned to look at one of the side entrances where a dark skinned woman wearing lavender mage robes stood. She surveyed the adventuring party with an expression of supreme calm until her eyes lighted on Minsc. As suddenly as that her expression changed to one of shock, surprise, and complete terror. “You!” She exclaimed pointing at Minsc.

Minsc strode forward, threw his arms wide and said, ” Dynaheir! My witch! At last I have found you.” Minsc tossed the corpulent Boo over his shoulder, his eyes focused only on the mage. Khalid made a mad dash forward deftly catching the hamster in mid-air.

“How did you find me?” Dynaheir said looking worried.

“As if anything could ever keep me from you you slippery mink you.” He took a few more steps forward holding his arms wide. “Come give your Minscy poo a big hug.”

“Keep away from me!”

“Days apart and you still play your little games with Minsc and Boo.”

Dynaheir was circiling the throne room tyring her best to keep out of Minsc’s reach. “The restrining order was very clear. You can’t come any closer than sixty paces.”

Minsc was actively chasing the mage around the throne room now. “As if you were serious when you got that. But now that we are together nothing will ever separate us again.”

“Keep away from me you hypothalamic land mass!”

Minsc’s long stride was more than a match for Dynaheir. In one quick motion he caught her and enveloped her in a rib crushing hug.

Minsc scooped up the beautiful mage in the pale lavender robes and spun around the room with her. “My witch…my witch…we are reunited.”

“Put me down! Put me down this instant!” she shouted while punching and kicking him.

"Mental note.” Xzar said aloud. “Never become the “witch” of any ranger.”

Finally Mincs her daintily on her feet while giving a happy sigh. The mage slapped his hands away before running her hands over her robes to straighten them. Minsc lunged at the mage with a manic grin on his face. He wrapped his left arm around her next pulling her towards him in for awkward one arm embrace ‘Ack! No!” She screamed. A moment later Minsc used his hold on her to bend her over nearly in half. “Don’t you dare Minsc!” She protested in vane. Minsc took his right hand and applied his knuckles to the top of her head. he began to rub vigorously shouting “Noogie noogie noogie!”

“What ever crime the woman committed must have been truly horrific to deserve such punishment,” Jaheira commented.

“Sh…should we inter….intervene?” Khalid asked.

Dynaheir continued to yell and even curse loudly as she endured the affectionate greeting from her ranger.

Kagain took a stop back. “No thanks. She can have all the noogies.”

#2 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:44 PM

Oh Monty you are over reacting as always. The gnolls left only two guards outside of our cell and they were dispatched with ease by your handsome ranger boyfriend.

Could’ve fooled me…

“Monty! Please keep your voice down, we need to be quiet so we don’t attract any more guards.” Montaron was turning a rather nasty shade of red. “You really need to see someone about that blood pressure Monty.”

I somehow cannot imagine how Xzar could survive this story without being murdered by his companions.

Enough idleness,” Jaheira said tapping her quarterstaff on the floor for attention. “We must get moving, we have to save the hamster and Minsc’s friend.”

With the hamster being of primary importance, obviously.

Minsc nodded sagely. “Well, she would complain loudly, but then seen the irony of the situation, then she would do what she always does.”

Sounds like Dynaheir alright.

“It’s written in common, and it reads ‘snarl yip yip,’” Jaheira said with a confused look on her face.

“Technically I can’t speak gnolish , but since all chaotic evil demi-humans use common characters and write everything phonetically it is just a matter of sounding things out.”

As long as it isn’t written something like ‘u shudnt ent3r’ or something. ;)

Xzar looked very hurt at the comment. “Yes I know.” Tears started to from in his eyes.“Why do you feel the need to constatnly rub my shortcomings in my face Jaheira? Does doing so make you feel superior?” Xzar turned and fled down the dark hallway crying loudly.

Hurray! ;)

Montaron grinned. “You made him cry, do you have any idea how hard that is?” Kagain and Montaron continued down the corridor after the rest of the party. “You know you could almost see the moment he lost all composure. That was so sweet.”

Mine as well, but we all knew that already. :twisted:

The others rushed up behind Minsc. The unmoving and strangely bloated form of Boo lay on the throne seat. Minsc scooped up the tiny creature, tears forming in his eyes. “Worry not tiny friend I will avenge you.”

