The Nether Scroll Disaster: Part 30

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 20 December 2003 - 05:52 PM

Edwin wasn’t entirely sure how long he stood there with his eyes shut, waiting for the spell to hit. Though it was probably only a matter of seconds, it felt more like minutes. But it wasn’t until he heard a grunt of pain that he forced his eyes open and met with a welcoming sight. Benny was standing in front of him, separating him from the wizards, using his own body as a shield. The first wizard had already cast his spell, but as Edwin watched, the second let loose a stream of green light. It slammed into the shapeshifter’s side, but he held fast, much to the amazement of the wizards.

“Your spells can’t kill him!” Kane shouted over the noise of battle, jabbing a wizard in the shoulder. “He’s of demon blood, you stupid idiots!”

They were already beginning their next spells. Staying behind Benny, Edwin launched some more magic missiles, determined to stop his companions being overrun by both wizards and monsters. A second wizard fell, his protections shattered by Kagain and Korgan.

“Another down!” Kagain yelled. “Take that, ye blasted wizards!”

Taking care not to leave Edwin unprotected, Benny dropped his sword and took out two of his daggers. One hit a wizard directly in the eye and the man howled, desperately tugging at the weapon, finally succeeding in pulling it out and throwing it to the floor, blood spurting from his eye. But it only slowed him down and he was soon chanting again. The two of them seemed determined to target Edwin and were obviously frustrated by Benny’s constant attempts to take their spells himself.

There was a sudden cry and the companions turned in time to see Cory go down. Calling his name, Kane and Kagain made a move towards him, but suddenly more monsters were blocking their path. Growling in anger and frustration, they turned their attention back to the battle, just having to hope that the assassin’s wounds were not too bad, that he would be able to hold on until the end of the battle.

Edwin had just let a flame arrow fly towards one of the summoned ogres when Benny suddenly gave an inhuman howl, startling them all, dropped his sword and staggered back, shaking his head violently. The already injured wizard looked pleased with himself.

“What have you done to him?” Kane demanded. “Speak, you bastard!”

The wizard just chuckled, but that stopped as the warrior sprung towards him and thrust one sword through his stomach, impaling him, while the other swung at his neck, separating his head from his body.

“Benny?” He looked at his teacher uncertainly. The assassin seemed to have regained control of himself, though he had grown paler. “What happened?”

“I’m fine,” Benny said weakly. “Just a spell…caught me where I wasn’t expecting it. Come, we…” he trailed off and put a hand to his head. Both Edwin and Kane could see that something wasn’t quite right, though they couldn’t see what. “We have a battle to finish.”

While Kagain, Korgan and Viconia quickly hacked away at the remaining summoned monsters, Benny backstabbed one remaining wizard and Kane finished the last after Edwin hurled a stream of fire at him to prevent him casting any more spells.

“That was one ‘ell of a battle!” Korgan grunted. His helmet had been knocked off during the battle and there was blood in his wild hair and on his face, but he didn’t care. “We sure put those wizards in their place.”

“Aye,” Kane agreed. “I doubt they will send any more after us for a while, we’ve proven ourselves well enough, I think.”

“They’ll come again,” Edwin whispered, though none of them were paying much attention to him. “Sooner or later, they will.”

“Benny!” the warrior’s eyes turned to his teacher, his brow furrowing in concern. The shapeshifter was slumped against the nearest wall, his eyes closed, his breathing light.
As he put a hand to his head again, they could see that he was shaking. “Are you-?”

“What happened to ‘im?” Korgan asked Edwin. The wizard could only shrug, having seen nothing more than the others had.

“I’m fine for now,” Benny insisted, though he winced as he spoke and it was obvious that he was in a lot of pain. “See to Cory first, will you?”

“Damn it!” For a moment they had all forgotten their youngest companion, but they quickly gathered around him. Kane gently turned him from his side onto his back. He only had one visible injury, a cut on the side of his head where he had hit the ground, and the blood was running down his face, his light hair damp with the red and sticky stuff.

