Rush Of Blood To The Head, part 6.15.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 10 November 2003 - 05:50 PM

Ok, continuing where we left off with the previous chapter… and now, Jaheira decides to have *that* talk with Imoen. It doesn’t quite work out the way she intended… :) …but I hope the ending will earn some ‘Awww’s’. :)

Rush Of Blood To The Head, part 6.15.

“Well? What did he say? I demand to know what lies he spouted about me! Am I the venomous snake trying to corrupt an innocent child? Go on, speak!” Viconia shouts at us, seemingly ignoring the fact that she has disturbed us in a rather delicate moment, which is made all the more obvious by Jaheira’s partial nudity…

“Calm down, Viconia – if you have something to say then come in and shut the door behind you,” Jaheira retorts, straightening out her shirt to cover her exposed body parts, “I see that you still have not learned to knock before entering.”

“And I see that you still have not learned to lock the door before getting on with that coupling,” Viconia grimaces, “so, what will it be… have you decided to listen to that old fool?”

“Dearest, I think I will let you handle this on your own,” Jaheira whispers before getting out of the bed and putting a cloak around her shoulders.

“Where are you-” the look that she gives me, stops me at half-sentence. Of course, she just has to go and talk with Imoen… well, she is in relatively good mood, so maybe she won’t scold the poor kid too badly…

“Has she been whispering in your ear as well? That I am a bad influence for your little, innocent sister?” Viconia snarls as Jaheira has left the room. I slowly get out of bed and head over to the small table to pour myself a glass of wine for myself and Viconia – I fear that this might prove too difficult with a dry throat.

“Jaheira? Not much. I think I have managed to keep her… occupied, for most of the time. But I can understand her worries… can’t you?” I look at her, but she just shrugs in response.

“I can’t see how that is anybody’s business. Anyone who will interfere, risks a broken nose, I promise as much,” she spits out.

“Well, she IS my sister, so I am concerned about her wellbeing,” I point out, “but I have no reason to interfere…yet. Tell me, Viconia… do you truly love her?”

“What? What kind of a stupid question is that? I…” she stops and glares at me, seemingly unsure of how to go on, “How is one supposed to feel when… in love?”

“How? Err… you mean… you don’t know?” I look at her with incomprehension, “eh, I… I understand… well, when you care so much about the other person that you want to protect her, to see her happy and to be the cause of her happiness… and to be with her as much as possible… when seeing her hurt, pains you more than anything else… well, those are some of the signs. Do they seem familiar?”

“They… they do…” the drow replies, visibly shocked.

“Then you are in love, Viconia. I feel peculiar being the one to tell you… that was… very odd indeed,” I proceed to refill my glass, hoping that the alcohol might clear up the eerie situation. I take Viconia’s empty glass from her hands as she stands in the middle of the room like petrified, having refilled it, I press it back into her slightly numb hand…

“In… love? ” she mutters as the glass slips out of her fingers and drops on the carpet, “that… can’t be…”

“Does that scare you? Worry not… you’ll get used to it,” I chuckle, “and you will grow to enjoy it.”

“It feels like… like a disease that you can’t get rid of and that weakens you…” she whispers, “it is not for me… no, I don’t want to feel that way…”

“Sorry, Vicky… you can’t just wish those feelings away. And I do hope that you won’t, because having seen and heard how you feel towards Imoen, I have no qualms whatsoever about seeing you two together…” I wink at her.

“Do you… do you have something stronger than wine?” she finally manages and we both share a hearty laugh…

Imoen has just finished scribing into her spellbook as she sighs quietly and lets the book slip out of her hands and drop onto the floor with a soft thud. She rolls over in her bed to lie on her back, her thoughts clearly elsewhere… the recent tongue-lashing between Keldorn and Viconia still upsetting her greatly. She hears the door to her room opening slowly and someone steps inside.

“Back so soon? I thought you were going to be tortured by Jaheira’s interrogations… boy, if she gets into the mood, you better watch out…” Imoen chortles, not bothering to look at who the visitor is.

“Is that so, Imoen?” Jaheira’s voice, while not angry but only slightly mocking, startles Imoen and she jumps straight out of the bed, looking rather peevish and guilty in the face.

“Ja-Jaheira? What are… you doing here? Isn’t Viconia…” she stammers clumsily.

“I am sure that she can discuss all her concerns with Theodur… meanwhile, I took it as a chance for us two to have a little talk, Imoen,” Jaheira smiles and motions Imoen to sit down on the bed, before joining her.

“Wha-what about?” Imoen still feels rather uneasy, but knowing what will come makes her feel slightly annoyed as well.

“You must understand that what is going on between Viconia and you is… well, it was unexpected for me. Theodur and I, we wish only the best for you and I hope that you are doing the right thing, but… you must understand why everyone is concerned…”

“To… to hells with everyone! I… I wish everyone would just leave us alone!” Imoen explodes in anger and jumps upright, yelling like Jaheira has never heard her before, “it is between the two of us, not for everyone to discuss and be concerned about! Much less for you, Jaheira!”

