Notes on Specific Stories

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:31 PM

These notes are here to give you some extra information about individual stories and what I was thinking about and what I wanted to convey when I was writing and editing them. It also provides summaries so that you can know the general gist of a story before you read it. More will be added as I get stories edited and posted.

Scenes from a Childhood in Candlekeep

"The Final Test"

I wanted to highlight a few things about Brynn's relationship with Touga in this story, most notably how she hero-worships him. When she was young he was everything that she wanted to be, and though her feelings changed as she grew older and saw a little of the world for herself and began to recognize that even he was far from perfect, she never stopped admiring him and was more than willing to overlook his faults. At this point, however, Brynn absolutely adores him and as far as she's concerned he can do no wrong. She holds him up as a standard for excellence and can be overly self-critical when she compares herself to him or when she thinks something she's done might dissapoint him.

Curiosity

This was written for Quiz #156. If you want you can compare it to "The Final Test" and see how much Brynn changed as she grew up. Most of it can be attributed to the normal maturation, but a lot of it was Touga's influence as well. It's told from Gorion's point of view and it's one of my first attempts to nail down his personality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com