“That looks bad,” Edwin winced. “Is he…all right?”

“We’ll see.” Carefully turning his head, Kane placed two fingers on his neck, feeling for a pulse. There was a long pause, before his already pale face drained of even more colour. “No…” he whispered, shaking his head. “No…”

“What is it?” Benny managed to ask, though he didn’t move from the wall. “He’s not…” he trailed off, already knowing the answer. “No, not little Cory.”

“Is he…?” There was a lump in Edwin’s throat as he looked down at his friend. The half-elf looked so peaceful, like he was sleeping. He certainly didn’t look dead. “He can’t be.”

“There’s no pulse,” Kane said quietly. “He isn’t breathing. He’s…he’s dead, there’s no doubt about it.”

“He didn’t die from the head injury,” Viconia informed them. “It is bad, but not enough to kill someone, not so quickly. They must have used one of their death spells on him. At least it would have been quick.”

“I can’t believe it,” Edwin touched Cory’s face, feeling the cold skin beneath his fingers. “Why? Why him? He never hurt anyone, he never did anything to deserve this.”

“It is always…the ones who don’t deserve it though.” Despite himself, Kane could feel tears forming in his eyes and he angrily blinked them away. “However unfair…that’s just the way it is. Poor Cory.”

“Aye,” Kagain said sadly. “Aye, ‘e was a good lad. Pity this.”

“Isn’t there a way?” Edwin asked suddenly. “To bring him back, I mean? There has to be a spell. What do priests use?”

“Resurrection,” Benny said faintly. “Resurrection can bring some people back. Not all though.”

“You’re a cleric, Viconia,” Kane turned to her, seeing one last glimmer of hope. The others followed suit. “Can you cast it, or is it too complicated?”

“Resurrection,” the drow said slowly, “is a difficult spell to cast at the best of times. It is physically and mentally exhausting, because it requires a lot of effort to cast correctly, and the failure rate is very high. I will try my best, but I urge you not to raise your hopes too high.”

She waved her hand, gesturing to them to move back, and knelt by Cory’s side. Placing a hand on his chest, she began to cast her spell. The others waited impatiently. After a few moments, Viconia’s determined expression changed to one of worry. The spell was not working quite as she had hoped and she feared that it might be too late.

“Come on,” she muttered quietly. “I’m not going to lose you now.”

The following minutes passed slowly as they all waited while Viconia completed her task. As she finished chanting, she was relieved to see the blue light leave her fingers and spread through Cory’s body. After another minute or so of tense waiting, their youngest companion coughed and opened his eyes.

“Where am I?” he asked weakly, pulling himself into a sitting position. “I…what happened?

“Cory!” Relieved to see his friend alive again, Edwin threw his arms around the assassin’s neck and hugged him. Confused, Cory didn’t respond but neither did he resist. “I am so glad you are all right!”

“It is good to have you back,” Kane patted him on the shoulder affectionately. “You gave us quite a fright.”

Cory couldn’t help but be puzzled by all this. “What’s the matter?” he asked again. “What happened?”

“How ye feeling, lad?” Korgan asked. The assassin shrugged.

“My head aches a bit,” he admitted. “Not too much though. And I feel a bit shaky. Why?”

“You just died.” Viconia said bluntly. “You really should be more careful, you know. For a moment, I thought we had lost you for good.”

“I…I died?” Cory repeated uncertainly. “I…I really died?”

“Would we lie about something like that?” Kane asked, a little impatiently. “It’s hardly something to joke about, is it? We really thought we had lost you.”

“Lucky for ye, the dark elf brought ye back,” Kagain added. “But it were a close shave.”

“I know.” Cory glanced down at his hands, studying them carefully, before running a hand up his arm, wanting to be sure that he was really alive. “It just feels…strange thinking about it. I’ve might have come pretty close, but I’ve never actually died before.”

