Photo

Tnt 136 : Conference Call

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Weyoun

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:12 AM

Finally, finally got this one finished! Oooff.. :D

Tnt 136 : Conference Call

The brown liquid raced down her throat to settle in her stomach. Soon enough, her stomach started to warm sharply. Then, the warm feeling slowly moved up her spine and finally settled in her brain. Slightly, ever so slightly, the warm feeling moved from the back to the front of her brain. Then suddenly...

"Oooohhh," Laska pinched her eyelids shut and braced herself against the bar as the man with the hammer paid a visit to her skull.

"Well, you're the first one who I've ever seen who can actually stomach this monstrosity of a drink," the friendly bartender spoke with a grin. "You can dissolve rocks with that crap."

"I... can... feel... that..." Laska wheezed and buried her hands in her hair. "My head's completely knackered! People only drink this if they're either mad or desperate!"

"So, you want another one?"

Laska perked up immediately. "Oh, yes, please!"

"As long as Phaere is picking up your tab," the bartender grinned. "I've seen you in the arena, so I'd hate to collect your bill."

"Having trouble with collecting bills?" Laska asked.

"Hey, you'd be surprised how many would-be gladiators and otherwise powerful Drow think they're too good to pay their bills. Phaere doesn't accept that kind of behaviour, and demand that we collect every penny. Why do you think there are so many armed guards here? Waiters and waitresses get hazard-pay around here," the bartender said. "No doubt Phaere will have you breaking legs for her sometime soon."

"I didn't think Phaere was the type for that," Laska said. "But if she wants me to help out..."

"Oh, Phaere can take a lot, but if she's pushed too far, well, you can fill in the blanks yourself, considering you're the one rolling around in her bed," the bartender smirked.

"You know about that?"

"Are you kidding? Everybody's talking about it here," the bartender chuckled. "It's been a long time since Phaere was interested in a single partner. I shouldn't say this, but we've got a betting pool going for how long it'll last. The last time was almost 30 years ago with that big male from the fighter's society, Solaufein. That lasted about the time needed to shave a dead dwarf."

"Phaere and Solaufein?" Laska grinned. "My, my, he probably didn't have the stamina to handle Phaere."

"Indeed, arrogant one," the bartender chuckled. "Another drink?"

"Don't stop till I'm woozy and fall off the stool," Laska grinned.

Unbeknownst to her, Viconia was looking at her from beyond a distance. Satisfied with what she saw, Viconia slipped away and headed for the stairs.

---

Viconia quietly slipped into the common room of the floor the party shared. All the others were gathered in the sitting room, most draped over the couch and many chairs.

"She'll be busy for a while," Viconia said as she took her seat.

"Imoen and I have sweeped the room with our strongest spells," Dynaheir spoke. "We can be sure nobody's listening in."

"That means we can talk freely," Keldorn spoke as he took the floor. "Very well, I have called you hear about two very important matters."

"Be it involvin' axes an' skulls?" Korgan, who was nearing a state of sleep, said.

"I keep telling you 'No', so why do you think the answer will be different this time?" Keldorn sighed.

"Ye might be so tired of me askin' fer it, ye let me bash some skulls?"

"No."

"Bloody bugger..." Korgan said and muttered obscenities. "Even a dwarf likes to have some fun every now and then!"

"Now, can we finally get to the business at hand?" Keldorn said. "For the first order of business, as you might have noticed, Laska is getting increasingly unstable. She seems to be giving in to her base instincts quite a lot lately."

"Oh," Imoen chuckled. "That's nothing special. She's always been an unconforming nut."

"Ah, believe me," Dynaheir chuckled. "Laska and base instincts are far from strangers."

"I meant, even more than usual," Keldorn said.

"She's still herself, she's still our friend and my sister!" Imoen suddenly responded with an uncharacteristic quiver of ferocity in her voice. "Sure, she's a bit strange at the moment. Come on, we all know her!"

"Yes, we all do," Viconia said. "And that's why we're worried."

