Rush Of Blood To The Head, part 6.12.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 03 November 2003 - 04:57 PM

I took a slightly unusual approach to this chapter, splitting it to four smaller parts. Keldorn and Nalia take the spotlight for this chapter, they have been drifting back to the shadows and I wanted to give them more airtime, besides – they had some things they wanted to say.

Then we have a smaller part where Theo is being *comforted* by Edwin, a slightly more private part offering a look in Viconia and Imoen’s bedroom :mrgreen: and finally we get to witness Jaheira’s change of heart. :mrgreen:

I hope that you like it!

Rush Of Blood To The Head, part 6.12.

It is a beautiful and sunny morning of late Amnish summer, but Nalia arrives in the main hall of the inn thinking rather dark and gloomy thoughts. Prospects of facing a very dangerous vampire and her numerous lackeys are not entirely attractive to her… She does not feel fear as such, rather than a slight unease and uncertainty of whether she is up to the task. True, she has been preparing very carefully, following the advice of Imoen and that rude Red Wizard… still, she has not seen serious action for a while, since her last trip with Theo to Imnesvale, and that is what makes her worried.

She is relieved to see that Keldorn is the only one of the party members, currently having his breakfast, but she is slightly surprised about the absence of the others. She does not wonder about that for too long, instead she quickly hurries over to greet Keldorn with a warm smile and after a brief exchange of pleasantries, she is waiting for the serving wench to arrive. Watching Keldorn struggle with his oatmeal, Nalia concludes that this must be one of the toughest fights one has to face in this life.

“Keldorn, what was all that shouting about?” Nalia interrupts the paladin from eating, “I was still half-asleep, but I thought I heard Jaheira yelling at someone.”

“It is not in our rights to intrude in privacy of others, but sometimes the privacy of others can intrude in our lives, without us wanting it…” Keldorn muses, “I believe lady Jaheira and Theodur have come to a disagreement, which comes to an unpleasant surprise to me.”

“Really? Oh, dear… poor Theo, being on the receiving end of that,” Nalia shudders, “I wonder too… they seem to be such a harmonious couple. This is actually quite a surprise, considering… I mean…”

“Whatever do you mean by that, young Nalia?” Keldorn puts his fork aside and looks at her inquiringly, “Why does it come as a surprise to you?”

“Well… I suppose you didn’t know… Jaheira lost her husband quite recently… I mean… they sure got together rather quickly. It’s not my right to pass a judgment or condemn them for it… but I always had the feeling that they were… you know… in love, long before that happened.”

“That is… more than I wanted to know, young miss,” Keldorn looks at her sternly, “none of us could nor should claim the moral highground to judge the actions of others when it comes to such delicate and private matters. Torm knows, I have been less than a perfect husband, myself, placing my duty to the church over my marriage.”

“I… I am sorry, Keldorn… I meant no offense,” Nalia stammers.

“I know you did not and there was none taken,” Keldorn smiles, “A feeling like love cannot be immoral in itself, always remember that, Nalia.”

“Thank you, Keldorn,” Nalia smiles back, relieved, “how… how do you feel amongst Theodur’s friends… if I may ask? It is not the same as…”

“As it was before? I spent roughly a day with Theodur’s group and did not get to know them better, but I certainly feel that the lad himself has changed… a lot,” Keldorn grows pensive for a moment, before continuing calmly, “he looks at everyone who greets him with such suspicion, but I suppose I can understand him. And Lady Jaheira… it is obvious that she has been through hell, since our last meeting.”

“I just don’t feel as welcomed in this group as I felt when we traveled together before Isaea kidnapped me… Theo and Jaheira unsuccessfully trying to keep their relationship a secret, Yoshi being such a great comfort after father’s death and Jan with his funny stories… we were a friendly group, indeed,” Nalia smiles bitterly at her memories, “now… I don’t know…”

“Jaheira and Theo… they have both changed, I feel that… and this drow - she is very unfriendly to me. I think that Theo’s sister is a nice girl, but she doesn’t leave the side of that drow for a moment and I just can’t get to talk with her,” Keldorn’s blushing escapes Nalia’s notice as she continues her ramblings, “she’s really weird, though… and that wizard is outright rude and nasty, I swear he enjoys insulting us!”

