Reclaiming (Maiyn) - Chapter 18

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_arabellaesque_*

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:46 PM

Bounty Hunting

-----------------------

The man was shorter than Coran expected, and more portly. He was almost the polar opposite of the tall, muscled paladin that was scowling at him, although most likely of a similar age.

"Milord Keldorn," he'd said genially, not rising from his chair. "I was hoping you would come."

Aerie and Nalia withdrew from the meeting, quietly making their way to the bar. Coran could see them throwing anxious glances over to the men, and he wanted to go and join them with their drinks. Keldorn had asked him to stay though.

"May I presume, then, that you know why I am here?" asked Keldorn. His voice was level and calm, defying the anger that flashed in his eyes. The elf was impressed by the knight's self control and stood quietly on the fringe of the conversation, letting the men speak freely to each other.

"I was a husband to your wife and a father to your children, if that is what you mean." The man spoke bluntly enough for Coran's eyes to widen slightly, and he pensively glanced to Keldorn. The paladin stood impassively.

"Milady Maria has but one husband, and it is I," Keldorn replied quietly. "As for Vesper and Leona... how dare you defile them with your presence!" The control went, and the human's voice became a venomous hiss. Coran shifted slightly, reminding Keldorn of his presence.

"They yearn for a father," muttered Sir William, staring at his drink. "Any father. Even an impostor off the street in your stead! Be to them in your compassion, what you are to them in blood, Keldorn."

"So says the viper who will sleep in my bed, running his fingers through the spun gold that is her hair? What is it you wish, Sir William? To have a child that is not even yours?"

William snorted. "Unlikely! I have been a spent wick for many years." Slowly he raised his gaze to look at the paladin, but his face was expressionless. "We sought some beauty in the mist of her pain. I wish I could say you would have done the same."

Keldorn sighed, his shoulders slumping slightly. "What am I to do with you? You show no remorse, yet at the same time you are so devoid of malice. What am I to do at all?"

The man stood, holding Keldorn's gaze. "Lady Maria loves you deeply, but without expression, her love withers and dies. I was but a single drop of moisture -- you are the oasis she for which she searches. Love her, and I will be but wind-borne dust."

"Are you asking for my forgiveness?" said Keldorn as the man rose and began to walk away from the table.

"I am not foolish enough to ask for that, Milord. I'd much rather think that one day you will thank me."

Coran watched as he walked to the steps at the far side of the tavern, slowly climbing up to the rooms upstairs. Keldorn sat heavily in one of the seats, holding his head in his hands.

"I once believed with age would come wisdom," he sighed. "But every day I seem to doubt it more. Much as it pains me to admit it, Sir William is right."

Coran signalled to Aerie to bring over two drinks, and he sat beside the paladin in silence until the avariel brought two mugs of ale. Silently, she went back to Nalia, and Keldorn idly held his tankard as Coran sipped from his own.

"Do not judge either of them too harshly," Coran said eventually. "Your faith may suggest you should bring it to the judges, but your heart need not travel the same path."

Keldorn nodded. "I do not know if I can forgive her," he admitted quietly. "She has flaunted this man before my whole household, and..."

"And it is your pride that hurts from that, not your love," said Coran gently.

"And had I not been absent from Lady Maria so often, she would not have..."

"I do not think she would have, no. Her behaviour today displayed nothing but guilt and remorse over her actions, but also the pain of loving someone who couldn't, or wouldn't, be what she wanted."

"She knew when we married!" exclaimed Keldorn.

"And she married you because she loved you. Your time away from her has been harder to bear than she had imagined, or prepared for. Her only crime is to not have told you this before."

Keldorn nodded slowly. "And Sir William?"

"He already knew he would lose in this. Lady Maria was never his; he wished to make her happy, but ultimately, only Lady Maria can make herself happy -- and to do that she needs you. He knows this. He will leave the city, and never return."

Keldorn arched an eyebrow. "You sound so certain of that," he remarked dryly. "One would almost think you spoke from experience."

Coran cleared his throat slightly. "I... I have been in his position, before, yes."

Keldorn's eyebrow rose even further, and his countenance become suspicious. "You have involved yourself with the wives of other men?"

"In the past, yes. It is not something I am proud of now, but each time was different."

