Photo

Cards Reshuffled 268

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Laufey

Posted 01 October 2005 - 08:22 AM

Cards Reshuffled 268 – The One

It’s rather nice to for once have somebody else be the one with the prophecy and the nutty people coming after him. Not that I’d want to share my boyfriend with him or anything, but I’m happy to let him take some of the pressure off of me.

Excerpt from ‘Ruminations Of A Master Bard’

“It’s not as if we could have known,” Zaerini was saying, and she gave Valygar an encouraging look. “It was just an accident.”

“An accident. We have all engaged in cannibalism ‘by accident’.” I was cursed already. Will this mean a second one, I wonder?

“Not all of us,” Jaheira said, smiling a slightly smug smile. “But the child is right, you did not know. There is no need to blame yourself.”

Anomen, who had been kneeling on the floor, praying fervently, finally opened his eyes. “Helm at least has not turned his face away from me,” he said, and his voice was filled with relief. “I believe he understands that we were mislead.”

“Of course he does,” Jaheira agreed. “Only a great fool would ever think any of you had done it on purpose.”

“Thank you, my lady,” Anomen said with a smile, bowing to the druid. “Your faith in me will inspire me to deeds which will purge my soul of this inadvertent sin, I am sure of it.”

“That’s not the kind of purging I would prefer,” Edwin muttered from his position on the floor, where he was curled up in a ball of misery, his head resting on his lover’s lap. “To think that such a thing should ever cross my lips. (If Auntie Poppy should ever hear about this I don’t want to think about what she would say.)”

Minsc scratched his bald head thoughtfully. “Boo says we were eating little evil halflings. Is that true?”

“Well, yes,” Zaerini admitted. “Only by accident, mind you.”

“Oh, Minsc doesn’t mind so much. They were Evil halflings before, but now they’re filling the tummies of Heroes of Goodness, making us strong and sturdy to kick lots more evil butts!”

“Well…yes, I suppose so. Just don’t start eating everybody we kill, all right?”

“Not even Evil Red Wizards?”

“No! Absolutely not. And now I think we should we go on.”

“So we should, your Worship,” said Jan, who was sitting perched on the shoulders of the giant golem that was standing in the middle of the room. He was poking about inside the hole where its head should have been, pulling at what seemed to be a length of wire. “Now, I’ve examined this fellow carefully, and my Gnomish expertise eye for machinery tells me that he’s currently lacking…”

“An arm and a head,” Edwin commented, hauling himself to his feet. “Took you some time to notice those little details, did it?”

“Oh, and coal,” Jan went on, ignoring him. “Apparently this thing is powered by it, strange as it seems. We’ll need to feed the furnaces in the next room.”

“And I think I saw a golem arm lying about in one of the first rooms we passed,” Zaerini mused. “Serves me right…I should have known to pick it up, seeing that it was apparently worthless junk, it was bound to come in handy somehow. I’ll just go back and fetch it. Besides, I want to check on Softy. She’s been an awful long time.”

“Then I’m coming with you,” Edwin immediately stated. “There could be more of those curries…I mean halfings.”

The bard winked. “Sure thing, Eddie. And maybe in the meantime, maybe the rest of you could search this place for any spare heads? We won’t be long.”

It could have been Valygar’s imagination, but as the pair walked out, he thought he heard the wizard murmuring something that sounded like ‘we’ll just see about that.’

The remaining adventurers divided into groups, with Anomen and Jaheira getting to work on the furnaces, Jan keeping on his examination of the golem, and Valygar and Minsc foraging ahead in search of spare heads. Beyond the furnace room, there was a long and narrow corridor in scenic military gray.

“You know, friend Valygar,” Minsc said as they walked along, “Boo says that you are not the same as before.”

Valygar turned his head to look into his fellow ranger’s round and innocent eyes. “Is that so?” he asked. I couldn’t possibly guess what he means by that, but I’m sure I won’t like hearing it.