“It isn’t really a common occurrence, is it?” Edwin pointed out. “Dying and then coming back. Usually when people die, they stay dead.”

“Because trying to bring them back does not often work,” Viconia cast a mild healing spell on Cory’s head, closing the wound slightly, before stepping back. “Yet despite that, priests charge a small fortune just for making the attempt, more than most can afford. There you go, Cory. Be more careful next time.”

“I will,” the assassin agreed, a little awkwardly. “Kane, I’m sorry…”

“You’ve got nothing to apologise for,” the warrior interrupted, extending a hand to help Cory to his feet. “It could have been any of us. In any case, you’ll back, you’ll fine and that is all that matters. Right Benny?”

He turned, realising with a start that the assassin hadn’t spoken in a while, and gave a cry of alarm when he saw why. Benny had fallen to the ground and was laying there silently, his eyes closed. Kane was by his side in a second, Viconia and Cory not far behind him.

“Benny!” Kane roughly shook his teacher’s shoulder. “Benny, are you all right? What did they do to you?”

“Acid…” he just managed to say. “My…eyes…” Then he fell silent and his head fell to the side, the last of his strength gone.

“Benny!” the Bhaalspawn was starting to grow even more worried. “Wake up! Look at me!”

“Is he going to be all right?” Cory asked urgently. “He’s got to be all right.”

“What happened to him?” Edwin appeared at Kane’s shoulder. “What happened to make him…like this?”

“Is he dead?” Viconia asked, her voice trembling. “Please…please don’t let him be dead.”

“Shut up a minute!” Kane snapped, the tension beginning to get to him. Quickly he placed two fingers on the correct spot on his teacher’s neck. “He’s alive,” he said with some relief. “I can feel a pulse, though a faint one. He’s just unconscious right now. He needs healing.”

“What is wrong with him?” Viconia reached for his hand, pressing it to her cheek. “I can’t heal him if I don’t know what is wrong.”

“We was too busy fightin’ to pay attention,” Korgan shrugged. “All we ‘eard was that howl.”

“Then he staggered backwards,” Edwin remembered. “He was shaking his head really hard, like he had something in his eyes.”

“Acid…eyes…” Suddenly it clicked and Kane realised what had happened. “Oh Gods, those bastards threw acid in his eyes!”

“Acid!” Now it was Edwin’s turn to grow pale. “But that…burns through flesh and…”

“We know that!” Viconia snapped, and Edwin fell silent. “But if they did, why…why did he not fall there and then? Acid is powerful, very powerful.”

“He can withstand pain for a lot longer than a normal person,” Kane explained. “And he has some resistance to magic…because of his blood. He doesn’t like making a fuss, maybe he just though that he could hold it off for a while, until we had seen to Cory. Oh Benny…” he shook his head sadly. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner, you fool? Why must you always be so bloody stubborn?”

“We’d better be getting ‘im back to the inn,” Kagain said, patting Kane lightly on the shoulder. “Don’t ye fret, lad. A bit of healing an’ some rest an’ he’ll be fine.”

“I hope so,” Kane said dully. With help from the dwarves, he managed to get the assassin up onto his feet. “I suppose we’ll just have to wait and0 see now.”

Next Part: Edwin struggles with his own guilt as his companions search for someone to blame.

#2 Guest_Winter_Bloom_*

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:05 AM

Edwin wasn’t entirely sure how long he stood there with his eyes shut, waiting for the spell to hit. Though it was probably only a matter of seconds, it felt more like minutes. But it wasn’t until he heard a grunt of pain that he forced his eyes open and met with a welcoming sight. Benny was standing in front of him, separating him from the wizards, using his own body as a shield. The first wizard had already cast his spell, but as Edwin watched, the second let loose a stream of green light. It slammed into the shapeshifter’s side, but he held fast, much to the amazement of the wizards.

Ouch.

“Your spells can’t kill him!” Kane shouted over the noise of battle, jabbing a wizard in the shoulder. “He’s of demon blood, you stupid idiots!”