“Ch… Imoen, please… I merely wish to know that you are ha-” Jaheira looks at her, worried.

“Ha! But I know what you are thinking and I bet you are whispering in Theo’s ears to send Viconia away! Well, you have absolutely no right to interfere in relationships of others… they way you treated Khalid! Sometimes I thought that I loved him more than you have ever loved him…” the words come out faster than Imoen can stop them and only after they are out, she quickly presses her palm over her mouth.

She glances at Jaheira, worried and waiting an outburst or even something much worse, but Jaheira remains chained to the bed, all the color drained from her face and she looks absolutely stunned.

“I… um… I didn’t really mean that… Jaheira? Jaheira, I’m sorry…” Imoen looks at her, but there is no reaction. Only as Imoen steps closer and gently shakes Jaheira by the shoulders, she comes out of the shocked state.

“Child… you… you don’t understand…” a whisper escapes her lips.

“Forgive me, Jaheira, please… I do understand… I mean, I think I do… I said it all simply to cause you pain, and that was a very bad, bad thing to do… pleasepleaseplease, forgive me…” Imoen looks at her and can’t prevent tears from escaping her eyes, “I was just… I thought you were going to give me a lesson on how evil Viconia is and how she wants to use me for her eeevil purposes… and I got really mad, that stupid paladin upset me sooo much.”

“Imoen, child… please trust me when I say that I loved my husband… for it is the truth. I did love him, but the feelings… they started to wane over the years, but they never fully disappeared… they never did. I wish you could believe that what I say is true… I never knew it, but now I understand just how important your approval of my relationship with Theodur is to me…” Jaheira is fighting hard to hold a straight face and she barely manages to stiffle a sob.

“Oh, Jaheira… I… I must confess that found it… hard, to see you both together, but… after I have witnessed the feelings you both have for each other, I think that what you two have is something… truly beautiful. And I am happy for the two of you… I feel awfully rotten for hurting you on purpose, like that,” Imoen sobs as she leans over the druid, her hands tangling in Jaheira’s long hair and her cheek pressed against the top of the druid’s head.

“I suppose I deserve some of that, Imoen… I have done things I am not exactly proud of. I understand why you reacted the way you did, Imoen… and some of my actions in the past might have been a reason for you to act the way you did, I have not always been the most considerate of friends…” a chuckle that somehow could be mistaken for a sob, erupts from Jaheira’s lips, “but know this, I only came here to know whether you are truly happy with Viconia… everything else is beyond my concern.”

“Jaheira… you can’t imagine how happy I am… err, no wait... I guess you can…” Imoen corrects herself, “I’ve never felt like this before and it is… wonderful… and you know – I guess I always felt like that for Viconia, I was just too… confused and ashamed to admit it to myself… silly me, but then she acted exactly the same…”

“Then that is all I need to know, Imoen,” Jaheira says softly, “and I… I never thought you felt that way towards my husband… I mean… I thought it was just a harmless, childish infatuation… but then I thought the same about Theodur’s feelings towards me, only to discover an ocean of passion…”

“Well, I think in my case it was just a harmless crush, Jaheira… I never felt like I feel towards Viconia… I loved him as a friend, nothing else…” Imoen pulls back to look at Jaheira seriously, “I am really sorry for the way I behaved, Jaheira… you didn’t deserve that. I wish… I hope there are no hard feelings between us…”

“Oh, Imoen… of course not… now that we have spoken about it, I feel much more relieved…” Jaheira smiles and extends her arms to draw the girl closer. Imoen drops on her knees and wraps her hands around Jaheira’s waist, her head resting on the older woman’s chest, while Jaheira places her hands on Imoen’s shoulders as they hold each other tightly as if to seal the deeper friendship between them.

“Well, well, well… Imoen, are you already cheating on me, you naughty rascal?” Viconia’s voice, coming from the doors, startles them both, but Jaheira continues to hold the girl close even as she looks at the smirking Drow.

“It does not look like you have been trying to convince or sway Imoen that this relationship is sinful and evil, so I suppose your teeth and chin will remain intact, Jaheira,” Viconia observes.

“Aww, Vic… don’t be mean to Jaheira, she only meant well… how did your talk with Theo went?” Imoen gently breaks loose from Jaheira’s embrace and turns to face the Drow.

“It was most… insightful. I… think I managed to learn some useful things…” Viconia smiles, albeit somewhat reluctantly, “I think that our leader is anxiously waiting for your return, druid… no doubt to resume what you were up to before I interrupted. Poor boy is probably starving for some mouthful of your ample bosom, Jaheira… don’t keep him waiting,” Viconia smirks as Jaheira rises to leave the room.

“Oh, one more thing, Jaheira,” Viconia speaks as Jaheira is about to pass by her, “I know that it takes a huge effort for you to keep your mouth shut about things that concern you, so I will admit that your actions, or rather lack of them, have pleasantly surprised me… thank you, Jaheira. May I…?”