“Yes. But you don’t have to worry, it is not the Stench of Evil needing to be swept away by the Airfreshener of Heroism. Also, there is no spoon. Boo says you want to remember that.”

Valygar looked around. The corridor certainly seemed spoon free to him. ”Spoon?” he asked, and there was a slightly brittle edge to his voice. “What spoon?”

“Don’t be silly, there is no spoon,” Minsc sagely replied, patting him on the back. “Boo just said so, remember? But don’t worry about not seeing the full wisdom of Boo’s words in the same way I do. That takes practice.”

“Right,” Valygar muttered. “No spoon. Practice. Of course.” He found himself trying to shake of the feeling that the world was just an insane illusion, conjured by some sinister creature for the purposes of cruel entertainment, and that the illusion was beginning to crack at the edges. I need to get out here. It feels as if my mind is melting.

By now, the corridor came to an end in front of a stylishly ocean-gray metal door. Wishing to finish any cutlery-based small talk, Valygar quickly pulled it open, and then stepped inside. The room he entered was a round, prison-gray chamber, with a quietly humming metal pillar in the middle. Standing with its back to the pillar was a large golem. It was about half again as tall as Valygar himself, humanoid with angular, surly and vaguely elven features. It was wearing a black suit, and had on a pair of dark-tinted glasses. As Valygar approached, there was an increase in the intensity of the buzzing sound, the door behind him slammed shut and the golem’s head turned towards him. It yanked a thick cord out from the socket in the back of its head.

“Welcome to the Sphere, Mr Corthala,” it stated in a toneless voice. “You may call me Agent Rondel. Think you are the One, do you?”

“The one what?” Valygar suspiciously asked, placing a hand on the hilt of his katana.

The golem was silent for a few seconds, processing this. “If you do not know, you will die,” it said. “But you are asking the wrong question. What you should be asking is ‘what is the Sphere’.”

“An interdimensional transportation device built by my insane and undead ancestor.”

“Well, yes. That too. Not quite the answer I was looking for, mind. So, red or blue?”

“What?”

The golem gave him a look that was almost pitying. “Bit slow, aren’t we, Mr Corthala?” it asked. “If you go with ‘blue’, you will be cryogenically frozen and made to forget everything bad that ever happened to you, while you become nourishment for my constructor.”

“Nice. And red?”

Agent Rondel’s mouth twisted into an unpleasant smile. “Then, Mr Corthala, we fight, and the walls of this chamber are painted red with what might be tastelessly referred to as your ‘crimson lifefluid’. Now…MAKE YOUR CHOICE.”

Valygar smoothly eased the katana out of its scabbard, and nodded briefly to the golem. “If you want my blood – then work for it.”

“Yes!” Minsc shouted, drawing his own sword. “Bad golem man is all half-baked, time to put him BACK IN THE OVEN!”

The Rashemani ranger charged heedlessly ahead, intent on slaughter, but his head was met with a rock-hard arm, thrust out too swiftly for a human eye to follow. There was a nasty ‘clonk’ sound, and the large man toppled to the floor with a grunt. He didn’t get up again.

“Tut tut, Mr Corthala,” the golem said. “No interference. You and I alone, as it was meant to be.” It stalked towards Valygar, fists raised, and then it struck again. Valygar just barely had time to see a blur in the air before one of those iron fists hit his side and he was thrown hard against the wall. From the cracking noise and the intense pain, he guessed that at least one rib had to be broken.

Fast. He’s too fast. Can’t win.

But still, he had to try. What other choice was there? He raised the katana again, forcing himself into an attack. The golem sidestepped him with ridiculous ease, and spun its leg out in a swift kick. Valygar grunted as his legs were swept out from under him, and he hit the floor.

“You are not The One,” Agent Rondel scornfully said. “If you were, you would know how to meet my challenge blow for blow. You…you are a mere meatbag, fit only to be fodder. Now die.”

The golem raised its leg, preparing to stomp down hard on Valygar’s head, squashing it like a ripe fruit. Valygar looked up at him, expecting to die. No! Can’t die…have to kill Lavok. Have to. I am the last.