"There was more than one?" Keldorn's voice was tingled with fascination and horror. Coran hoped he was doing the right thing.

"Sometimes the Lady would be lonely; her husband would be away a lot. Sometimes she would be mistreated by her spouse, and I would be a small pocket of happiness in her life for a short time. Occasionally I was just excitement, or a break from a mundane existence. When I was young, it didn't matter to me. I didn't believe in 'forever' -- I didn't even believe in 'next week'. Because of that, I could not relate to the husbands at all, so I gave no thought to how they would feel if they found out."

"But now?"

"But now it is different," Coran admitted. "I met two women, two very different women. Both had a large part to play in my growing up. The first was married, but I could not take the responsibility of her leaving her husband. The second was young and carefree. Our coming together was difficult, but we persevered, and I realised I'd made the effort because it was what I wanted."

Keldorn sat silently, and Coran thought for a moment before continuing.

"The first woman was married to a man who had no time for her, and regularly beat her. Had he not mistreated her, she would not have given me a second glance."

"That does not excuse your actions," remarked Keldorn dryly.

"No, no it doesn't," admitted Coran. "At the time I justified it to myself as bringing the joy to these maids who would be miserable otherwise, but I was fooling myself. Their joy could only be found by themselves, and in every occasion I had no part to play in it. Even when they themselves believed I did, I knew I was not what they sought. All I did was compound their worries and fears when they realised I had left, or when their husbands discovered their affairs and learnt I had left in the night."

"You have learnt from your youth." It was a statement, not a question.

"I have. And I trust you have now learnt from yours."

Keldorn's look was cold as their eyes met, but slowly it faded and he gave a mirthless smile. "I believe I am still learning."

"The love of a woman, especially one as devoted as the Lady Maria is to you, is not something to throw away lightly. Especially if you love her with the same passion as she gives to you."

"I would not throw it away," Keldorn sighed. "I should speak with her. I must ask leave of your group until I have discussed this with my wife, and we have settled matters between us; will you permit my absence?"

Coran was startled by the request. "I was not aware you owed us any allegiance in the first place," he said, surprised.

"Perhaps not," smiled Keldorn, "but after your handling of the Cult and your dismissal of the dwarf, I thought you could do with another strong arm in your endeavours."

Coran grinned. "That would have been most appreciated under other circumstances. You need not my permission to return to your wife, because your presence is not tied to us. Spend some time together, and remind each other how to love."

Keldorn rose from his seat and drained his ale before he spoke. "Thank you for your honesty, understanding and your friendship, Milord. Your heart is kind, and your soul is true. I shall not forget it."

Coran smiled, and stood to shake the paladin's hand. "One thing before you go," he said quickly. "You have spent many years in the Order; perhaps it is time to seek a reduction in duties if possible. Lady Maria, Lady Vesper and Lady Leona have supported you as you have played your part for the good of the land; perhaps some show of your devotion to them would not go amiss."

Keldorn nodded. "I had thought about just taking some leave to spend with them, but you are right. I am older now, and there are younger paladins who are as able and as focussed as I once was. The Order will not deny me the chance to spend more time with my family."

Coran nodded, and watched as the knight left the tavern, sitting back down as Aerie and Nalia came over, asking what had happened. He recounted the discussion with them, leaving out the details of his previous dalliances, and the girls expressed their happiness over the happy ending.

"I'm so glad they'll try to work things out!" exclaimed Aerie.

"I'm sure it will work out fine," mused Nalia. "The Firecams have always appeared such a solid family, and I can't see this managing to break up their marriage when the love they have for each other is so strong." Nalia's glance fell to Coran as she spoke, and she reddened suddenly, averting her gaze. Coran pondered her actions, only vaguely noticing Aerie nodding her agreement with the thief's words.

"I need some air," continued Nalia, suddenly, darting from her seat and making a bee-line for the door. Aerie watched her go with surprise, then shrugged helplessly to the elf and followed her friend, leaving Coran to sit alone and wonder at Nalia's behaviour. The frequent blushing whenever he spoke to her was becoming alarmingly familiar to him, and her sudden departure after her passionate words gave him a slightly uneasy feeling. He wondered if he'd just been oblivious to it before, or if he was merely reading her wrongly after all the stress of the morning. Either way, he'd have to work out the answer, and if it was what he hoped it wasn't, he'd have to find a way to sort it out.

