Plot Bunny Thread?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ursula_*

Posted 30 March 2004 - 02:27 PM

Hi! I was wondering. On other boards (in other fandoms) they sometimes have plot bunny threads: people contribute ideas that they have, some angle or unusual twist that they find compelling...but which the person thinking of the idea just doesn't have the inspiration/time/what-not to follow up on the idea.

I don't know whether any of you would be interested in such a thing. But here goes... Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ;)

Here are a couple of pb's.

1. I'm sort of curious about Keldorn's exploits as a squire. In his conversation w/ Yoshimo, we find out that Keldy used to sing dodgy songs. But was that it? Were there any further chinks in the youthful Keldorn's armor?

2. Moirala Delryn, Anomen's ma. ::edit:: We hear a little bit about her via Anomen's lovetalks--and Cor's sniping. She was well known to Sir Ryan Trawl, a devotee to Helm's faith. There is doubt as upon whom to lay the "blame" for her demise. Cor likens Anomen's foolishness to Moirala's.

But who was she really? What were the real details of her life...and death?

Well, thanks for indulging an old fool. :)

#2 Guest_Oyster Girl_*

Posted 30 March 2004 - 02:54 PM

Hi! I was wondering. On other boards (in other fandoms) they sometimes have plot bunny threads: people contribute ideas that they have, some angle or unusual twist that they find compelling...but which the person thinking of the idea just doesn't have the inspiration/time/what-not to follow up on the idea.

And to get the bunny to hop on over to someone else's head and let you work on a UFO (UnFinished Object) in peace. ;)

1. I'm sort of curious about Keldorn's exploits as a squire. In his conversation w/ Yoshimo, we find out that Keldy used to sing dodgy songs. But was that it? Were there any further chinks in the youthful Keldorn's armor?

*evil chuckle* You'll have to hunt through the archives a bit, but Darkrose's Mirrors of Honor dips into that territory via flashback. Only valid for Sionel's Keldorn, of course.

2. Moirala Delryn, Anomen's ma. We hear a bit about her via Anomen's lovetalks--and Cor's sniping. She lead a column in the Radiant Heart. She was well known to Sir Ryan Trawl. She was devout in Helm's faith. She was away frequently. There is doubt as upon whom to lay the "blame" for her demise.

*blinks*

*blinks*

How the FRELL did we all miss that one?!? And of course this week will be even busier than usual, and I can't go digging into the dialogue files....

*grumbles*

#3 Guest_Ursula_*

Posted 30 March 2004 - 03:05 PM

And to get the bunny to hop on over to someone else's head and let you work on a UFO (UnFinished Object) in peace. :cry:

;) Um, err, well, yes. I would not be overestimating--rather the reverse--to claim that I have at least 24 WIPs on my hd.

*evil chuckle* You'll have to hunt through the archives a bit, but Darkrose's Mirrors of Honor dips into that territory via flashback. Only valid for Sionel's Keldorn, of course.

Oh, yes! I've read that. :) Someone had a nice selection of fanfics on a website called "Tales of the Copper Coronet," and I really enjoyed Sionel's adventures. Blue Screen was there, too; yay!!! And there was another WIP that I really, really wanted to see the conclusion of, one where Anomen was framed for a crime by Saerk's daughter. :oops:

*blinks*

*blinks*

How the FRELL did we all miss that one?!? And of course this week will be even busier than usual, and I can't go digging into the dialogue files....

*grumbles*

It's not a matter of missing something; it's just called someone :) has/had too much time on her hands.

#4 Guest_Oyster Girl_*

Posted 30 March 2004 - 03:25 PM

And to get the bunny to hop on over to someone else's head and let you work on a UFO (UnFinished Object) in peace. :cry:

;) Um, err, well, yes. I would not be overestimating--rather the reverse--to claim that I have at least 24 WIPs on my hd.

*chuckles and starts counting BG UFOs* City, Blue Screen, A Dangerous Business that have had parts posted, Sins of the Father and Music of the Night that are heavily outlined and partly written but Not Ready for Prime Time.

Oh, yes! I've read that. :) Someone had a nice selection of fanfics on a website called "Tales of the Copper Coronet," and I really enjoyed Sionel's adventures. Blue Screen was there, too; yay!!! And there was another WIP that I really, really wanted to see the conclusion of, one where Anomen was framed for a crime by Saerk's daughter. :oops:

That was Darkrose' site. She changed ISPs and hasn't recreated her archive. Time to send her a round tuit. Or find one for myself and get our new archive up and running. Unfortunately, "OGirl" has been short for "Overtime Girl" lately. *nods off*

*grumbles*

It's not a matter of missing something; it's just called someone :) has/had too much time on her hands.