He actually seems quite content…

Minsc theatrically put the back of his hand to his forehead. “Boo! What have they done to you…oh my poor hamster. The torture you endured must have been horrific.”

I think he might actually prefer the gnolls, if allowed to choose…

Awww, poor Boo, that really sucks. ;)

There was another belch. “Boo will guide us,” Minsc announced. He held the bloated hamster out at arm length and began a slow seep of the throne room. .

Projectile vomiting hamster… deadly weapon to be sure…

“Who’s in danger?” Came a voice from across the hall. Everyone turned to look at one of the side entrances where a dark skinned woman wearing lavender mage robes stood. She surveyed the adventuring party with an expression of supreme calm until her eyes lighted on Minsc. As suddenly as that her expression changed to one of shock, surprise, and complete terror. “You!” She exclaimed pointing at Minsc.

Uh, oh… this reunion isn’t exactly going as expected.

Dynaheir was circiling the throne room tyring her best to keep out of Minsc’s reach. “The restrining order was very clear. You can’t come any closer thatn sixty paces.”

Oh dear oh dear… maybe that order only worked for as long as you were in Rashemen.

“Put me down! Put me down this instant!” she shouted while punching and kicking him.
Mental note.” Xzar said aloud. “Never become the “witch” of any ranger.”

Well it’s a bit too late for Montaron, isn’t it?

Kinda makes me wonder what you will do with Valygar… I mean, hell, his actual class is ‘Stalker’…

Dynaheir continued to yell and even curse loudly as she endured the affectionate greeting from her ranger.

This might be the first and only time I ever feel sorry for Dynaheir.

#3 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

Montaron glowered at Xzar. “Will you shut your yammering trap for five minutes? We need to be quiet so we don’t attract any more guards.”

Exactly how is it that Montaron hasn't long since killed Xzar?

Khalid nodded. “Yes, it’s s…strange they just didn’t let us k…keep all our equipment in the cell.”

“I can’t imagine a jailer stupid enough to lock an adventurer in a cell with his weapons, armor and equipment,” Jaheira said frowning.

:D

Minsc appeared next to Jaheira, he still looked shaken but now that he was back in his armor some semblance of clam had returned to him. “My armor may be on and my weapons once again be at the tips my righteous evil poking fingers, but without my hamster and my witch gone…honor still eludes me. I worry that both have met untimely and very messy ends. However, I would like to think they went to meet their fates together. Boo would like that.”

“And Dynaheir?”

That definitely sounds like Dynaheir!

As for Boo... I'm not sure he'd care overly much about who went with him, to be honest :twisted:

“It just says ‘snarl yip yip!’”

“Yes Jaheira, which is gnolish for ‘this way to fabulously appointed and spacious fortress throne room where we are incidentally holding the foreign human sorcerers and the God like rodent hostage. Tours are forming now, speak to any of our courteous staff gnolls for information regarding times and prices. Please curb yourself outside.’”

;)

“It says all that?”

Xzar looked very hurt at the comment. “Yes I know.” Tears started to from in his eyes.
“Why do you feel the need to constatnly rub my shortcomings in my face Jaheira? Does doing so make you feel superior?” Xzar turned and fled down the dark hallway crying loudly.

;) ;) ;)

As the others left Kagain and Montaron turned to Jaheira. “Got to agree with knight boy there…good job.”

I sense the beginning of a beautiful friendship :P

Brie... :)

“So?”

“So, he doesn’t ride on YOUR shoulder now does he?” Minsc poked at the hamster. “No Boo, now is not the time to be sleeping it off. You must guide me to Dynaheir. Oh if they have tortured her as thy tortured you.”

This whole entire exchange is just awesome :)

Is it some clue? Some sort of magic powder that will form a trail to Minsc’s ward?

Cautiously Jaheira dabbed a finger in it and brought it to her tongue. “No...it is bicarbonate of soda.”

“Boo…now is no time to be worrying about a tummy ache. Dynaheir is in mortal danger!”

Like I said... awesome :)

Dynaheir was circiling the throne room tyring her best to keep out of Minsc’s reach. “The restrining order was very clear. You can’t come any closer thatn sixty paces.”

