Misery & Happiness 36

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:25 AM

Chapter 36: Slipping Away

It was just Edwin and Anni, him in red robes, that almost looked his own (They seemed to be very expensive) and her in the robes Edwina had been wearing. They were Anni’s but they had been stretched in the chest area. They first had gone up to their rooms in the Copper Coronet, finding the room still locked as they left them. She used a spell to unlock the room that belonged to Edwin and her.

Inside they found everything they way they had left it. Her weapons were where she had left them including her healing supplies. She went over to the bed and was sorting out what she needed. She felt hands on her back, his body pressing against hers. She froze, not knowing what to say or do, he leaned over her and pressed his chest to her back, his arms circling her waist.

He started to nip the back of her neck and he knew she couldn’t help the little sounds she made. His hands came up and cupped her breasts and gently massaged them. Despite her scarred body he found her attractive (He did have a thing for half-elves). He had been with women who had far worse scars. From what he had heard, hers came from two people whose names evoked anger in him. He didn’t know why, but it did. He didn’t care for the others they were suppose to be rescuing, he cared more about sating himself.

As he turned her around and started on the laces on her robes, his mind didn’t stay focused on his task. He was working on automatic as he thought. He had no reason to stay with the group, he knew they were on a quest to rescue Imoen and destroy Irenicus and Bodhi, but really what did it hold for him? He couldn’t take her back to Thay, therefor he couldn’t go back to Thay. Especially since he had killed Degardan to protect the Bhaalspawn. He remembered that much. The City of Coin wasn’t welcoming to wizards, he didn’t know where to go. There may be profit in following her group, there would definitely be fulfilling of lust with her. There would also be power and he loved power in his hands more than anything.

He bent down and kissed her roughly, giving up on undoing her robes. His hands went to his own robes and undid the lower buttons. Then he walked her towards to the wall. He easily picked her up, pulling her robes up to her waist, and found her ready for him. She broke the kiss and cried out as his first stroke slammed her against the wall.

“Edwin! Ah, I don’t think-“ She gasped.

“Good, let’s keep it this way.” He kissed her again. He made love (Why did he kept calling it that!?) to her against the wall, he was more gentle to her than he was with most women. He didn’t know why, but remembering the scars he felt the need for some gentleness, but not that much. When he finished he rested his head on her shoulder, breathing deeply. Being with her was an experience. He had felt something again while being with her. He didn’t know what to call this something. He kissed her again while he composed himself. He held her up until her legs were steady enough to hold her. “Can you hold your own?” He asked of her.

“Yeah I think so.” She smiled at him uncertainly. “That...um... was nice.” A blush came over her cheeks.

“I didn’t hurt you, did I?” He asked for some reason unknown to him.

“No, I enjoyed it.” Her blush increased, especially when he chuckled.

“You like it rough then? I’ll have to remember that.”

She looked at him with veiled eyes and whispered softly. “I like many a thing rough, you just never asked.”

“Not that I remember, how remiss of me. I noticed your technique on top was lacking, how many men have you slept with prior to me? ( I can hardly imagine her a harlot, but the demure ones are always wild.)”

“Just you. You were my first.” She admitted shyly. He had to smile, he couldn’t ever remember being a woman’s first. Mostly of the women he slept with were highly trained and he didn’t sleep much. He still had his body against hers. Edwin couldn’t help it as he kissed her. So he had been her first? That added a bonus to traveling with her. He could train her exactly as he saw fit. He could tell she was eager to please, one of those do gooder types. This would indeed be a profitable situation. Of course he would have to convince her not to send her home. He knew a spell... He, of course, would be strong enough to resist the spell’s back lash.

---

Anni was drowning in guilt and lust. She knew she shouldn’t be taking advantage of Edwin like this. But it felt too good, too right. They had started at early morning and by time he had his fill it was noon. He was amazing! Each time she didn’t think she could go any farther, he would push her, forcing her to go more than she had ever. As far as losing his memory went, it was great for her sex life. Never had she felt so much pleasure. Or did so many things with him. When they were finally finished, she could barely believe it all. They didn’t speak and she couldn’t really look at him. They straightened out their clothing and head downstairs.

Lehtinan didn’t know about Anni or the other women being sold as he didn’t recognize Anni. He did direct them to the back to enjoy the pleasure chambers or the pit fighting. They agreed to try the pits first. They sat with the nobles, a few of the women giving Edwin apprising looks, while disregarding Anni. They watched as a dwarf came out of the back with only a dagger on him.

“I will not fight! This is barbaric! How can you allow this practice to continue?” The dwarf yelled.

