Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 83

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 20 November 2003 - 04:23 AM

This is my last post for a while, as I'm going abroad for about a week. Farewell for now...
---------

Gerhardt pranced before Adrian and spouted what seemed to be random gibberish until he thought he would run mad.

"Look," he all but thundered, "The baby girl is ill, she may die, and no cleric can help her! Doesn't that mean anything to you?!?"

"Concentrate and try again, you are foe and not my friend," Gerhardt sing-sang, prancing before him. "With your blade you reap and rend, until all the world comes to an end."

Adrian was so infuriated he was likely to Bhaalscream from sheer frustration. For the first time in a long time he felt he understood what it must've been like for Sarevok.

"Adrian.....let me." Anomen's hand was on his shoulder.

"You?" Adrian was so puzzled he lost the flow of his anger for a moment.

"Yes. This trial....speaks to me. Please."

"Well you can have no worse luck than I, that's certain." He stormed off and sat on the cellar steps, morose.

The cellar stank of turnips even more than the rest of the house, which was not surprising as there was a turnip garden right in the middle of hte floor. The roof was open, letting the weak winter sunlight in. For a moment he wondered how they grew turnips in winter. Then, of course, he remembered magic, and of course Jan's myriad inventions. He should've known. He began to calm down.

Tree and Viconia were leaning against the wall, murmuring in low voices. Each of them gave him a sympathetic glance, but knew better than to speak to him when he was in this sort of mood.

At a loss of what else to do, Adrian pulled out the journal he had taken from Irenicus' dungeons. Past the lab notes on himself and Imoen and the few other entries he himself had made, he began to write. It wasn't a journal, exactly. More a record of his stream of consciousness.

I can't remember when I've been so angry. Well, part of it is Irenicus of course, and Imoen. But this gnome Gerhardt is driving me mad.

Then at the same time I wonder at the fact that I helped Jan so readily, without even asking for profit. Of course, he's a valuable member of my team, even more so now that Edwin is off on his mission in the Guild War. I always maintain my assets.

I don't like self-examination. It seems a waste of time. But nevertheless, anger management is becoming more of a problem for me. I must think. I don't want to end up like Sarevok.

Anomen seems personally touched by all this. I rather suspect that it has something to do with his own family, but I know not what, yet.

Adrian stopped, and deliberately did not let himself start writing about Imoen. He snapped the book shut and sighed, the anger draining out of him like water from a broken pot.

Anomen seemed to be making some headway; Gerhardt had stopped prancing, and was speaking in low, murmuring tones. The Helmite was down on one knees before the Gnome, almost at eye level with the elderly shortling.

Adrian brooded.

--------

Edwin, meanwhile, was getting his first assignment from Mae'Var. He was actually somewhat pleased; he would enjoy sticking it to these damnable Cowled Wizards.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Guest_Conrack_*

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:34 PM

Allow me to be the first to review this great chapter :)

Gerhardt pranced before Adrian and spouted what seemed to be random gibberish until he thought he would run mad.

"Look," he all but thundered, "The baby girl is ill, she may die, and no cleric can help her! Doesn't that mean anything to you?!?"

"Concentrate and try again, you are foe and not my friend," Gerhardt sing-sang, prancing before him. "With your blade you reap and rend, until all the world comes to an end."

Adrian was so infuriated he was likely to Bhaalscream from sheer frustration. For the first time in a long time he felt he understood what it must've been like for Sarevok.

Better watch it, Gerhardt. You don't wan't to piss Adrian off :)

Tree and Viconia were leaning against the wall, murmuring in low voices. Each of them gave him a sympathetic glance, but knew better than to speak to him when he was in this sort of mood.

They've learned...

At a loss of what else to do, Adrian pulled out the journal he had taken from Irenicus' dungeons. Past the lab notes on himself and Imoen and the few other entries he himself had made, he began to write. It wasn't a journal, exactly. More a record of his stream of consciousness.

Journal writing.
A thing that's often forgotten in other stories.
A nice little detail.

Then at the same time I wonder at the fact that I helped Jan so readily, without even asking for profit. Of course, he's a valuable member of my team, even more so now that Edwin is off on his mission in the Guild War. I always maintain my assets.

Well, it still seems awfully selfless, and awfully unlike Adrian. :)

But then again, he's just helping an ally. It's not like they're marring or something...(I hope)

I don't like self-examination. It seems a waste of time. But nevertheless, anger management is becoming more of a problem for me. I must think. I don't want to end up like Sarevok.

I like his cleverness.

He knows that controlling his anger is all that stands between being a practical tactitian and a uncontrolled berzerker.

He dominates his anger, not the other way around

Adrian stopped, and deliberately did not let himself start writing about Imoen. He snapped the book shut and sighed, the anger draining out of him like water from a broken pot.

Imoen...it still greives him that she's at the hands of Irenicus.

And very understandably so :lol:

Adrian brooded.

As always... :(

Edwin, meanwhile, was getting his first assignment from Mae'Var. He was actually somewhat pleased; he would enjoy sticking it to these damnable Cowled Wizards.

Hehe.
Edwin and his trademark selfishness. Good to see that he isn't forgotten

#3 Laufey

Posted 22 November 2003 - 06:52 PM

This is my last post for a while, as I'm going abroad for about a week. Farewell for now...
---------

Hope you'll have a good trip. :shock:

Oh yes. :oops:

"Adrian.....let me." Anomen's hand was on his shoulder.

"You?" Adrian was so puzzled he lost the flow of his anger for a moment.

"Yes. This trial....speaks to me. Please."

Ah, I like this little spiritual touch. Hope Ano does well.

I can't remember when I've been so angry. Well, part of it is Irenicus of course, and Imoen. But this gnome Gerhardt is driving me mad.

Anomen seems personally touched by all this. I rather suspect that it has something to do with his own family, but I know not what, yet.

I really liked the way you used the diary, to show us more of Adrian's personal thoughts. It makes me feel closer to him. Now let's just hope he doesn't leave it lying around, like Sarry did. :twisted:

And so will I, I think. :wink:
Rogues do it from behind.

#4 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 24 November 2003 - 10:54 AM

---------

You're probably back by the time I'm reading this, but have / hope you had a nice trip.

haw haw

Ah, neat. I'd been thinking about giving journals to my B-spawns.

:D

Anomen seems personally touched by all this. I rather suspect that it has something to do with his own family, but I know not what, yet.[/i]

Nice.

awww

lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com