The plot twist reveals itself!

Minsc scooped up the beautiful mage in the pale lavender robes and spun around the room with her. “My witch…my witch…we are reunited.”

He should make sure to let Monty know this!

Finally Mincs her daintily on her feet while giving a happy sigh. The mage slapped his hands away before running her hands over her robes to straighten them. Minsc lunged at the mage with a manic grin on his face. He wrapped his left arm around her next pulling her towards him in for awkward one arm embrace ‘Ack! No!” She screamed. A moment later Minsc used his hold on her to bend her over nearly in half. “Don’t you dare Minsc!” She protested in vane. Minsc took his right hand and applied his knuckles to the top of her head. he began to rub vigorously shouting “Noogie noogie noogie!”

“What ever crime the woman committed must have been truly horrific to deserve such punishment,” Jaheira commented.

Well, most Dynaheirs do deserve it... :)

#4 Guest_IronDragon_*

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:21 AM

Could’ve fooled me…

They haven’t even had their first date yet

I somehow cannot imagine how Xzar could survive this story without being murdered by his companions.

Its just one of the many challenges I face in writing this

[quote]Enough idleness,” Jaheira said tapping her quarterstaff on the floor for attention.  “We must get moving, we have to save the hamster and Minsc’s friend.”
[/quote]

With the hamster being of primary importance, obviously.
obviously

Sounds like Dynaheir alright.

One thing I noticed when writing...Dynaheir and Jaheira have the same personality

*runs and hides*

As long as it isn’t written something like ‘u shudnt ent3r’ or something. ;)

no one can read that stuff

Xzar looked very hurt at the comment. “Yes I know.” Tears started to from in his eyes.“Why do you feel the need to constatnly rub my shortcomings in my face Jaheira? Does doing so make you feel superior?” Xzar turned and fled down the dark hallway crying loudly.

Hurray! ;)

you evil thing you

Mine as well, but we all knew that already. ;)

So you are agreeing with Monty and Kagain?

He actually seems quite content…

Something tells me he gets “avenged” ever week or so

I think he might actually prefer the gnolls, if allowed to choose…

Boo has no comemnt

Awww, poor Boo, that really sucks. ;)

Well it keeps him out of mouse traps

Projectile vomiting hamster… deadly weapon to be sure…

a +3 weapon at least

Uh, oh… this reunion isn’t exactly going as expected.

Depends on who was doing the expecting

Oh dear oh dear… maybe that order only worked for as long as you were in Rashemen.

you have to be lawful to pay any attention to it

Mental note.” Xzar said aloud. “Never become the “witch” of any ranger.”

Well it’s a bit too late for Montaron, isn’t it?

Shhh….he hasn’t caught on yet

Kinda makes me wonder what you will do with Valygar… I mean, hell, his actual class is ‘Stalker’…

:twisted:

This might be the first and only time I ever feel sorry for Dynaheir.

Just wait.

In a couple episodes someone (not saying who) will propose marriage to her…

#5 Guest_IronDragon_*

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:30 AM

Exactly how is it that Montaron hasn't long since killed Xzar?

One of the great mysteries of life

:)

i never understood that one either

“And Dynaheir?”

That definitely sounds like Dynaheir!

I’m noting many people have some preconceived opinions of Miss D.

As for Boo... I'm not sure he'd care overly much about who went with him, to be honest :twisted:

mr. boo's lawyer assures me he still has no comment

“It says all that?”

;) ;) ;)

There are times I feel very bad about what I do to Jaheira in every chapter. I always manage to get over it though

I sense the beginning of a beautiful friendship :D

well beautiful was not the word i would choose...

Brie... ;)

who can resist a good brie

“So?”

“So, he doesn’t ride on YOUR shoulder now does he?” Minsc poked at the hamster. “No Boo, now is not the time to be sleeping it off. You must guide me to Dynaheir. Oh if they have tortured her as thy tortured you.”

This whole entire exchange is just awesome :P

thanks

Like I said... awesome :)

thanks

The plot twist reveals itself!

hey i gotta work some original stuff in

He should make sure to let Monty know this!

again...shhhh

Well, most Dynaheirs do deserve it... :)

i still havnt decided what crime...suggestions being taken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com