Flattered as he was, letting Nalia have a crush on him would only lead to unnecessary complications. Unknowingly encouraging it would be even worse.

-----------------------

Aerie looked unconvinced by the move to return to the Government District to find out news about the bounty Korgan had supposedly heard about. Coran pointed out that if someone was wanted by the Council, they'd maybe done something to deserve it, and surely it would be better if they got to them before the mad dwarf. The avariel relented, and Coran sighed with relief; he didn't want to sit idly, and he wasn't sure what else to do to occupy himself while he waited for Ajantis. Although the De Arnise Keep was comfortable and welcoming, it would give him too much time to think if he spent his days lazing around in its grounds.

He was just glad that Aerie didn't realise there was a chance Council just wanted someone dead because they'd looked at an official the wrong way.

They entered the building and Coran confidently approached the robed man who he'd seen talking to Korgan. He smiled amiably at the man's frown, and bluntly asked if he could be told of the bounty they were seeking to be fulfilled. The man raised a wary eyebrow, and carefully asked what Coran was referring to.

"I came here earlier with Korgan Bloodaxe," smiled Coran. "He said you offered him a bounty, and since we have since... parted ways with him, we thought we would seek you out to find the details for ourselves, and take on the task."

"I see," mused the man, eyeing Coran slowly as if he was determining the elf's true intent. "Well, if you were companions of Korgan, I trust you would be the right kind of... employee that we'd normally do business with. I would not normally give out the nature of the task, but I see our dwarven friend has been kind enough to give you a clue. Before I expand any further upon it, I must know of your commitment to the deed."

Coran heard Aerie's slight gasp, and he could see Nalia's slight frown. He thought over the options quickly; he didn't trust the man at all, and it was an unusual request. However, Coran was quite aware that this man was a Cowled Wizard, and the rumours he'd heard from Nalia alone had been enough to give him a vague impression of the secretive and slightly corrupt organisation.

"We agree," he said eventually, having a feeling he'd regret it later. The man smiled.

"Then allow me to introduce myself. I am Tolgerias, and we seek a man named Valygar Corthala. The reasons why are unimportant to you, you need only know that we require him delivered here, to the Council of Six building. It is not necessarily bounty hunting -- though he is likely to put up resistance to being taken here, so killing him may be your only option."

"I see," said Coran, nodding slowly. "Where would we find this Valygar?"

"Ah," replied Tolgerias, turning away slightly to idly push some papers around his desk. "He has a home down by the docks from what I understand, and a property out by the Umar Hills. He could be at either, or none. I am sure you will be able to pick up his track from one or the other, however." The mage smiled, but it was a cold smile that chilled Coran to the bone.

"We will do what we can," said the elf, turning to leave.

"You will do the task, unless Korgan beats you to it," said the man confidently. "After all, you have given your word, and who would not want to have the advantage of serving the Cowled Wizards? The benefits are plain for anyone to see."

Coran just nodded, and ushered his female companions back to the warmth of the sunny day outside. Aerie looked stricken by the news, and Nalia looked annoyed by their treatment, but Coran issued a few calming words to soothe their worries, and encouraged Nalia to lead onwards to the docks, in the hope of finding their target's home before Korgan had a chance to herd up a new group of mercenaries.

-----------------------

It was raining heavily on the morning they set out to the Umar Hills. They'd had little in the way of success when they'd found Valygar's home the previous day, and his manservant had refused them entry politely, closing the door upon them before Coran could even try to talk him round. In the end, the elf had sneaked around to the rear of the house and found a way in though an open window on the first floor, after scaling the wall that encircled the property, and performing a rather daring jump from it to the sill that had caused Nalia to gasp somewhat.

Inside he'd found the deeds to the property, lending the name of a village called Imnesvale to their investigations. A cabin was detailed, and so it became their destination that gloomy day. Patch was eager for exercise, skittish under Coran's rein as Nalia and Aerie got used to their more placid mounts. They double checked their belongings to ensure they had enough in the way of provisions and set off out on the long journey to the hills to the east. Coran had asked the stablehand at the Crooked Crane how long he thought their travels would take and the boy had assured them that if they knew where they were heading and had steady steeds, they'd get there just after nightfall.