“Yes, young Edwin has quite appalling lack of manners, I must admit,” Keldorn replies, “it is best to ignore him and not to take his words too close to the heart. Still, I wonder why Theodur keeps him in his company now that we have two skillful mages amongst our ranks. I shall speak to him on this matter… but I will leave you to enjoy your breakfast. I must get ready, it takes a long time for this old man to don that full plate…”

Nalia laughs quietly as Keldorn leaves the table, the talk easing her spirit just a little… and then it is dampened again as she looks to the plate that the serving wench has put on the table.

A bowl of… oatmeal.

Edwin’s room is a rather small one and the windows are facing the inner yard – something that our aesthetic wizard complained about loudly. That doesn’t bother me much at this particular moment as I sit on Edwin’s bed and slowly massage my hurt shin, a rather large bruise forming on the skin.

“So… let me know if I understand correctly – you go to the graveyard, kill all the vampires, retrieve the soul of that annoying sister of yours, come back only to get yelled at and beaten up?” Edwin looks at me with incomprehension, “is that woman of yours stupid?”

“Well… you have an amazing knack to interpret it rather differently, Edwin,” I smirk, “you are not concerned about me giving into the Bhaal taint or risking my life in such a dangerous mission, but Jaheira is… she is only afraid to lose me and I understand that. She is my lover, you are not…”

“Thankfully,” Edwin adds, “still, you will not hear any complains from this Red Wizard about his simian lackeys doing the dirty job for him (as it should have been, of course).”

“The question is what we are going to do about this,” I sigh, “I think that Jaheira will need some time to calm down… unless we think of something clever and quickly, you will have a roomie for the night and I don’t think you would want that.”

“As it happens, the astonishing intellect of Edwin Odesseiron has come through once again by figuring out a simple, yet devious way in which to solve our problems. This way I will not have to endure your humiliating company,” Edwin proudly puffs out his chest.

“Forget it, Edwin. You are NOT going to share a room with Jaheira for the night. Only in your dreams… no, actually I forbid you to even dream about that!” I laugh, seeing his peevish expression.

“Only an uncouth barbarian could simplify my refined and far-reaching plans to such banalities,” Edwin quickly recovers and puts on his mask of disdain, “I… err… meant something totally different, yes… what I meant is that we simply have to find a way to calm down that loudmouth wench of yours.”

“I don’t think that is possible right now, Eddie – that might be just as dangerous as touching a beehive,” I sigh, “unless you have a real plan, now that just might help…”

“Err… I am working on that,” Edwin replies sheepishly, but somehow that doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence in me. Gods, I must be really desperate if I am asking Edwin an advice regarding my love life…

The morning is already quite late, but the curtains still cover the windows of Imoen and Viconia’s room… and there is a very good reason for that, as both occupants of this room find themselves in the bed, wearing very little if anything at all… They both lay on their backs, Imoen’s head resting on Viconia’s shoulder as they both look drowsy and very content.

“So… that’s how it is…” Imoen chuckles, “you knew that I’ve never done it before, didn’t you Vic?”

“Of course, silly one. But you have the best teacher, do you not?” Viconia bends down to gently kiss the back of Imoen’s head.

“The beshtest…” Imoen yawns, but then continues in an amused tone, “Vic, I hope that we were quiet enough… I wouldn’t want Keldorn to hear us and he’s in the room next to ours. Y’know, being a paladin and stuff, he could figure out that he should smite us for being such… err… well, I doubt he would approve, anyways…”

“We don’t need his approval for anything, Immy,” Viconia snarls, “if the fool of a jaluk says a word to you, just tell me. I will make sure he doesn’t bother you… we could just tell Theo to send him away, it’s not like the old fool’s presence is necessary to the group.”

“Aww, I’m sure everyone will understand…” Imoen smiles, “say… I think I forgot something under those blankets… think I’m gonna try to find it…”

With that she ducks her head below the blankets and soon enough Viconia gasps in pleasure, before sneaking under the blankets herself to join her new lover.

Jaheira is lying in the bed with her head buried in the pillow, deep in thought and also slightly exhausted from the wrecking of furniture and tray of dishes – a half-successful attempt to vent her anger. Slowly, she rises from the pillow and brushes back the long, unbraided hair that is falling in her face, as she surveys the scene of carnage… A whole set of dishes tossed against the wall and completely ruined… a chair smashed against the large mirror at the wall, ruining both objects…

She does feel a bit silly for acting so unreasonably, but in her heart she knows that it has helped… she does not feel as angry as just an hour ago, now there are mostly feelings of sadness and sorrow in her heart.

