Rush Of Blood To The Head, part 6.8.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 24 October 2003 - 10:21 AM

I’m not particularly satisfied with this chapter. Oh, well. The group encounters a surprise visitor in this episode… and don’t get too worried about the ending. :shock:

Rush Of Blood To The Head, part 6.8.

“Where to?” I ask, looking at my companions, “I would like to try some other inn than Mithrest… truth be told, I have grown rather bored of it.”

“I see. So the fact that it is located in the Promenade, quite close to the Circus tent, makes no difference whatsoever?” Jaheira inserts her well-aimed jab.

“Yes, you understand me perfectly – it makes no difference. Now, who has a suggestion? Keldorn, you know Athkatla well enough,” I look at the paladin.

“I would suggest the Silverale Hall in the Center district – it is close to both the Promenade and to the Graveyard. The service is of a high quality, but the prices are lower than in the Mithrest – so I have been told. Another reason for my suggestion is that the tavern is never crowded and seeing that we need many rooms to accommodate ourselves, it should be well suited for our needs,” Keldorn explains, before leading us to the huge, four-story stone building.

Without any hindrances, the lodgings are hired and soon enough we retire to our rooms, tired from the lengthy traveling. Any plans on how to tackle Bodhi and her vampires are left to devise for tomorrow…

I wake to a silent thud as if the doors of our room had been shut… my eyes remain closed for a moment or two as I vainly try to remember the dream that I just had… it had been very pleasant, for a change – that is all I can recall. Raising my head towards the source of the sound and opening my eyes, I see that Jaheira is up already, dressed in her green tunic and leggings, a cloak wrapped around her shoulders. It looks as she has already been outside and her best efforts to return to the room quietly have failed. She looks rather perplexed about something and the expression on her face does not change even as she notices my stare.

“What happened? Where were you?” I ask her quietly, as she gently props herself on the side of the bed, “Something unimportant that didn’t require my presence?”

“I didn’t have a heart to disturb your sleep, after all those nice things you did last night,” she smiles, leaning in to caress my cheek with her fingers, “besides, I thought you would not want to face Quayle…”

“You… you saw him? You went to tell him about Aerie? What… what did he say?” I ask, crawling out of the bed and starting to dress myself.

“Well… I… um, that is… not much,” Jaheira looks rather confused.

“What exactly happened? He got mad, didn’t he? No, wait… he already was raving mad,” I chuckle.

“I told him that his niece had died, but he…” Jaheira falls silent, before looking at me again, “I am unsure, but it seemed like he had already accepted her passing and was not surprised when I brought him the news. He did not say a thing, actually… just kept whistling and conversing with the circus animals. He just… ignored me. As if he had forgotten her already.”

“Well… she was quite annoying, wasn’t she?” I speak, pulling the tunic over my head, “And probably not too hard to forget either. I owe you my thanks for taking this unpleasant mission for me, I probably would have delayed it till the last moment.”

“I simply did not want to nag you into doing this, so I chose to do it myself,” she shrugs, “I expected a different reaction, but at least we have fulfilled our duty. And look at this…” she shows me a rather stuffed leather pouch, full of gold coins, “I cashed in almost ten thousands from Ribald…”

“I expected more,” I remark, “though, I trust that you did everything you could, it’s not like I am a better haggler than you are.”

“Do not be foolish, Theodur,” Jaheira snorts, “of course I did not sell the whole collection of gems, only a small part of it. Ribald would have knocked the price much lower, had I shown him the whole bag. I will sell the rest of it to other merchants, when we have time.”

“Ah… well, that makes sense. As I said, you know a lot more than I in these matters,” I smile, “my belly is growling and demanding to be filled – have you eaten yet?”

“No, I chose to wait for you,” she says, “but the others were all up and eating, downstairs… I just hope that Edwin does not overdo with his paladin mocking – Keldorn was already quite red in the face, when I returned to our room.”

“Ugh… in that case we better get going and hope that the worst has not happened,” I suggest and Jaheira quickly follows me downstairs. Our companions are sitting at the table in the corner of the main room, but Keldorn is the only one not amongst them, Jaheira and I quickly join them and soon enough a serving wench is here to take our orders for the breakfast.