“You are a slave! You will fight or die! Or you can just die without fighting but put on a show for our guests!” The ring announcer said. They watched as a troll was released and tore the dwarf apart.

“Bah! This is the worse slave fighting I’ve ever seen. (I much prefer when there’s more of a fight.)” Edwin commented as they walked away. “At least give them something to fight for. (Or trick them into thinking there’s something to fight for.)”

“Edwin, slavery is horrible for any reason!” Anni told him in a surprised whisper.

“You do know that slavery is practiced in Thay, do you not?”

“Yes but-“

“Let us just finish this.” They walked down back to the way they came and found another door that was guarded. “Let’s see what’s behind door number one, shall we?” Edwin motioned for her to wait. He walked up to the guard and engaged the man in conversation. They were laughing as they entered the door. He looked back and motioned her to follow. Inside she found him covering the man’s mouth as he kissed him, Edwin’s hand went to his dagger and slit the man’s throat. He held the man’s mouth until he struggled no more and dropped him.

Edwin turned around, wiping blood off his lips and just waited for her to say something. She was shocked, she had never seen Edwin kiss a man, much less kill on with his own dagger. “The ends justify the means.” He simply said and started down the hallway.

“Taking of life is never justified.”

“How else do you suppose we would have gotten down here? Charm your way in? Hardly.” He scoffed. “There are quicker ways. After all, isn’t the belief that life comes from death?”

“Yes, but-“

“No buts then. Let us continue.” She didn’t know what to say, so she agreed. In the back they found the cells for the slaves.

“Ah ha! I told you my witch would come! And here she is with the evil wizard! Eh? But what is this? She’s a he again.” Minsc said as saw them.

“My lady ‘tis good to see you again!”

“This is good, I can’t seem to pick the locks anyhow.” Edwin didn’t know who the foreigner was but he took an instant dislike to him.

“I’m so glad you guys are okay! Now how do we get you out?” Anni said as she ran over to their cell and then she noticed something. First it was only the three men and little children inside but it was more than that. The door wasn’t locked. Anni crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. “Do you three realize that the door is unlocked?” The men hung their heads. She noticed that all of them, including the children, were wearing some sort of collar. “What are these collars?”

“They are used in Thay to discourage new slaves. They explode if the slave tries to escape.”

“How bad of an explosion?”

“Enough to kill only them. It's usually considered better to harm a single slave as an example than to punish many equally (which lowers morale).”

“What do your people do with slaves then?” Anni asked aghast.

“Red Wizards who need live subjects for their latest spells use slaves as part of their experiments. Even should the slave become useless in all possible tasks as a result of this experimentation, it's forbidden to free slaves (the penalty is enslavement). As a result, ruined slaves often are either encouraged to become parents or are killed. Children resulting from any slaves are automatically slaves belonging to the owner of their parents.” Edwin rambled off, not noticing the look of horror on Anni’s face.

“Do you own slaves Edwin?”

“Not at this time, I assume that once I have made enough by traveling with you, I will return and buy and breed my own slaves.”

“Thay is an evil place with evil people!” Minsc exclaimed.

“Oh? Rashemen is better? As I recall, males with magical abilities are taken away from their families and forced to become vremyonni.” Edwin snipped.

“No! Minsc would know of such a thing!”

“Your Wychlaran would have known of such a thing. After all it is for them that the vremyonni slave away for.”

“No! Minsc refuses to believe the evil lies of the evil wizard. Dynaheir was good! Dynaheir would never hurt anyone.” Minsc was becoming increasingly angry. The others could only watch as Edwin infuriated him further. He started to say something more and Anni tuned him out and concentrated inwards.

Her eyes bled to black and she could see what she wanted now. She very rarely used this ability, as useful as it was, it was a Bhaal power. Using it opened her up to the taint but she felt she had to know. It was much like her infravision, except this allowed her to see auras. She looked at Minsc and smiled as she saw he was as green as always, Yoshi was blue, a true dark blue while Anomen was a lighter blue. Then it came down to Edwin, she had to force herself to look as she was scared to find out the truth. Deep, blood red. No hints of the blue he once held. “Her” Edwin was gone and in his place was a true Red Wizard.

-YOU CAN BRING HIM BACK. WITH HIS PAST LIFE HIDDEN DEEP INSIDE, YOU CAN BRING BACK THE ONE YOU ONCE KNEW.- Bhaal whispered to her

‘What if he’s been hiding his true self all this time? I don’t think I like this person that he is now.’

-I AM A GOD OF DEATH, NOT OF TRUTH OR LOVE. YOU MUST JUDGE FOR YOURSELF.- Bhaal quietly went away.