“He took Dermin’s knife for me… was ready to die instead of me,” angrily, she brushes away the few tears escaping her eyes, “how can I stay mad at him… I just… cannot…” She quickly jumps out of the bed, wipes her eyes clean and heads out of the room full of determination.

#2 Guest_Bjorn_*

Posted 03 November 2003 - 06:20 PM

Then we have a smaller part where Theo is being *comforted* by Edwin, a slightly more private part offering a look in Viconia and Imoen’s bedroom :mrgreen: and finally we get to witness Jaheira’s change of heart. :P

Didn't think you'd keep them apart for long :mrgreen:

I hope that you like it!

I'm sure I will :D

It is a beautiful and sunny morning of late Amnish summer, but Nalia arrives in the main hall of the inn thinking rather dark and gloomy thoughts. Prospects of facing a very dangerous vampire and her numerous lackeys are not entirely attractive to her… She does not feel fear as such, rather than a slight unease and uncertainty of whether she is up to the task. True, she has been preparing very carefully, following the advice of Imoen and that rude Red Wizard… still, she has not seen serious action for a while, since her last trip with Theo to Imnesvale, and that is what makes her worried.

Well, she's going to get a nice let off this time - but if she's going to hang around with Theo and co, she'll have to prepare herself to face serious action before too long.

She is relieved to see that Keldorn is the only one of the party members, currently having his breakfast, but she is slightly surprised about the absence of the others. She does not wonder about that for too long, instead she quickly hurries over to greet Keldorn with a warm smile and after a brief exchange of pleasantries, she is waiting for the serving wench to arrive. Watching Keldorn struggle with his oatmeal, Nalia concludes that this must be one of the toughest fights one has to face in this life.

LOL! Pick the cereal that comes with the best free toy, that's the way to do it. I got a one eyed alien in my Coco Pops this morning 8)

“Keldorn, what was all that shouting about?” Nalia interrupts the paladin from eating, “I was still half-asleep, but I thought I heard Jaheira yelling at someone.”

Better get used to that sound :shock:

“It is not in our rights to intrude in privacy of others, but sometimes the privacy of others can intrude in our lives, without us wanting it…” Keldorn muses, “I believe lady Jaheira and Theodur have come to a disagreement, which comes to an unpleasant surprise to me.”

Yep - aside from anything else, it means they're both probably going to be in a filthy mood today.

“Well… I suppose you didn’t know… Jaheira lost her husband quite recently… I mean… they sure got together rather quickly. It’s not my right to pass a judgment or condemn them for it… but I always had the feeling that they were… you know… in love, long before that happened.”

She needs to go have a good gossip with Immy and Vic, and catch up on all the details. :D

“As it was before? I spent roughly a day with Theodur’s group and did not get to know them better, but I certainly feel that the lad himself has changed… a lot,” Keldorn grows pensive for a moment, before continuing calmly, “he looks at everyone who greets him with such suspicion, but I suppose I can understand him. And Lady Jaheira… it is obvious that she has been through hell, since our last meeting.”

:P Yep.

“I just don’t feel as welcomed in this group as I felt when we traveled together before Isaea kidnapped me… Theo and Jaheira unsuccessfully trying to keep their relationship a secret, Yoshi being such a great comfort after father’s death and Jan with his funny stories… we were a friendly group, indeed,” Nalia smiles bitterly at her memories, “now… I don’t know…”

Aw, I'm sure Theo's glad to have you around again. It's just that everyone's been pretty stressed out lately.

Nalia laughs quietly as Keldorn leaves the table, the talk easing her spirit just a little… and then it is dampened again as she looks to the plate that the serving wench has put on the table.

A bowl of… oatmeal.

Bah, send it back and ask for a fry up instead, Nalia. :)

“So… let me know if I understand correctly – you go to the graveyard, kill all the vampires, retrieve the soul of that annoying sister of yours, come back only to get yelled at and beaten up?” Edwin looks at me with incomprehension, “is that woman of yours stupid?”

Heh, some would say that Theo was the stupid one...

“The question is what we are going to do about this,” I sigh, “I think that Jaheira will need some time to calm down… unless we think of something clever and quickly, you will have a roomie for the night and I don’t think you would want that.”