"Laska is slowly going mad," Keldorn said bluntly. "Don't underestimate the influence of the god blood in her veins. She's not able to resist it now that her spirit has been ripped from her. Phaere's little games of seduction aren't good for her sanity either. Phaere toys with her like cat with a caught mouse."

Imoen rose from her seat. "But I had my soul yanked out too and I'm not getting, well, batty!" she said while pacing through the room. "I'm okay, she is too."

"Laska is not 'okay', not by far," Viconia said. "Laska has always been more powerful and stronger than you, so she's effected more. Evil gods are always drawn to the one with the most potential."

"So now I'm talentless all of a sudden?" Imoen huffed.

"Be happy Bhaal has no interest in you," Viconia said.

"I doubt this is Bhaal acting through the blood," Keldorn said. "Bhaal is dead and buried, but his essence remains and is seeking a new conduit to release power through. That power is naturally attracted to the potentially strongest wielder."

"Yep, quite mad," Jan said. "Just like my great-aunt Susan. Oh, she was mad... and a hatter too, so madness is part of her job description."

"Great, what was her problem?" Imoen asked.

"Oh, nothing serious. No inherent bloodlust or hunger for female flesh, no, no. It's just that she became quite afraid of actually saying any other word than 'chicken'."

"Chicken?"

"Yes, chicken," Jan said. "As you can see, it quite put a damper on communication, so we had to work out a system. So 'chicken' meant 'yes', and 'chicken' meant 'no'. 'chicken' in turn, meant 'I'm hungry' while 'chicken' meant 'I'd like a turnip, please'. Heh, that last one was used quite a lot. Then there was 'chicken', which meant 'hello'. And, of course, 'chicken', which meant 'Dammit, you're standing on my foot!'."

"Wait a minute, all those asses sound the same!" Dynaheir exclaimed.

"Not quite. You see, it's all about the intonation. 'chicken' is another 'chicken' than 'chicken', while 'chicken' sounds completely different from 'chicken'. You see? Chicken chicken chicken," Jan said.

"Chicken chicken chicken?" Keldorn sighed heavily while burying his hands in his hair, which her admittedly turned a lot grayer and thinner since he had joined this particular party.

"Yes! Chicken chicken chicken. Hello, I'm hungry. I'd like a turnip, please!"

"So, what violent and horrible ending did she end up with?" Viconia said. "Or was that stupid of me to ask."

"Well," Jan said. "During the 3025th family picnic, she fell into a pond. She was shouting 'chicken! chicken! chicken!' all over again, but unfortunately we never taught her how to say 'help, help I'm drowning'. Honestly, how were we supposed to know? We just kept throwing her turnips. She didn't drown, though. Sea-griffin got her."

"BACK to the business at hand," Keldorn said while the rest of the party groaned and Korgan's snores started to fill the room. "We have to deal with Laska's madness. It's getting worse and worse. If push comes to shove, we might even have to consider... Drastic measures?"

"What?! NO!" Imoen shouted "I won't let you!"

"Touch 'er and feel me axe," Korgan replied. "I be seein' nothin' wrong with 'er. In fact, she be gettin' a whole lot better since she got her. Less o' all that 'morals' crap and more inta havin' some bloody fun."

"I'm sure it won't come to that," Keldorn sighed, ignoring the dwarf. "I hope it won't come to that, but... Laska might end up making the decision for us. We'll have to do everything to avoid..."

"She won't turn on us! I know it!" Imoen said, then slinked back into her seat. "I just know it," she whispered.

"What we need to do," Keldorn said, "Is to do what we came here to do : to get the dragon eggs. Once we have them, we'll have to take her away from this foul place and that'll probably go a long way to help her get back on track."

"Corruption is everywhere, Keldorn," Viconia replied as she shifted position in her lazy chair. "Granted it's more opulent here, but... if the blood taints her here, it will taint her on the surface."

"Will you STOP it! Stop talking like this!" Imoen all but screeched.

"Moving on then," Keldorn said. "We have to concentrate on liberating the eggs. And it's not going to be easy. The temple of Lolth is suspended at the very top of the city with only one way in and out : the front door."

"Can we sneak in by using a zipline from one of the walkways running alongside the temple?" Imoen asked.

