Beloved Child 53

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:44 PM

Seen a few different spellings of Lloth so I will use this one from now on, Lolth just sound too much like lol-th. Not much happening here, we will get to see what the girls get up to in the next chapter!

Beloved Child 53

More dreams. Groder sat high up on a walkway leading between two huge stalactites. Drow swarmed beneath him, living their lives like small grey and white ants. A naked drow woman squatted by his side. Shadows shifted behind her giving of the impression of something huge and not the lithe woman beside him.

“Lloth?” He asked carefully, surprise on his face.

“The same.” The woman answered and smiled.

“I suppose I should feel honoured…” The youth began slowly.

“You should.” The goddess agreed, the smile never leaving her face. “I do not manifest myself to anyone and especially not to surfacers.” Lloth shifted and sat down on the walkway. The goddess pulled up her knees to her naked chest and also split her legs a bit in a gesture of perverse innocence.

“Wipe the worry from you face godchild…” She continued and rested her head on her knees, looking at Groder. “I have no intention of alerting my followers to your presence among them. If they cannot see through the ruse themselves, why should I aid them?”

Groder smiled and it was reflected in Lloth`s own cruel smile.

“You will bring so much delightful chaos here…” She said.

“And if none are left alive?” Groder asked.

“Such confidence.” Lloth laughed. It was a light and clear seductive sound. “It does not matter.”

“Was this visit all about you telling me not to worry?” Groder raised an eyebrow and felt a bit more at ease.

“I was curious I admit. There is also the matter of the female that travels with you.” Lloth turned her eyes to Groder again.

“Viconia?” The blonde youth asked with surprise in his voice.

“Yes, she defied me once; she continues to defy me, refusing to make a sacrifice and worshiping a surface goddess.” The offence the goddess felt was evident in her voice.

“What do you intend?” Groder turned fully towards the goddess.

“Much…” She replied with a smile.

“Could I persuade you otherwise? A deal?” He found himself blurting out.
The goddess demeanour changed in the blink of an eye. Her beautiful face turned into a mask of anger. Around them the dream world twisted and changed from the towers and platforms to an endless sea of giant spider webs. Groder found himself sitting in the sticky webs and also found that he had trouble moving about.

“You presume to think you can make deals with me?” The goddess roared at him, she stood now towering over him. Behind her the large shadows moved and twisted. “You presume to command a favour of me!? For an og'elend elg'caress!?”
The goddess pressed a foot into Groder`s chest and pushed him down on the web. Her baleful red eyes glared down at him and the youth squirmed uncomfortably beneath her. Fear rushed the youth and he started trying to change into the slayer. A hand changed, became scaly and barbed with spikes. Then it reverted back to normal. The goddess eyes and mouth smiled again as cruelly as before.
“Hmm… you will rain much chaos and death on this place.” She said not taking her foot away but their surroundings shifted back to Ust Natha. “And I will make a deal with you. Unless you think seeing me naked is enough for you.” She put her hands on her hips.
“What about the deal…” Groder breathed and looked away from the naked goddess for less then a minute.

“I will leave the heretic alone and happy if you perform a service for me.” Lloth stepped off Groder and sat down again. Groder dragged himself up in a sitting position.

“If you live and leave the Underdark you will eventually cross paths with another godchild, she is Drow and thinks herself to become a goddess. I will lend you a weapon and you will kill her with my weapon and in my name.”

“And if I do this you will leave Viconia alone?” Groder asked, still slightly out of breath.

“I will forget the heretic even exists.” Lloth said. “The weapon will delivered to you soon enough.”

Groder stood and extended a hand. Lloth looked at the extended hand and then grasped it.

“Do try not to die godchild.” She said with another smile.

And then Groder woke up.

After they had woke up and cleaned themselves off, the party headed downstairs to the Inns bar which doubled as a restaurant. They found Solaufein sitting there looking annoyed. He waved for them to come over which they did. After they had sit down a young Drow man came by the table and took their orders for breakfast. Solaufein`s mood had not changed much since the day before and it actually seemed worse. It was clear that he was not there of his own free will.

“Phaere will be here later.” He said curtly as food and drink was placed on the table by the serving males.

About an hour passed after the party had finished their breakfast when Phaere finally appeared. She had opted out of the armour she had worn the day before and appeared in before them in very high silted skirt and spider silk top combination.

“Ah, there you are.” She said as if it was she that had been waiting for them and not the other way around. Her gaze lingered openly on Haer`Dalis as she sat down.

“I spoke of your deeds to the matron mother, as you may know I am the first daughter of House Despana, the ruling house of this city and you have rendered a great service to us.” Phaere said. “In recognition of your efforts and the impression you made of the matron mother, you have been awarded some free leisure time for a couple of days and relax. You too Solaufein.” She added and cast a glance at the Drow warrior.