“Edwin, stop agonizing Minsc.” Anni quietly but firmly told him. When he didn’t, she lost her temper and backhanded him. “You will listen to me. I am the leader here, not you, wizard.” She shocked herself and the others. Edwin turned on her, pushing her against the wall where the others could not see.

“Next time you raise a hand to me, it had better be in foreplay. Otherwise I will retaliate. ( This weakling thinks she can take on me? Hardly.)” He had his hands gently around her throat.

~Kill him~ Something that was not Bhaal, whispered in her mind. She shook her head free of the voice and the compulsion away. She crossed her arms and glared at Edwin.

“Edwin, why are you picking a fight with Minsc? What do you personally have against Rashemen?”

“They are the enemies of Thay.” Edwin sounded confused, his brow scrunched up tight.

“I know that, but what has Minsc or his Wychlaran do to you?”

“Do not say that word!” He hissed as his hands tightened on Anni’s neck, she put her hands over his and gently pried them apart. “I hate Wychlarans! (All the harm they do!) They took away his power because he refused to be their slave and of all things, they planned to bred him! It took a long time for me to realize what they meant but I remembered.” He said in a small whisper as he didn’t want the others overhearing.

“Who Edwin? Who did they do this to?” She asked him quietly.

“I can’t see him anymore Anni, I can’t even remember his name.”

“Who was it that raised you?” She was scared of the answer.

“I remember my father but that is all.”

“What of Elvira? And Dekaras? Can you remember them?” He closed his eyes and took a steadying breath.

“I know those names but I do not know them.” He opened his eyes and looked at Anni with loss. “Those names remind me of the holes in my memory. It hurts.” He leaned down and surprised her by kissing her. “It doesn’t feel as bad when I’m with you. I don’t know why.” He whispered against her lips.

“Oh, Edwin.” She kissed him and held him for a moment long enough that they heard the others clearing their throats. “Let’s free the others, and then we can talk more. Okay?” He nodded. They walked over to the others and discuss the best way for them to get rid of the collars and free all of them.

Edwin suggest that there would be an orb, much like with the thralls they encountered when freed Haer’Dalis, they would need to find it and destroy it. Yoshimo suggested that it might be with the beast master and gave them the details of the beast pens. They walked to the empty pits and were facing an entry that wasn’t well lit, but they could make out a human and a tiger.

“Do you have Fireball memorized?” Edwin asked quietly.

“Yes, several in fact. Why?”

“We are going to stand here out of sight and send a few in there to deal with the beast master and his pets. Then we will pick from the corpses.” It was a good idea, after all it was just the two of them. Both of them started chanting, quickly releasing two fireballs from their hands. Anni peered in and saw the tiger was dead and there was something blue shining in the darkness. Hands grabbed her back just as the shine became an explosion. Blue flames poured out of the entry, almost catching the two of them.

“What was that?!” Anni gasped as the flames died.

“Most likely the slaving orb. The others should be free now.” She smiled at him and he felt that feeling again. They headed back and on the way out of the pits, an angry looking Minsc was headed their way. The others trailed behind him with worried looks on their faces.

“Minsc are you alright?” Anni asked knowing the look in his eyes. It was the last thing that she said as the punch he threw at Edwin caught her in the jaw, knocking her out.

#2 Laufey

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:30 AM

He bent down and kissed her roughly, giving up on undoing her robes. His hands went to his own robes and undid the lower buttons. Then he walked her towards to the wall. He easily picked her up, pulling her robes up to her waist, and found her ready for him. She broke the kiss and cried out as his first stroke slammed her against the wall.

In a way this is a hot scene, but it is also quite creepy since he isn't himself and doesn't know who she is.

At least part of his better side is still there. Buried, but not destroyed.

“Just you. You were my first.” She admitted shyly. He had to smile, he couldn’t ever remember being a woman’s first. Mostly of the women he slept with were highly trained and he didn’t sleep much. He still had his body against hers. Edwin couldn’t help it as he kissed her. So he had been her first? That added a bonus to traveling with her. He could train her exactly as he saw fit. He could tell she was eager to please, one of those do gooder types. This would indeed be a profitable situation. Of course he would have to convince her not to send her home. He knew a spell... He, of course, would be strong enough to resist the spell’s back lash.

Of course Eddie. Of course. :twisted:

Edwin turned around, wiping blood off his lips and just waited for her to say something. She was shocked, she had never seen Edwin kiss a man, much less kill on with his own dagger. “The ends justify the means.” He simply said and started down the hallway.