“You may, Viconia,” Jaheira laughs, as the Drow briefly and hesitantly hugs her, but just as she wants to recoil from the embrace, suddenly another pair of arms wrap around them both as Imoen joins into the group hug…

“Aww… you two are the beshtest friends… I mean the best lover and a best friend that a ferocious and intimidating Bhaalspawn can have…” the young girl sighs happily and the other two only laugh in response…

#2 Guest_Bjorn_*

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:19 PM

Ok, continuing where we left off with the previous chapter… and now, Jaheira decides to have *that* talk with Imoen. It doesn’t quite work out the way she intended… :D …but I hope the ending will earn some ‘Awww’s’. :D

Ah, a nice happy chapter? Yay!

“Well? What did he say? I demand to know what lies he spouted about me! Am I the venomous snake trying to corrupt an innocent child? Go on, speak!” Viconia shouts at us, seemingly ignoring the fact that she has disturbed us in a rather delicate moment, which is made all the more obvious by Jaheira’s partial nudity…

Should have locked the door, Theo. :D

“Calm down, Viconia – if you have something to say then come in and shut the door behind you,” Jaheira retorts, straightening out her shirt to cover her exposed body parts, “I see that you still have not learned to knock before entering.”

Irrational ranting is rather less effective if you knock politely on the door first, somehow. :)

“Dearest, I think I will let you handle this on your own,” Jaheira whispers before getting out of the bed and putting a cloak around her shoulders.

Heh, wants to test Theo's diplomatic skills some more, does she?

“What? What kind of a stupid question is that? I…” she stops and glares at me, seemingly unsure of how to go on, “How is one supposed to feel when… in love?”

Well, in Theo's case it makes him do a lot of really silly things. :) But I guess it's probably different for everyone, really.

“Then you are in love, Viconia. I feel peculiar being the one to tell you… that was… very odd indeed,” I proceed to refill my glass, hoping that the alcohol might clear up the eerie situation. I take Viconia’s empty glass from her hands as she stands in the middle of the room like petrified, having refilled it, I press it back into her slightly numb hand…

Don't drink too much, Theo, or Jaheira will have someone else to scold once she's done with Imoen.

“It feels like… like a disease that you can’t get rid of and that weakens you…” she whispers, “it is not for me… no, I don’t want to feel that way…”

:D Aw - it's not all bad, Vic.

“Back so soon? I thought you were going to be tortured by Jaheira’s interrogations… boy, if she gets into the mood, you better watch out…” Imoen chortles, not bothering to look at who the visitor is.

:)

“I am sure that she can discuss all her concerns with Theodur… meanwhile, I took it as a chance for us two to have a little talk, Imoen,” Jaheira smiles and motions Imoen to sit down on the bed, before joining her.

Run for the hills, immy. :)

“To… to hells with everyone! I… I wish everyone would just leave us alone!” Imoen explodes in anger and jumps upright, yelling like Jaheira has never heard her before, “it is between the two of us, not for everyone to discuss and be concerned about! Much less for you, Jaheira!”

Fair point, although it's going to hurt Jaheira to hear it.

“Ha! But I know what you are thinking and I bet you are whispering in Theo’s ears to send Viconia away! Well, you have absolutely no right to interfere in relationships of others… they way you treated Khalid! Sometimes I thought that I loved him more than you have ever loved him…” the words come out faster than Imoen can stop them and only after they are out, she quickly presses her palm over her mouth.

:) Woot! I wasn't expecting that! Although having a crush on Khalid is perfectly understandable. :)

She glances at Jaheira, worried and waiting an outburst or even something much worse, but Jaheira remains chained to the bed, all the color drained from her face and she looks absolutely stunned.

:) Poor Jaheira - this is going to make her feel really bad.

“Imoen, child… please trust me when I say that I loved my husband… for it is the truth. I did love him, but the feelings… they started to wane over the years, but they never fully disappeared… they never did. I wish you could believe that what I say is true… I never knew it, but now I understand just how important your approval of my relationship with Theodur is to me…” Jaheira is fighting hard to hold a straight face and she barely manages to stiffle a sob.

:) Aw...

“I suppose I deserve some of that, Imoen… I have done things I am not exactly proud of. I understand why you reacted the way you did, Imoen… and some of my actions in the past might have been a reason for you to act the way you did, I have not always been the most considerate of friends…” a chuckle that somehow could be mistaken for a sob, erupts from Jaheira’s lips, “but know this, I only came here to know whether you are truly happy with Viconia… everything else is beyond my concern.”

Aw - I think it's a good thing that they had this conversation. Hopefully it will reduce some of the tension in the party.

“Then that is all I need to know, Imoen,” Jaheira says softly, “and I… I never thought you felt that way towards my husband… I mean… I thought it was just a harmless, childish infatuation… but then I thought the same about Theodur’s feelings towards me, only to discover an ocean of passion…”

Only Khalid didn't feel the need to sleep with Immy to find out. Nah, I guess I don't really hold that against Jaheira any more - but I do feel really sorry for Khalid still.