"Not a chance," Viconia said. "The temple is round and in the center of a very busy vein in the city. They'll see you at any time of day and cut the line... and then you're in for a 1000 foot drop to the lower city below."

Imoen gulped. "Splat," she muttered.

"We need a plan," Keldorn said.

"AHAH!" Minsc roared, "Minsc knows! We storm the front door! Use the short Drow to hammer into the tall Drow and kick the entire temple to bits! Then, when the temple falls, we surf it down! Then, we take the eggs, run away when the Drows are confused and give the eggs to the good dragon so we can all be heroes! HUZZAAH!"

Everybody groaned, including Boo.

"A plan that won't get us killed?" Keldorn tried.

"We need to find a way to sneak inside," Viconia said. "That's hard enough. I think we can rely on Imoen's skills to liberate the eggs, but we cannot simply remove them. Ardulace will lock up the city and hunt us down if the eggs go missing. They're only things than keep Adalon from obliterating her war, and with it, her plans for glory."

"What do you suggest?" Keldorn asked.

"Wait a minute," Dynaheir said. "Who put thee in charge anyway?"

"Would you rather have Minsc lead and surf a building as it crashes down?" Keldorn blink.

"The point is made," Dynaheir sighed.

"We should hire an artisan to carve us a set of fake dragon eggs. Getting the fakes in and the eggs out of the temple and the city will be the easy part. We can simply hide them into our Bag of Holding," Viconia said.

"That might work on my blind aunt Helen," Jan smiled. "But won't that nosey matron mommy know that we've knicked her eggs?"

"A tradehouse matron would inspect her goods thoroughly and would know immediately," Viconia spoke. "But Ardulace is a very stereotypical religious matron. We had dozens of those back in Menzoberranzan. She would have settled for a quick glance at her prize and a bit of a chuckle before she'd head back to her altar. She'll never notice that the real eggs have been replaced."

"It sounds like we have the workings of a plan," Keldorn said. "Jan. I want you and Dynaheir to observe the temple and see who and what goes in and comes out. Maybe an opportunity will present itself."

"I'll search for an artist," Viconia said. "I recognize a professional when I see one."

"I'll go with Vic!" Imoen proclaimed.

"Very well, then," Keldorn said. "Let's get to it. Oh, and make sure Laska hears nothing of this. We can't be sure she won't betray us to Phaere."

"But..." Imoen started to say, but Keldorn met her gaze.

"Can you honestly say she won't tell Phaere if push comes to shove?" Keldorn said.

Imoen remained silent for a while.

In the background, Korgan's heavy snored filled the silence.

TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#2 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 08 April 2004 - 02:15 AM

"No doubt Phaere will have you breaking legs for her sometime soon."

Laska Leafwalker as... Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri... :wink:

She seems to be giving in to her base instincts quite a lot lately

More so than usual, and that's really saying something.

"Sure, she's a bit strange at the moment. Come on, we all know her!"

And speaking perfectly seriously, you're too close to her to be able to accurately see what's going on. She's having problems, but you can't see them because you're "down in the trenches" so to speak, with her. The rest of the group, like, say, Keldorn, might just be a touch more objective and therefore able to think clearly about the situation.

So, no offense, little sis, but you're wrong, here.

"I'm okay, she is too."

You're "okay," huh? "Okay" usually involves some kind of rationality. How rational are we being right now? Answer: Not very. Sorry, Im.

Agreed. What Viconia said.

"She won't turn on us! I know it!" Imoen said, then slinked back into her seat. "I just know it," she whispered.

Imoen (The Omega version): (Sigh) "Wake up and smell the napalm, kid. Laska's gone just a trifle ways around the bend. This whole 'not having a soul' thing isn't exactly healthy for her, and neither is this running carnival she's got going with Phaere. You want to help her, you feel you ought to stick by her. Fair enough. I know that feeling. But if you want to help her, give her a good, solid kick in the butt. She needs one."

:D

"Can you honestly say she won't tell Phaere if push comes to shove?" Keldorn said.

And that's just the problem, isn't it? The answer to that question is probably "no".