But if the spells can't really harm him, then there's other, more mundande things that could. :shock:

Taking care not to leave Edwin unprotected, Benny dropped his sword and took out two of his daggers. One hit a wizard directly in the eye and the man howled, desperately tugging at the weapon, finally succeeding in pulling it out and throwing it to the floor, blood spurting from his eye. But it only slowed him down and he was soon chanting again. The two of them seemed determined to target Edwin and were obviously frustrated by Benny’s constant attempts to take their spells himself.

Wow, that's detrmination. I know if someone stuck a knife in my eye, I'd be running around like an idiot and screaming like a banshee.

The wizard just chuckled, but that stopped as the warrior sprung towards him and thrust one sword through his stomach, impaling him, while the other swung at his neck, separating his head from his body.

Yep, being chopped into fishbait is one way to shut an enemy wizard up. :)

“We’ll see.” Carefully turning his head, Kane placed two fingers on his neck, feeling for a pulse. There was a long pause, before his already pale face drained of even more colour. “No…” he whispered, shaking his head. “No…”

“What is it?” Benny managed to ask, though he didn’t move from the wall. “He’s not…” he trailed off, already knowing the answer. “No, not little Cory.”

This doesn't look good at all. :)

“Resurrection,” Benny said faintly. “Resurrection can bring some people back. Not all though.”

But resurrection can't bring back outsiders unless that outsider is sponsered/protected by a diety. Benny would be classified as an outsider.

“You’re a cleric, Viconia,” Kane turned to her, seeing one last glimmer of hope. The others followed suit. “Can you cast it, or is it too complicated?”

“Resurrection,” the drow said slowly, “is a difficult spell to cast at the best of times. It is physically and mentally exhausting, because it requires a lot of effort to cast correctly, and the failure rate is very high. I will try my best, but I urge you not to raise your hopes too high.”

I can see a grieving family spending thier last coin in a desperate attempt to raise a loved one.

“Cory!” Relieved to see his friend alive again, Edwin threw his arms around the assassin’s neck and hugged him. Confused, Cory didn’t respond but neither did he resist. “I am so glad you are all right!”

:lol:

He turned, realising with a start that the assassin hadn’t spoken in a while, and gave a cry of alarm when he saw why. Benny had fallen to the ground and was laying there silently, his eyes closed. Kane was by his side in a second, Viconia and Cory not far behind him.

And just when things look up...

“Benny!” Kane roughly shook his teacher’s shoulder. “Benny, are you all right? What did they do to you?”

“Acid…” he just managed to say. “My…eyes…” Then he fell silent and his head fell to the side, the last of his strength gone.

Ouch and double ouch!

#3 Guest_WC_Sumpton_*

Posted 21 December 2003 - 05:50 AM

Phewww, that was to close for comfort...

Now why did he have to go and say that!!! :)

They were already beginning their next spells. Staying behind Benny, Edwin launched some more magic missiles, determined to stop his companions being overrun by both wizards and monsters. A second wizard fell, his protections shattered by Kagain and Korgan.

Yep, their at it again...

There was a sudden cry and the companions turned in time to see Cory go down. Calling his name, Kane and Kagain made a move towards him, but suddenly more monsters were blocking their path. Growling in anger and frustration, they turned their attention back to the battle, just having to hope that the assassin’s wounds were not too bad, that he would be able to hold on until the end of the battle.

Protect one, and they attack another... Poor Cory

Edwin had just let a flame arrow fly towards one of the summoned ogres when Benny suddenly gave an inhuman howl, startling them all, dropped his sword and staggered back, shaking his head violently. The already injured wizard looked pleased with himself.

Seems like someone was listening to Kane's big mouth!!

“What have you done to him?” Kane demanded. “Speak, you bastard!”

Like I would tell you my secret...

Well, looks like he did with his secret. Serves him right. But now Kane need to figure out what happened...

“Benny?” He looked at his teacher uncertainly. The assassin seemed to have regained control of himself, though he had grown paler. “What happened?”