“Oh, Imoen… of course not… now that we have spoken about it, I feel much more relieved…” Jaheira smiles and extends her arms to draw the girl closer. Imoen drops on her knees and wraps her hands around Jaheira’s waist, her head resting on the older woman’s chest, while Jaheira places her hands on Imoen’s shoulders as they hold each other tightly as if to seal the deeper friendship between them.

Ok, you get that awww you wanted. :D

“Aww… you two are the beshtest friends… I mean the best lover and a best friend that a ferocious and intimidating Bhaalspawn can have…” the young girl sighs happily and the other two only laugh in response…

And another aww!

Great chapter :) . Jaheira seems to be starting to deal with her Khalid issues now - I just hope that when Theo finally gets round to telling her what happened, it doesn't set her back too far.

#3 Guest_Edgar_*

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:26 PM

Ok, continuing where we left off with the previous chapter… and now, Jaheira decides to have *that* talk with Imoen. It doesn’t quite work out the way she intended… :D …but I hope the ending will earn some ‘Awww’s’. :D

It did!

There's never a good time to enter Theo and Jaheira's room... :)

“And I see that you still have not learned to lock the door before getting on with that coupling,” Viconia grimaces

Good comeback!

“Well, she IS my sister, so I am concerned about her wellbeing,” I point out, “but I have no reason to interfere…yet. Tell me, Viconia… do you truly love her?”

Ah, now we come to the crucial question!

“How? Err… you mean… you don’t know?” I look at her with incomprehension, “eh, I… I understand… well, when you care so much about the other person that you want to protect her, to see her happy and to be the cause of her happiness… and to be with her as much as possible… when seeing her hurt, pains you more than anything else… well, those are some of the signs. Do they seem familiar?”

Woohoo!

Too late!

Imoen has just finished scribing into her spellbook as she sighs quietly and lets the book slip out of her hands and drop onto the floor with a soft thud. She rolls over in her bed to lie on her back, her thoughts clearly elsewhere… the recent tongue-lashing between Keldorn and Viconia still upsetting her greatly.

I nearly made a comment here, but... :)

Well said!

Oops... :)

And this would be the perfect time for...

“Well, well, well… Imoen, are you already cheating on me, you naughty rascal?” Viconia’s voice, coming from the doors, startles them both, but Jaheira continues to hold the girl close even as she looks at the smirking Drow.

...Viconia to walk in. :)

“It was most… insightful. I… think I managed to learn some useful things…” Viconia smiles, albeit somewhat reluctantly, “I think that our leader is anxiously waiting for your return, druid… no doubt to resume what you were up to before I interrupted. Poor boy is probably starving for some mouthful of your ample bosom, Jaheira… don’t keep him waiting,” Viconia smirks as Jaheira rises to leave the room.

Good, er, visual imagery here... :)

Aww!

Nice chapter!

#4 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:49 PM

Ok, continuing where we left off with the previous chapter… and now, Jaheira decides to have *that* talk with Imoen. It doesn’t quite work out the way she intended… :D …but I hope the ending will earn some ‘Awww’s’. :P

Ah, a nice happy chapter? Yay!

I can imagine that you will enjoy the post-Irenicus part of the story, then... :(

Should have locked the door, Theo. :P

He kinda didn't have time for that... :D

Irrational ranting is rather less effective if you knock politely on the door first, somehow. :)

I suppose then it loses the part of its 'irrationality'

Heh, wants to test Theo's diplomatic skills some more, does she?

Yes... and now she has the trust to leave him alone with Viconia, too. :)

Well, in Theo's case it makes him do a lot of really silly things. :) But I guess it's probably different for everyone, really.

Viconia: Well, if his behavior is an example, then... pah! Who needs love!

Don't drink too much, Theo, or Jaheira will have someone else to scold once she's done with Imoen.

I think she'll have other thoughts in her head after that talk...

:D Aw - it's not all bad, Vic.

She WILL learn...

:D

Run for the hills, immy. :)

Oh, come on, Jaheira is not that bad... err... well... ah, forget it. :)

Fair point, although it's going to hurt Jaheira to hear it.

Imoen just misinterpreted her intentions...

:) Woot! I wasn't expecting that! Although having a crush on Khalid is perfectly understandable. :P

Hehe, I guess so... but it was actually mentioned, in one of her talks with Vicky, back in the Underdark. It wasn't really love, rather than some quiet adoration...

:) Poor Jaheira - this is going to make her feel really bad.

Afraid so... she probably wishes she would have not interfered...

:) Aw...

See, I'm not cutting her any slack... :(

Aw - I think it's a good thing that they had this conversation. Hopefully it will reduce some of the tension in the party.

Yes, Jaheira wants Imoen's acceptance of her relationship with Theo.

Only Khalid didn't feel the need to sleep with Immy to find out. Nah, I guess I don't really hold that against Jaheira any more - but I do feel really sorry for Khalid still.

I... have figured out a way to make up (at least a bit) to Khalid... I can't say more about this twist, as it is connected with my alteration of the plot, but... I want to write it, since I can't stand the thought of poor Khalid being miserable even in afterlife. :(

Ok, you get that awww you wanted. :D

Yay! :D

And another aww!

Yippee!