And something burst open inside of him, something that had been lying in wait, curled up like a butterfly waiting to emerge from its chrysalis. It spread through him, infusing him with no energy.

Have to move. Have to move fast.

The world blurred around him as he sprang to his feet. Rondel’s foot missed him, cracking the floor open. The golem tugged at its leg, which had got stuck inside the hole it had made.

“So,” it said, eyes narrowing. “You do know something, after all.”

No time to think. No time to wonder. Time only to react. Valygar dodged a blow that could easily have taken his head off, then another, and another, moving so swiftly that he nearly made himself dizzy. Another kick, and he leapt into the air, evading it. The two opponents circled each other, and now Agent Rondel’s smirk had been replaced by a scowl.

“Good at dodging, are you?” it said. “Dodge this.” It raised its hand, and Valygar just had time to see a long, metal object pointing directly at his face before there was a deafening boom. Small, shiny metal objects were heading towards him, crawling through the air. Fast as he was, he knew there would be no time to avoid them. And then, he knew.

I don’t have to.

With utter calm, Valygar raised his hand, his palm towards the bullets. There was another surge, deep inside, a rush of joy that threatened to overwhelm him, and then a sound that reminded him of rain falling. Looking down, he saw the bullets pattering to the metal floor. All except one, that was. That one bounced against the force emanating from him, and recoiled. Agent Rondel just had time to give Valygar a very surprised look before it buried itself deep within his left eye. There was a crackling sound, a shower of electric sparks, and the golem went down with a large crash. Moments later, Valygar sank to his knees beside his defeated opponent, his entire body shaking as the momentousness of what had happened began to sink in. The joy had passed now, leaving utter dread and revulsion behind.

That…was magic. I did magic. Mother…father…what have I done? He retched dryly, wishing he could rewind the past few minutes and…and do what? What else could he have done? Magic. Oh mother…what have I become?

Next: Valygar tries to cope. :shock:
Rogues do it from behind.

#2 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:28 AM

“Not all of us,” Jaheira said, smiling a slightly smug smile. “But the child is right, you did not know. There is no need to blame yourself.”

And there is no need to keep rubbing it in, Your Smugness. ;)

Anomen, who had been kneeling on the floor, praying fervently, finally opened his eyes. “Helm at least has not turned his face away from me,” he said, and his voice was filled with relief. “I believe he understands that we were mislead.”

Just pray that your adversaries at the Order don’t hear about this… :shock:

“Thank you, my lady,” Anomen said with a smile, bowing to the druid. “Your faith in me will inspire me to deeds which will purge my soul of this inadvertent sin, I am sure of it.”

Oh Gods. Do you see Jaheira as someone who would like to be courted by someone who speaks such exaggerated Knightese? :wink:

“That’s not the kind of purging I would prefer,” Edwin muttered from his position on the floor, where he was curled up in a ball of misery, his head resting on his lover’s lap. “To think that such a thing should ever cross my lips. (If Auntie Poppy should ever hear about this I don’t want to think about what she would say.)”

I think she would be rather mute and somewhat twitchy around you from that point on…

“Oh, Minsc doesn’t mind so much. They were Evil halflings before, but now they’re filling the tummies of Heroes of Goodness, making us strong and sturdy to kick lots more evil butts!”

Trust Minsc to take such things in the stroll. Maybe not the first time he has participated in act of cannibalism. ;)

“And I think I saw a golem arm lying about in one of the first rooms we passed,” Zaerini mused. “Serves me right…I should have known to pick it up, seeing that it was apparently worthless junk, it was bound to come in handy somehow.”

Forgot the first rule of adventuring, again? :D

It could have been Valygar’s imagination, but as the pair walked out, he thought he heard the wizard murmuring something that sounded like ‘we’ll just see about that.’