“But I don’t want to relax.” Solaufein said.

“Really now, it is too bad then that this is a command from the matron mother herself.” Phaere sneered.

“Is that so?” Solaufein countered. “Last I recalled Ardulace was not MY matron.”

“Watch your tongue or you will find that it can easily leave you mouth.” The Drow noble threatened. Solaufein just sneered at Phaere and the noble turned her attention away from him.

“As I said, you have some leisure time but I need to meet you all in about two days. There is more labour for you but rest assured that rewards will come with it.” Phaere said. “For now you may wish to explore the city, maybe head to the market before the crowds really gather.” Then she stood and walked over to Haer`Dalis. “Perhaps you would like a personal tour of the city, Haer`Dalis?”

“I do.” The bard answered and stood. Phaere hooked her arm into his and promptly guided him towards the exit. She cast a final baleful glance at Solaufein whom had found chewing the remains of his food in a violent manner to be his new vocation.

“She works fast.” Imoen commented off hand and flicked a pink bang from her face. The mage flicked a slight smile at Solaufein.

“Fitting then since he does the same.” Jaheira commented dryly.

Viconia wiped her mouth with a napkin and announced.

“I suppose we should see some of the city then.” She told the three other women. “Solaufein can keep an eye on Groder while we take a look around.” The so I can keep an eye on you three part was left unspoken.

Groder was about to speak up but then remembered that he had to obey Viconia. He watched his four female companions get up, say goodbye and leave. The he began glaring at Solaufein whom glared right back.

Solaufein sighed. The four females had left and the only other male was off with Phaere. As he thought this his mood soured even more over being stuck with the brat. There had to be better things he could do then baby sit some boy. Couldn’t the females just have commanded him to remain in their room at the Inn? It had to have been Phaere`s idea, just to torment him further.

“Are we going to sit here and stare at each other all day?”

Solaufein was dragged from his bitter musings by the boy. The Drow cast a hard gaze at the dark elf boy sitting across from him.

“Veldrin was it? I am going to relax and you unfortunately are going to come with me.” He spat.

“I thought you didn’t want to relax?” Groder asked.

“I might as well take advantage of what has been given me.” The Drow replied and got up to leave. He motioned for Groder to do the same.

As they walked down the streets of Ust Natha Groder stopped to look at something every few feet and in the end Solaufein was practically dragging the youth with him. After a while they stopped before a semi busy looking building. The streets were rather busy as well and Groder wondered what the time really was. There was obviously no sun and the stalagmite Viconia had said told the time, he had no hope of deciphering.

“So what is this?” The youth asked.

“A public bath house I assume they had them in Ched Nasad as well?” Solaufein replied testily.

“Yes… but I don’t see the point of bathing again as I did it this morning as did you I assume.” Groder said.

“It is for relaxing, maybe I will even forget you are there.” The Drow smiled slightly.

The bathhouse proper consisted of round basins sunk into the stone floor; a slight steam hovered in the entire room. To Groder`s surprise the place was pretty crowded and again he wondered what the time really was. Drow crowded in the basins and on benches. The youth noted that they were all male and raised curious eyebrow.

Eventually the youth and the warrior sat almost next to each other in one of the basins. Neither looked nor felt very relaxed as they sat arms crossed and glared straight ahead. Solaufein sighed and sank deeper into the water about to once more start contemplating his poor luck when someone stopped by the basin. Both Groder and Solaufein looked up. A Drow male with a sharp and pointed face filled with scars stared down at them with contempt in his eyes. Almost hiding behind him was a younger male, about Groder`s age in both his real human years and his fake Drow ones. The boy looked decidedly nervous.

“They have you baby sitting now, Solaufein?” The scarred Drow laughed. “It is almost cute.” Then he looked at Groder. “So this is the runt that slew a devourer?”

“Go away Istrovir.” Solaufein growled.

“I heard Phaere has her claws in yet another male, the one that came with the foreigners.” Istrovir went on. “It must piss you of something fierce to see her with a new male every week.”

Groder raised an eyebrow at this. That was some fast gossip although he supposed a small army of spies had been all over the party since they entered the city. Solaufein began getting up from the bath to pummel the taunting Drow. The young one stepped further behind Istrovir now looking positively scared.

“And you, how did you kill the devourer? Did it slip and fall at your blade?” Istrovir taunted Groder.

“No I cut its head off but since I don’t enjoy having tentacle rods up my behind I can actually move fast.” The boy said. Groder reflected on the fact that he seemed to instantly share Solaufein`s dislike for this Istrovir. Solaufein stopped half way up and glanced at Groder. Real amusement played in his eyes.