Great chapter :P . Jaheira seems to be starting to deal with her Khalid issues now - I just hope that when Theo finally gets round to telling her what happened, it doesn't set her back too far.

Oh... interesting thought! Theo will tell her soon in the real-storytime terms, it's just that we have so many chapters to go before it happens. :)

Thanks for commenting!

Is Garrick's harp still unstrung, btw? :D

#5 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:59 PM

Ok, continuing where we left off with the previous chapter… and now, Jaheira decides to have *that* talk with Imoen. It doesn’t quite work out the way she intended… :) …but I hope the ending will earn some ‘Awww’s’. :(

It did!

Good, good!

There's never a good time to enter Theo and Jaheira's room... :)

Unless you want to be treated with some spicy sights and a punch in the nose to boot. :D

“And I see that you still have not learned to lock the door before getting on with that coupling,” Viconia grimaces

Good comeback!

She never missed a beat. :D

Ah, now we come to the crucial question!

Ayup!

Woohoo!

One softened drow coming up...

Too late!

Much, much too late... :D

Imoen has just finished scribing into her spellbook as she sighs quietly and lets the book slip out of her hands and drop onto the floor with a soft thud. She rolls over in her bed to lie on her back, her thoughts clearly elsewhere… the recent tongue-lashing between Keldorn and Viconia still upsetting her greatly.

I nearly made a comment here, but... :)

OH. DEAR. :)

Well said!

Quite true, Jaheira has a history of being nosy at times. :)

Oops... :)

She does exaggarate her feeling here, a bit... she's upset. :)

And this would be the perfect time for...

...Viconia to walk in. :)

Classical, almost to the point of being cheesy! :D

Good, er, visual imagery here... :)

Oh... yeah... :)

Aww!

Nice chapter!

Thanks for commenting! :D

#6 Guest_Winter_Bloom_*

Posted 10 November 2003 - 07:04 PM

Or is it that the innocent Immy is out to corrupt Vickie? :)

“And I see that you still have not learned to lock the door before getting on with that coupling,” Viconia grimaces, “so, what will it be… have you decided to listen to that old fool?”

Just one wee nitpick. :D Maybe remove the "that" before the word coupling?

“I can’t see how that is anybody’s business. Anyone who will interfere, risks a broken nose, I promise as much,” she spits out.

I think they risk more than a broken nose. :)

Ah yes, she wouldn't know what the feeling is, given her past. :D

“In… love? ” she mutters as the glass slips out of her fingers and drops on the carpet, “that… can’t be…”

“Does that scare you? Worry not… you’ll get used to it,” I chuckle, “and you will grow to enjoy it.”

Sadly I find myself agreeing with this statement. :)

At least she's wrong because Immy will stay with her, no matter what and she won't abandon Viconia.

“Is that so, Imoen?” Jaheira’s voice, while not angry but only slightly mocking, startles Imoen and she jumps straight out of the bed, looking rather peevish and guilty in the face.

Doh!

“You must understand that what is going on between Viconia and you is… well, it was unexpected for me. Theodur and I, we wish only the best for you and I hope that you are doing the right thing, but… you must understand why everyone is concerned…”

Because Vickie is eeevil? :D Vicke is likable imo because she's not so goody goody. :)

Besides, Jaheira should think of it this way: Immy's cheerfulness and Vickie's gloominess balance each otehr out. :)

Whoops! :) However, I can't help but thik Jae deserved that in a way, but then again I'm not as forgiving as she is.

“I… um… I didn’t really mean that… Jaheira? Jaheira, I’m sorry…” Imoen looks at her, but there is no reaction. Only as Imoen steps closer and gently shakes Jaheira by the shoulders, she comes out of the shocked state.

If everyone had actually talked about what was bothering them earlier, it wouldn't have come out so wrong...

Actually, as passionate as Jaheira is, I can very well see her being able to love more than one person. :D

“Jaheira… you can’t imagine how happy I am… err, no wait... I guess you can…” Imoen corrects herself, “I’ve never felt like this before and it is… wonderful… and you know – I guess I always felt like that for Viconia, I was just too… confused and ashamed to admit it to myself… silly me, but then she acted exactly the same…”

Aww, it's a shame when people feel shame for caring for someone that doesn't fit the ideal norm. :)

Silly Vickie. :)

“You may, Viconia,” Jaheira laughs, as the Drow briefly and hesitantly hugs her, but just as she wants to recoil from the embrace, suddenly another pair of arms wrap around them both as Imoen joins into the group hug…

Awww... :D

#7 Laufey

Posted 10 November 2003 - 07:13 PM

Oh yes...Theo has the right of it. And Vic has fallen, fallen badly.

“Sorry, Vicky… you can’t just wish those feelings away. And I do hope that you won’t, because having seen and heard how you feel towards Imoen, I have no qualms whatsoever about seeing you two together…” I wink at her.

Awww...Theo is a very good friend and brother here. :)

That's quite right, Immy.

“Ch… Imoen, please… I merely wish to know that you are ha-” Jaheira looks at her, worried.

This was uncalled for though...but at least she apologized at once.

