Xan BG2 NPC v2 Released

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:18 PM

Update: ToB and Russian translation are available!

Since this mod started here, I guess there's no harm in me making the announcement personally. :)

Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn (Xan for short) is an add-on for the game Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, with or without the Throne of Bhaal expansion pack.

Xan has an extensive friendship path with the PC, banters with every Bioware NPC, a vast amount of interjections, character reactions and other scenery dialogue. His soundset and banters are fully voiced.

If you played and enjoyed Xan Romance included into BG1 NPC project, you may continue it. As well, you may start a completely new, different romance with Xan. In both cases, however, there will be complications.

For more information and download links, visit the Xan home page.

Xan Homepage
Xan Forum

... that was the official part. My great thanks to Jason Compton, who provided hosting, and, of course, to Domi, who made Xan Romance for BG1 possible.

But most of all, I'd like to thank SisterVigilante and Wyvern - two people who spent days, nights and weeks of their time on this project. Not only it wouldn't be the same without you - it just wouldn't come to be! I am not much good at group hugs, cakes and stuff, but - thank you.

#2 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:28 PM

Oooh! Cool!

Shall have to try. ;)

#3 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:33 PM

Congrats on the accomplishment! You must have worked really hard to get it done so quickly! ;)

#4 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:14 AM

Thank you very much! I hope you'll enjoy playing it.

(BIG SEKRIT: I actually finished my part in November. Then, for a month, I've been editing and testing it. Then, in January, we did voicing and editing ('we', ha-ha. 'We' with me listening and reading, that is), and in the beginning of February, I wrote to Jason Compton with: "Hey! I have a working mod!" The rest you know. :D )

Now, gimme a few days... and I'll be back. Feel a bit overwhelmed now. :P

#5 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:19 PM

Thanks to SisterVigilante, the Pocket Plane Group, myself and a couple of wonderful folks you can read about in the readme, version 2 is released! Now with ToB portion, extra class options for Xan(Fighter/Mage, Mage, Sorcerer, Wild Mage(ToB)) and full Russian translation.

(Exactly a year after it was started, by the way.)

Enjoy. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com