I'm not sure Eddie is really the best one to ask for advice right now, Theo.

“As it happens, the astonishing intellect of Edwin Odesseiron has come through once again by figuring out a simple, yet devious way in which to solve our problems. This way I will not have to endure your humiliating company,” Edwin proudly puffs out his chest.

Hmm - get Theo to share with Keldorn, instead?

“Forget it, Edwin. You are NOT going to share a room with Jaheira for the night. Only in your dreams… no, actually I forbid you to even dream about that!” I laugh, seeing his peevish expression.

ROFL!

“I don’t think that is possible right now, Eddie – that might be just as dangerous as touching a beehive,” I sigh, “unless you have a real plan, now that just might help…”

:P Just give her some time to calm down, Theo. She wouldn't be happy if she knew you were having this conversation...

With that she ducks her head below the blankets and soon enough Viconia gasps in pleasure, before sneaking under the blankets herself to join her new lover.

Aww :) .

“He took Dermin’s knife for me… was ready to die instead of me,” angrily, she brushes away the few tears escaping her eyes, “how can I stay mad at him… I just… cannot…” She quickly jumps out of the bed, wipes her eyes clean and heads out of the room full of determination.

Aw - she was right to be mad at him, but I'm glad it's not going to last. Being apart is only making them both unhappy, and hopefully Theo's learnt his lesson by now...

Great chapter :D

#3 Laufey

Posted 03 November 2003 - 06:36 PM

“That is… more than I wanted to know, young miss,” Keldorn looks at her sternly, “none of us could nor should claim the moral highground to judge the actions of others when it comes to such delicate and private matters. Torm knows, I have been less than a perfect husband, myself, placing my duty to the church over my marriage.”

Oh yes...he knows what it can be like.

“Jaheira and Theo… they have both changed, I feel that… and this drow - she is very unfriendly to me. I think that Theo’s sister is a nice girl, but she doesn’t leave the side of that drow for a moment and I just can’t get to talk with her,” Keldorn’s blushing escapes Nalia’s notice as she continues her ramblings, “she’s really weird, though… and that wizard is outright rude and nasty, I swear he enjoys insulting us!”

Oh yes, he does! :P

What a neat summary, and so diplomatic. :mrgreen:

“Err… I am working on that,” Edwin replies sheepishly, but somehow that doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence in me. Gods, I must be really desperate if I am asking Edwin an advice regarding my love life…

Oooooh dear. This should be *very* interesting.

The morning is already quite late, but the curtains still cover the windows of Imoen and Viconia’s room… and there is a very good reason for that, as both occupants of this room find themselves in the bed, wearing very little if anything at all… They both lay on their backs, Imoen’s head resting on Viconia’s shoulder as they both look drowsy and very content.

“So… that’s how it is…” Imoen chuckles, “you knew that I’ve never done it before, didn’t you Vic?”

“Of course, silly one. But you have the best teacher, do you not?” Viconia bends down to gently kiss the back of Imoen’s head.

Awwww! :shock:

She does feel a bit silly for acting so unreasonably, but in her heart she knows that it has helped… she does not feel as angry as just an hour ago, now there are mostly feelings of sadness and sorrow in her heart.

Ah, this is good news. :P Now, let's see if Eddie messes things up. :mrgreen:
Rogues do it from behind.

#4 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 03 November 2003 - 06:52 PM

Then we have a smaller part where Theo is being *comforted* by Edwin, a slightly more private part offering a look in Viconia and Imoen’s bedroom :mrgreen: and finally we get to witness Jaheira’s change of heart. :P

Didn't think you'd keep them apart for long :P

No, I wouldn't do that. :D

Well, she's going to get a nice let off this time - but if she's going to hang around with Theo and co, she'll have to prepare herself to face serious action before too long.

She lost out on some hefty amount of experience by sitting out the Underdark... good thing that she's not their only mage :D

LOL! Pick the cereal that comes with the best free toy, that's the way to do it. I got a one eyed alien in my Coco Pops this morning :)

Hehe, lucky you! Funny, but I can't stand cereals in the early morning - but I love to have them as an after-midnight snack! 8)

Better get used to that sound :P

Actually, it doesn't happen *that* much with my Jaheira - so that Nalia could have easily forget how it is...