Heh heh… I don’t think it was just your imagination, Val… :shock:

Valygar turned his head to look into his fellow ranger’s round and innocent eyes. “Is that so?” he asked. I couldn’t possibly guess what he means by that, but I’m sure I won’t like hearing it.

I would say that cannibalism probably is a life changing experience, so yah… in that aspect, Valygar, you have truly changed. :P

Valygar looked around. The corridor certainly seemed spoon free to him. ”Spoon?” he asked, and there was a slightly brittle edge to his voice. “What spoon?”

Hmm, do you think Valygar could manage Keanu’s face of blank, zero comprehension? I think he just might… :lol:

By now, the corridor came to an end in front of a stylishly ocean-gray metal door. Wishing to finish any cutlery-based small talk, Valygar quickly pulled it open, and then stepped inside. The room he entered was a round, prison-gray chamber, with a quietly humming metal pillar in the middle. Standing with its back to the pillar was a large golem. It was about half again as tall as Valygar himself, humanoid with angular, surly and vaguely elven features. It was wearing a black suit, and had on a pair of dark-tinted glasses. As Valygar approached, there was an increase in the intensity of the buzzing sound, the door behind him slammed shut and the golem’s head turned towards him. It yanked a thick cord out from the socket in the back of its head.

Ugh. The Agent Smith golem time, I take it. That should mean plenty of silly hilarity right here. :P

And something burst open inside of him, something that had been lying in wait, curled up like a butterfly waiting to emerge from its chrysalis. It spread through him, infusing him with no energy.

So basically, just need to cast Haste. I always found it a delicious irony that his stalker kit gave him arcane spells.

With utter calm, Valygar raised his hand, his palm towards the bullets. There was another surge, deep inside, a rush of joy that threatened to overwhelm him, and then a sound that reminded him of rain falling. Looking down, he saw the bullets pattering to the metal floor. All except one, that was. That one bounced against the force emanating from him, and recoiled.

That wasn’t magic, that quite clearly was sourcery! :D

That…was magic. I did magic. Mother…father…what have I done? He retched dryly, wishing he could rewind the past few minutes and…and do what? What else could he have done? Magic. Oh mother…what have I become?

Let’s put it this way – because of it, you have not become something that resembles a large humanoid-shaped sieve. :D

Next: Valygar tries to cope. :D

Silly Valygar… give in, you are doomed to become a leek! ;)

#3 Guest_Melle_*

Posted 01 October 2005 - 12:46 PM

“Of course he does,” Jaheira agreed. “Only a great fool would ever think any of you had done it on purpose.”

That sounds vaguely foreshadowy, actually...

Minsc scratched his bald head thoughtfully. “Boo says we were eating little evil halflings. Is that true?”

“Well, yes,” Zaerini admitted. “Only by accident, mind you.”

I like his attitude.

:shock:

“Yes. But you don’t have to worry, it is not the Stench of Evil needing to be swept away by the Airfreshener of Heroism. Also, there is no spoon. Boo says you want to remember that.”

“Don’t be silly, there is no spoon,” Minsc sagely replied, patting him on the back. “Boo just said so, remember? But don’t worry about not seeing the full wisdom of Boo’s words in the same way I do. That takes practice.”

I must say it makes more sense than certain sequels.

The golem gave him a look that was almost pitying. “Bit slow, aren’t we, Mr Corthala?” it asked. “If you go with ‘blue’, you will be cryogenically frozen and made to forget everything bad that ever happened to you, while you become nourishment for my constructor.”

“Nice. And red?”

Agent Rondel’s mouth twisted into an unpleasant smile. “Then, Mr Corthala, we fight, and the walls of this chamber are painted red with what might be tastelessly referred to as your ‘crimson lifefluid’. Now…MAKE YOUR CHOICE.”

Interesting take on it. :wink:

The world blurred around him as he sprang to his feet. Rondel’s foot missed him, cracking the floor open. The golem tugged at its leg, which had got stuck inside the hole it had made.