#3 Guest_Userunfriendly_*

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:53 AM

yay!!! great episode!!!

more of a transition, but hey, gotta write those transition pieces...sorry i didn't comment on your 25th birthday...

chicken??? i would have thought she would end up getting married to mellencamp :D :wink: :wink:

#4 Guest_argan_*

Posted 08 April 2004 - 11:09 AM

Good chapter :D

#5 Guest_Falenangl_*

Posted 08 April 2004 - 02:55 PM

Hello there!

I'm a long time reader of TNT, but this is my first time ever submitting a review of any kind. Let me just get out there and say that this is the finest work of BG fan fiction I've ever read, and I've likely read the entire thing at least four times - I have a lot of time on my hands. Keep up the good work! :wink: :wink:

Okay, onto the comments:

"I... can... feel... that..." Laska wheezed and buried her hands in her hair. "My head's completely knackered! People only drink this if they're either mad or desperate!"

So good to see Laska tanked again - too much sex and violence, she needs to have her triumvirate of vices completed. :D

"Be it involvin' axes an' skulls?" Korgan, who was nearing a state of sleep, said.

"I keep telling you 'No', so why do you think the answer will be different this time?" Keldorn sighed.

"No."

"Bloody bugger..." Korgan said and muttered obscenities. "Even a dwarf likes to have some fun every now and then!"

Only Korgan. :wink: I love the balance you've struck between your own good humor and his really evil nature - he couldn't thrive in a fiction otherwise.

"Now, can we finally get to the business at hand?" Keldorn said. "For the first order of business, as you might have noticed, Laska is getting increasingly unstable. She seems to be giving in to her base instincts quite a lot lately."

"Laska is slowly going mad," Keldorn said bluntly. "Don't underestimate the influence of the god blood in her veins. She's not able to resist it now that her spirit has been ripped from her. Phaere's little games of seduction aren't good for her sanity either. Phaere toys with her like cat with a caught mouse."

"BACK to the business at hand," Keldorn said while the rest of the party groaned and Korgan's snores started to fill the room. "We have to deal with Laska's madness. It's getting worse and worse. If push comes to shove, we might even have to consider... Drastic measures?"

I've been wondering when somebody in that party was going to see Laska as a danger rather than a leader - here's hoping they can subdue what's left of her mind nonviolently. I don't think I'd place bets on Laska if they all went against her, but I'm sure she'd take at least three down first.

"She's still herself, she's still our friend and my sister!" Imoen suddenly responded with an uncharacteristic quiver of ferocity in her voice. "Sure, she's a bit strange at the moment. Come on, we all know her!"

Poor Imoen - still as optimistic as ever, but fast losing her hope in the bowels of the drow and the face of her insane sister. :D

"AHAH!" Minsc roared, "Minsc knows! We storm the front door! Use the short Drow to hammer into the tall Drow and kick the entire temple to bits! Then, when the temple falls, we surf it down! Then, we take the eggs, run away when the Drows are confused and give the eggs to the good dragon so we can all be heroes! HUZZAAH!"

:D Oh dear lord. Wouldn't work in a billion years, but it'd be really fun to watch.

Classic Weyoun humor - when Boo doesn't agree, you know its wrong. :(

"Would you rather have Minsc lead and surf a building as it crashes down?" Keldorn blink.

"The point is made," Dynaheir sighed.

It's a tough choice, I admit.

"I'll search for an artist," Viconia said. "I recognize a professional when I see one."

"I'll go with Vic!" Imoen proclaimed.

Ooh yeah - looks like Imoen knows a professional when she sees one as well. :D

"Very well, then," Keldorn said. "Let's get to it. Oh, and make sure Laska hears nothing of this. We can't be sure she won't betray us to Phaere."

Hoo boy. There's gonna be a clash coming up - I can feel it.

Another terrific chapter. On another note, are you ever going to put all these chapters up on the original TNT web page? It was really handy to be able to read them all in one place.

Keep it up!