I am a bit surprised he'd use physical weapons myself. What was his reason for this?

“Oh? Rashemen is better? As I recall, males with magical abilities are taken away from their families and forced to become vremyonni.” Edwin snipped.

Actually you wouldn't. It's hardly as if the leaders of the country would want their dirty secrets to be known to the public.

~Kill him~ Something that was not Bhaal, whispered in her mind. She shook her head free of the voice and the compulsion away. She crossed her arms and glared at Edwin.

“Edwin, why are you picking a fight with Minsc? What do you personally have against Rashemen?”

Oh that is well done. Make him use his brain a little.

“Do not say that word!” He hissed as his hands tightened on Anni’s neck, she put her hands over his and gently pried them apart. “I hate Wychlarans! (All the harm they do!) They took away his power because he refused to be their slave and of all things, they planned to bred him! It took a long time for me to realize what they meant but I remembered.” He said in a small whisper as he didn’t want the others overhearing.

Aaaah so he does remember this much. He just needs to have his memory jolted a bit more, I think.
Rogues do it from behind.

#3 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:10 PM

In a way this is a hot scene, but it is also quite creepy since he isn't himself and doesn't know who she is.

All Edwin knows is that she's willing and that's about all that matters at this point.

At least part of his better side is still there. Buried, but not destroyed.

He's still there, somewhere

Of course Eddie. Of course. ;)

Yes of course. :twisted:

I am a bit surprised he'd use physical weapons myself. What was his reason for this?

Quieter. And he's taking out some anger out on others.

Actually you wouldn't. It's hardly as if the leaders of the country would want their dirty secrets to be known to the public.

Minsc: Minsc would know! His leaders are good! Not like the EVIL wizards!

Oh that is well done. Make him use his brain a little.

Anni: Just trying to keep the peace.

Aaaah so he does remember this much. He just needs to have his memory jolted a bit more, I think.

He just can't remember who "he" is.

#4 Weyoun

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:07 PM

As he turned her around and started on the laces on her robes, his mind didn’t stay focused on his task. He was working on automatic as he thought. He had no reason to stay with the group, he knew they were on a quest to rescue Imoen and destroy Irenicus and Bodhi, but really what did it hold for him? He couldn’t take her back to Thay, therefor he couldn’t go back to Thay. Especially since he had killed Degardan to protect the Bhaalspawn. He remembered that much. The City of Coin wasn’t welcoming to wizards, he didn’t know where to go. There may be profit in following her group, there would definitely be fulfilling of lust with her. There would also be power and he loved power in his hands more than anything.

I bet he also loves the things he's cupping in his hands atm, aside from the power, that is. :(

“Not that I remember, how remiss of me. I noticed your technique on top was lacking, how many men have you slept with prior to me? ( I can hardly imagine her a harlot, but the demure ones are always wild.)”

Laska : *raises eyebrow* Hmmm.... Interesting statement.

Well, she's certainly changed. :(

“They are used in Thay to discourage new slaves. They explode if the slave tries to escape.”

Bad enough to kill Arnie S. :twisted:

‘What if he’s been hiding his true self all this time? I don’t think I like this person that he is now.’

-I AM A GOD OF DEATH, NOT OF TRUTH OR LOVE. YOU MUST JUDGE FOR YOURSELF.- Bhaal quietly went away.

In a way, death is the more honest than truth or love.

“We are going to stand here out of sight and send a few in there to deal with the beast master and his pets. Then we will pick from the corpses.” It was a good idea, after all it was just the two of them. Both of them started chanting, quickly releasing two fireballs from their hands. Anni peered in and saw the tiger was dead and there was something blue shining in the darkness. Hands grabbed her back just as the shine became an explosion. Blue flames poured out of the entry, almost catching the two of them.

Nice! ;)

“Minsc are you alright?” Anni asked knowing the look in his eyes. It was the last thing that she said as the punch he threw at Edwin caught her in the jaw, knocking her out.

Ouch...
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#5 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:00 AM

I bet he also loves the things he's cupping in his hands atm, aside from the power, that is. :twisted:

Edwin: Oh it's both.

Laska : *raises eyebrow* Hmmm.... Interesting statement.

Anni: At least I can count on one hand of how many guys I've slept with... well maybe not the women. :(

Well, she's certainly changed. :(

Anni's never been much of a killer. Except for Sarevok, she's never really faced death head on.

Bad enough to kill Arnie S. ;)

Who?

In a way, death is the more honest than truth or love.

Bhaal: Wise of you.

Nice! ;)

Thank you!

Ouch...

Wait until she wakes up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com