Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 82

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 16 November 2003 - 03:36 AM

Meanwhile, the mysterious figures who dwelt in the Citadel of Glass had recovered from the Doctor's incursion, but wanted to strengthen their position. In a daring move, they had decided to do what they could unleash havoc upon the realms.

They knew rituals of binding and controlling even the most powerful creatures, and so they had sent their clerics and constructs, which were like golems and yet unlike, across the gateways that briged the many alternate Material Planes, to the Prime, to Faerun, to a large, tall tower called Watcher's Keep.

"Remember," the leader of the group said to his followers, "We have to not only take out the guardians of this place, but also fight our way down through the levels of the Tower, break the seals, and set our own Glyphs of Dominance over the Imprisoned One. The strange Unmagics of the citadel will also help to bind the Imprisoned One. All of this assumes, however, that we manage to make it through the tower. So we MUST prevail. We are the true followers, and we will use the Imprisoned One to destroy the Traitor an her foolish cabal, and do what needs be done to rightfully ressurect our master. But this will be many battles, I know you are willing, but you must also be ready. Do you understand?"

The other clerics of the Citadel bowed within their charcoal hoods, and the strange Unmagic Golems, called machines in the texts of the lost people who had built the Citadel, clicked their understanding.

They advanced on the Tower, but they had not been prepared for the defenses of the Helmites who guarded it. A single cry from the top of the tower summoned dozens of white, ghostly figures. The Watchers, Helmites who had given up their lives to guard the Imprisoned One, continued in that service.

Recognizing the machines were the greater threat., the figures charged them first. Two of the war machines exploded under the assault, but the rest opened fire with beams of colored light, called lasers . Three of the Watchers were destroyed, but many remained.

The Cultists and the Watchers clashed. The Watchers were more powerful, but in their ghostly state their attacks were limited. The Cultists called upon the powers of the deity they sought to ressurect, and fought back. The surviving machines also pressed home their attack. One by one, the Watchers began to fall.

The actual Helmites that still lived came to the battlefield, following the Watchers into battle, summoing powerful Devas to their aid, and bringing down the Storm of Vengance on their enemy. Bolts of lightning and storms of acid destroyed the machines, and they became useless lumps of metal on the grassy plain.

The remaining Watchers and the still living Helmites cut down the Citadel Cutlists, save the leader and two of his acolytes, who once again called up the Great Gate and fled from the Prime, defeated.

Brother Odren, leader of the Helmite contingent, wiped blood from his face and cried aloud again, sending the surviving Watchers back to their rest. They wailed in dissaproval as they fled.

"It will take them time to heal," said Brother Pol, the only mage amongst them. "And they are still angry with us."

"They always will be," said Odren. "We must find a way to seal the Imprisoned One beyond the obvious."

"How?"

"I don't know. We must begin to research this.."
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Laufey

Posted 16 November 2003 - 10:14 AM

"Remember," the leader of the group said to his followers, "We have to not only take out the guardians of this place, but also fight our way down through the levels of the Tower, break the seals, and set our own Glyphs of Dominance over the Imprisoned One. The strange Unmagics of the citadel will also help to bind the Imprisoned One. All of this assumes, however, that we manage to make it through the tower. So we MUST prevail. We are the true followers, and we will use the Imprisoned One to destroy the Traitor an her foolish cabal, and do what needs be done to rightfully ressurect our master. But this will be many battles, I know you are willing, but you must also be ready. Do you understand?"

Oh, nice twist here, tying faithful Bhaal cultists in with all Adrian's other foes. It makes a lot of sense too.

The other clerics of the Citadel bowed within their charcoal hoods, and the strange Unmagic Golems, called machines in the texts of the lost people who had built the Citadel, clicked their understanding.

They advanced on the Tower, but they had not been prepared for the defenses of the Helmites who guarded it. A single cry from the top of the tower summoned dozens of white, ghostly figures. The Watchers, Helmites who had given up their lives to guard the Imprisoned One, continued in that service.

Recognizing the machines were the greater threat., the figures charged them first. Two of the war machines exploded under the assault, but the rest opened fire with beams of colored light, called lasers . Three of the Watchers were destroyed, but many remained.

Bit of a sci fil feeling here! I wonder where those robots came from originally?

"It will take them time to heal," said Brother Pol, the only mage amongst them. "And they are still angry with us."

"They always will be," said Odren. "We must find a way to seal the Imprisoned One beyond the obvious."

"How?"

"I don't know. We must begin to research this.."

Find a poor Bhaalspawn and try to sucker him into doing your dirty job...that's how *most* people in Faerun try to solve their problems after all.
Rogues do it from behind.

#3 Arcalian

Posted 16 November 2003 - 08:14 PM

Oh, nice twist here, tying faithful Bhaal cultists in with all Adrian's other foes. It makes a lot of sense too.

The Citadel of Glass storyline will be alllll about these guys, and will take place between SOA and TOB.

Also I felt it was about time that WAtchers Keep was mentioned.

Bit of a sci fil feeling here! I wonder where those robots came from originally?

From the Citadel of Glass, which is on an altnernate Material Plane, a number of Crystal Spheres away from Faerun. The Bhaal Cultists have been using it as their sanctuary, but they did not build it, nor the technological treasures they found there when they arrived.

Find a poor Bhaalspawn and try to sucker him into doing your dirty job...that's how *most* people in Faerun try to solve their problems after all.

Adrian: *Nods wearily*
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#4 Guest_Conrack_*

Posted 18 November 2003 - 10:05 PM

Wow...100 posts. Does this mean that it's time for another beer :)

So Adrian will do the Watcher's keep?
Sounds promising. :)

I think that the story should proceed soon, or it might become a little longdrawn.

No offense, of course :D
Just my humble opinion

But great stuff nonetheless

#5 Arcalian

Posted 19 November 2003 - 03:51 AM

Sorry, but WAtcher's Keep will have to wait until TOB. The mysterious Citadel of Glass Cultists will even have their turn first, and their a loooooooooong way away. Sorry..... :)

#6 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 24 November 2003 - 10:34 AM

Meanwhile, the mysterious figures who dwelt in the Citadel of Glass had recovered from the Doctor's incursion, but wanted to strengthen their position. In a daring move, they had decided to do what they could unleash havoc upon the realms.

The whole Citadel of Glass thing has me utterly mystified...but I'm sure it's cool!

They knew rituals of binding and controlling even the most powerful creatures, and so they had sent their clerics and constructs, which were like golems and yet unlike, across the gateways that briged the many alternate Material Planes, to the Prime, to Faerun, to a large, tall tower called Watcher's Keep.

haw haw

Ah. So the Citadel is Bhaal-faithful. Traitor=Melissan, I presume.

nice

also nice

The actual Helmites that still lived came to the battlefield, following the Watchers into battle, summoing powerful Devas to their aid, and bringing down the Storm of Vengance on their enemy. Bolts of lightning and storms of acid destroyed the machines, and they became useless lumps of metal on the grassy plain.

great battle scene!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com