Ooh, haste spell, pre-nerf. ;)

Next: Valygar tries to cope. :lol:

I can think of worse things than suddenly developing sorcery... such as Kelsey coming along to comfort him and explain things and, with one thing leading to another, finally ending up in a night of drunken passion. :shock:

#4 Guest_Shian_*

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:38 PM

(If Auntie Poppy should ever hear about this I don’t want to think about what she would say.)”

:shock: I just remembered her! LOL!

“Yes!” Minsc shouted, drawing his own sword. “Bad golem man is all half-baked, time to put him BACK IN THE OVEN!”

woah, I thought V-man was locked in there solo

I always figured he’d do magic if there was a dire need for him to. I mean, even rangers know a few healing spells.

Yay, lots of chapters about V-man!!!

But I gtg do my hw and try to work on my quiz entry! :shock:

#5 Arcalian

Posted 01 October 2005 - 07:45 PM

*would pet the kitty but still is recoiling from the curry*

Um, nice Matrix reference.....

*goes back to being ill from curry*
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#6 Guest_Wyvern_*

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:02 AM

It’s rather nice to for once have somebody else be the one with the prophecy and the nutty people coming after him. Not that I’d want to share my boyfriend with him or anything, but I’m happy to let him take some of the pressure off of me.

Poor Valyger-all those family troubles, and that darn oath of celibacy as well.

Anomen and his romance-novel dialogue, a sure sign he's in love.

Makes sense Minsc doesn't mind, and Boo certainly wouldn't-though he might if it was evil hamsters they had been eating :P

Makes you wonder just what the Rashmani do with their prisoners of war.

It will probably be better if Valyger just gives in to the insanity around him, he'll fit in with the group better.

#7 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:48 AM

“Not all of us,” Jaheira said, smiling a slightly smug smile.

Oh, come on... when is she ever only "slightly" smug? :wink:

Um. Yeah... okay... now it's one thing to feel a little sick at having eaten a person... but I wouldn't camp out in a confessional because of it.

Yeah... Minsc has the right idea... c'mon, before you knew what you were eating, you were totally fine with it. It's like realizing you've just eaten eel or something... totally like that. :P

Beyond the furnace room, there was a long and narrow corridor in scenic military gray.

Raven: "Looks familiar."

Harlequin: "You think so, too? Yeah, it does, doesn't it?"

Raven: "Weird."

Harlequin: "Mmmm hmmmm."

“Welcome to the Sphere, Mr Corthala,” it stated in a toneless voice. “You may call me Agent Rondel. Think you are the One, do you?”

Hugo Weaving: intimidating-looking guy when he wants to be.

Now…MAKE YOUR CHOICE.

You have no chance survive make your time...

“Good at dodging, are you?” it said. “Dodge this.”

Nowhere as good looking as Carrie Anne Moss, I'm afraid.

Next: Valygar tries to cope.

Well, once he realizes "Whoa... I know Kung Fu... he'll be ok." :wink:

#8 Laufey

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:27 PM

And there is no need to keep rubbing it in, Your Smugness. :roll:

But she's enjoying herself so much, you wouldn't want to spoil that. :cry:

Just pray that your adversaries at the Order don’t hear about this… :wink:

Oh yeah...

Oh Gods. Do you see Jaheira as someone who would like to be courted by someone who speaks such exaggerated Knightese? :wink:

Yes and no. I think that she would understand that he's being utterly sincere and heartfelt about it, and *that's* what she would like, not the phrases themselves.

Trust Minsc to take such things in the stroll. Maybe not the first time he has participated in act of cannibalism. :lol:

I actually got that idea from a certain PnP session from a couple of years back. :D

Heh heh… I don’t think it was just your imagination, Val… :P

I would say that cannibalism probably is a life changing experience, so yah… in that aspect, Valygar, you have truly changed. :P

You are what you eat, and all that. :lol:

Hmm, do you think Valygar could manage Keanu’s face of blank, zero comprehension? I think he just might… :wink:

But Val looks tougher, at least. :lol:

Ugh. The Agent Smith golem time, I take it. That should mean plenty of silly hilarity right here. ;)

I hope you'll like it. :D

So basically, just need to cast Haste. I always found it a delicious irony that his stalker kit gave him arcane spells.