“I’m fine,” Benny said weakly. “Just a spell…caught me where I wasn’t expecting it. Come, we…” he trailed off and put a hand to his head. Both Edwin and Kane could see that something wasn’t quite right, though they couldn’t see what. “We have a battle to finish.”

This one is going to suck it up until it kill him!!

While Kagain, Korgan and Viconia quickly hacked away at the remaining summoned monsters, Benny backstabbed one remaining wizard and Kane finished the last after Edwin hurled a stream of fire at him to prevent him casting any more spells.

“That was one ‘ell of a battle!” Korgan grunted. His helmet had been knocked off during the battle and there was blood in his wild hair and on his face, but he didn’t care. “We sure put those wizards in their place.”

“Aye,” Kane agreed. “I doubt they will send any more after us for a while, we’ve proven ourselves well enough, I think.”

None the worse for ware, but these two still knock me out... :D

“They’ll come again,” Edwin whispered, though none of them were paying much attention to him. “Sooner or later, they will.”

“Benny!” the warrior’s eyes turned to his teacher, his brow furrowing in concern. The shapeshifter was slumped against the nearest wall, his eyes closed, his breathing light.

Benny?? What about Cory??

As he put a hand to his head again, they could see that he was shaking. “Are you-?”

“What happened to ‘im?” Korgan asked Edwin. The wizard could only shrug, having seen nothing more than the others had.

“I’m fine for now,” Benny insisted, though he winced as he spoke and it was obvious that he was in a lot of pain. “See to Cory first, will you?”

At lease someone is thinking about the little companion!

“Damn it!” For a moment they had all forgotten their youngest companion, but they quickly gathered around him. Kane gently turned him from his side onto his back. He only had one visible injury, a cut on the side of his head where he had hit the ground, and the blood was running down his face, his light hair damp with the red and sticky stuff.

“That looks bad,” Edwin winced. “Is he…all right?”

“Is he…?” There was a lump in Edwin’s throat as he looked down at his friend. The half-elf looked so peaceful, like he was sleeping. He certainly didn’t look dead. “He can’t be.”

“There’s no pulse,” Kane said quietly. “He isn’t breathing. He’s…he’s dead, there’s no doubt about it.”

“He didn’t die from the head injury,” Viconia informed them. “It is bad, but not enough to kill someone, not so quickly. They must have used one of their death spells on him. At least it would have been quick.”

“I can’t believe it,” Edwin touched Cory’s face, feeling the cold skin beneath his fingers. “Why? Why him? He never hurt anyone, he never did anything to deserve this.”

“It is always…the ones who don’t deserve it though.” Despite himself, Kane could feel tears forming in his eyes and he angrily blinked them away. “However unfair…that’s just the way it is. Poor Cory.”

What more can be said... Even the party dwarves seemed downtrodden. :)

“Isn’t there a way?” Edwin asked suddenly. “To bring him back, I mean? There has to be a spell. What do priests use?”

Again, not thinking about himself, but more concerned about the other member of 'His' little group...

Still little hope his better then no hope at all.

She waved her hand, gesturing to them to move back, and knelt by Cory’s side. Placing a hand on his chest, she began to cast her spell. The others waited impatiently. After a few moments, Viconia’s determined expression changed to one of worry. The spell was not working quite as she had hoped and she feared that it might be too late.

Gee... I don't remember that line in the spell. :)

The following minutes passed slowly as they all waited while Viconia completed her task. As she finished chanting, she was relieved to see the blue light leave her fingers and spread through Cory’s body. After another minute or so of tense waiting, their youngest companion coughed and opened his eyes.

What a releaf

“Where am I?” he asked weakly, pulling himself into a sitting position. “I…what happened?

“It is good to have you back,” Kane patted him on the shoulder affectionately. “You gave us quite a fright.”

Cory couldn’t help but be puzzled by all this. “What’s the matter?” he asked again. “What happened?”

