Photo

Reading and Goodreads

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shian

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

What's everyone reading these days? My interests pretty much run the gamut. I've enjoyed cooking, self-help, fantasy, sci-fi, romance, action, adventure, teen, adult, biographies, and all kinds of stuff. I use Goodreads to help myself keep up and they have giveaways on there. Basically you get the book for free with the hopes that you will provide reviews (and you apparently win more often if you review what you win). It's fun! I'm currently reading an older story The Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony but I was also wondering if there was any current awesome series or books out. 

#2 AlphaMonkey

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'm currently reading an older story The Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony 

Ooooooh! I read those in high school, and just for kicks, ended up getting the E-book versions a few months back for my Kindle. They're ridiculously bad. :D

And by that I mean, that when I originally read them, I enjoyed the hell out of them. Now that I'm older, I -still- enjoy them, but they've definitely sunk to "guilty pleasure" status.

If you're enjoying that series, you might want to have a look at the Apprentice Adept series that he wrote, as well. I read those before I read the Incarnations books. Also fun. And, of course, people will tell you that you should read the Xanth books, though I never got around to those, myself.

#3 Shian

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:41 AM

I'm currently reading an older story The Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony 

Ooooooh! I read those in high school, and just for kicks, ended up getting the E-book versions a few months back for my Kindle. They're ridiculously bad. :D

LOL! I read the first one because a friend of mine who never reads finally told me he read those in high school and I might enjoy them. I really liked the first one up until it fizzled out like the last book of Twilight! No fight scene = laaaaame. But it was still very enjoyable and I will definitely be giving the second one a shot. 

If you're enjoying that series, you might want to have a look at the Apprentice Adept series that he wrote, as well. I read those before I read the Incarnations books. Also fun. And, of course, people will tell you that you should read the Xanth books, though I never got around to those, myself.

Hahaha I may do that then. He wrote a good number of series I noticed. 

I got sidetracked by a Nora Roberts book and Allegiant. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com