Taming of the Sword (on)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:41 PM

Alaeth must have heavenly patience to have endured Lilarcor all the way to ToB. ;)

I prefer to think that her mind was on other matters, as she is not the patient type.

Then again, she has Jan in her party at this point as well. Let's just say I have reasons to doubt her sanity ;)

Great story!

#22 Guest_Ursula_*

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:23 PM

Hi, Cel. I really enjoyed this. What's that saying--brevity is the soul of wit? I liked how this was long enough to convey the humorous episode (and to indicate that the first part at least--Larry's boasting and verbal annoyances--happened a lot), while short enough to keep it peppy.

"You know, once, long time ago, I was, like, a Moonblade," Lilarcor said in what the sword undoubtedly thought was a suave, casual tone.

Larry, not that type of moon! ;)

"Oh, you wanna wield me? You know you do! Let me nestle in your scabbard

Wow! Nestle is a pretty high-octane vocab word for the likes of Larry!

"That's no way to talk to little Alaeth," Minsc admonished the sword.

But sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

and headed for the corner of the pocket plane where Cespenar usually stayed.

And this is an ingenious way to hint that some tinkering may have been done. :lol:

"Kill... kill..." the sword muttered in a low, monotonous voice.

Hmm, could be Val Kilmer's stunt double then. (Just kidding!)

"Little Alaeth and Larry are agreed, then? Minsc is happy, for we fight best when all heroes are friends!"

"Yes, we are agreed," Alaeth said with a cold smile.

Or when we can dire charm one another.

"Well, I meant it mostly as an enhancement, but you're right, it is kind of pretty," Alaeth said, admiring the way the freshly attached illithid control circlet wound around Lilarcor's hilt.

And I liked how you kept the suspense going 'til the very end. I hadn't the foggiest what Alaeth (and Cessy) had done to Larry until you outright mentioned the control circlet.

Thanks for sharing this.

#23 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:52 AM

Hi, Cel. I really enjoyed this. What's that saying--brevity is the soul of wit? I liked how this was long enough to convey the humorous episode (and to indicate that the first part at least--Larry's boasting and verbal annoyances--happened a lot), while short enough to keep it peppy.

I don't have the patience to write anything longer about that sword :roll:

"You know, once, long time ago, I was, like, a Moonblade," Lilarcor said in what the sword undoubtedly thought was a suave, casual tone.

Larry, not that type of moon! :lol:

:)

"Oh, you wanna wield me? You know you do! Let me nestle in your scabbard

Wow! Nestle is a pretty high-octane vocab word for the likes of Larry!

Just try to imagine him saying it in what he thinks is a saucy voice :wink:

"That's no way to talk to little Alaeth," Minsc admonished the sword.

But sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

True, but it can still be annoying.

and headed for the corner of the pocket plane where Cespenar usually stayed.

And this is an ingenious way to hint that some tinkering may have been done. :(

:twisted:

"Well, I meant it mostly as an enhancement, but you're right, it is kind of pretty," Alaeth said, admiring the way the freshly attached illithid control circlet wound around Lilarcor's hilt.

And I liked how you kept the suspense going 'til the very end. I hadn't the foggiest what Alaeth (and Cessy) had done to Larry until you outright mentioned the control circlet.

Well, I'm sure people who use the Item Upgrade mod knew where I'd be going the moment I mentioned Cespenar, but I am glad it wasn't too obvious otherwise :roll:

Thanks for sharing this.

Thank you for commenting :evil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com