“Oh, one more thing, Jaheira,” Viconia speaks as Jaheira is about to pass by her, “I know that it takes a huge effort for you to keep your mouth shut about things that concern you, so I will admit that your actions, or rather lack of them, have pleasantly surprised me… thank you, Jaheira. May I…?”

Aw, this was very sweet. :)
Rogues do it from behind.

#8 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 10 November 2003 - 08:00 PM

Or is it that the innocent Immy is out to corrupt Vickie? :)

All a matter of perspective. :D

Just one wee nitpick. :P Maybe remove the "that" before the word coupling?

yeah... initially I had written 'that coupling of yours'... didn't cut it properly.

I think they risk more than a broken nose. :)

She will start by breaking the nose... :)

Ah yes, she wouldn't know what the feeling is, given her past. :(

She's quite puzzled and frightened about the force that drags her towards Immy.

:D

Sadly I find myself agreeing with this statement. :(

Aww. Well, Viconia will be proven wrong, and you will probably be, too... in time. :)

At least she's wrong because Immy will stay with her, no matter what and she won't abandon Viconia.

That is always true for the right person, I think. :)

Doh!

Because Vickie is eeevil? :P Vicke is likable imo because she's not so goody goody. :D

Oh, yes... I'm quite fond of her, too :D

Besides, Jaheira should think of it this way: Immy's cheerfulness and Vickie's gloominess balance each otehr out. :D

True, true... but then again - my Jaheira is somewhat unbalanced, herself...

Whoops! :) However, I can't help but thik Jae deserved that in a way, but then again I'm not as forgiving as she is.

It hurt to hear, that's for sure. Deserved, in a way... I can agree, yes.

If everyone had actually talked about what was bothering them earlier, it wouldn't have come out so wrong...

There are a lot of dark secrets buried here... sometimes, it takes such drastic measures to bring them out.

Actually, as passionate as Jaheira is, I can very well see her being able to love more than one person. :)

Yes, that occured to me too... I could very well imagine her being torn between two men, like that.

Aww, it's a shame when people feel shame for caring for someone that doesn't fit the ideal norm. :(

Yes, the world we live is not the most tolerant of places, and imagine that Faerun is even worse.

Silly Vickie. :P

As much as I love twists, I am not writing a Imoen-Jaheira romance... :D

Awww... :)

Thank you! :D

#9 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 10 November 2003 - 08:06 PM

Oh yes...Theo has the right of it. And Vic has fallen, fallen badly.

Muahaha! That she has! :)

Awww...Theo is a very good friend and brother here. :)

Yeah... he knows that his relationship with Jaheira still isn't as he would want it to be, so he wants that everything works out for Imoen and Viconia. :)

That's quite right, Immy.

Jaheira didn't really go to reprimand or accuse her of anything, but it's natural that Immy would suspect that she was there to scold her and went on the defensive.

This was uncalled for though...but at least she apologized at once.

For a second there, she really wanted to hurt Jaheira... but I think it was natural that she would feel dreadfully sorry for doing so.

Aw, this was very sweet. :)

Thanks, Laufey! :)

#10 Guest_Dark-Mage_*

Posted 10 November 2003 - 09:45 PM

Good chapter Theodur, it was very sweet :)

#11 Guest_IronDragon_*

Posted 10 November 2003 - 11:13 PM

Ok, continuing where we left off with the previous chapter… and now, Jaheira decides to have *that* talk with Imoen. It doesn’t quite work out the way she intended… …but I hope the ending will earn some ‘Awww’s’.

I didn’t get to the story immediately I spent a few minutes laughing at yoru choice of words here.

For years in this part of the world there was a series of very bad of television commercials for “feminine hygien products” that usually featured a mother and daughter have “*that* talk” usually while in a meadow or a beach. Immediately I put Jaheira and Imoen in that commercial.
Imoen: Jaheira are there ever times when you feel … less than fresh?
Sorry, very long day here.

… on to your story:

Perhaps scheduled appointment times would be good.

“Has she been whispering in your ear as well? That I am a bad influence for your little, innocent sister?”

Theo has an innocent sister?

Vic has gone all wobbly.

the only known cure is marriage and even that is not always 100% effective.

Step one: open mouth. Step two: insert foot.

Sometimes I thought that I loved him more than you have ever loved him…” the words come out faster than Imoen can stop them and only after they are out, she quickly presses her palm over her mouth.

step three: insert other foot in mouth.

quite the confession for Jaheira.

“It does not look like you have been trying to convince or sway Imoen that this relationship is sinful and evil, so I suppose your teeth and chin will remain intact, Jaheira,” Viconia observes.

Yep. Vic is getting soft in her old age.

AWWWWWW.

#12 Guest_Bjorn_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:17 AM

:shock: Woot! I wasn't expecting that! Although having a crush on Khalid is perfectly understandable. :P

Hehe, I guess so... but it was actually mentioned, in one of her talks with Vicky, back in the Underdark. It wasn't really love, rather than some quiet adoration...

Oops, sorry - I'd forgotten that part. Must still have been a shock to Jaheira, though.