Coran had nodded to them, and told Aerie and Nalia it'd likely require them to stop overnight and find the place the next day. Although Valygar had been courteous enough to leave notes of his holdings lying around, he'd not thought to leave them a detailed map with its exact location; Coran was woefully unfamiliar with the Amnish lands, Nalia had no real knowledge of anywhere that lay out of the scope of Athkatla and her keep, and Aerie had kept herself within the circus so stringently that her sense of direction was almost non-existent.

Still, Coran smiled brightly at them as they trotted out the gates, desperately trying to keep Patch reigned in while the horse fought to gallop off down the muddy road into the distance. It was raining heavily, and there was a low rumbling of thunder in the distance. It reminded him of Jaheira, for some reason, and he mused for several minutes, wondering what the overbearing half-elf was up to. Probably nagging Maiyn, he concluded, grinning slightly to himself. Knowing that she was free, and seemingly still with some of her companions, made his heart slightly lighter, but he still was worried about the lack of feelings he seemed to be receiving since the rush. When they returned to Athkatla and turned over the outlaw they were seeking, he could seek out Ajantis again and find out if the paladin had any information from his peers for him. It was a large organisation, Coran had noted when he visited their headquarters, and someone would surely know something. He nodded to himself; soon, he thought silently, soon he would be reunited with his former companions.

-----------------------

Hervo sat by the hearth of the fire nervously. He'd woken up to find the rain lashing down outside, and he found it hard to get back to sleep. In the end he'd come down to the kitchen, kindled the fire and was now lost in thought as he stared at the dancing flames.

He thought of the strangers who had tried to gain entry to the home the day before. They'd not appeared to be any more of the wizards, but one could never be sure these days. He was sure he'd never seen them before, regardless, which meant the chances of them being old friends of his master were thin. Still, it'd been a while since anyone had come calling, looking for him.

He sighed as he stretched slightly. He didn't want to return to the daily visits of wizards and bounty hunters both, knocking on the door, demanding entrance to see if Master Corthala was at home or not. He still hoped to see Valygar return one day, though the longer it went on, the less likely it seemed. Things had been quiet and content in Hervo's life until that abomination appeared in the slums, causing his master to flee for fear of the wizard's questioning. It didn't seem to be willing to go, either, and so Valygar stayed well away from his home, having sent no word back for several weeks.

A knock on the door caused his melancholy to deepen. It was far too early for visitors, and even the delivery boys didn't appear before sunrise. He pulled his robe around him and padded to the door, shivering slightly in the chill that crept in under the wooden frame.

"Who is it?" he asked, without opening the door. Silence answered him, and he shrugged slightly, turning to return to the warmth of the kitchen when the knocking continued; this time more insistent, and much louder.

Hervo grumbled to himself and carefully unlatched the door, opening it just a crack. He looked out into the drizzle and didn't see anything at first, until he lowered his gaze and saw the form of a small creature. His first instinct was to assume it was a child, and his guard slipped down slightly, allowing the stranger to shoulder the door violently, knocking it back, Hervo along with it.

"You cannot come barging in here!" cried the servant in horror. "I'll get the guards! GUARDS!"

The door swung shut quickly, and Hervo dashed back into the kitchen, rummaging for a knife to protect himself with. The intruder followed him, and the flames from the fire revealed a sullen looking dwarf. His eyes scoured the kitchen quickly, and then fixed on Hervo.

"Where be yer master?"

Hervo frowned and grasped his weapon tighter. "He is not here, and I do not know where he is."

"Aye," muttered the dwarf. "That be so, eh?" He slowly walked around the room, his eyes staying warily on the man. "So, ye no be knowin' where he is at all?"

"No," frowned Hervo.

"That be a shame, because if that be the case, I've no need of ye."

The man felt a small shiver run up his spine, but he kept his face emotionless. "I suggest you leave now, before I have any real reason to call the guards here and get you arrested for breaking in."

"Oh, I don't think ye be doin' that," replied the dwarf calmly, pulling an axe free from his belt. Hervo gulped slightly, and backed away as the intruder advanced towards him.

"I won't tell you where he is," insisted Hervo. "Your threats won't change that."