Yes, that's an irony I always liked myself, so I decided to play around with it. :D

With utter calm, Valygar raised his hand, his palm towards the bullets. There was another surge, deep inside, a rush of joy that threatened to overwhelm him, and then a sound that reminded him of rain falling. Looking down, he saw the bullets pattering to the metal floor. All except one, that was. That one bounced against the force emanating from him, and recoiled.

That wasn’t magic, that quite clearly was sourcery! :D

Yeah! ;)

Silly Valygar… give in, you are doomed to become a leek! :wink:

LOL! Let's hope not. :D

#9 Laufey

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:30 PM

[quote][quote]Anomen, who had been kneeling on the floor, praying fervently, finally opened his eyes. “Helm at least has not turned his face away from me,” he said, and his voice was filled with relief. “I believe he understands that we were mislead.”
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
That sounds vaguely foreshadowy, actually...
[/quote]

Oh, I don't know...

[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
I like his attitude.
[/quote]

I was thinking of those Red Wizards that Weyoun and I ate a couple of years ago, actually. :wink:

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
I must say it makes more sense than certain sequels.
[/quote]

There will be no Architect as such, but of course Lavok *will* make them reload the Sphere...

[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Interesting take on it. :wink:
[/quote]

Thanks. :wink:

[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Ooh, haste spell, pre-nerf. :cry:
[/quote]

The *real* haste spell. :wink:

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Next: Valygar tries to cope. :roll:[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
I can think of worse things than suddenly developing sorcery... such as Kelsey coming along to comfort him and explain things and, with one thing leading to another, finally ending up in a night of drunken passion. :P[/quote]

Eeeeeewwwww! Don't scare me like that. :shock:

#10 Laufey

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:33 PM

(If Auntie Poppy should ever hear about this I don’t want to think about what she would say.)”

:P I just remembered her! LOL!

She would not be a happy halfling. :shock:

woah, I thought V-man was locked in there solo

No...but since Minsc was taken out fast, it's practically the same. I thought of sending Valygar in alone, but thought it would be unrealistic for him to go on his own.

I always figured he’d do magic if there was a dire need for him to. I mean, even rangers know a few healing spells.

If you recall, Edwin mentions sensing the potential for magic within him, and then he gets arcane spells as part of his ranger kit. I just wanted to take that a step further.

Yay, lots of chapters about V-man!!!

Glad you like it. :wink:

#11 Laufey

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:35 PM

*would pet the kitty but still is recoiling from the curry*

*purrs sympathetically*

Um, nice Matrix reference.....

Thanks. :shock:

*goes back to being ill from curry*

Sorry about that. :P

#12 Laufey

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:36 PM

Poor Valyger-all those family troubles, and that darn oath of celibacy as well.

I know, his life sucks rather badly...hope things will work out.

Anomen and his romance-novel dialogue, a sure sign he's in love.

:wink:

Makes you wonder just what the Rashmani do with their prisoners of war.

I don't think this is a Rasheman custom in genereal...just Minsc being Minsc. :P

Next: Valygar tries to cope. :wink:

It will probably be better if Valyger just gives in to the insanity around him, he'll fit in with the group better.

Good point. :shock:

#13 Laufey

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:39 PM

“Not all of us,” Jaheira said, smiling a slightly smug smile.

Oh, come on... when is she ever only "slightly" smug? :lol:

Good point. :wink:

Um. Yeah... okay... now it's one thing to feel a little sick at having eaten a person... but I wouldn't camp out in a confessional because of it.

No, but this is Anomen. He is very likely to feel guilty over something not his fault, I'd say.

Yeah... Minsc has the right idea... c'mon, before you knew what you were eating, you were totally fine with it. It's like realizing you've just eaten eel or something... totally like that. :P

Minsc is being very practical, I think. :roll:

Beyond the furnace room, there was a long and narrow corridor in scenic military gray.