I... have figured out a way to make up (at least a bit) to Khalid... I can't say more about this twist, as it is connected with my alteration of the plot, but... I want to write it, since I can't stand the thought of poor Khalid being miserable even in afterlife. :)

Yay! Can't wait for it. :o

Great chapter :D . Jaheira seems to be starting to deal with her Khalid issues now - I just hope that when Theo finally gets round to telling her what happened, it doesn't set her back too far.

Oh... interesting thought! Theo will tell her soon in the real-storytime terms, it's just that we have so many chapters to go before it happens. :)

Just as long as he gets round to it eventually. :lol:

Is Garrick's harp still unstrung, btw? :lol:

I have been writing, not not very quickly. It's going quite well though - I just need to speed up and write more than a paragraph a day. But I'll get there eventually...

#13 Guest_argan_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:57 AM

Mush, mush, mush :shock:

Good chapter, anyway

#14 Guest_Rose of Jericho_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 05:57 AM

Why be so shy? Say breast. Or tummy. Or whatever is showing. "Body parts" seems so PG. :shock:

“Where are you-” the look that she gives me, stops me at half-sentence. Of course, she just has to go and talk with Imoen… well, she is in relatively good mood, so maybe she won’t scold the poor kid too badly…

It might be just me, but the interruption confused me. Perhaps if you said, "Where are you--" I begin, but the look she gives me stops me at half-sentence.

*grin* Now, that's a question, isn't it?

I take Viconia’s empty glass from her hands as she stands in the middle of the room like petrified, …

Like petrified? How about, as if petrified.

“Do you… do you have something stronger than wine?” she finally manages and we both share a hearty laugh…

There seem to be a lot of ellipses ending sentences in this section. Everyone's trailing off ... gets a little distracting ...

But other than that, loved the exchange between them. It's always nice seeing Vic get floored. :lol:

Maybe you can put the attribution elsewhere, so that the sentence truly seems like it's being interrupted. "Ch ... Imoen, please." Jaheira looks at her, worried. "I merely wish to know that you are ha-"

Ouch. That's our Immy -- her mouth is faster than her brain. I always kinda had that impression, too.

Awwww! Indeed. The juxtapositions of conversations about love is really nice -- one revealing and quiet, one revealing and energetic. :lol:

LOL, so that's the body part!

:o It's nice when our Bhaalspawn have nice moments. :)

Rose of Jericho

#15 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:29 AM

Good chapter Theodur, it was very sweet :wink:

Some parts of it, anyways... well, thanks for letting me know what you think! :wink:

#16 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:35 AM

Ok, continuing where we left off with the previous chapter… and now, Jaheira decides to have *that* talk with Imoen. It doesn’t quite work out the way she intended… …but I hope the ending will earn some ‘Awww’s’.

I didn’t get to the story immediately I spent a few minutes laughing at yoru choice of words here.

For years in this part of the world there was a series of very bad of television commercials for “feminine hygien products” that usually featured a mother and daughter have “*that* talk” usually while in a meadow or a beach. Immediately I put Jaheira and Imoen in that commercial.
Imoen: Jaheira are there ever times when you feel … less than fresh?
Sorry, very long day here.

:wink: I... see. :(

… on to your story:

Perhaps scheduled appointment times would be good.

That' a novel idea... would Vic keep up with the schedule, though?

“Has she been whispering in your ear as well? That I am a bad influence for your little, innocent sister?”

Theo has an innocent sister?

Probably, but it's not Imoen! :wink:

Vic has gone all wobbly.

So she has...

the only known cure is marriage and even that is not always 100% effective.

LOL! I don't think I could ever press Viconia and Imoen into that!

Step one: open mouth. Step two: insert foot.

:( Imoen should do well to listen to that advice. :wink:

Sometimes I thought that I loved him more than you have ever loved him…” the words come out faster than Imoen can stop them and only after they are out, she quickly presses her palm over her mouth.

step three: insert other foot in mouth.

I don't think there is enough space for two feet...

quite the confession for Jaheira.

She's pretty absorbed with Theo, that's why she isn't terribly interested in meddling into affairs of others.

Yep. Vic is getting soft in her old age.

Yeah, technically she's the oldest in the group... and by far... :D

AWWWWWW.

I warned you, didn't I? :(

#17 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:41 AM

Oops, sorry - I'd forgotten that part. Must still have been a shock to Jaheira, though.

Oh, it was...

I... have figured out a way to make up (at least a bit) to Khalid... I can't say more about this twist, as it is connected with my alteration of the plot, but... I want to write it, since I can't stand the thought of poor Khalid being miserable even in afterlife. :(

Yay! Can't wait for it. :D

It will happen some time after Theo tells Jaheira the truth... so not very soon, but I'm already looking forward to writing it.

Oh... interesting thought! Theo will tell her soon in the real-storytime terms, it's just that we have so many chapters to go before it happens. :(

Just as long as he gets round to it eventually. :wink:

Oh, you will be pretty exasparated by the time when it will eventually happen. Ha! :wink:

Is Garrick's harp still unstrung, btw? :wink:

I have been writing, not not very quickly. It's going quite well though - I just need to speed up and write more than a paragraph a day. But I'll get there eventually...