Sort of like being awoken from a nap...

“My head aches a bit,” he admitted. “Not too much though. And I feel a bit shaky. Why?”

“You just died.” Viconia said bluntly. “You really should be more careful, you know. For a moment, I thought we had lost you for good.”

“I…I died?” Cory repeated uncertainly. “I…I really died?”

Now that's the way to approach death... ;)

“Would we lie about something like that?” Kane asked, a little impatiently. “It’s hardly something to joke about, is it? We really thought we had lost you.”

“Lucky for ye, the dark elf brought ye back,” Kagain added. “But it were a close shave.”

“I know.” Cory glanced down at his hands, studying them carefully, before running a hand up his arm, wanting to be sure that he was really alive. “It just feels…strange thinking about it. I’ve might have come pretty close, but I’ve never actually died before.”

“It isn’t really a common occurrence, is it?” Edwin pointed out. “Dying and then coming back. Usually when people die, they stay dead.”

Spoken like someone who knows...

“Because trying to bring them back does not often work,” Viconia cast a mild healing spell on Cory’s head, closing the wound slightly, before stepping back. “Yet despite that, priests charge a small fortune just for making the attempt, more than most can afford. There you go, Cory. Be more careful next time.”

“You’ve got nothing to apologise for,” the warrior interrupted, extending a hand to help Cory to his feet. “It could have been any of us. In any case, you’ll back, you’ll fine and that is all that matters. Right Benny?”

Da**! I even forgot about Benny this time!! :)

“Benny!” the Bhaalspawn was starting to grow even more worried. “Wake up! Look at me!”

“Is he going to be all right?” Cory asked urgently. “He’s got to be all right.”

“What happened to him?” Edwin appeared at Kane’s shoulder. “What happened to make him…like this?”

“Is he dead?” Viconia asked, her voice trembling. “Please…please don’t let him be dead.”

From on to the other...

“Shut up a minute!” Kane snapped, the tension beginning to get to him. Quickly he placed two fingers on the correct spot on his teacher’s neck. “He’s alive,” he said with some relief. “I can feel a pulse, though a faint one. He’s just unconscious right now. He needs healing.”

“What is wrong with him?” Viconia reached for his hand, pressing it to her cheek. “I can’t heal him if I don’t know what is wrong.”

“We was too busy fightin’ to pay attention,” Korgan shrugged. “All we ‘eard was that howl.”

“Then he staggered backwards,” Edwin remembered. “He was shaking his head really hard, like he had something in his eyes.”

“Acid…eyes…” Suddenly it clicked and Kane realised what had happened. “Oh Gods, those bastards threw acid in his eyes!”

“Acid!” Now it was Edwin’s turn to grow pale. “But that…burns through flesh and…”

“We know that!” Viconia snapped, and Edwin fell silent. “But if they did, why…why did he not fall there and then? Acid is powerful, very powerful.”

“He can withstand pain for a lot longer than a normal person,” Kane explained. “And he has some resistance to magic…because of his blood. He doesn’t like making a fuss, maybe he just though that he could hold it off for a while, until we had seen to Cory. Oh Benny…” he shook his head sadly. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner, you fool? Why must you always be so bloody stubborn?”

Thats for sure...

“We’d better be getting ‘im back to the inn,” Kagain said, patting Kane lightly on the shoulder. “Don’t ye fret, lad. A bit of healing an’ some rest an’ he’ll be fine.”

“I hope so,” Kane said dully. With help from the dwarves, he managed to get the assassin up onto his feet. “I suppose we’ll just have to wait and0 see now.”

We all do Kane...

Like the battle, and your misdirection was very well done...

Thanks...

#4 Laufey

Posted 21 December 2003 - 10:48 AM

Oh, that's a nice twist!

Fine...yeah, right. He's as bad as Dekkie is, isn't he? :)

As I said...

:D

Minor point...since he only died a couple of minutes ago, he wouldn't be cold yet. Unless it was the magic that caused it, I suppose.