Raven: "Looks familiar."

Harlequin: "You think so, too? Yeah, it does, doesn't it?"

Raven: "Weird."

Harlequin: "Mmmm hmmmm."

Makes you fall asleep, right? :wink:

Hugo Weaving: intimidating-looking guy when he wants to be.

Very much so. I *never* would have imagined Elrond could be so intimidating, for one.

“Good at dodging, are you?” it said. “Dodge this.”

Nowhere as good looking as Carrie Anne Moss, I'm afraid.

Was that an actual Matrix line? I didn't know I was making a reference here. :wink:

Next: Valygar tries to cope.

Well, once he realizes "Whoa... I know Kung Fu... he'll be ok." :shock:

Let's hope so. :cry: And let's hope he doesn't try to jump off any tall buildings. :wink:

#14 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:05 PM

Was that an actual Matrix line? I didn't know I was making a reference here.

First movie (Only one of the trilogy I've seen, actually):

Neo and Trinity are fighting Smith on the roof of some building, he's dodging all their bullets, so she manages to sneak up on him, puts a gun right to his temple and goes "Dodge this," and puts a bullet in his head from point blank range. :P

#15 Laufey

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:08 PM

Was that an actual Matrix line? I didn't know I was making a reference here.

First movie (Only one of the trilogy I've seen, actually):

Neo and Trinity are fighting Smith on the roof of some building, he's dodging all their bullets, so she manages to sneak up on him, puts a gun right to his temple and goes "Dodge this," and puts a bullet in his head from point blank range. :P

Aaah, I see! It must have been a subconscious memory floating up on my party, I guess. :shock:

#16 Weyoun

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:25 PM

“An accident. We have all engaged in cannibalism ‘by accident’.” I was cursed already. Will this mean a second one, I wonder?

Nah, it tastes just like chicken. :)

Look on the bright side, at least you're not zombies. :)

That's the spirit, Minsc! :D

Just don't eat Drow. :twisted:

Ey?

Valygar : Just take the blue pill and shut up, Minsc. :twisted:

It is inevitable, mister Anderson. :twisted:

“Nice. And red?”

“You are not The One,” Agent Rondel scornfully said. “If you were, you would know how to meet my challenge blow for blow. You…you are a mere meatbag, fit only to be fodder. Now die.”

HK-47 : Statement : Archaeic constructs who insist on stealing my lines, shall be rendered apart by many blasts from my tibanna powered high-energy concussion rifle. :twisted:

You have become... a wizard!!!! MWUAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA! :shock:

Next: Valygar tries to cope. :twisted:

Still? ;) I think he's surpassed the 'cope'-status and is well within the 'about to jump off a high-building'-status by now. :twisted: Wicked woman, you. :)
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#17 Weyoun

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:29 PM

quote]
I can think of worse things than suddenly developing sorcery... such as Kelsey coming along to comfort him and explain things and, with one thing leading to another, finally ending up in a night of drunken passion. :twisted:[/quote]

Until Valygar realizes the next morning just what he has done with whom and hangs himself in the bathroom. A bit too angsty perhaps. ;) :)
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#18 Laufey

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:01 PM

Nah, it tastes just like chicken. :twisted:

Look on the bright side, at least you're not zombies. :twisted:

No, I can't turn *everybody* into an undead. ;)

That's the spirit, Minsc! :twisted:

Just don't eat Drow. :)

Of course not. :twisted:

Ey?

That's what I thought, when I heard that line the first time.

It is inevitable, mister Anderson. :twisted:

Oh yeah. :twisted:

HK-47 : Statement : Archaeic constructs who insist on stealing my lines, shall be rendered apart by many blasts from my tibanna powered high-energy concussion rifle. :shock:

Ah, but it's because it's such a *good* line, you know!