“…understandably, he didn’t like it, that imbecile. Naturally, I didn’t hit him with a barrage of flame arrows and expected him to like it – though seeing him in the puddle of his own blood, now there was a sight that made this Red Wizard moderately content. Ah, those were the days…” Edwin finishes his tale and I see Nalia’s mouth gaping open in shock, while Imoen and Viconia are barely suppressing the laughter.

“Theodur, I am not sure if I like this… he is not nice at all,” Nalia complains, “not only was he telling us countless anecdotes about paladins, trying to offend Keldorn’s feelings, but now he boasts about killing a paladin…”

“Ah, that’s why Keldorn left the table,” I conclude, “Really, Edwin, what are you trying to achieve? Do not provoke him - have I made it clear? Though, I have to admit, the story about him killing a paladin is true. Actually, Jaheira and I helped him in doing this. Of course, that doesn’t mean that we are really proud of it.”

“You… you killed a paladin? Why?” Nalia is shocked.

“It happened way back in Baldur’s Gate. He attacked us without any warning, we were simply standing at a counter in one of the inns – he started screeching something about purging the land from evil and then tried to kill both Vicky and Edwin… he almost succeeded with Viconia.”

“Do not remind me,” Viconia snorts, “the champion of goodness, stabbing an unsuspecting drow in the back, how pathetic…”

“Well… I don’t know a thing about that kind of paladins… Keldorn would never do such thing, he… he saved me,” Nalia finishes, “now, excuse me, but I will go and try to find him.”

Just as Nalia leaves, the serving wench brings a couple of plates with deliciously looking pancakes with plum jelly and a pair of pitchers with fresh milk and Jaheira and I set to our task of filling our stomachs.

“Perhaps… just perhaps, you could be a bit more nicer to Keldy,” Imoen suggests, “I would like you much better, if you would at least try to…”

“Pah! Why should I care if some annoying little brat likes me better or not, you are supposed to fear me, not to like me, little simian,” Edwin retorts.

“Leave him be, Imoen,” Viconia interjects, “there is no need to shatter his foolish delusion of him being intimidating, almighty and dangerous. Theodur, have you given any thought on when are we going to strike against Bodhi and her lackeys?”

“Well, there is nothing else left to do here than sell the rest of the gems, so… I suppose as soon as we are finished here, we might as well-” however, I am rudely interrupted in the middle of sentence.

“Ah, Jaheira,” a voice behind Jaheira speaks and as I lift my eyes from the plate, I see a tall, blonde, middle-aged human male, “forgive my intrusion, but I come with an important message,” he says.

Jaheira slowly turns around to face the stranger, no doubt that she knows the man and she seems to be very surprised to see him here… a Harper, I conclude. She rises from the chair to stand before the stranger, unsure of what to do… I come over and take a place at her side, more due to my distrust towards her former kin.

“Dermin? It has been some time since we have seen each other,” Jaheira recovers her ability to speak.

“Indeed, it has been a very long time. Much has changed since then,” he glances at me and I realize the not-so-subtle hint.

“Who is this man?” I ask Jaheira quietly.

“I will explain it to you later,” she whispers back before addressing Dermin again, “what kind of news do you bring Dermin? What have the Master Harpers decided – am I to be forgiven or to be hunted for the rest of my days as a traitor?”

“Reviane spoke very convincingly, Jaheira. Proof of Galvarey’s treachery has been found – Bernard made a confession before his… untimely death. I am to tell you to carry on with your current mission without any worries of hindrance from your kin. You are welcome back amongst Those Who Harp.”

“I am glad to hear that, Dermin,” Jaheira replies, before sharing a brief hug with the man, much to my dislike, “I know we have never seen eye to eye, but I want you to know that I have always respected you and the lessons you taught me were invaluable… I am sorry that I put you in the position where your own competence as my sponsor was questioned.”

“Worry not, child, you have done me no shame at all,” Dermin’s words make me alert, “but you have ensured that I am being hunted myself and that is what I will never forgive you, Jaheira.”

“Thank y… wha-what?” Jaheira stands like thunderstruck.