“What!” Istrovir growled. “What did you say you little shit?”

“What?” The bhaalspawn replied. “You heard me or were the words to hard? Look them up in a reference book.” Then Groder made a sad face. “Wait, I forgot you probably can’t read.”

Istrovir growled and seemed to be about to advance. Solaufein watched as Groder grabbed a bar of soap and threw it squarely into Istovirs face. The boy behind the scarred Drow chuckled and was rewarded with a smack across the face. Istrovir growled again. The other patrons had noticed the disturbance and many were openly laughing at Istrovir.

“I’ll get you back for that, you little swine.” The Drow said and then dragged the Drow boy he had come with away as he left. Solaufein smiled at the retreating Drow.

“Who was that with him? He looked to be about my age… this isn’t some deviant place is it?” Groder said.

“What?” Solaufein began and then realization dawned on his face. “No!” He yelled. “That was his brother Nym, an extraordinarily useless child, much like you.”

“I killed a mind flayer.” Groder growled and eyeballed Solaufein.

“It was a lucky shot.” The older Drow countered and stared back.

“Oh my, you two are cute!” A third voice cut in. It sounded like a smooth purring.

A tall lean Drow had sat down on the edge opposite of the two. His ears were pierced with several tacky ruby earrings.

“Ruzun… not now…” Solaufein sighed and suddenly looked very tired.

Ruzun leaned forward and crawled on his hands and knees through the water to Solaufein`s side.

“That’s mean Sola.” The pierced Drow said and pouted. The man gripped Solaufein`s arm and pressed it against his chest.

The look on Solaufein`s face made Groder have to suppress laughter. The boy then hooked his arm in the older Drow`s free arm.

“He is right you know.” Groder whispered.

Solaufein yelled in frustration and stood up, shaking off both Gorder and Ruzun. Then he quickly stalked away towards the exit.

“So, Veldrin was it…” Ruzun purred and began moving towards Gorder.

The youth scooted away quickly.

“Wait up!” Groder called after Solaufein and got out of the bath then ran after the warrior.

#2 Guest_Ananke_*

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:36 AM

(1) I loved the dream at the beginning. It was very unconventional, very out there, and a very good scene. And the slightly pervy vibes only added to the taste, I think.

Also, it's very, very satisfying to see that the last chapter's last moment was more than a moment. I.e. that Groder is willing to stand up to Lloth for Viconia's sake. Although I hope that he will be intelligent enough to watch his back when he offs Sendai... Lloth isn't really known for keeping to her promises, is she? :twisted:

(2) I also like the small follow on the Imoen subquest

“She works fast.” Imoen commented off hand and flicked a pink bang from her face. The mage flicked a slight smile at Solaufein.

although she flicks two things within two sentences, and for a moment, you left me stumped who 'the mage' was. 'She' would have worked better.

(3) And while I cannot say I really enjoyed the last scene - it was more like, 'get out of there, you two, NOW!' - I am intrigued by it.

So, all in all, I suppose I loved the chapter... Certainly, I'm curious! :twisted:

#3 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:52 PM

Seen a few different spellings of Lloth so I will use this one from now on, Lolth just sound too much like lol-th. Not much happening here, we will get to see what the girls get up to in the next chapter!

Apparently, she's Lloth in Menzoberrazan and Lolth everywhere else. I'm not sure what is best, as one sounds like d00dspeak and the other sounds Welsh :oops:

More dreams. Groder sat high up on a walkway leading between two huge stalactites. Drow swarmed beneath him, living their lives like small grey and white ants. A naked drow woman squatted by his side. Shadows shifted behind her giving of the impression of something huge and not the lithe woman beside him.

Cree-eepy!

“You should.” The goddess agreed, the smile never leaving her face. “I do not manifest myself to anyone and especially not to surfacers.” Lloth shifted and sat down on the walkway. The goddess pulled up her knees to her naked chest and also split her legs a bit in a gesture of perverse innocence.

What a perfect nasty little detail :wink:

And the smiling is about as creepy as the body language, knowing who this goddess is.

The goddess demeanour changed in the blink of an eye. Her beautiful face turned into a mask of anger. Around them the dream world twisted and changed from the towers and platforms to an endless sea of giant spider webs. Groder found himself sitting in the sticky webs and also found that he had trouble moving about.

Ah, there's her real face. Or a more real face, at least.

“If you live and leave the Underdark you will eventually cross paths with another godchild, she is Drow and thinks herself to become a goddess. I will lend you a weapon and you will kill her with my weapon and in my name.”

I smell a million strings attached!

(Poor Sendai, I guess she's even more offensive than Viconia)

“Yes… but I don’t see the point of bathing again as I did it this morning as did you I assume.” Groder said.