Great! Just don't be bothered by the pace of others - look, my stuff is almost all dialogues, it's really not that hard to write them quickly. :(

#18 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:44 AM

Mush, mush, mush :wink:

Yeah... you'd think that once I get to Suldanessellar, there would be no mush... hopefully the fight with the black dragon won't be all mushy. :wink:

Good chapter, anyway

Thanks!

#19 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:55 AM

Why be so shy? Say breast. Or tummy. Or whatever is showing. "Body parts" seems so PG. :wink:

You are right - to hells with modesty! Her breasts were showing and I'll make sure that everyone knows that, in the re-write! :D

It might be just me, but the interruption confused me. Perhaps if you said, "Where are you--" I begin, but the look she gives me stops me at half-sentence.

I agree, that makes it clearer. :wink:

*grin* Now, that's a question, isn't it?

It's quite unfathomable that such feelings are alien to a human-like creature...

I take Viconia’s empty glass from her hands as she stands in the middle of the room like petrified, …

Like petrified? How about, as if petrified.

Sounds better, yes. :wink:

There seem to be a lot of ellipses ending sentences in this section. Everyone's trailing off ... gets a little distracting ...

I notice that I have tendency to over use them - I will pay more attention to them.

But other than that, loved the exchange between them. It's always nice seeing Vic get floored. :D

Oh, indeed! :(

Maybe you can put the attribution elsewhere, so that the sentence truly seems like it's being interrupted. "Ch ... Imoen, please." Jaheira looks at her, worried. "I merely wish to know that you are ha-"

Very good call! I'll make sure to remember this, it sounds much more natural as per your suggestion!

Ouch. That's our Immy -- her mouth is faster than her brain. I always kinda had that impression, too.

Yes, she's obviously very intelligent, but also very emotional, I think...

Awwww! Indeed. The juxtapositions of conversations about love is really nice -- one revealing and quiet, one revealing and energetic. :(

Thanks! I liked this bit of the conversation, myself - and that's a good sign...

LOL, so that's the body part!

Yes, now you know... :(

:) It's nice when our Bhaalspawn have nice moments. :)

Yes, thay don't happen very often, do they?

Rose of Jericho

Thanks for dropping by, Rose! Your comments were very useful, as always! :(

#20 Guest_Yazston_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 07:59 PM

and now, Jaheira decides to have *that* talk with Imoen. It doesn’t quite work out the way she intended…

Oh no... :wink:

“so, what will it be… have you decided to listen to that old fool?”

Well, if Theo decided to listen to Keldorn.. he'd be the fool. But he isn't! So, no one's going to leave! Yay! :(

well, she is in relatively good mood, so maybe she won’t scold the poor kid too badly…

Jaheira.. relatively.. heh.. :wink:

I slowly get out of bed and head over to the small table to pour myself a glass of wine for myself and Viconia – I fear that this might prove too difficult with a dry throat.

Or maybe you hope somewhere deep inside that she would get very, very drunk.. and forget the whole thing. Ha-ha-ha!

Oh, and: "to pour myself a glass of wine for myself anf Viconia." Eh, I think you should erase the other 'myself'. :)

Poor Viccy.. But I'm very, very glad she has Imoen! :D

Aww... I really like the idea.. (Have liked it from the very beginning!)

I proceed to refill my glass, hoping that the alcohol might clear up the eerie situation. I take Viconia’s empty glass from her hands as she stands in the middle of the room like petrified, having refilled it, I press it back into her slightly numb hand…

Maybe you should explain that they have been drinking the wine during the discussion. It feels strange to see that the glasses are suddenly empty.

Ooops... The carpet! Oh no.. I hope the innkeeper won't notice it. :P

She hears the door to her room opening slowly and someone steps inside.

And the (sorry Theo!) nightmare begins... :wink:

Ooops! Tsk, tsk, tsk... Imoen, that was a bad mistake! :D

“Sometimes I thought that I loved him more than you have ever loved him…” the words come out faster than Imoen can stop them and only after they are out, she quickly presses her palm over her mouth.

:( I'm happy that you don't mean that..

and you know – I guess I always felt like that for Viconia, I was just too… confused and ashamed to admit it to myself… silly me, but …”

Yep, silly you! It's so great to see you two together! :D

Awwww... I really liked the whole scene! :D

“Aww, Vic… don’t be mean to Jaheira, she only meant well… how did your talk with Theo went?”

Um.. well, I think. She found out her true feelings and stuff. ^^

"How did your talk with Theo go." :(

“no doubt to resume what you were up to before I interrupted. Poor boy is probably starving for some mouthful of your ample bosom, Jaheira… don’t keep him waiting,” Viconia smirks as Jaheira rises to leave the room.

:(

Awww!! (There, are you happy now!? Kidding.. :) )

Liked this episode very much! :D And I've intented to ask you this, but I have forgotten it everytime. Do you like Coldplay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com