“Galvarey was such a solid source of income, but of course you just had to spoil it all,” Dermin says and seeing that Jaheira has gone completely numb I push her aside, noticing that Dermin has quickly drawn a dagger hidden in his sleeve…

Unfortunately, the dagger is the last thing I see as it comes down to stab Jaheira’s chest, only to pierce mine instead…

#2 Laufey

Posted 24 October 2003 - 10:55 AM

“You… you saw him? You went to tell him about Aerie? What… what did he say?” I ask, crawling out of the bed and starting to dress myself.

“Well… I… um, that is… not much,” Jaheira looks rather confused.

“What exactly happened? He got mad, didn’t he? No, wait… he already was raving mad,” I chuckle.

“I told him that his niece had died, but he…” Jaheira falls silent, before looking at me again, “I am unsure, but it seemed like he had already accepted her passing and was not surprised when I brought him the news. He did not say a thing, actually… just kept whistling and conversing with the circus animals. He just… ignored me. As if he had forgotten her already.”

Hmmm...so, was your Quayle brainwashed by Aerie, just like mine?

“…understandably, he didn’t like it, that imbecile. Naturally, I didn’t hit him with a barrage of flame arrows and expected him to like it – though seeing him in the puddle of his own blood, now there was a sight that made this Red Wizard moderately content. Ah, those were the days…” Edwin finishes his tale and I see Nalia’s mouth gaping open in shock, while Imoen and Viconia are barely suppressing the laughter.

“Theodur, I am not sure if I like this… he is not nice at all,” Nalia complains, “not only was he telling us countless anecdotes about paladins, trying to offend Keldorn’s feelings, but now he boasts about killing a paladin…”

Awwww! How intimidating! :D

“You… you killed a paladin? Why?” Nalia is shocked.

“It happened way back in Baldur’s Gate. He attacked us without any warning, we were simply standing at a counter in one of the inns – he started screeching something about purging the land from evil and then tried to kill both Vicky and Edwin… he almost succeeded with Viconia.”

Oh yes, that idiot. As I see it, no *real* paladin could possibly act like that and still be a paladin, that's why mine was just a madman. :)

“Perhaps… just perhaps, you could be a bit more nicer to Keldy,” Imoen suggests, “I would like you much better, if you would at least try to…”

“Pah! Why should I care if some annoying little brat likes me better or not, you are supposed to fear me, not to like me, little simian,” Edwin retorts.

Yes, yes, of course, Eddie. :D

“I will explain it to you later,” she whispers back before addressing Dermin again, “what kind of news do you bring Dermin? What have the Master Harpers decided – am I to be forgiven or to be hunted for the rest of my days as a traitor?”

“Reviane spoke very convincingly, Jaheira. Proof of Galvarey’s treachery has been found – Bernard made a confession before his… untimely death. I am to tell you to carry on with your current mission without any worries of hindrance from your kin. You are welcome back amongst Those Who Harp.”

Hmmm...a change from the game plot here...

“Galvarey was such a solid source of income, but of course you just had to spoil it all,” Dermin says and seeing that Jaheira has gone completely numb I push her aside, noticing that Dermin has quickly drawn a dagger hidden in his sleeve…

Unfortunately, the dagger is the last thing I see as it comes down to stab Jaheira’s chest, only to pierce mine instead…

Yikes! :shock:
Rogues do it from behind.

#3 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 24 October 2003 - 11:15 AM

Hmmm...so, was your Quayle brainwashed by Aerie, just like mine?

Nah, nothing so sinister, I think. I imagine Quayle just being extremely forgetful about things... :P

Awwww! How intimidating! :)

Bad thing is, Keldorn might not be very understanding if Edwin keeps it up. :D

Oh yes, that idiot. As I see it, no *real* paladin could possibly act like that and still be a paladin, that's why mine was just a madman. :lol:

Yep. Of course, the group can't know that he really was a paladin, other than to take his own word for it. Maybe he was and his god was just not paying enough attention to him... :)

Yes, yes, of course, Eddie. :)

Be vewy, vewy afraid. :?

Hmmm...a change from the game plot here...