I thought I had read through every Anomen dialogue in the game. Obviously, I missed something. Context? Pretty please? I'll slip you some of Draco's chocolate-covered strawberries....

#5 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 30 March 2004 - 03:26 PM

I don't know whether any of you would be interested in such a thing. But here goes... Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

I like this idea, Ursula! I have had many such ideas over the last year, but since they didn't fit in the main storyline of Rush, I had to abandon them and they went forgotten... I'll try to remember some, if I can...

Oh, I am sure he was quite the rascal... just like my Lil' Jaheira... :)

And speaking of Keldorn... yeah, I've got a twisted mind, but I would really like to see a Keldorn-PC romance... no, not similar to Ophidia's Keldorn romance! ;) With a female, for a change... :oops:

I started to think about it when I discovered that it could be made more plausible by solving Keldorn's family quest in a way that most people are not even aware of. If you do not send Maria to prison, but instead goad Keldy into killing Sir William, Maria will take the children and run out of him... leaving him alone. He just might be vulnerable enough to fall for charms of another... :cry:

2. Moirala Delryn, Anomen's ma. We hear a bit about her via Anomen's lovetalks--and Cor's sniping. She lead a column in the Radiant Heart. She was well known to Sir Ryan Trawl. She was devout in Helm's faith. She was away frequently. There is doubt as upon whom to lay the "blame" for her demise.

I think MorningGlory did a wonderful job of exploring this in her "The Angst and The Analyst"... I really recommend you to read that story.

#6 Guest_MorningGlory_*

Posted 30 March 2004 - 04:19 PM

I think MorningGlory did a wonderful job of exploring this in her "The Angst and The Analyst"... I really recommend you to read that story.

Oh, gosh.. Thanks, Theo.. I appreciate those kind words. *blushes profusely* I would like to say that in my basic research, I found nothing contrary to what I portrayed in A&A.. Therefore, what is contained there is purely supposition. But it all seemed to 'fit'. ;)

FYI, it is posted in the Cellar. No waiting, free admission.. :) :oops:

MG

#7 Laufey

Posted 30 March 2004 - 04:47 PM

Eh? ;) I thought I had been through all the Anomen dialogues with a finetoothed comb, but I admit I totally missed this. Do you remember which dialogue it was in?
Rogues do it from behind.

#8 Guest_Ursula_*

Posted 30 March 2004 - 06:36 PM

Oh, gosh.. Thanks, Theo.. I appreciate those kind words. *blushes profusely* I would like to say that in my basic research, I found nothing contrary to what I portrayed in A&A.. Therefore, what is contained there is purely supposition. But it all seemed to 'fit'. ;)

FYI, it is posted in the Cellar. No waiting, free admission.. :) :oops:

MG

Kewl beanz!!!! You're a person after my own heart. :)

Sorry I didn't notice. :cry: I usually get so overwhelmed by the Series boards that it takes a lot of adrenaline to actually click on the link. So many stories. So many GOOD stories. And yet there's so little time to respond to them in a fitting way.

But thanks! Now I've got something on my list. :D

#9 Guest_Ursula_*

Posted 30 March 2004 - 06:40 PM

Eh? ;) I thought I had been through all the Anomen dialogues with a finetoothed comb, but I admit I totally missed this. Do you remember which dialogue it was in?

I goofed! :) I thought I read something about him being inspired (as a kid) by watching her at the head of her own column/wing, but I checked and I don't see it anywheres, so it must be a fragment of my own, overactive imagination.

I'm really really sorry. :oops:

#10 Luned

Posted 30 March 2004 - 07:57 PM

And speaking of Keldorn... yeah, I've got a twisted mind, but I would really like to see a Keldorn-PC romance... no, not similar to Ophidia's Keldorn romance! With a female, for a change...

I started to think about it when I discovered that it could be made more plausible by solving Keldorn's family quest in a way that most people are not even aware of. If you do not send Maria to prison, but instead goad Keldy into killing Sir William, Maria will take the children and run out of him... leaving him alone. He just might be vulnerable enough to fall for charms of another...

Though I'm a little uncomfortable with making a paladin do that. Just to me, that's cutting the alignment question pretty close. My solution for the Rune stories was to have a definitely-guilty Maria commit suicide before Endarune appeared on the scene. I toyed around with an actual dialogue tree for a Keldorn-PC romance, but never got too far.
Cheesecake is a state of mind.