- Falenangl

"If there were no God, it would be necessary to invent him." - Voltaire

"The only person who controls me is me, and that's just barely possible." - John Lennon

"I was too stoned to remember." - Ringo Starr

#6 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:13 PM

Well, I think that drinking is preferable to indulging in brutal, violent killings or attempts to carve out tattoo’s from her skin… so, go Laska!

"Hey, you'd be surprised how many would-be gladiators and otherwise powerful Drow think they're too good to pay their bills. Phaere doesn't accept that kind of behaviour, and demand that we collect every penny. Why do you think there are so many armed guards here? Waiters and waitresses get hazard-pay around here," the bartender said. "No doubt Phaere will have you breaking legs for her sometime soon."

Now, don’t encourage Laska! She’s had enough blood sports already… :lol:

"Are you kidding? Everybody's talking about it here," the bartender chuckled. "It's been a long time since Phaere was interested in a single partner. I shouldn't say this, but we've got a betting pool going for how long it'll last. The last time was almost 30 years ago with that big male from the fighter's society, Solaufein. That lasted about the time needed to shave a dead dwarf."

With appropriate tools… or bare-handed? :P

"Phaere and Solaufein?" Laska grinned. "My, my, he probably didn't have the stamina to handle Phaere."

Well, he sure didn’t have stamina like yours, Laska.

It’s called “hope”, Keldy…

"No."

Awww…

Well, she doesn’t know about that self-mutilation attempt, does she… :(

And she does it oh SO well… :D

And hope that nothing changes in this regard… :D

"Chicken chicken chicken?" Keldorn sighed heavily while burying his hands in his hair, which her admittedly turned a lot grayer and thinner since he had joined this particular party.

He’ll be wearing a wig by the end of the ToB.

"Well," Jan said. "During the 3025th family picnic, she fell into a pond. She was shouting 'chicken! chicken! chicken!' all over again, but unfortunately we never taught her how to say 'help, help I'm drowning'. Honestly, how were we supposed to know? We just kept throwing her turnips. She didn't drown, though. Sea-griffin got her."

:D That was cruel, tossing a barrage of turnips at a drowning woman… :D

Aye… you don’t want Laska acting like this on the surface… :)

"What we need to do," Keldorn said, "Is to do what we came here to do : to get the dragon eggs. Once we have them, we'll have to take her away from this foul place and that'll probably go a long way to help her get back on track."

Yeah, drag her back to surface, that oughta help…

"Corruption is everywhere, Keldorn," Viconia replied as she shifted position in her lazy chair. "Granted it's more opulent here, but... if the blood taints her here, it will taint her on the surface."

I don’t think so… there’s Rose back in Athkatla… and another thing is that Laska’s an elf, after all… and any elf would go mad in the Underdark, sooner or later…

"Not a chance," Viconia said. "The temple is round and in the center of a very busy vein in the city. They'll see you at any time of day and cut the line... and then you're in for a 1000 foot drop to the lower city below."

Imoen gulped. "Splat," she muttered.

Unless you can levitate in your drow bodies.

Do you have a better plan, Boo? :D

"What do you suggest?" Keldorn asked.

And just *what* is your problem with that?

"We should hire an artisan to carve us a set of fake dragon eggs. Getting the fakes in and the eggs out of the temple and the city will be the easy part. We can simply hide them into our Bag of Holding," Viconia said.

Just ask the Easter Bunny for a set of false eggs.

Maybe Phaere would fancy putting one over on the Matron Mother and ending the war, though. :D

#7 Weyoun

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:51 PM

Laska Leafwalker as... Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri... :D

More like scarface. :D

More so than usual, and that's really saying something.

LOL! Oh, yes, for Laska it's extreme. :P

And speaking perfectly seriously, you're too close to her to be able to accurately see what's going on. She's having problems, but you can't see them because you're "down in the trenches" so to speak, with her. The rest of the group, like, say, Keldorn, might just be a touch more objective and therefore able to think clearly about the situation.

True, very true. Imoen will defend her sister to the death, though... and that's not far off in this case. :D

Agreed. What Viconia said.