Aw, I'm glad it worked. ;)

Oh, ouch! :)

Next Part: Edwin struggles with his own guilt as his companions search for someone to blame.

Blame? I'd say the Red Wizards were to blame. And they had better not blame Eddie for this.
Rogues do it from behind.

#5 Guest_Bjorn_*

Posted 21 December 2003 - 01:36 PM

Phew - Benny sure has his work cut out looking after everyone, but he's doing a good job of it.

Uh, Kane? Maybe it would be better not to tell them why, unless they do have some spells that work on demons?

:) Hope cory's Ok.

:D Probably. But right now, you need to stop worrying about that and look after your friends.

;)

:) Bastard wizards. They deserved everything they got.

:) Life isn't fair, unfortunately, Edwin.

Yay! Well done, Vic. I just hope Benny doesn;t need too much healing, now that she's tired herself out doing this.

Aww - so am I. :D

Well, don't do it again, ok?

Hey, no need to apologise. Not much that can be done about a death spell.

:)

:D I hope so.

That person shouldn't be Edwin, though. They all knew the risk they were taking when they chose to help him, and it's not like he wanted this to happen.

#6 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 21 December 2003 - 05:48 PM

Phew - Benny sure has his work cut out looking after everyone, but he's doing a good job of it.

He certainly doesn't have an easy time of it...but part of him likes looking after the younger group members. :)

Uh, Kane? Maybe it would be better not to tell them why, unless they do have some spells that work on demons?

That's true, but Kane doesn't really think about things like that when he is in the middle of a battle.

:) Probably. But right now, you need to stop worrying about that and look after your friends.

Indeed. No point in worrying about all that now.

:) Bastard wizards. They deserved everything they got.

They certainly did. :)

:D Life isn't fair, unfortunately, Edwin.

No, it isn't. :D

Yay! Well done, Vic. I just hope Benny doesn;t need too much healing, now that she's tired herself out doing this.

We'll see.

Aww - so am I. :)

And me. :)

Well, don't do it again, ok?

Cory: I'll try my best to avoid it.

Hey, no need to apologise. Not much that can be done about a death spell.

True. Once they target you, you've had it.

:roll: I hope so.

So does everyone.

That person shouldn't be Edwin, though. They all knew the risk they were taking when they chose to help him, and it's not like he wanted this to happen.

No, he didn't. But he is a Red Wizard and that will be enough to make certain party members think badly of him.

Thanks for commenting. :P

Silver

#7 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 21 December 2003 - 05:54 PM

Oh, that's a nice twist!

Thanks! :P

Fine...yeah, right. He's as bad as Dekkie is, isn't he? :)

Oh yes. Definitely. :)

Minor point...since he only died a couple of minutes ago, he wouldn't be cold yet. Unless it was the magic that caused it, I suppose.

Yes, it was the magic. That's my theory anyway. :)

Aw, I'm glad it worked. :)

Kane: Believe me, we all are.

Oh, ouch! :)

Ouch indeed. :D

Blame? I'd say the Red Wizards were to blame. And they had better not blame Eddie for this.

Well, Eddie is a Red Wizard...sort of. And there are certain party members who will think badly of him for that.

#8 Laufey

Posted 21 December 2003 - 06:00 PM

Well, Eddie is a Red Wizard...sort of. And there are certain party members who will think badly of him for that.

Then they're being very unfair, and I hope Kane will tell them so. Actually, I hope *Edwin* will tell them so, and stand up for himself. They knew full well that the Red Wizards were after him, and an attack was the logical conclusion. That isn't Eddie's fault.

#9 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 21 December 2003 - 09:35 PM

Then they're being very unfair, and I hope Kane will tell them so. Actually, I hope *Edwin* will tell them so, and stand up for himself. They knew full well that the Red Wizards were after him, and an attack was the logical conclusion. That isn't Eddie's fault.

