Diamond in the Rough: Part Six -- The Huntress: (on)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:19 PM

Alright.

I know that some of these have gotten somewhat confusing, as this isn't in order, and there isn't a complete story written yet. That said, I think this one works as a stand alone. (If it doesn't, well *shrug* my apologies.)

Previous bits are here:
http://www.gamejag.n...=asc&highlight=

Timeline: 4 and a half years after part one.

The Huntress:

She skimmed through the latest reports, running a hand through her dark hair. So this is where the traitor is hiding, the huntress mused. Interesting. Fitting that a traitor would seek shelter with traitors. . . . She skimmed the datapad further. Oh ho . . . and this Moran woman. The inquisitors told me about her . . . . so helpless right now, stripped of all that made her special . . . A smile twisted the woman's face. Cassio and Moran. Both traitors. It is no wonder they found solace in each other.

The Huntress stood, and began pacing around the dimly lit cave. The blue and green crystal formations cast strange highlights on her dark hair, and lit her brown eyes with streaks of blue-green fire. I know my prey. . . she thought, bending down to gaze into a formation of crystals that ran from the floor to ceiling of the cave. I know my prey. I know what he seeks, what he wants . . . and I know that the little clue that Shaaleth dangled before him will peak his curiosity. Imagine when he finds out that is true. She let out a low chuckle. It shouldn't surprise the fool -that- much, though. After all, the empire doesn't take kindly to deserters, and he had to know that intelligence would come looking for his family as well as him. Not even Shaaleth knows the truth of that matter. After all, we could justify their deaths – they were kin to a traitor. But really, our ever-so-noble Cassio will seek vengeance on the one who killed his family. . . . the one who takes his beloved . . .

It hadn't been joy she had taken in their deaths. But that had been her duty; and they had been kin to a traitor. And their deaths furthered her second objective, she would soon have two traitors in hand, and be able to return them both to see their punishment.

Again, she smiled, and it was a smile of pleasure, a smile of contentment. Everything was going according to plan. The agents sent to capture Moran would likely have to wait, as snatching the woman out of an Alliance base would prove to be a challenge, and the huntress was no fool. Better to wait until Moran was on a mission somewhere. If that ever happened – she was watched constantly, or so the agents said. Not that it mattered. Eventually, the opportunity would come, and Moran would be hers . . . . and that fool, Cassio, would follow blindly.

Poor, poor, Cassio. So predictable, so noble. . . . so determined to do the 'right thing.' He didn't realize what a fool that made him.

And let him be the fool . . . she thought, For I have all the time in the universe to wait. Sooner or later, Moran will be mine, and he will follow. And then I will have them both.

#2 Guest_Kelarin_*

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:32 PM

This was rather interesting. I haven't been reading the previous ones so I wasn't sure who was speaking or who the others were or the like but it was certainl rather interesting to see this crazed lady planning the capture of the two. Rather interesting, and now you made me want to see what the first chapters were. ;)

#3 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 19 December 2005 - 10:55 PM

This was rather interesting. I haven't been reading the previous ones so I wasn't sure who was speaking or who the others were or the like

This is the first appearance of The Huntress. ;)

but it was certainl rather interesting to see this crazed lady planning the capture of the two. Rather interesting, and now you made me want to see what the first chapters were. :)

:D Cool! Nothing's really in order . . . though I try to give a rough timeline. *sigh*

#4 Guest_VigaHrolf_*

Posted 20 December 2005 - 04:18 PM

So, now we have a villain. Interesting. I'm really looking forward to seeing this series get fleshed out and connected. There are some very intriguing bits floating around.

Mucho excitemento.

VH

#5 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:01 PM

So, now we have a villain. Interesting.

Actually, she's a second villain. :wink: The first . . . well, I think you'll get to meet him soon. :lol:

I'm really looking forward to seeing this series get fleshed out and connected. There are some very intriguing bits floating around.

:D Yes. Yes there are.

Mucho excitemento.

Wheee! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com