Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 363

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:00 AM

"What's it like?" Kirya asked Viconia.

The Drow-turned-vampire blinked. "Surely you know more of vampirism than I do."

"The physical details, yes. But vampires are not usually willing to talk to Necromancers about the details of it. How it feels, the details of the sensory apparatus, and so forth."

"You almost sound as though you wish to become one," Viconia said.

----

Adrian's party had roared into the Hidden's base. They had not expected to come here, but come they had, and now woudl battle again.

Adrian tried to parley, knowing the Hidden was the same Mind Flayer they had dealt with before, but that worthy was not interested in having it's base interrupted. It tried to blast his mind, but his Bhaalspawn heritage enabled him to shrug it off. An Ice Blast from Imoen distracted it from any further attempts on him.

----

"No," Kyria assured her, "I don't. Though that is another question. Does the transformation incur the desire to create 'children' in the undead?"

Viconia thought about it. "No, that is more a matter of...curiosity, I suppose, and amusement. The bloodlust is far stronger. It never truly leaves, even after one is fully fed. I suppose it must be like...having salt on your tounge." The Sharran laughed. "You realy are interested, aren't you?"

"As a Necromancer, death and undeath are my business. And most vampires aren't willing to talk. But an unwilling vampire awaiting her own cure....yes, you are perfect for an interview."

Viconia laughed again. "It sounds like a bad joke of some sort."

"Perhaps it is. But will you answer my questions?"

"Yes.....yes, I will."

----

Lady Jysstev screamed and collapsed in her family estate, her link with her host broken.

----

"Every sense is enhanced. Far beyond even Drow sensitivity. I cannot fully describe it to you, but there is no chance of a vampire ever being bored. There's nothing now, that doesn't hold some kind of fascination. Certainly I understand why Bhodi enjoyed it so much. For a sensualist like her it must have been ideal. As a Drow I certainly apprecaite the additional sexual thrills it must grant." She licked her fangs. "I must couple with Adrian at least once before I am cured."

"You've no desire to remain a vampire, do you?" Kirya asked, raising an eyebrow.

----

Viconia was a fledgeling vampire, and therefore not as invulnerable as some others. But she was a powerful priestess of Shar, and her Goddess had anticipated the transformation and not abandoned her. So between the immunities that undeath could grant and her priestly powers, she tore through the mindflayers easily.

The real trouble, Adrian reflected later, was with their thralls. Even with the death of their masters, they fought blindly on.

-----

Viconia shook her head. "Uneath has a coldness to it that does not please me. Perhaps when I am old and in my fading years I will consider it. But now, as a Drow female in the prime of my life, I've no wish to experience it permanently."

"What else can you tell me?"

----

The thralls fought on mindlessly, determined to kill as many as they could. Somehow, both Anomen and Korgan died during that battle. Thankfully, Viconia had retained her priestly spells despite her transformation, and was able to ressurect both of them.

----

"Many things. To begin, there is more than one breed of vampire...."
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com