Yeah, the whole Harper plot has been rather different in my story. And it hasn't ended yet, either. :shock:

Yikes! :o

Yeah, Theo just had to play a hero. Not to worry though. :o

#4 Guest_Dark-Mage_*

Posted 24 October 2003 - 12:28 PM

Of cource Theodur wouldn't stand idol when Jaheira's life was threatend.

Good chapter, keep up the good work :shock:

#5 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 24 October 2003 - 01:21 PM

Of cource Theodur wouldn't stand idol when Jaheira's life was threatend.

In moments like these, he tends to forget that he has no chance to be resurrected... not that Jaheira has much better chances, anyways.

Good chapter, keep up the good work :shock:

Thank you! :o

#6 Guest_Bjorn_*

Posted 24 October 2003 - 07:52 PM

“Where to?” I ask, looking at my companions, “I would like to try some other inn than Mithrest… truth be told, I have grown rather bored of it.”

After tempting fate like that, Theo had better be prepared for someone at the new inn to pester him to go on some dangerous and badly paid adventure for them...

“I see. So the fact that it is located in the Promenade, quite close to the Circus tent, makes no difference whatsoever?” Jaheira inserts her well-aimed jab.

Indeed. Time for token nag: you should really go and see Quayle, Theo :shock:

“I would suggest the Silverale Hall in the Center district – it is close to both the Promenade and to the Graveyard. The service is of a high quality, but the prices are lower than in the Mithrest – so I have been told. Another reason for my suggestion is that the tavern is never crowded and seeing that we need many rooms to accommodate ourselves, it should be well suited for our needs,” Keldorn explains, before leading us to the huge, four-story stone building.

I see someone's been reading Lands of Intrigue :o . Nah, it's nice to have some non-game background to Athkatla.

“I didn’t have a heart to disturb your sleep, after all those nice things you did last night,” she smiles, leaning in to caress my cheek with her fingers, “besides, I thought you would not want to face Quayle…”

Ah, that was nice of Jaheira.

“Do not be foolish, Theodur,” Jaheira snorts, “of course I did not sell the whole collection of gems, only a small part of it. Ribald would have knocked the price much lower, had I shown him the whole bag. I will sell the rest of it to other merchants, when we have time.”

She's got good business sense :P .

LOL! Aw, let Eddie have his fun - he doesn't have a whole lot to be happy about these days.

Jaheira slowly turns around to face the stranger, no doubt that she knows the man and she seems to be very surprised to see him here… a Harper, I conclude. She rises from the chair to stand before the stranger, unsure of what to do… I come over and take a place at her side, more due to my distrust towards her former kin.

Ooh dear. I was wondering if there were going to be any repercussions from the whole Harper stuff.

Eep! But very sweet of Theo to get in the way, and hopefully Jaheira will be able to heal him...

Nice chapter :) . I liked the slight twist on the Harper stuff - lulling us into a sense of false security made the ending more of a shock.

#7 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 24 October 2003 - 08:08 PM

After tempting fate like that, Theo had better be prepared for someone at the new inn to pester him to go on some dangerous and badly paid adventure for them...

Such is always the case, isn't it? :)

Indeed. Time for token nag: you should really go and see Quayle, Theo :o

Theo: Yeah, yeah... first thing next morning, I promise. :lol:

I see someone's been reading Lands of Intrigue :P . Nah, it's nice to have some non-game background to Athkatla.

Yeah, I suppose so... though, I really didn't choose a good way to present this new background... ah, well - it really does help though now that the group is travelling from Suldanessellar to Baldur's Gate. :D

Ah, that was nice of Jaheira.

Being nice to her pays off. :P

She's got good business sense :o .

Well, I think so... :)

LOL! Aw, let Eddie have his fun - he doesn't have a whole lot to be happy about these days.

Tell it to Keldorn, though. :D

Ooh dear. I was wondering if there were going to be any repercussions from the whole Harper stuff.

Hmm... we all knew that Dermin is still out there...

Eep! But very sweet of Theo to get in the way, and hopefully Jaheira will be able to heal him...

Oh, yes... and then will come the time for scolding. :shock:

Nice chapter :) . I liked the slight twist on the Harper stuff - lulling us into a sense of false security made the ending more of a shock.

