Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 357

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:13 PM

Adrian's party surrounded Drizzt's own group.

"Well," said the Bhaalspawn to the Drow, "Now you know the whole story. Are we to do battle, Drizzt Do'Urden? Do you fancy your chances? Or shall we part company, as I go to destroy a far greater evil than myself?"

Bruenor and Wulfgar exchanged uneasy glances. Cattie-Brie held her head high; in her eyes was the look of someone who faces what they know to be their own death without fear.

Drizzt's eyes were calm, showing neither bravado or fear. He had been in this situation many times before, as had Adrian. Both of them knew it.

So Drizzt turned and asked Viconia a question in their own language, and she answered it. Satisfied, he nodded to her and returned his attention to Adrian.

"I wish you the very best of luck against Irenicus. If you ever threaten innocents....we shall meet again."

Adrian nodded, understanding there was no threat in this; Drizzt meant exactly what he said. "Innocents have never been my enemies. Sometimes they are caught in the crossfire, as I'm sure has been true of yourself."

"Yes," said Drizzt.

Adrian extended a hand. Drizzt shook it.

Adrian's party opened a path, and Drizzt's party walked away.

----

After Drizzt left, Xzar moved into the graveyard proper and bent over. Kiriya and Edwin went with him. The Red Wizard watched as the Necromancers scooped up a bit of the soil, and put it into a small phial.

"Viconia," Kiriya called softly. Hiding from the sun in the black hood and robe stolen from Bhodi's crypt, Viconia came to them.

Kiriya gestured and muttered, and for a moment the sunlight faded around them. Understanding what was needed, Viconia removed her gloves and slashed her hand with her own elongated claws. Her blood, already fading to vampiric black, dripped into the phial and mixed with the soil.

"Edwin," said Xzar. "While youre assitance not not strictly neccesary, it would be a help." Xzar's voice was calm and collected and sane as it ever was, as he was working in his 'professional' capacity.

"Naturally," Edwin agreed, with less arrogance than usual.

The Necromancers and the Red Wizard chanted over the phial. There was a blue green flash, and the phial became a small glass marble with the blood-soaked soil trapped inside.

They handed it to Viconia. "Keep that on your person at all times, until you are cured," Xzar admonished. "Which, I'm sure, will not be long."

Viconia nodded, taking it and putting it in her belt. "I wonder how vampires manage this without proper magical assistance," she murmured.

"It takes a lot longer, and takes place at night, underground," said Kiriya softly. "One of the reasons so many fledgeling vampires die so easily is that the proceedure is never completed before they are killed. Bhodi, of course, had Irenicus' assitance with such matters."

Adrian looked at Imoen. "Do they really care for eachother?" he asked her.

Imoen shrugged sadly. "In as much as either could feel such, yes. Which wasn't much. In many ways, they were going through the motions. After all, each only had the other left to rely on in all the world."

"One small matter," said Xzar. "Viconia will need to feed, and soon. It is possible for Vampires to die of starvation, especially fledgelings."

As the light began to return, Adrian took off his own gloves and put it into Viconia's lowered hood.

"Thank you, szinsring," she whispered, and drank.

----

Anomen cast restoration and healing spells on Adrian when it was done.

"We shall go to the temple to cure Viconia as soon as possible," he said. "But we've some business with the Council of Six first, I think. Don't you agree?"

Edwin and Anomen nodded. Neither was smiling.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com