"Who said anythin' about threats?" asked the dwarf. "Ye've no use tae me, so ye'll excuse me if I feel ye surplus to requirement."

Hervo felt the wall behind him, and darted desperately towards the door. He managed to avoid the dwarf's axe and escape to the hallway, where he set off towards the entrance, relieved that he'd likely make it outside before the dwarf could catch up with him. He didn't see the foot that was extended from the shadows, and he fell over it, sprawling onto the ground.

The last thing Hervo saw was a shadowed face as a blade swiftly came down and plunged into his chest.

#2 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:28 PM

Keldorn nodded. "I do not know if I can forgive her," he admitted quietly. "She has flaunted this man before my whole household, and..."

Good point!

"He already knew he would lose in this. Lady Maria was never his; he wished to make her happy, but ultimately, only Lady Maria can make herself happy -- and to do that she needs you. He knows this. He will leave the city, and never return."

Keldorn arched an eyebrow. "You sound so certain of that," he remarked dryly. "One would almost think you spoke from experience."

Coran cleared his throat slightly. "I... I have been in his position, before, yes."

Busted! :)

Coran grinned. "That would have been most appreciated under other circumstances. You need not my permission to return to your wife, because your presence is not tied to us. Spend some time together, and remind each other how to love."

Honeymoon ;)

"I'm sure it will work out fine," mused Nalia. "The Firecams have always appeared such a solid family, and I can't see this managing to break up their marriage when the love they have for each other is so strong." Nalia's glance fell to Coran as she spoke, and she reddened suddenly, averting her gaze. Coran pondered her actions, only vaguely noticing Aerie nodding her agreement with the thief's words.

Oh dear. He should perhaps take that ring off for a while?

Flattered as he was, letting Nalia have a crush on him would only lead to unnecessary complications. Unknowingly encouraging it would be even worse.

Absolutely.

"You will do the task, unless Korgan beats you to it," said the man confidently. "After all, you have given your word, and who would not want to have the advantage of serving the Cowled Wizards? The benefits are plain for anyone to see."

Where?

The door swung shut quickly, and Hervo dashed back into the kitchen, rummaging for a knife to protect himself with. The intruder followed him, and the flames from the fire revealed a sullen looking dwarf. His eyes scoured the kitchen quickly, and then fixed on Hervo.

"Where be yer master?"

Someone should have killed him :shock:

"Who said anythin' about threats?" asked the dwarf. "Ye've no use tae me, so ye'll excuse me if I feel ye surplus to requirement."

Hervo felt the wall behind him, and darted desperately towards the door. He managed to avoid the dwarf's axe and escape to the hallway, where he set off towards the entrance, relieved that he'd likely make it outside before the dwarf could catch up with him. He didn't see the foot that was extended from the shadows, and he fell over it, sprawling onto the ground.

Accomplice?

The last thing Hervo saw was a shadowed face as a blade swiftly came down and plunged into his chest.

:lol:

The whole scene with Hervo was very creepy and vivid.

#3 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:21 AM

The man was shorter than Coran expected, and more portly. He was almost the polar opposite of the tall, muscled paladin that was scowling at him, although most likely of a similar age.

"Milord Keldorn," he'd said genially, not rising from his chair. "I was hoping you would come."

Tarant: Which means he's either very brave or he's laid a trap.

Imoen: Or you're just paranoid.

"May I presume, then, that you know why I am here?" asked Keldorn. His voice was level and calm, defying the anger that flashed in his eyes. The elf was impressed by the knight's self control and stood quietly on the fringe of the conversation, letting the men speak freely to each other.

"I was a husband to your wife and a father to your children, if that is what you mean." The man spoke bluntly enough for Coran's eyes to widen slightly, and he pensively glanced to Keldorn. The paladin stood impassively.

Edwin: Pfff.. enough of this banter. Kill him now and be done with it.

Aerie: Y-you would kill a man in a bar, in front of all those people?

Edwin: No... I would probably pay some psychotic dward to do it.

Keldorn sighed, his shoulders slumping slightly. "What am I to do with you? You show no remorse, yet at the same time you are so devoid of malice. What am I to do at all?"

Tarant: I know. Its a lot easier to kill someone when they look they'll put up a fight.