<i>---John Myers Myers, <u>Silverlock</u></i>

#11 Guest_Silrana_*

Posted 30 March 2004 - 08:47 PM

And speaking of Keldorn... yeah, I've got a twisted mind, but I would really like to see a Keldorn-PC romance... no, not similar to Ophidia's Keldorn romance! ;) With a female, for a change... :)

As Luned pointed out, she has a wonderful Keldorn romance story, if we could just get her to write more of it!

One of my earliest short stories dealt with the subject of what if a PC fell in love with Keldorn, then was faced with the Maria problem. If anyone cares to look it up, it's in the Cellar and is named Where The Heart Is.

#12 Guest_Silrana_*

Posted 30 March 2004 - 08:50 PM

I goofed! :) I thought I read something about him being inspired (as a kid) by watching her at the head of her own column/wing, but I checked and I don't see it anywheres, so it must be a fragment of my own, overactive imagination.

Ah, I think I know the one you are thinking of. He was inspired as a child, but he was being held in his mother's arms as the column rode by.

#13 Guest_Ursula_*

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:17 PM

Ah, I think I know the one you are thinking of. He was inspired as a child, but he was being held in his mother's arms as the column rode by.

Oooh. Silly me! I think I misinterpreted the "arm" as being her wing, her division, as opposed to being her appendages. :? :) But thanks. I feel really stupid.

#14 Guest_Ursula_*

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:25 PM

That was Darkrose' site. She changed ISPs and hasn't recreated her archive. Time to send her a round tuit. Or find one for myself and get our new archive up and running. Unfortunately, "OGirl" has been short for "Overtime Girl" lately. *nods off*

Yikes! Well, maybe she can't post anything new (?), but the stuff at her old site can still be reached, though. http://www.speakeasy...rose/tales.html

And I goofed. I read too much into something. Silrana was kind enough to point out the error. :? I'm very sorry for having led you astray, though. :) :)

#15 Guest_Silrana_*

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:29 AM

Oooh. Silly me! I think I misinterpreted the "arm" as being her wing, her division, as opposed to being her appendages. :) :) But thanks. I feel really stupid.

Hey, don't feel bad. Some of us here have been going over the dialogues, especially the Anomen ones, for years. Yes, I mean 'years' quite literally. You got us all excited that we had missed something.

After I got home from work, I fired up Infinity Explorer. I think this is the line you saw- "I've always dreamed of being a knight from the first time I saw an armored column from my mother's arm. Someday I will thunder by beneath the Noble Heart penant."

#16 Guest_Ursula_*

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:23 AM

Hey, don't feel bad. Some of us here have been going over the dialogues, especially the Anomen ones, for years. Yes, I mean 'years' quite literally. You got us all excited that we had missed something.

After I got home from work, I fired up Infinity Explorer. I think this is the line you saw- "I've always dreamed of being a knight from the first time I saw an armored column from my mother's arm. Someday I will thunder by beneath the Noble Heart penant."

Thanks for being so kind. :?

But that's precisely the line! I thought that the "arm" was her contingent: that he saw his mother's column. :) Webster's 9th "3arm 1b: a combat branch (as of an army)" :) :? I never, ever even thought of arm meaning just plain arm, bodypart. It never occured to me! I wasn't trying to get fancy or anything; I just understood it in a completely different (and erroneous) way. Grr! :?

::sigh:: Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar...

#17 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:45 AM

::sigh:: Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar...

But sometimes it's a penis.

-Blue

#18 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:50 AM

I laughed so hard at that particular bit of dialogue when I ran across it just recently. Hilarious. It almost started a plot bunny in my head in and of itself.

How about the fate of Raelis Shai's troupe after they're freed and you abscond with one of their best actor? Are they still pursued? Might they perhaps show up again looking for help?

-Blue

#19 Guest_Ursula_*

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:36 AM

I laughed so hard at that particular bit of dialogue when I ran across it just recently. Hilarious. It almost started a plot bunny in my head in and of itself.

::whimper:: ::whimper::

How about the fate of Raelis Shai's troupe after they're freed and you abscond with one of their best actor? Are they still pursued? Might they perhaps show up again looking for help?

-Blue

Ooh; clever one!

#20 Guest_Userunfriendly_*

Posted 07 April 2004 - 06:23 PM

hey, when i first read title, i thought it was about this...

http://forums.fwstud...=vorpal bunnies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com