Yes, they are being unfair, though they won't necessarily see it that way. This is upsetting for them all, after all, and most of them do need someone to blame, fair or not. Edwin will try and stand up for himself though, but whether he'll succeed or not depends on who decides to back him up. He won't get very far without people on his side.

#10 Laufey

Posted 21 December 2003 - 10:26 PM

Yes, they are being unfair, though they won't necessarily see it that way. This is upsetting for them all, after all, and most of them do need someone to blame, fair or not. Edwin will try and stand up for himself though, but whether he'll succeed or not depends on who decides to back him up. He won't get very far without people on his side.

Actually, I hope that Viconia will back him up. She should know all about what it's like being haunted by your past.

#11 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 22 December 2003 - 09:50 AM

Actually, I hope that Viconia will back him up. She should know all about what it's like being haunted by your past.

Yes, logically she should back him up, but it was her lover who got injured and I doubt that she will be fair under the circumstances either.

#12 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 22 December 2003 - 09:55 AM

But if the spells can't really harm him, then there's other, more mundande things that could. :)

Indeed. :shock:

Wow, that's detrmination. I know if someone stuck a knife in my eye, I'd be running around like an idiot and screaming like a banshee.

Same here.

Yep, being chopped into fishbait is one way to shut an enemy wizard up. ;)

Kane: Works every time.

This doesn't look good at all. :wink:

No, it isn't. :wink:

But resurrection can't bring back outsiders unless that outsider is sponsered/protected by a diety. Benny would be classified as an outsider.

*nods* When Benny dies, he stays dead. No resurrection for him.

And just when things look up...

Nothing ever goes right for this group...

Ouch and double ouch!

Oh yes. ;) Thanks for commenting.

Silver

#13 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 22 December 2003 - 05:58 PM

Phewww, that was to close for comfort...

Just a little.

Now why did he have to go and say that!!! :)

He doesn't really think about things like that when he's in the middle of a battle.

Yep, their at it again...

Sure are.

Protect one, and they attack another... Poor Cory

Yes... ;)

Seems like someone was listening to Kane's big mouth!!

It wasn't really his fault...the wizards were just determined to get to Edwin and Benny was in their way...therefore they had to get him down one way or another.

Well, looks like he did with his secret. Serves him right. But now Kane need to figure out what happened...

Indeed...and quickly too.

Benny?? What about Cory??

Kane's teacher takes priority.

What more can be said... Even the party dwarves seemed downtrodden. :shock:

Well, everyone likes Cory...

Again, not thinking about himself, but more concerned about the other member of 'His' little group...

That's just the way he is.

Still little hope his better then no hope at all.

Indeed.

What a releaf

Oh yes...

Sort of like being awoken from a nap...

A little.

Da**! I even forgot about Benny this time!! ;)

They were too worried about Cory...

We all do Kane...

Of course.

Like the battle, and your misdirection was very well done...

Thank you! :wink:

Thanks...

Thank you for commenting. :wink:

Silver

#14 Weyoun

Posted 24 December 2003 - 08:23 PM

Nice try, though.

Ouch. Nice move.

:wink:

Erm, temple anyone?

Aww...

*sigh of relief*

How do you think he does? :)

Nasty. When I was younger, a friend of mine managed to get glue in his eyes. He went from fine eyesight to -8 in both eyes in a manner of seconds, according to the doctor. Nasty.

Sad story,
---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#15 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 24 December 2003 - 09:23 PM

Ouch. Nice move.

Kane: I think I made him regret hurting my teacher.

:wink:

This was a horrible part to write. :)

Erm, temple anyone?

And quickly!

Aww...

Viconia's not going to give up on a dead companion easily...

*sigh of relief*

That was a close one!

Nasty. When I was younger, a friend of mine managed to get glue in his eyes. He went from fine eyesight to -8 in both eyes in a manner of seconds, according to the doctor. Nasty.

Ouch! Nasty indeed.

Sad story,
---Weyoun

I know...and it'll get worse before it gets better. Thanks for commenting.

Silver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com