Yep - aside from anything else, it means they're both probably going to be in a filthy mood today.

Yes, and the prospect of having a long journey together with a grouchy druid is not exactly pleasant. :)

She needs to go have a good gossip with Immy and Vic, and catch up on all the details. :)

I'm not sure if Vic and Immy would entrust her with something - they both think of Nalia as something of a stool pigeon for Keldorn... which isn't true, in reality.

:( Yep.

Unfortunately so. :(

Aw, I'm sure Theo's glad to have you around again. It's just that everyone's been pretty stressed out lately.

Yes, he is glad, but showing that isn't his topmost priority right now.

A bowl of… oatmeal.

Bah, send it back and ask for a fry up instead, Nalia. :P

LOL! :D

Heh, some would say that Theo was the stupid one...

It really depends on the perspective.

I'm not sure Eddie is really the best one to ask for advice right now, Theo.

Nope, it just shows how desperate he is. And he wouldn't ask Keldorn for an advice - he's a bit touchy to entrust a paladin with his private matters...

Hmm - get Theo to share with Keldorn, instead?

Funny but since Theo knows Edwin rather well, he's more comfortable with him around.

ROFL!

Bad thoughts, Eddie! :mrgreen:

:D Just give her some time to calm down, Theo. She wouldn't be happy if she knew you were having this conversation...

Especially, if she had heard Edwin's 'cunning plan'! :shock:

Aww :P .

:D

Aw - she was right to be mad at him, but I'm glad it's not going to last. Being apart is only making them both unhappy, and hopefully Theo's learnt his lesson by now...

Yes, she won't gain anything by keeping him away. She'll keep him very close to her side from now on...

Besides, I had to get them back together, before they receive a visit from another old friend... but that is for the next chapter... :)

Great chapter :D

Thanks! :D

#5 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 03 November 2003 - 07:00 PM

Oh yes...he knows what it can be like.

Yes, I thought that Keldorn would know it. Despite some of his shortcomings we see in the game, I think he is not very judgmental, even more so in cases like this.

Oh yes, he does! :D

Better get used to it! :P

What a neat summary, and so diplomatic. :mrgreen:

Yes, a real charmer, isn't he? :P

Oooooh dear. This should be *very* interesting.

Of course, Eddie is quite clueless when it comes to giving advice on the matters of love life... 8)

Awwww! :D

Ah, this is good news. :P Now, let's see if Eddie messes things up. :shock:

Heh, Theo is desperate enough to ASK for Edwin's advice. I'm not sure of he is desperate enough to actually TAKE it. :mrgreen:

#6 Guest_Dark-Mage_*

Posted 03 November 2003 - 10:02 PM

Good chapter and I personally think that you are writing the Imoen and Viconia scenes very well :mrgreen:

#7 Guest_IronDragon_*

Posted 03 November 2003 - 11:38 PM

I took a slightly unusual approach to this chapter, splitting it to four smaller parts. Keldorn and Nalia take the spotlight for this chapter, they have been drifting back to the shadows and I wanted to give them more airtime, besides – they had some things they wanted to say.

Nalia can be quite demanding about things like that too.

And that little adventure did not turn out all that well either did it?

Yes if you overcook that stuff you can’t cut it even with the Holy Avenger.

that would imply that Jaheira was upset about something. What could possibly upset Jaheira?

“Really? Oh, dear… poor Theo, being on the receiving end of that ,” Nalia shudders, “I wonder too… they seem to be such a harmonious couple. This is actually quite a surprise, considering… I mean…”

still waters run deep.

“I know you did not and there was none taken,” Keldorn smiles, “A feeling like love cannot be immoral in itself, always remember that, Nalia.”

Tell that to President Bush.

well his only other hobby is starring to a mirror. Edwin does not have much of a life when you think about it

“Yes, young Edwin has quite appalling lack of manners, I must admit,” Keldorn replies, “it is best to ignore him and not to take his words too close to the heart. Still, I wonder why Theodur keeps him in his company now that we have two skillful mages amongst our ranks. I shall speak to him on this matter… but I will leave you to enjoy your breakfast. I must get ready, it takes a long time for this old man to don that full plate…”

Ahhhh…the real reason for the oatmeal breakfast. Keldorn may need some ‘relaxed fit’ plate mail

Go ask her yourself Edwin.

Didn’t they try that once before?