Thanks. :? Harpers are not quite done with, yet... but the fact that Dermin stabbed Theo will be important when Jaheira will have to face the all important question.

#8 Guest_Winter_Bloom_*

Posted 24 October 2003 - 09:53 PM

How about Motel 6? :o

Without any hindrances, the lodgings are hired and soon enough we retire to our rooms, tired from the lengthy traveling. Any plans on how to tackle Bodhi and her vampires are left to devise for tomorrow…

Bah, just call in Buffy and she'll take care of 'em all while you have a nice dinner. :shock:

Nice things? Whoo-hoo! :P

Good idea.

Heh, heh, he's so cute when he's boasting.

Just as Nalia leaves, the serving wench brings a couple of plates with deliciously looking pancakes with plum jelly and a pair of pitchers with fresh milk and Jaheira and I set to our task of filling our stomachs.

Mmm, pancakes.

“Ah, Jaheira,” a voice behind Jaheira speaks and as I lift my eyes from the plate, I see a tall, blonde, middle-aged human male, “forgive my intrusion, but I come with an important message,” he says.

Would you like to own your very own home? Just follow the link to annoyingmortgagespam.com and be well on your way to owning your dream home!

Or is he selling something else? :)

Oh, so Jaheira is a Harpy again? :lol: *runs*

Ouch.

#9 Guest_Yazston_*

Posted 24 October 2003 - 11:07 PM

I’m not particularly satisfied with this chapter. Oh, well.

Why? I though it was a great one! (Especially the.. well, you know! :P )

Hmph! It isn't like we all grieve, because she's gone.

“Another reason for my suggestion is that the tavern is never crowded and seeing that we need many rooms to accommodate ourselves,”

*Sigh* They should be adults... :)

it had been very pleasant, for a change – that is all I can recall.

Something about Jaheira? :D

Raising my head towards the source of the sound and opening my eyes, I see that Jaheira is up already, dressed in her green tunic and leggings, a cloak wrapped around her shoulders.

Hmmm... What has she been doing? :)

“What happened? Where were you?” I ask her quietly, as she gently props herself on the side of the bed, “Something unimportant that didn’t require my presence?”

lol You remind me a bit of someone... erm... what was his name? E.. E.. E.. Edwin? Yess! Edwin! ;)

lol And why is that? :lol:

"Blaah.. blaah.. squeak! Yada, yada, yada.. My wings! Yada, yada, yada... Why is everyone so evil?!"

“I owe you my thanks for taking this unpleasant mission for me, I probably would have delayed it till the last moment.”

Ahum! There is another thing that you are delaying till the last moment... :) Theodur... tell her.

“I cashed in almost ten thousands from Ribald…”

Yay! We're rich! :D

“Ah… well, that makes sense. As I said, you know a lot more than I in these matters,” I smile, “my belly is growling and demanding to be filled – have you eaten yet?”

Awwww... "My belly"! ;) Theodur is a really, really nice person. :o I like him.

“Do not remind me,” Viconia snorts, “the champion of goodness, stabbing an unsuspecting drow in the back, how pathetic…”

Hmph! Unfair!

Edwin... No one is afraid of you... :shock:

Who is he? :?

“I am glad to hear that, Dermin,” Jaheira replies, before sharing a brief hug with the man, much to my dislike,

Awwww... Worry not, Theo!

“Worry not, child, you have done me no shame at all,” Dermin’s words make me alert, “but you have ensured that I am being hunted myself and that is what I will never forgive you, Jaheira.”

Whaaaatt? :o

Well, you told me not to get too upset by the ending..

Another Great Episode! :P

#10 Guest_IronDragon_*

Posted 25 October 2003 - 04:58 AM

[quote] I’m not particularly satisfied with this chapter. Oh, well. The group encounters a surprise visitor in this episode… and don’t get too worried about the ending. [/quote] you are never satisfied with your writing, everyone else is more than satisfied however. Of course I am now worried about the ending.
[quote] “I would suggest the Silverale Hall in the Center district – it is close to both the Promenade and to the Graveyard. The service is of a high quality, but the prices are lower than in the Mithrest – so I have been told. Another reason for my suggestion is that the tavern is never crowded and seeing that we need many rooms to accommodate ourselves, it should be well suited for our needs,” Keldorn explains, before leading us to the huge, four-story stone building. [/quteo] I enjoy your geographical additions to Amn and Athkatla. It makes the city seem so much larger and more realistic than it does in the game.