Aye, quite lucky. :lol:

Imoen (The Omega version): (Sigh) "Wake up and smell the napalm, kid. Laska's gone just a trifle ways around the bend. This whole 'not having a soul' thing isn't exactly healthy for her, and neither is this running carnival she's got going with Phaere. You want to help her, you feel you ought to stick by her. Fair enough. I know that feeling. But if you want to help her, give her a good, solid kick in the butt. She needs one."

Right now, Imoen thinks it's all Phaere's fault.

And that's just the problem, isn't it? The answer to that question is probably "no".

Right. It's a sad situation. :D

Thanks for commenting,
---Weyoun

---

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#8 Weyoun

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:52 PM

yay!!! great episode!!!

Thanks! :)

more of a transition, but hey, gotta write those transition pieces...sorry i didn't comment on your 25th birthday...

That's okay. It kinda happened anyway. :( Thanks. And transitions are good. :D They write quite well. :D

chicken??? i would have thought she would end up getting married to mellencamp :D :P :lol:

LOL! Oh, dear god, that's twisted! :D

---Weyoun

---

---

#9 Weyoun

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:52 PM

Good chapter :D

Thanks! And thanks for commenting,
---Weyoun

---

---

#10 Weyoun

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:02 PM

Hello there!

Hi!

I'm a long time reader of TNT, but this is my first time ever submitting a review of any kind. Let me just get out there and say that this is the finest work of BG fan fiction I've ever read, and I've likely read the entire thing at least four times - I have a lot of time on my hands. Keep up the good work! :D :D

Four times?! Are you daft?! :D

Just kidding. :D Thanks for the compliment. It's very touching.

So good to see Laska tanked again - too much sex and violence, she needs to have her triumvirate of vices completed. :D

LOL! Laska gets around... mostly around a keg of booze. :D

Only Korgan. :P I love the balance you've struck between your own good humor and his really evil nature - he couldn't thrive in a fiction otherwise.

Certainly not in a party with all those goodies that is (final insult) led by an elf. :D

I've been wondering when somebody in that party was going to see Laska as a danger rather than a leader - here's hoping they can subdue what's left of her mind nonviolently. I don't think I'd place bets on Laska if they all went against her, but I'm sure she'd take at least three down first.

It'd be one hell of a fight, that's for sure. I'm not sure who'd win.

Poor Imoen - still as optimistic as ever, but fast losing her hope in the bowels of the drow and the face of her insane sister. :D

Yeah. :D Their only hope is to get Laska away from Ust Natha.

:) Oh dear lord. Wouldn't work in a billion years, but it'd be really fun to watch.

LOL! Almost as fun as Bus-Surfing. :D

Classic Weyoun humor - when Boo doesn't agree, you know its wrong. :D

:lol:

Ooh yeah - looks like Imoen knows a professional when she sees one as well. :D

*snicker* Lotsa professionals around. :D

Hoo boy. There's gonna be a clash coming up - I can feel it.

*whistles innocently*

Another terrific chapter. On another note, are you ever going to put all these chapters up on the original TNT web page? It was really handy to be able to read them all in one place.

Glad you liked the story. And, yes, um, another update is coming... I'm afraid I've been dreadfully lazy about that. :(

Keep it up!

Thanks! I intend to!

---Weyoun

---

---

#11 Weyoun

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:08 PM

Well, I think that drinking is preferable to indulging in brutal, violent killings or attempts to carve out tattoo’s from her skin… so, go Laska!

LOL! Just stand between Laska and the keg and the killings will start again. :D

Now, don’t encourage Laska! She’s had enough blood sports already… :D

LOL!

With appropriate tools… or bare-handed? :lol:

You don't want to know. :D

Well, he sure didn’t have stamina like yours, Laska.

:D Laska can keep going all day. :D

It’s called “hope”, Keldy…

True. Korgan is the most positive thinker in the party. :)

Well, she doesn’t know about that self-mutilation attempt, does she… :D

No. :D

And she does it oh SO well… :D

LOL! Phaere's been doing it for decades. :?

:? That was cruel, tossing a barrage of turnips at a drowning woman… :P

LOL! Mean, counterproductive and a waste of good food. :D

Aye… you don’t want Laska acting like this on the surface… :D

True...