“It is for relaxing, maybe I will even forget you are there.” The Drow smiled slightly.

It's just as well that Groder looks so extremely young, otherwise questioning why one might want to visit a bath house might look even more odd :twisted:

“No I cut its head off but since I don’t enjoy having tentacle rods up my behind I can actually move fast.” The boy said. Groder reflected on the fact that he seemed to instantly share Solaufein`s dislike for this Istrovir. Solaufein stopped half way up and glanced at Groder. Real amusement played in his eyes.

:twisted:

“Who was that with him? He looked to be about my age… this isn’t some deviant place is it?” Groder said.

“What?” Solaufein began and then realization dawned on his face. “No!” He yelled. “That was his brother Nym, an extraordinarily useless child, much like you.”

:evil:

A tall lean Drow had sat down on the edge opposite of the two. His ears were pierced with several tacky ruby earrings.

Ruzun leaned forward and crawled on his hands and knees through the water to Solaufein`s side.

“That’s mean Sola.” The pierced Drow said and pouted. The man gripped Solaufein`s arm and pressed it against his chest.

A 'deviant'?

:)

#4 Guest_Keldan_*

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:13 PM

I like Llolth, myself. Rather Celtic-sounding.

Like a big ol' spider-butt? :oops:

Yurgh. Just as nasty as I would've imagined her.

Ooh, creepeh.

“Hmm… you will rain much chaos and death on this place.” She said not taking her foot away but their surroundings shifted back to Ust Natha. “And I will make a deal with you. Unless you think seeing me naked is enough for you.” She put her hands on her hips.

Personally, I could've done without it. :D

“I will leave the heretic alone and happy if you perform a service for me.” Lloth stepped off Groder and sat down again. Groder dragged himself up in a sitting position.

Run, Groder, run! She's gonna make you trim her fangs or something!

:twisted: Wow, she's actually helping him... that makes me suspicious. Nobody helps an adventurer unless they're getting paid well or if they can't possibly avoid it.

About an hour passed after the party had finished their breakfast when Phaere finally appeared. She had opted out of the armour she had worn the day before and appeared in before them in very high silted skirt and spider silk top combination.

Complete with gaping holes to show off her "assets," am I right? :twisted:

I know a certain pink-haired mage who'd be happy to help, Sola. :lol:

“I do.” The bard answered and stood. Phaere hooked her arm into his and promptly guided him towards the exit. She cast a final baleful glance at Solaufein whom had found chewing the remains of his food in a violent manner to be his new vocation.

Ah, poor Solaufein. Then again, poor Haer'Dalis.

“Fitting then since he does the same.” Jaheira commented dryly.

I'm sure Haer'Dalis, were he here, would insist that he can last just as long as the next Drow pleasure-slave. :wink:

Groder was about to speak up but then remembered that he had to obey Viconia. He watched his four female companions get up, say goodbye and leave. The he began glaring at Solaufein whom glared right back.

I can feel the love.

That's... pretty unlikely.

“I heard Phaere has her claws in yet another male, the one that came with the foreigners.” Istrovir went on. “It must piss you of something fierce to see her with a new male every week.”

And they say it's women who are the gossips. :evil:

Istrovir growled and seemed to be about to advance. Solaufein watched as Groder grabbed a bar of soap and threw it squarely into Istovirs face. The boy behind the scarred Drow chuckled and was rewarded with a smack across the face. Istrovir growled again. The other patrons had noticed the disturbance and many were openly laughing at Istrovir.

Quick, everyone, point and laugh!

Um... hi?

The look on Solaufein`s face made Groder have to suppress laughter. The boy then hooked his arm in the older Drow`s free arm.

Talk about mean. :)

“Wait up!” Groder called after Solaufein and got out of the bath then ran after the warrior.

I hope they both at least get dressed before going back out into the city. :)

#5 Guest_Tenfoot_*

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:19 PM

Drow swarmed beneath him, living their lives like small grey and white ants. A naked drow woman squatted by his side. Shadows shifted behind her giving of the impression of something huge and not the lithe woman beside him

I like this opening a lot. It does feel kind of dreamlike, and surreal in the description.

Ominous. :twisted: I like the description of the similar smiles. It really brings Groder's character to the fore, as reflected by the established deity.

“Perhaps you would like a personal tour of the city, Haer`Dalis?”

“I do.” The bard answered and stood. Phaere hooked her arm into his and promptly guided him towards the exit.

I like how you've given an NPC a bit of a usually Pc-only storyline. And it does highlight Haer'Dalis' personality, doesn't it? :twisted:

The so I can keep an eye on you three part was left unspoken.

I like this. A very subtle interaction, and it brings the sense of drow schemes and plans to the fore.