Ain’t that the truth.

#8 Weyoun

Posted 04 November 2003 - 01:07 AM

LOL! Usually there sounds of another nature keeping everyone awake. :?

Bet they had some shouting matches in the past.

LOL! Theo got more damage from Jaheira than from the vampires! :D

LOL!

Very cute. :) IT'll take my im and vic quite long to get to this point.

Aww...

“The beshtest…” Imoen yawns, but then continues in an amused tone, “Vic, I hope that we were quiet enough… I wouldn’t want Keldorn to hear us and he’s in the room next to ours. Y’know, being a paladin and stuff, he could figure out that he should smite us for being such… err… well, I doubt he would approve, anyways…”

“We don’t need his approval for anything, Immy,” Viconia snarls, “if the fool of a jaluk says a word to you, just tell me. I will make sure he doesn’t bother you… we could just tell Theo to send him away, it’s not like the old fool’s presence is necessary to the group.”

Awww, she called her immy! :)

“Aww, I’m sure everyone will understand…” Imoen smiles, “say… I think I forgot something under those blankets… think I’m gonna try to find it…”

:o :) :lol:

Great stuff,
---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#9 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 04 November 2003 - 10:20 AM

Good chapter and I personally think that you are writing the Imoen and Viconia scenes very well :oops:

Not that you are very impartial on that matter... but thanks anyway! :wink:

#10 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 04 November 2003 - 10:28 AM

Nalia can be quite demanding about things like that too.

A bit of a spoiled brat, isn't she?

And that little adventure did not turn out all that well either did it?

They got their asses whopped by the Shadow Dragon. :D

Yes if you overcook that stuff you can’t cut it even with the Holy Avenger.

Which Keldorn doesn't even possess in this tale.

that would imply that Jaheira was upset about something. What could possibly upset Jaheira?

Beats me. She is an epithome of calmness and serenity, isn't she?

“Really? Oh, dear… poor Theo, being on the receiving end of that ,” Nalia shudders, “I wonder too… they seem to be such a harmonious couple. This is actually quite a surprise, considering… I mean…”

still waters run deep.

And these still waters you do not want to stir...

Tell that to President Bush.

He's beyond convincing, I think. :wink:

well his only other hobby is starring to a mirror. Edwin does not have much of a life when you think about it

Life is never boring for a mage in Realms - always something to discover. I think he's quite content with himself. ;)

Ahhhh…the real reason for the oatmeal breakfast. Keldorn may need some ‘relaxed fit’ plate mail

Hehe, true... it may not be easy to find an orange one for him. :)

Go ask her yourself Edwin.

He's not that suicidal, you know :D

Didn’t they try that once before?

Yeah, and it was fun!

Ain’t that the truth.

It is! :oops:

#11 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 04 November 2003 - 10:35 AM

LOL! Usually there sounds of another nature keeping everyone awake. :D

Hehe, true... that will resume before too long... :oops:

Bet they had some shouting matches in the past.

Maybe, but those nobles are pretty self-restrained about such things.

LOL! Theo got more damage from Jaheira than from the vampires! :D

Yeah... Bodhi pales in front of an angry Jaheira. :(

LOL!

Very cute. :D IT'll take my im and vic quite long to get to this point.

Yes, that would be logical the way you portray them. My Imoen is a bit more... morbid (?), serious (well, in comparison) and not so clueless about what she really wants.

Aww...

I think that Viconia probably has had some experience with women before... :)

Awww, she called her immy! :?

Hehe - I thought she would not treat Immy in the same way as she treats the male PC after sleeping with him... :D

;) :) :wink:

Heh, Immy's a quick learner... :(

Great stuff,
---Weyoun

Thanks for commenting! :?

#12 Guest_Chantrys_*

Posted 05 November 2003 - 02:13 PM

Then we have a smaller part where Theo is being *comforted* by Edwin,

Oh, dear God, no! Make up with him, Jaheira, before it's too...oh, wait, that's not what you meant... :wink:

It is a beautiful and sunny morning of late Amnish summer, but Nalia arrives in the main hall of the inn thinking rather dark and gloomy thoughts. Prospects of facing a very dangerous vampire and her numerous lackeys are not entirely attractive to her…

Yes, I can't say I'd be particularly thrilled about it, either.

Watching Keldorn struggle with his oatmeal, Nalia concludes that this must be one of the toughest fights one has to face in this life.