Yeah, drag her back to surface, that oughta help…

Not without the eggs, though. :D

I don’t think so… there’s Rose back in Athkatla… and another thing is that Laska’s an elf, after all… and any elf would go mad in the Underdark, sooner or later…

That's true, but Laska is, despite her recent change, still not entirely attuned to nature. Plus there's plenty to roam and explore in the Underdark and she's not claustrophobic. She'll be fine as long as she keeps moving and the caverns aren't too small and confining.

Unless you can levitate in your drow bodies.

I'm afraid they can't. :D

Do you have a better plan, Boo? :(

Better than surfing on top of a plummeting building, you mean? :D

Just ask the Easter Bunny for a set of false eggs.

Korgan will eat it and nobody'll have eggs. :D

Maybe Phaere would fancy putting one over on the Matron Mother and ending the war, though. :D

Ssssshhhhht! Don't give away the bloody plot! :D :D

Thanks for commenting,
---Weyoun

---

---

#12 Arcalian

Posted 09 April 2004 - 02:17 AM

*sneaks up behind Evil Laska, whispers "cleavage" and runs like hell*
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#13 Laufey

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:57 AM

The brown liquid raced down her throat to settle in her stomach. Soon enough, her stomach started to warm sharply. Then, the warm feeling slowly moved up her spine and finally settled in her brain. Slightly, ever so slightly, the warm feeling moved from the back to the front of her brain. Then suddenly...

"Oooohhh," Laska pinched her eyelids shut and braced herself against the bar as the man with the hammer paid a visit to her skull.

"Well, you're the first one who I've ever seen who can actually stomach this monstrosity of a drink," the friendly bartender spoke with a grin. "You can dissolve rocks with that crap."

What was it? Coke? :(

"That means we can talk freely," Keldorn spoke as he took the floor. "Very well, I have called you hear about two very important matters."

"No."

LOL! Oh, dear. Poor, poor Keldorn.

"Yes, chicken," Jan said. "As you can see, it quite put a damper on communication, so we had to work out a system. So 'chicken' meant 'yes', and 'chicken' meant 'no'. 'chicken' in turn, meant 'I'm hungry' while 'chicken' meant 'I'd like a turnip, please'. Heh, that last one was used quite a lot. Then there was 'chicken', which meant 'hello'. And, of course, 'chicken', which meant 'Dammit, you're standing on my foot!'."

Of course. :D

'asses'?

"Not quite. You see, it's all about the intonation. 'chicken' is another 'chicken' than 'chicken', while 'chicken' sounds completely different from 'chicken'. You see? Chicken chicken chicken," Jan said.

*snicker* Keldy will be as bald as Sarevok before they reach the Throne, I suspect.

Not talking about it won't help though. :)

Typical Minsc plan. :(

No, Laska is losing it...but would she really betray her friends?
Rogues do it from behind.

#14 Guest_Withiel_*

Posted 10 April 2004 - 08:12 PM

Irritatingly, by the time I read this, almost everything I wanted to comment on has alreadly been said by people less lazy than myself (although that's not really saying much).
However, I still thought it was an excellent chapter, allowing all the members of the extended party a say for once, which makes an interesting change from all the "close-up" chapters we've been having recently. However, this does bring me to one of the series' only real flaws, in my opinion. To whit, the walking abomination unto the earth that is Jan Jansen. Why is it allowed to talk, and must it continue to exist?
Despite this, the hideous creature's speech actually raised a laugh for me, so I take my metaphorical hat off to the Esteemed Writer.
The characterisations are, as ever, spot on and yet original, but I still prefer Minsc's plan.
Can't wait for the result of all this buildup,
Withiel.

#15 Guest_TheBeastlordJohnny_*

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:18 PM

Well...

Very tense. I like this.

Sorry I can't comment more, but it's 11.08pm and I'm unusually tired.

Sorry also about the delay, I know I'm normally more prompt with my Atticking sessions, but I've discovered the joy of "Atari ST Emulation" (I used to own an ST) and I've wasted time sorting through all my old ST disks. And playing Turrican. And slowly creeping forward on the Goldoran Epic. And revising for exams.