[quote] “I didn’t have a heart to disturb your sleep, after all those nice things you did last night,” she smiles, leaning in to caress my cheek with her fingers, “besides, I thought you would not want to face Quayle…” [/quote] bad news it may be but still it needs to be delivered.

[quote] “I told him that his niece had died, but he…” Jaheira falls silent, before looking at me again, “I am unsure, but it seemed like he had already accepted her passing and was not surprised when I brought him the news. He did not say a thing, actually… just kept whistling and conversing with the circus animals. He just… ignored me. As if he had forgotten her already.” [/quote] I am wondering how much of their relationship was a projection of Aerie. Quayle seemed a little unconcerned with his niece and quasi helpless niece wandering off with a party of adventures. That never said much for her place in the circus.

[quote] “I simply did not want to nag you into doing this, so I chose to do it myself,” she shrugs, “I expected a different reaction, but at least we have fulfilled our duty. And look at this…” she shows me a rather stuffed leather pouch, full of gold coins, “I cashed in almost ten thousands from Ribald…” [/quote] that is one big bag of coins. A quick calculation (figuring that a gold coin is about the size and weight of a U.S quarter means that bag weighs about 57 pounds or 26 kilos. Obviously merchants are very strong people. i will have to figure out just hwo tehy manage this.

[quote] “No, I chose to wait for you,” she says, “but the others were all up and eating, downstairs… I just hope that Edwin does not overdo with his paladin mocking – Keldorn was already quite red in the face, when I returned to our room.” [/quote] Edwin should watch it. Two handed swords have many uses.

[quote] “Theodur, I am not sure if I like this… he is not nice at all,” Nalia complains, “not only was he telling us countless anecdotes about paladins, trying to offend Keldorn’s feelings, but now he boasts about killing a paladin…” [/quote] I’m sure he’s just jealous.

[quote] “Galvarey was such a solid source of income, but of course you just had to spoil it all,” Dermin says and seeing that Jaheira has gone completely numb I push her aside, noticing that Dermin has quickly drawn a dagger hidden in his sleeve…

Unfortunately, the dagger is the last thing I see as it comes down to stab Jaheira’s chest, only to pierce mine instead…[/quote] Nope. Nothing to worry about here.

#11 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 25 October 2003 - 07:03 AM

How about Motel 6? ;)

Sigh... ;)

Bah, just call in Buffy and she'll take care of 'em all while you have a nice dinner. :cry:

Another sigh... oh, they won't need Buffy, really... :shock:

Nice things? Whoo-hoo! :)

The lack of details kinda gets the imagination to work overtime. :shock:

Good idea.

It's Jaheira talking. :?

Heh, heh, he's so cute when he's boasting.

Yeah... if only everyone would understand that... ;)

Mmm, pancakes.

Oh, yes. They're a big hit with me. ;)

Would you like to own your very own home? Just follow the link to annoyingmortgagespam.com and be well on your way to owning your dream home!

Or is he selling something else? :?

Aaaaargh! :?

Something else, of course. ;)

Oh, so Jaheira is a Harpy again? :? *runs*

For about ten seconds, anyways... ;)

Ouch.

I would imagine that's how it feels. ;)

#12 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 25 October 2003 - 07:15 AM

I’m not particularly satisfied with this chapter. Oh, well.

Why? I though it was a great one! (Especially the.. well, you know! ;) )

Oh, yeah... I think I know. :?

Hmph! It isn't like we all grieve, because she's gone.

Exactly! :( It's not like Jaheira grieves either, she just has more clearly defined sense of 'duty'.

“Another reason for my suggestion is that the tavern is never crowded and seeing that we need many rooms to accommodate ourselves,”

*Sigh* They should be adults... ;)

;)

it had been very pleasant, for a change – that is all I can recall.

