What am I now? (short!)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:54 PM

Yay, I wrote something short! I made this person up. It's short! Please comment, even just to tell me you read it! (Though critiques are welcome too!)

Gorion looked at Leschrin. The girl had grown, becoming more and more like her mother, her brown hair had grown coppery, her eyes had grown deep dark blue. Her form had gotten thin, but agile, and now it had an abundance of curves that she covered with a layered robe. It was too bad her sense of style had not also improved. Blindingly mismatched patterns and colors clashed on her very layered robe. At least some things hadn't changed.

"Well, now that I'm free of Bhaal, what have they replaced him with?" The half elf asked flustered. "I mean, am I now the aproxiation of what Bhaal was as a human plus my elven mom or what?" She looked just as frustrated as she had as a small child when people told her that she wasn't human.

Gorion smiled faintly. "Well, I suppose that your mother is still the elven half, and the man that Bhaal possessed in order to have his way with your mother is the human half, now without the taint of Bhaal's evil."

"Really?" She scratched her hair. "Guess I'll never really know, then." She frowned.

Gorion sighed. "Just consider me your father and put it to rest." He said. Once again, he couldn't make himself tell her, especially after all she had gone through. The thing that had ruined his prospects of marrying the woman he loved would not also destroy his relationship with Leschrin, even if that meant he had to pretend to be only her foster father for the rest of his life.

#2 Guest_Kelarin_*

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:30 AM

Gorion looked at Leschrin. The girl had grown, becoming more and more like her mother, her brown hair had grown coppery, her eyes had grown deep dark blue. Her form had gotten thin, but agile, and now it had an abundance of curves that she covered with a layered robe. It was too bad her sense of style had not also improved. Blindingly mismatched patterns and colors clashed on her very layered robe. At least some things hadn't changed.

Aww. How sweet dadda.

"Well, now that I'm free of Bhaal, what have they replaced him with?" The half elf asked flustered. "I mean, am I now the aproxiation of what Bhaal was as a human plus my elven mom or what?" She looked just as frustrated as she had as a small child when people told her that she wasn't human.

Hmm when is this? I'd guess after ToB but...

Gorion smiled faintly. "Well, I suppose that your mother is still the elven half, and the person that Bhaal possessed in order to have his way with your mother, without the taint of Bhaal's evil."

This doesn't quite read right. I'm guessing you're saying elven mother, human father, no bhaal taint. If I can think of a better way of phrasing it I'll try to let you know.

"Really?" She scratched her hair. "Guess I'll never really know, then." She frowned.

Unless Gorion get's the guts to tell her.

Gorion sighed. "Just consider me your father and put it to rest." He said. Once again, he couldn't make himself tell her, especially after all she had gone through. The thing that had ruined his prospects of marrying the woman he loved would not also destroy his relationship with Leschrin, even if that meant he had to pretend to be only her foster father for the rest of his life.

Bhaal posessed Gorion! :) :D Her Mr. nobody messes with my daddy! :wink: :wink:

#3 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:35 AM

Aww. How sweet dadda.

:wink:

Hmm when is this? I'd guess after ToB but...

Yup. And after a wish spell. :)

This doesn't quite read right. I'm guessing you're saying elven mother, human father, no bhaal taint. If I can think of a better way of phrasing it I'll try to let you know.

This is exactly what I was trying to get across...unfortunately, I managed to mangle the editing. Thank you for pointing it out, I didn't notice I'd combined the two different approaches. :D

Unless Gorion get's the guts to tell her.

I think eventually, he'll tell her...but he needs to know she can handle it...and you know he's used to protecting his little girl from such concepts!

Bhaal posessed Gorion! Her Mr. nobody messes with my daddy!

Well, yeah. In this alternate reality he did. Please note that this Bhaal is nothing akin to my cute fuzzy Bhaal for Bhaal's Youngest! Poor Gorion. :wink:

Thanks for reading and commenting! :wink:

#4 Guest_Reality-Helix_*

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:16 AM

Awww! Happy but sad!

#5 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:01 AM

Gorion smiled faintly. "Well, I suppose that your mother is still the elven half, and the man that Bhaal possessed in order to have his way with your mother is the human half, now without the taint of Bhaal's evil."

Aw, that's very sad. I feel like this is a Gorion that let the fact that he was abused (just as much as the elf was) ruin things for them because he's scared and ashamed :)

Very nice little story!

#6 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:42 PM

Awww! Happy but sad!

Yeah, happy ending, sad secret. Glad you read it! :)

#7 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:02 PM

Aw, that's very sad. I feel like this is a Gorion that let the fact that he was abused (just as much as the elf was) ruin things for them because he's scared and ashamed

I think that eventually, when she comes around to telling him more about what happened to her, he will understand that she can understand what it's like to be possessed by Bhaal and blamed for his actions. :)

Very nice little story!

Thank you.

#8 Sumpton

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:52 AM

I really felt for Gorion...

With all the things that Leschrin has been through, telling her would only make their relationship stronger... I think...

Thanks...
============
Cheers...

#9 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:17 AM

It's not a great position to be in, and at the moment, he's been gone for a while and she looks more like her mother than ever...and he's afraid she's going to reject him too.

With all the things that Leschrin has been through, telling her would only make their relationship stronger... I think...

I whole heartedly agree. 8) I'm certain that somewhere down the line they will have that discussion, and that he will tell her, after he hears what all she went through. After she guiltily tells him about the slayer and so forth... :P

Thanks for reading and commenting! :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com