But anyhow... I liked this. A refreshing change of mood from the previous few chapters, which involved sex, violence, sex, violence, and sex and violence.

Still, keep it up now.

#16 Guest_RickTaylor_*

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:16 AM

Hello Weyoun,

Thanks for another chapter!

Nice description.

Ugh! She's crazy. What will she do when she gets back home and has to settle for ordinary spirits, I wonder.

:) The time it takes to shave a dead dwarf? I guess that's not very long. Those dark elves...
I wonder if Solaufein will make an appearance.

"No."

:lol: It's a good thing Korgan joined up with this party. He's an amiable fellow, but he'd probably be doing some horrible things if he joined up with the wrong company.

Imoen rose from her seat. "But I had my soul yanked out too and I'm not getting, well, batty!" she said while pacing through the room. "I'm okay, she is too."

Um, Imoen, she's turning into a bloodthirsty monster. :)

Good portrayal of a character in denial.

"Yep, quite mad," Jan said. "Just like my great-aunt Susan. Oh, she was mad... and a hatter too, so madness is part of her job description."

"Great, what was her problem?" Imoen asked.

For once, Jan's interruption is a relief given the grim nature of what they were talking about. I'll bet that's why Imoen was so quick to take the bait.

I'd usually expect Dynaheir to be too smart to play the straight woman to Jan. I guess she's pretty disturbed by all this as well. Laska's descent must be even more painful for her, given her memories of losing her own soul. By the way, "asses"?

"Touch 'er and feel me axe," Korgan replied. "I be seein' nothin' wrong with 'er. In fact, she be gettin' a whole lot better since she got her. Less o' all that 'morals' crap and more inta havin' some bloody fun."

Like I said before...

Sounds like a plan. Thank goodness they have Viconia with them.

In the background, Korgan's heavy snored filled the silence.

Nice finish. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all works out.

--Rick Taylor

#17 Guest_cdrradar_*

Posted 12 April 2004 - 07:45 PM

Wow, Laska drunk. She must've drained Ust Natha dry of all the alcohol down there, and I'd hate to see the condition of her kidneys at this point...

I suppose it's about time the rest of the party had this talk. Yeah, Laska's losing it, and she's really enjoying it. That's the thing.

It is amusing, however, and I would like to see just who would come out on top between her and Phaere... Maybe Phaere might actually fall in love with Laska? :lol:

#18 Weyoun

Posted 13 April 2004 - 07:39 PM

*sneaks up behind Evil Laska, whispers "cleavage" and runs like hell*

LOL!

Thanks,
---Weyoun

---

---

#19 Weyoun

Posted 13 April 2004 - 07:44 PM

What was it? Coke? :(

Pepsi. :(

LOL! Oh, dear. Poor, poor Keldorn.

Poor Korgan, more like. He's the one most suffering. :D

Of course. :D

:D

'asses'?

Ah, a joke that didn't work, I see. :D

*snicker* Keldy will be as bald as Sarevok before they reach the Throne, I suspect.

LOL! There's an image! :D

Not talking about it won't help though. :D

:P

Typical Minsc plan. :D

Grand in size, small in brain. :D

No, Laska is losing it...but would she really betray her friends?

We'll have to see. :D

---Weyoun

---

---

#20 Weyoun

Posted 13 April 2004 - 07:45 PM

Well...

Very tense. I like this.

Thanks!

Sorry also about the delay, I know I'm normally more prompt with my Atticking sessions, but I've discovered the joy of "Atari ST Emulation" (I used to own an ST) and I've wasted time sorting through all my old ST disks. And playing Turrican. And slowly creeping forward on the Goldoran Epic. And revising for exams.

Emulators, oh, my! I love replaying the old megaman games on a NES emulator. And SNES emulators... I never really owned an SNES or the games, but that doesn't stop me. :D

But anyhow... I liked this. A refreshing change of mood from the previous few chapters, which involved sex, violence, sex, violence, and sex and violence.

Still, keep it up now.

Thnaks! I intend to! :D

---Weyoun

---

---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com