LOL! Oatmeal is worse than Irenicus, eh? (*ponders*) Although I can see that. I'm not a big breakfast person, so most days it's a struggle to eat anything, much less oatmeal.

“Really? Oh, dear… poor Theo, being on the receiving end of that,” Nalia shudders, “I wonder too… they seem to be such a harmonious couple. This is actually quite a surprise, considering… I mean…”

“Whatever do you mean by that, young Nalia?” Keldorn puts his fork aside and looks at her inquiringly, “Why does it come as a surprise to you?”

I thought she'd have something to say about that...

Keldorn grows pensive for a moment, before continuing calmly, “he looks at everyone who greets him with such suspicion, but I suppose I can understand him. And Lady Jaheira… it is obvious that she has been through hell, since our last meeting.”

Actually, no, that comes a bit later. :o

I really like this conversation. This is something I would imagine happens on the road--folks bitching about their fellow party members and change.

A bowl of… oatmeal.

(*cue dramatic music*)

That's fantastic comforting. Just the right thing to say. :)

LOL!

Well. I guess it was good for both of them.

Jaheira is lying in the bed with her head buried in the pillow, deep in thought and also slightly exhausted from the wrecking of furniture and tray of dishes – a half-successful attempt to vent her anger. Slowly, she rises from the pillow and brushes back the long, unbraided hair that is falling in her face, as she surveys the scene of carnage… A whole set of dishes tossed against the wall and completely ruined… a chair smashed against the large mirror at the wall, ruining both objects…

Jaheira's living like a rock star. Their checkout bill is going to be huge!

I'm glad she's remembered all the good things he's done. It's hard to stay mad when you do that.

Good chapter! :D

#13 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 05 November 2003 - 02:41 PM

Then we have a smaller part where Theo is being *comforted* by Edwin,

Oh, dear God, no! Make up with him, Jaheira, before it's too...oh, wait, that's not what you meant... :wink:

:D Actually, I had Theo and Eddie share a bed in an earlier episode. Some people sugessted that they take it... further... :wink:

It is a beautiful and sunny morning of late Amnish summer, but Nalia arrives in the main hall of the inn thinking rather dark and gloomy thoughts. Prospects of facing a very dangerous vampire and her numerous lackeys are not entirely attractive to her…

Yes, I can't say I'd be particularly thrilled about it, either.

Yeah... though, facing a bloodthirsty vampire reminds me of my everyday job... (one of these days I will stake my boss :o )

Watching Keldorn struggle with his oatmeal, Nalia concludes that this must be one of the toughest fights one has to face in this life.

LOL! Oatmeal is worse than Irenicus, eh? (*ponders*) Although I can see that. I'm not a big breakfast person, so most days it's a struggle to eat anything, much less oatmeal.

Actually, it's the same for me. At one time I really struggled to eat anything at all in the mornings, I even started to think that I have anorexia or whatever it's called.

I thought she'd have something to say about that...

Yeah, I can't help to think of Nalia as a bit nosy... she isn't reprimanding them (she shouldn't!), just... curious.

Keldorn grows pensive for a moment, before continuing calmly, “he looks at everyone who greets him with such suspicion, but I suppose I can understand him. And Lady Jaheira… it is obvious that she has been through hell, since our last meeting.”

Actually, no, that comes a bit later. :evil:

One can say that after the underdark, it will be like a return to the hell.

I really like this conversation. This is something I would imagine happens on the road--folks bitching about their fellow party members and change.

Thanks! I really like that my characters are starting to talk with me - heh, I remember when I started writing, I had trouble to get them conversing about anything else that wasn't connected with the plot. :D

A bowl of… oatmeal.

(*cue dramatic music*)

That's fantastic comforting. Just the right thing to say. :D

Oh, yes - he's a supportive guy, alright.

LOL!

Fat chance, Edwin! :P

Well. I guess it was good for both of them.

Yes, let them have some fun. 8)

Jaheira's living like a rock star. Their checkout bill is going to be huge!

Oooooh... more on that in the next chapter! :)

I'm glad she's remembered all the good things he's done. It's hard to stay mad when you do that.

Yeah... she's a reasonable woman... when she's not fuming in anger that is. And Theo has done at least *some* good things, too. :D

Good chapter! :D

Thank you! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com