Groder reflected on the fact that he seemed to instantly share Solaufein`s dislike for this Istrovir. Solaufein stopped half way up and glanced at Groder. Real amusement played in his eyes.

Ah, a connection. And Groder's insults made me chuckle. :oops:

#6 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:56 AM

(1) I loved the dream at the beginning. It was very unconventional, very out there, and a very good scene. And the slightly pervy vibes only added to the taste, I think.

Thank you. The surreal is neat sometimes!

Also, it's very, very satisfying to see that the last chapter's last moment was more than a moment. I.e. that Groder is willing to stand up to Lloth for Viconia's sake. Although I hope that he will be intelligent enough to watch his back when he offs Sendai... Lloth isn't really known for keeping to her promises, is she? :twisted:

Thank you. And yes, trusting Lloth may not be the shinest of ideas. We shall see what Groder does eh?

(2) I also like the small follow on the Imoen subquest

although she flicks two things within two sentences, and for a moment, you left me stumped who 'the mage' was. 'She' would have worked better.

Ah, I missed that. Immy shall continue on her mission of conquest!

(3) And while I cannot say I really enjoyed the last scene - it was more like, 'get out of there, you two, NOW!' - I am intrigued by it.

So, all in all, I suppose I loved the chapter... Certainly, I'm curious! :oops:

So who woke those feelings? Istrovir or Ruzun? :twisted:

Thank you for commenting as always.

#7 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:04 AM

Apparently, she's Lloth in Menzoberrazan and Lolth everywhere else. I'm not sure what is best, as one sounds like d00dspeak and the other sounds Welsh :)

I think I prefer Lloth. Lolth sounds far too much like L33t-speak. :twisted:

Cree-eepy!

Isn`t she though?

What a perfect nasty little detail :)

Thank you. She is kind of nasty.

And the smiling is about as creepy as the body language, knowing who this goddess is.

I figured it would be. Lloth smiling can`t be good.

Ah, there's her real face. Or a more real face, at least.

Yep, she can play but when when she gets angry...

I smell a million strings attached!

(Poor Sendai, I guess she's even more offensive than Viconia)

Maybe so and Sendai wants to be a godess, I imagine that it is the highest offense to Lloth.

It's just as well that Groder looks so extremely young, otherwise questioning why one might want to visit a bath house might look even more odd :evil:

Ha ha... yes! But Solaufein is truthful, he just wants to get the days of inaction over with.

:twisted:

*bows*

:D

Well, what is he supposed to think. :oops:

A 'deviant'?

Just annoying in Solas eyes. :wink:

:lol:

Glad you liked it!

#8 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:18 AM

[quote][quote]Seen a few different spellings of Lloth so I will use this one from now on, Lolth just sound too much like lol-th. Not much happening here, we will get to see what the girls get up to in the next chapter![/quote]

I like Llolth, myself. Rather Celtic-sounding.
[/quote]

It kind of is. As I said Lolth sounds like L33t-speak.

[quote]
[quote]More dreams. Groder sat high up on a walkway leading between two huge stalactites. Drow swarmed beneath him, living their lives like small grey and white ants. A naked drow woman squatted by his side. Shadows shifted behind her giving of the impression of something huge and not the lithe woman beside him.[/quote]

Like a big ol' spider-butt? :oops:
[/quote]

Lloth: Spiderbody, BODY. My butt is not big.

[quote]
[quote]“You should.” The goddess agreed, the smile never leaving her face. “I do not manifest myself to anyone and especially not to surfacers.” Lloth shifted and sat down on the walkway. The goddess pulled up her knees to her naked chest and also split her legs a bit in a gesture of perverse innocence.[/quote]

Yurgh. Just as nasty as I would've imagined her.
[/quote]

I thought she was. ;)

[quote]
[quote]“Could I persuade you otherwise? A deal?” He found himself blurting out.

The goddess demeanour changed in the blink of an eye. Her beautiful face turned into a mask of anger. Around them the dream world twisted and changed from the towers and platforms to an endless sea of giant spider webs. Groder found himself sitting in the sticky webs and also found that he had trouble moving about.[/quote]

Ooh, creepeh.
[/quote]

Thank you.