Imoen: What, him? No way.

Keldorn's eyebrow rose even further, and his countenance become suspicious. "You have involved yourself with the wives of other men?"

Tarant: Pretty deeply involved. More tangled really.

"In the past, yes. It is not something I am proud of now, but each time was different."

"There was more than one?" Keldorn's voice was tingled with fascination and horror. Coran hoped he was doing the right thing.

Edwin: Yees, I see. He wants to learn how to do it himself.

Coran was startled by the request. "I was not aware you owed us any allegiance in the first place," he said, surprised.

"Perhaps not," smiled Keldorn, "but after your handling of the Cult and your dismissal of the dwarf, I thought you could do with another strong arm in your endeavours."

Edwin: Well, it cannot be helped, can it? I am sure they will find a way to persevere without a tin can in their party. Never mind.

"I need some air," continued Nalia, suddenly, darting from her seat and making a bee-line for the door. Aerie watched her go with surprise, then shrugged helplessly to the elf and followed her friend, leaving Coran to sit alone and wonder at Nalia's behaviour. The frequent blushing whenever he spoke to her was becoming alarmingly familiar to him, and her sudden departure after her passionate words gave him a slightly uneasy feeling. He wondered if he'd just been oblivious to it before, or if he was merely reading her wrongly after all the stress of the morning. Either way, he'd have to work out the answer, and if it was what he hoped it wasn't, he'd have to find a way to sort it out.

But... think of her huge tracts of land. It could all be yours one day.

He was just glad that Aerie didn't realise there was a chance Council just wanted someone dead because they'd looked at an official the wrong way.

Aerie: W-why would they do that?

Tarant: Politics... often they're just trying to save face.

Coran heard Aerie's slight gasp, and he could see Nalia's slight frown. He thought over the options quickly; he didn't trust the man at all, and it was an unusual request. However, Coran was quite aware that this man was a Cowled Wizard, and the rumours he'd heard from Nalia alone had been enough to give him a vague impression of the secretive and slightly corrupt organisation.

"We agree," he said eventually, having a feeling he'd regret it later. The man smiled.

Tarant: Imagine accepting a quest where you haven't even been given a chance to read the small print yet.

Imoen: No need to imagine it. We always do exactly.

Tarant: Well... we're adventurers. If someone doesn't want to tell us something that just means we've got to know.

Imoen: Do they get one of those cool outfits?

It was raining heavily on the morning they set out to the Umar Hills. They'd had little in the way of success when they'd found Valygar's home the previous day, and his manservant had refused them entry politely, closing the door upon them before Coran could even try to talk him round. In the end, the elf had sneaked around to the rear of the house and found a way in though an open window on the first floor, after scaling the wall that encircled the property, and performing a rather daring jump from it to the sill that had caused Nalia to gasp somewhat.

Aerie: T-there were many acrobats in the circus who could do things like that... i-it's always impressive to watch.

Still, Coran smiled brightly at them as they trotted out the gates, desperately trying to keep Patch reigned in while the horse fought to gallop off down the muddy road into the distance. It was raining heavily, and there was a low rumbling of thunder in the distance. It reminded him of Jaheira, for some reason, and he mused for several minutes, wondering what the overbearing half-elf was up to. Probably nagging Maiyn, he concluded, grinning slightly to himself.

Tarant: Oh yes. She has schedule of when she needs to nag.

Imoen: Aerie drew a picture once showing Jaheira as a horse.

Aerie: I w-wish you hadn't framed it and hung it at the top of the stairs...

The man felt a small shiver run up his spine, but he kept his face emotionless. "I suggest you leave now, before I have any real reason to call the guards here and get you arrested for breaking in."

Tarant: Guards will never come anywhere near the docks. Even Korgan knows that.

Our favorite dwarf has made new friends already... Good chapter!

#4 Guest_arabellaesque_*

Posted 20 October 2006 - 09:51 PM

Good point!

Coran: *bows*

Busted! :D

Hee! ;)

Honeymoon :)

Yeah :D

Oh dear. He should perhaps take that ring off for a while?

You'd think so, but in a way he likes it. He'd probably have died to get a ring like this a year or two ago :)

Absolutely.

:)

Where?