Something about Jaheira? :(

I would not be surprised at all. He didn't tell me, though. :shock:

Raising my head towards the source of the sound and opening my eyes, I see that Jaheira is up already, dressed in her green tunic and leggings, a cloak wrapped around her shoulders.

Hmmm... What has she been doing? :)

Ah, just fulfilling her duty.

lol You remind me a bit of someone... erm... what was his name? E.. E.. E.. Edwin? Yess! Edwin! :D

Well, they influence each other, traveling around for so long. Eddie might not be the best influence, but...

lol And why is that? ;)

"Blaah.. blaah.. squeak! Yada, yada, yada.. My wings! Yada, yada, yada... Why is everyone so evil?!"

Well, it seems that you understand the point. ;)

“I owe you my thanks for taking this unpleasant mission for me, I probably would have delayed it till the last moment.”

Ahum! There is another thing that you are delaying till the last moment... :? Theodur... tell her.

Theo: *yawn* Err... look, I just woke up... how about after the breakfast, ey?

“I cashed in almost ten thousands from Ribald…”

Yay! We're rich! :D

Yes, usually the party is already quite rich at this stage. :?

Awwww... "My belly"! :D Theodur is a really, really nice person. ;) I like him.

Hehe... he's usually quite good-tempered... unless someone threatens him or even worse - Jaheira.

Hmph! Unfair!

That's pretty much how it happened to me in BG1. The party went to an inn at night and rested, when they woke up, that Pandalyn or what's his name, descended upon them and almost killed Viconia. I doubt he was or if he would stay a paladin for long, though.

Edwin... No one is afraid of you... :shock:

Aww, we'll let him think otherwise, yes?

Who is he? :?

Dermin the Vermin!

“I am glad to hear that, Dermin,” Jaheira replies, before sharing a brief hug with the man, much to my dislike,

Awwww... Worry not, Theo!

So you would think!

Whaaaatt? :cry:

Baaad plot twist comin' up!

Well, you told me not to get too upset by the ending..

No reason to... I've been saying that I have a huge backlog of unposted episodes... I couldn't have written 35 chapters in advance if Theo was dead, really. ;)

Another Great Episode! :D

Thank you very much! :D

#13 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 25 October 2003 - 07:30 AM

I’m not particularly satisfied with this chapter. Oh, well. The group encounters a surprise visitor in this episode… and don’t get too worried about the ending.

you are never satisfied with your writing, everyone else is more than satisfied however. Of course I am now worried about the ending.

:shock: Well, I can't really let him die here, though, can I?

I enjoy your geographical additions to Amn and Athkatla. It makes the city seem so much larger and more realistic than it does in the game.

Yes, it should feel larger... it is late summer there and according to the lorebook, the population of Athkatla can reach 400,000 souls in this time of year... I didn't get that impression from the game, of course. :shock:

bad news it may be but still it needs to be delivered.

Quite so.

I am wondering how much of their relationship was a projection of Aerie. Quayle seemed a little unconcerned with his niece and quasi helpless niece wandering off with a party of adventures. That never said much for her place in the circus.

Tell you what, I don't see Bg1 Quayle taking care of anyone, or even noticing a wingless avariel. Suddenly he gets all compassionate and rescues her... and after that? He supposedly taught her magic and the tenets of faith, but why the hell her trauma was totally undealt with???

Besides, Quayle in this story, really wanted to get rid of her when Theo visited the circus for the first time. When he noticed she was missing from Theo's group, he just put on the concerned-uncle act, just so that someone didn't think badly of him.

“I simply did not want to nag you into doing this, so I chose to do it myself,” she shrugs, “I expected a different reaction, but at least we have fulfilled our duty. And look at this…” she shows me a rather stuffed leather pouch, full of gold coins, “I cashed in almost ten thousands from Ribald…”

that is one big bag of coins. A quick calculation (figuring that a gold coin is about the size and weight of a U.S quarter means that bag weighs about 57 pounds or 26 kilos. Obviously merchants are very strong people. i will have to figure out just hwo tehy manage this.