[quote]“Hmm… you will rain much chaos and death on this place.” She said not taking her foot away but their surroundings shifted back to Ust Natha. “And I will make a deal with you. Unless you think seeing me naked is enough for you.” She put her hands on her hips.[/quote]

Personally, I could've done without it. ;)
[/quote]

Well, you are not a sixteen year old boy. ;)

[quote]
[quote]“I will leave the heretic alone and happy if you perform a service for me.” Lloth stepped off Groder and sat down again. Groder dragged himself up in a sitting position.[/quote]

Run, Groder, run! She's gonna make you trim her fangs or something!
[/quote]

:wink:

I thought that Selvetarm did all that? Funny idea though. ;)

[quote]
[quote]“If you live and leave the Underdark you will eventually cross paths with another godchild, she is Drow and thinks herself to become a goddess. I will lend you a weapon and you will kill her with my weapon and in my name.”[/quote]

:twisted: Wow, she's actually helping him... that makes me suspicious. Nobody helps an adventurer unless they're getting paid well or if they can't possibly avoid it.
[/quote]

Well, she gets dead heretics out of it and the satisfaction that she will be invoked during the kill.

[quote]About an hour passed after the party had finished their breakfast when Phaere finally appeared. She had opted out of the armour she had worn the day before and appeared in before them in very high silted skirt and spider silk top combination.[/quote]

Complete with gaping holes to show off her "assets," am I right? :twisted:
[/quote]

I had though of adding that but it made her seem even more tacky. ;)

[quote]
[quote]“But I don’t want to relax.” Solaufein said.[/quote]

I know a certain pink-haired mage who'd be happy to help, Sola. ;)
[/quote]

Oh yes! ;)

[quote]
[quote]“I do.” The bard answered and stood. Phaere hooked her arm into his and promptly guided him towards the exit. She cast a final baleful glance at Solaufein whom had found chewing the remains of his food in a violent manner to be his new vocation.[/quote]

Ah, poor Solaufein. Then again, poor Haer'Dalis.
[/quote]

Ol Haer will enjoy himself mosty likely.

[quote]
[quote]“Fitting then since he does the same.” Jaheira commented dryly.[/quote]

I'm sure Haer'Dalis, were he here, would insist that he can last just as long as the next Drow pleasure-slave. :evil:
[/quote]

He would insist that he would last longer. ;)

[quote]
[quote]Groder was about to speak up but then remembered that he had to obey Viconia. He watched his four female companions get up, say goodbye and leave. The he began glaring at Solaufein whom glared right back.[/quote]

I can feel the love.
[/quote]

It will be some time before they even seem to get along.

[quote]
[quote]“It is for relaxing, maybe I will even forget you are there.” The Drow smiled slightly.[/quote]

That's... pretty unlikely.
[/quote]

The forgetting part?

[quote]
[quote]“I heard Phaere has her claws in yet another male, the one that came with the foreigners.” Istrovir went on. “It must piss you of something fierce to see her with a new male every week.”[/quote]

And they say it's women who are the gossips. :)
[/quote]

I imagine that the men are equally large gossips in Drow society where information is such a commodity.

[quote]
[quote]Istrovir growled and seemed to be about to advance. Solaufein watched as Groder grabbed a bar of soap and threw it squarely into Istovirs face. The boy behind the scarred Drow chuckled and was rewarded with a smack across the face. Istrovir growled again. The other patrons had noticed the disturbance and many were openly laughing at Istrovir.[/quote]

Quick, everyone, point and laugh!
[/quote]

:D

[quote]
[quote]A tall lean Drow had sat down on the edge opposite of the two. His ears were pierced with several tacky ruby earrings.[/quote]

Um... hi?
[/quote]

Ruzun: *purring* Hello...

[quote]
[quote]The look on Solaufein`s face made Groder have to suppress laughter. The boy then hooked his arm in the older Drow`s free arm.[/quote]

Talk about mean. :)
[/quote]

Groder knows when to take his chances!

[quote]
[quote]“Wait up!” Groder called after Solaufein and got out of the bath then ran after the warrior.[/quote]

I hope they both at least get dressed before going back out into the city. :D[/quote]

Well, of course. :lol:

#9 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:21 AM

Drow swarmed beneath him, living their lives like small grey and white ants. A naked drow woman squatted by his side. Shadows shifted behind her giving of the impression of something huge and not the lithe woman beside him

I like this opening a lot. It does feel kind of dreamlike, and surreal in the description.

Thank you.

Ominous. :twisted: I like the description of the similar smiles. It really brings Groder's character to the fore, as reflected by the established deity.

*bows*

“Perhaps you would like a personal tour of the city, Haer`Dalis?”

“I do.” The bard answered and stood. Phaere hooked her arm into his and promptly guided him towards the exit.

I like how you've given an NPC a bit of a usually Pc-only storyline. And it does highlight Haer'Dalis' personality, doesn't it? :twisted:

I figured Phaere would not be very intersted in Groder so it got to be Haer instead. He won´t mind I am sure.

The so I can keep an eye on you three part was left unspoken.

I like this. A very subtle interaction, and it brings the sense of drow schemes and plans to the fore.

Well, she is the one that has to keep it togheter.

