Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 355

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:04 AM

Bhodi's body turned to dust in her coffin. Adrian and the others awoke.

Adrian got up first, then helped up his sister and lover.

"Finally, and at last, it is done," Adrian said. It was almost, Anomen marveled, like a priest giving a benediction.

"Not quite, bro," said Imoen. "We still have to restore Vickie, and get your soul back."

Adrian nodded. "But now we know it can be done," he breathed. "Finally I can see an ending to this madness.'

"I have questions to ask," Drizzt said cautiously.

"We shall tell you what we know," Adrian promised. "But let us do it outside, eh?"

Imoen drifted over to Bhodi's coffin again, frowning thoughtfully. In the ashes there was a glass ampoule full of dark brown stuff. "Dirt?" she asked, holding it up.

"The vampire's native soil," said Edwin. "Or more accurately, soil from the place where a vampire was made or turned. I can create such for Viconia."

"I have no intention of staying in this hateful form, jaluk," Viconia hissed.

"Of course not. But if it takes us more than a day to restore you, you will need to rest....and without the soil..."

"Ah," Viconia nodded. "I suppose Bhodi's soil would do me no good."

"She was not turned here, so no, it wouldnt," said Imoen. "But I think I'll keep this as a souvenir...." she put the ampoule in her backpack, then straightened up. She blinked twice, then said softly, "Adrian...I have access to Bhodi's memories."

Adrian stared. "Because you defeated her?"

"Yes, but that's not the point. I know all about her and Irenicus now. I know everything...." she started to weep. "Let's get out of here. I'll tell you all of it...just not in here."

"It is daylight outside," Viconia said carefully.

Kirya was already fishing around in the vampiric paraphanalia. She held up a black hooded cloak. "Bhodi must've anticipated daylight sojourns."

"Probably actually had some," Viconia agreed, drawing the cloak around her and pulling it's hood over her head.

After ransacking the the lair, the party left.

"What about that brat pet of hers that escaped?" Zavrian asked as they left.

"We'll come back for him if we have to," Adrian said. "We have more important priorities."

----

After they had gone, a cloud of mist re-entered the chamber and turned into Drayven.

He stared at Bhodi's ashes in the coffin. Bhodi had loved being undead. She had "lived" for the thrill. Of sex, of power, of intrigue. She had lived fast, died young, then unlived even faster. For hundreds of years she had betrayed, seduced, killed, destroyed, corrupted.

He missed her terribly, and despite himself tears of blood began to dribble down his cheeks.

He had known it would come to this. Not that the Bhaalspawn would slay her, specifically. But that she would get herself killed. She was too much of a thrillseeker to take the appropriate precautions.

He had known how treacherous she was. How she would've thrown him aside when she found someone younger and fresher. How she had no limits, and her only guide was her ambition. He knew exactly how cold and ruthless she had been.

He still missed her.

He knelt before the pile of ash in her coffin, looking at it with sad eyes as his blood tears began to dry. The Bhaalspawn had even taken the ampoule of her native soil. What for? It was not like Drayven could ressurect her with it. Nor would he have tried.

He touched the pile of dust once, tenderly.

Then he turned to leave, remembering what she had told him. Of how he was the first of a new generation of vampires; new powers and new abilities would develop in him. How he and his children were the shadow of this new age of the Realms, and would grow with it.

But speaking for himself, he didn't think he'd be making any children for quite some time.

He would have to find a new place to rest during the day. It was no longer safe here.

Yet oddly, he felt free.

Now he could live forever.

And contrary to what some people thought, that was a worthy goal.

"Goodbye, Bhodi," he whispered.

He turned into mist and vanished.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Laufey

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:47 PM

"Not quite, bro," said Imoen. "We still have to restore Vickie, and get your soul back."

Adrian nodded. "But now we know it can be done," he breathed. "Finally I can see an ending to this madness.'

It must be a huge relief for him.

"She was not turned here, so no, it wouldnt," said Imoen. "But I think I'll keep this as a souvenir...." she put the ampoule in her backpack, then straightened up. She blinked twice, then said softly, "Adrian...I have access to Bhodi's memories."

Adrian stared. "Because you defeated her?"

"Yes, but that's not the point. I know all about her and Irenicus now. I know everything...." she started to weep. "Let's get out of here. I'll tell you all of it...just not in here."

Ooooh, nice twist! I really like this, it's a good way to provide backstory. So, will Adrian get Irenicus' memories then, I wonder?

He had known how treacherous she was. How she would've thrown him aside when she found someone younger and fresher. How she had no limits, and her only guide was her ambition. He knew exactly how cold and ruthless she had been.

He still missed her.

Aw...yes, love can be like that. :D
Rogues do it from behind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com