Coran: I don't know, but they seem pretty sure they're there!
Nalia: Maybe we won't need to pay for a license...
Coran: Unlikely.

"Where be yer master?"

Someone should have killed him :shock:

:D

Accomplice?

Korgan's not one to work alone :D

:lol:

The whole scene with Hervo was very creepy and vivid.

Yay! I mean, erm, poor Hervo :) But I did hope it was quite sinister, because it was meant to be a bit more chilling :)

Thanks for reading and commenting!

#5 Guest_arabellaesque_*

Posted 20 October 2006 - 09:59 PM

Tarant: Which means he's either very brave or he's laid a trap.

Imoen: Or you're just paranoid.

Heheh!
Montaron: I not be paranoid, they just always be after me...

Edwin: Pfff.. enough of this banter. Kill him now and be done with it.

Aerie: Y-you would kill a man in a bar, in front of all those people?

Edwin: No... I would probably pay some psychotic dward to do it.

Coran: Damnit, I knew Korgan would have had a use sooner of later...

Tarant: I know. Its a lot easier to kill someone when they look they'll put up a fight.

Nalia: It's a lot easier to kill them if they've invaded your house beforehand!
Aerie: Or c-cut off your wings!
Coran: Or got the girl before y- Oh, nevermind.

Imoen: What, him? No way.

Coran: I am a paragon of virtue.
Nalia: The Ring of Human Influence is good, but it's not that good.

Tarant: Pretty deeply involved. More tangled really.

Coran: Only when more than one was present at any one time...
Nalia: Urgh.

Edwin: Yees, I see. He wants to learn how to do it himself.

Maiyn: You'd better not be corrupting paladins!
Coran: Who, me? Nooo.

Edwin: Well, it cannot be helped, can it? I am sure they will find a way to persevere without a tin can in their party. Never mind.

Coran: We've always got good ole Ajantis on backup.

But... think of her huge tracts of land. It could all be yours one day.

Coran: Hmm. Maybe Maiyn'll be the settling down type -- nice castle, few woods -- she's a ranger, it'll be right up her street. Might remind her of Candlekeep.
Maiyn: Er, no. To all of it. Just... no.

Aerie: W-why would they do that?

Tarant: Politics... often they're just trying to save face.

How true :)

Tarant: Imagine accepting a quest where you haven't even been given a chance to read the small print yet.

Imoen: No need to imagine it. We always do exactly.

Tarant: Well... we're adventurers. If someone doesn't want to tell us something that just means we've got to know.

Nalia: Isn't that just being nosy?
Edwin: Your innocence and naivety could almost produce sympathy from the weaker willed members of society.

Imoen: Do they get one of those cool outfits?

Nalia: Oooh, new robes would be nice!
Aerie: I d-don't know. They look a little scary.

Aerie: T-there were many acrobats in the circus who could do things like that... i-it's always impressive to watch.

Coran: Ah, perhaps a future career then... something to ponder upon.

Still, Coran smiled brightly at them as they trotted out the gates, desperately trying to keep Patch reigned in while the horse fought to gallop off down the muddy road into the distance. It was raining heavily, and there was a low rumbling of thunder in the distance. It reminded him of Jaheira, for some reason, and he mused for several minutes, wondering what the overbearing half-elf was up to. Probably nagging Maiyn, he concluded, grinning slightly to himself.

Tarant: Oh yes. She has schedule of when she needs to nag.

Imoen: Aerie drew a picture once showing Jaheira as a horse.

Aerie: I w-wish you hadn't framed it and hung it at the top of the stairs...

:shock: :lol: ;)

Tarant: Guards will never come anywhere near the docks. Even Korgan knows that.

Yep, bluffing is no good against someone like him.

Our favorite dwarf has made new friends already... Good chapter!

He has indeed! :) And we'll be meeting them soon :)

Thanks for reading and commenting :D

#6 Guest_Keldan_*

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:36 PM

:D Poor Hervo...

And poor Keldorn! Hopefully he and Maria'll work it out. If they don't, I may have to hit something. :D

#7 Guest_arabellaesque_*

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:37 PM

:D Poor Hervo...

*nod* :D

And poor Keldorn! Hopefully he and Maria'll work it out. If they don't, I may have to hit something. :D

I think they will :D

Thanks for reading and commenting! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com