Groder reflected on the fact that he seemed to instantly share Solaufein`s dislike for this Istrovir. Solaufein stopped half way up and glanced at Groder. Real amusement played in his eyes.

Ah, a connection. And Groder's insults made me chuckle. :oops:

Thank you for commenting.

#10 Guest_Tyriel_*

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:30 PM

As the drow would say, Lloth tlu malla; jal ultrinnan zhah xundus. Such is the way of the Spider Queen. She can be coy if the whim strikes her, though that doesn't change the fact that she is tainted to the core and has been since her fall as Araushnee. Until the end of her days, she will be a cruel, sadistic, vindictive, and utterly corrupted deity.

The Coronal of Arvandor should have killed her when he had the chance, but then that would have made him sink to her level. I suppose it couldn't be helped. Despite the depth of Araushnee's utter treachery, the First of the Seldarine still loved her.

Trying to bargain with Lloth was rather daring, or knowing Groder, rather idiotic. Jal khaless zhah waela. That applies especially to the Queen of the Demonweb Pits, she who was once beloved of Corellon Larethian.

Still, these two go together in a strange way. Like Lloth, Groder is also tainted to the core.

#11 Guest_CrazeeFfan_*

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:11 AM

That's a good point. It *is* odd for her to bargain with a surfacer - he's extremely luck she hasn't exposed him though. She's not exactly the reliable type.

She must like him quite a lot to say that! :twisted:

"Spider garments are all the craze in Ust-Natha!" - or probably anywhere with drow.

Walking off alone with Phaere? Always a good decision, HD... :twisted: Though, you may be safe - you're a looker, and lookers go far in the Underdark.

“I suppose we should see some of the city then.” She told the three other women. “Solaufein can keep an eye on Groder while we take a look around.” The so I can keep an eye on you three part was left unspoken.

:oops:

As they walked down the streets of Ust Natha Groder stopped to look at something every few feet and in the end Solaufein was practically dragging the youth with him. After a while they stopped before a semi busy looking building. The streets were rather busy as well and Groder wondered what the time really was. There was obviously no sun and the stalagmite Viconia had said told the time, he had no hope of deciphering.

Did you make that or up or is that some Drow fact I'm unaware of? Either way: Impressive!

The bathhouse proper consisted of round basins sunk into the stone floor; a slight steam hovered in the entire room. To Groder`s surprise the place was pretty crowded and again he wondered what the time really was. Drow crowded in the basins and on benches. The youth noted that they were all male and raised curious eyebrow.

I'd make a crack but in Drow society, the woman aren't exactly pleasant.

Well, it had to happen sometime...

... No comment.

I'm guessing Haer'Dalis wouldn't be complaining too much! At least, not about Groder. Anyone in their right mind would complain about that other guy.

I'd just leave him there as punishment. He's not exactly defenseless...

I wouldn't say this chapter had not much happening. It was one of those necessary ones setting up for the next chapter. And it was a good one at that!

#12 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:05 AM

As the drow would say, Lloth tlu malla; jal ultrinnan zhah xundus. Such is the way of the Spider Queen. She can be coy if the whim strikes her, though that doesn't change the fact that she is tainted to the core and has been since her fall as Araushnee. Until the end of her days, she will be a cruel, sadistic, vindictive, and utterly corrupted deity.

That she will be the wicked little schemer.

The Coronal of Arvandor should have killed her when he had the chance, but then that would have made him sink to her level. I suppose it couldn't be helped. Despite the depth of Araushnee's utter treachery, the First of the Seldarine still loved her.

Lloth: Well, you can`t fault a gal for trying... I mean all that power... right there...

Trying to bargain with Lloth was rather daring, or knowing Groder, rather idiotic. Jal khaless zhah waela. That applies especially to the Queen of the Demonweb Pits, she who was once beloved of Corellon Larethian.

Still, these two go together in a strange way. Like Lloth, Groder is also tainted to the core.

Yes, she would not be one to keep her word or bargins. We shall see if Groder has made a mistake or not...

As always, thank you for commenting.

#13 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:16 AM

That's a good point. It *is* odd for her to bargain with a surfacer - he's extremely luck she hasn't exposed him though. She's not exactly the reliable type.

Reliable she is not as you say but I do think she likes to play her little games and here she has an almost willing participant.

She must like him quite a lot to say that! :evil:

Well, she does want to see what he will get up too. Not too invested in it though.

"Spider garments are all the craze in Ust-Natha!" - or probably anywhere with drow.

There are not many other sources of well anything down there to be used as clothing so...

Walking off alone with Phaere? Always a good decision, HD... :twisted: Though, you may be safe - you're a looker, and lookers go far in the Underdark.

HD will be in good hands. :lol:

:lol:

Well, she has to plan eh?