You have become... a wizard!!!! MWUAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA! :shock:

We're off to be a wizard for sure! :shock:

Still? :) I think he's surpassed the 'cope'-status and is well within the 'about to jump off a high-building'-status by now. :shock: Wicked woman, you. :)

Well, you know me, I do it because I like him. :D

#19 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:19 PM

*gulp* Valygar and Edwin? Noooo! (faints) My eyes, my eyes...

Eww! Much as I like Anomen in the game, I am glad for Rini that she chose Edwin. :D

“An arm and a head,” Edwin commented, hauling himself to his feet. “Took you some time to notice those little details, did it?”

Ah, I like these simple jokes...

The bard winked. “Sure thing, Eddie. And maybe in the meantime, maybe the rest of you could search this place for any spare heads? We won’t be long.”

:wink:

By the way, any chance of mildly erotic scenes soon? :D

Right. Practice. No spoon.

“Right,” Valygar muttered. “No spoon. Practice. Of course.” He found himself trying to shake of the feeling that the world was just an insane illusion, conjured by some sinister creature for the purposes of cruel entertainment, and that the illusion was beginning to crack at the edges. I need to get out here. It feels as if my mind is melting.

Oh dear. Now I am chanelling Valygar! :twisted:

*groan* A RL reference. Not again! And it was such a wonderful chapter, too. :)

Ah, yes. I recently read that in some town in Europe a new technique was invented: citizens were not buried normally, but cryogenized(correct?), meshed to the fine powder and buried - or, rather, used as a fertiliser. And their relatives, instead of coming to a grave with a headstone and everything, were encouraged to plant a tree over the grave - a great cycle of sorts. I was so shocked. :shock: In other words, Valy, do not let this mindless thing get you!

Heh, on one forum, a meatbag is a title for a novice. Now that I think of it, "Acolyte" is better. :)

The golem raised its leg, preparing to stomp down hard on Valygar’s head, squashing it like a ripe fruit. Valygar looked up at him, expecting to die. No! Can’t die…have to kill Lavok. Have to. I am the last.

Angst, angst... c'mon, Valy! You can win, I know you can!

With utter calm, Valygar raised his hand, his palm towards the bullets. There was another surge, deep inside, a rush of joy that threatened to overwhelm him, and then a sound that reminded him of rain falling. Looking down, he saw the bullets pattering to the metal floor. All except one, that was. That one bounced against the force emanating from him, and recoiled. Agent Rondel just had time to give Valygar a very surprised look before it buried itself deep within his left eye. There was a crackling sound, a shower of electric sparks, and the golem went down with a large crash. Moments later, Valygar sank to his knees beside his defeated opponent, his entire body shaking as the momentousness of what had happened began to sink in. The joy had passed now, leaving utter dread and revulsion behind.

I would have enjoyed the scene and description, but it is no longer BG. :D

Next: Valygar tries to cope. :)

As if! With Jan and Minsc in the party, it is im-pos-sib-le! :D

#20 Laufey

Posted 05 October 2005 - 03:20 PM

*gulp* Valygar and Edwin? Noooo! (faints) My eyes, my eyes...

It's an interesting idea, but I have no idea how it could possibly happen!

Eww! Much as I like Anomen in the game, I am glad for Rini that she chose Edwin. :P

I actually think he's rather cute here. :)

By the way, any chance of mildly erotic scenes soon? ;)

Well, I thought about it, but no good opportunities so far in the Planar Sphere. :D We'll see what happens when things calm down a bit.

Oh dear. Now I am chanelling Valygar! :twisted:

:)

*groan* A RL reference. Not again! And it was such a wonderful chapter, too. :wink:

Well, I did warn you there'd be more. :) I know you don't like them, but it's a style I enjoy, so now and then they'll crop up.

Angst, angst... c'mon, Valy! You can win, I know you can!

Of course he can!

I would have enjoyed the scene and description, but it is no longer BG. :D

See above.

As if! With Jan and Minsc in the party, it is im-pos-sib-le! :)

Poor man...I really and honestly will try to make it up to him later. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users