Hehe... well, there are many kind of valid currencies in Amn, fandars, danters, roldons to name a few - and they all have different values. So it's not necessary that Jae is carrying exactly 10,000 coins in her pouch... :cry: I just did not elaborate her because I thought it might be confusing and left in the game-terms.

“No, I chose to wait for you,” she says, “but the others were all up and eating, downstairs… I just hope that Edwin does not overdo with his paladin mocking – Keldorn was already quite red in the face, when I returned to our room.”

Edwin should watch it. Two handed swords have many uses.

Oh, yeah. I think I will have to collect bets on how long it will take Eddie to break Keldorn's patience.

I’m sure he’s just jealous.

Hmm, you never know... ;)

Nope. Nothing to worry about here.

As I said... ;)

#14 Guest_Chantrys_*

Posted 25 October 2003 - 09:22 PM

The group encounters a surprise visitor in this episode… and don’t get too worried about the ending. :)

Why, oh, why, do you say things like that? Now I'm triply worried! :)

(*snort*)

“I expected more,” I remark, “though, I trust that you did everything you could, it’s not like I am a better haggler than you are.”

There, Jaheira is a better haggler. It's now conclusively proven. :)

“Ah, that’s why Keldorn left the table,” I conclude, “Really, Edwin, what are you trying to achieve? Do not provoke him - have I made it clear? Though, I have to admit, the story about him killing a paladin is true. Actually, Jaheira and I helped him in doing this. Of course, that doesn’t mean that we are really proud of it.”

:)

Oh! Oh, yeah, that guy.

(*sigh*) Now I'm hungry for pancakes.

And Nalia would like you better...and Theo could spend his energy on romancing Jaheira rather than finding separate rooms for folks and putting out intra-party fights...

Eeek! Yes, I know you're not about to kill him, but...but...eeek!!! :P

#15 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 25 October 2003 - 09:42 PM

The group encounters a surprise visitor in this episode… and don’t get too worried about the ending. :)

Why, oh, why, do you say things like that? Now I'm triply worried! :)

Would I lie to you? :)

(*snort*)

Sigh. Jaheira has a very good memory and an exaggarated sense of duty.

There, Jaheira is a better haggler. It's now conclusively proven. :P

Yep. Made sense to me, too. :P

:(

Oh! Oh, yeah, that guy.

As was pointed out - a true paladin could not act that way and still remain one. In any case, the world is certainly a better place without him - he was a raving fanatic.

(*sigh*) Now I'm hungry for pancakes.

Think I'm going to have some for breakfast tomorrow. :)

And Nalia would like you better...and Theo could spend his energy on romancing Jaheira rather than finding separate rooms for folks and putting out intra-party fights...

Exactly... but Edwin has his own definition on what is *fun*... :)

Eeek! Yes, I know you're not about to kill him, but...but...eeek!!! :D

Yes, I know... I'll post the next one tomorrow, worry not. :x

#16 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 28 October 2003 - 02:53 PM

“Well… she was quite annoying, wasn’t she?” I speak, pulling the tunic over my head, “And probably not too hard to forget either. I owe you my thanks for taking this unpleasant mission for me, I probably would have delayed it till the last moment.”

For some reason this made me laugh aloud.

Can't blame him :cry: You write a very entertaining Edwin and Viconia, BTW - both are nastier than Laufey's/Weyoun's but still likeable.

Eddie is his charming self again :cry:

So that he wouldn't skewer you with Hallowed Redeemer? :lol:

Eeeek!

#17 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 28 October 2003 - 03:19 PM

For some reason this made me laugh aloud.

For some reason I anticipated that kind of reaction. :cry:

Can't blame him :cry: You write a very entertaining Edwin and Viconia, BTW - both are nastier than Laufey's/Weyoun's but still likeable.

Heh, thanks. Still... I hesitate to call them Eeeevil. But then again, I hesitate to call someone in this group (apart from Keldorn) Good. Let's just say that those are terms I choose not to operate with.

Eddie is his charming self again :?

When is he not? :x

So that he wouldn't skewer you with Hallowed Redeemer? :cry:

I am sure that Edwin would simply scorn at such ridiculous notion. :cry:

Eeeek!

Now, now, I hope that wasn't Aerie's voice I just heard! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com