Did you make that or up or is that some Drow fact I'm unaware of? Either way: Impressive!

Well, they have Narbondel (sp?) in Menzoberassan that tells the time, I would assume the other Drow cities have something similar or telling the passage of time would most likely be somewhat... hard for them...

I'd make a crack but in Drow society, the woman aren't exactly pleasant.

I imagine a few males are driven into the arms of other males due to the wat their society is built. I don`t think the Drow shy away from same sex realationships though.

Well, it had to happen sometime...

Yep. :shock:

... No comment.

Heh heh... :shock:

I'm guessing Haer'Dalis wouldn't be complaining too much! At least, not about Groder. Anyone in their right mind would complain about that other guy.

Aw, Ruzun isn`t that bad is he?

I'd just leave him there as punishment. He's not exactly defenseless...

That would just be cruel. :lol:

I wouldn't say this chapter had not much happening. It was one of those necessary ones setting up for the next chapter. And it was a good one at that!

Thank you but I am afraid that unless I add some more to the next one that it will be a talk talk chapter as well. :shock:

#14 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:03 AM

I always thought it was Lolth. But nevermind, it’s not that it really matters.

What’s the easiest way to get Groder do what you want him to do? Flash your boobs, and he’s hooked. :cry:

“Yes, she defied me once; she continues to defy me, refusing to make a sacrifice and worshiping a surface goddess.” The offence the goddess felt was evident in her voice.

Hell hath no fury like a goddess scorned.

“You presume to think you can make deals with me?” The goddess roared at him, she stood now towering over him. Behind her the large shadows moved and twisted. “You presume to command a favour of me!? For an og'elend elg'caress!?”

Mmm yes, Groder isn’t exactly in a good position to make deals. :twisted:

Hmm, Sendai might be in for a bit of a trouble here.

“Ah, there you are.” She said as if it was she that had been waiting for them and not the other way around. Her gaze lingered openly on Haer`Dalis as she sat down.

You’re in for a disappointment, Phaere. :shock:

What an utter, utter sour-faced bore. /yawn

I sense much love between the two.

“I might as well take advantage of what has been given me.” The Drow replied and got up to leave. He motioned for Groder to do the same.

I think he actually wanted to relax as well, it’s just that he’s such a whiner that he had to mope and complain about it all day long.

“They have you baby sitting now, Solaufein?” The scarred Drow laughed. “It is almost cute.” Then he looked at Groder. “So this is the runt that slew a devourer?”

Oh… I think this is from the same alley as the ‘oh there is the group of adventurers who just returned from killing a red dragon, let’s go over and start insulting them’ idea.

Oh, and it does too. :twisted:

“What?” The bhaalspawn replied. “You heard me or were the words to hard? Look them up in a reference book.” Then Groder made a sad face. “Wait, I forgot you probably can’t read.”

Ah, glorious male behavior. Soon they will descend to the level of ape and go ‘Ooook-oook-ooook!’ and start throwing poo at one another.

He could manage another lucky shot, you know.

Heh. They are very, very silly. :shock:

#15 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:47 AM

I always thought it was Lolth. But nevermind, it’s not that it really matters.

Yep, As I said I saw a few ways of spelling it.

What’s the easiest way to get Groder do what you want him to do? Flash your boobs, and he’s hooked. :)

He he... You are probably right. :twisted:

Hell hath no fury like a goddess scorned.

Especially one that takes it so very seriously!

Mmm yes, Groder isn’t exactly in a good position to make deals. :shock:

Nope, his foot in mouth isn`t a convinient disease though.

Hmm, Sendai might be in for a bit of a trouble here.

Oh yes. Thinking to be a godess? That is some high heresy there.

You’re in for a disappointment, Phaere. :shock:

Phaere: Really?

What an utter, utter sour-faced bore. /yawn

Heh... I can kind of understand him though. Lotsa bad blood there.

I sense much love between the two.

In the "Oh no how horrid" kind of way. :cry:

I think he actually wanted to relax as well, it’s just that he’s such a whiner that he had to mope and complain about it all day long.

If it had been anyone but Phaere that had ordered it...

Oh… I think this is from the same alley as the ‘oh there is the group of adventurers who just returned from killing a red dragon, let’s go over and start insulting them’ idea.

But there would be so much missed if that category of people didn`t exist. :lol:

Oh, and it does too. :twisted:

Indeed it does!

Ah, glorious male behavior. Soon they will descend to the level of ape and go ‘Ooook-oook-ooook!’ and start throwing poo at one another.

Groder: Surely not! Good heavens man!

He could manage another lucky shot, you know.

Sola would disagree with you. :)

Heh. They are very, very silly. :)

They are. It is funny. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com