LoRtR Chapter 1:2 Part 2

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CHuK'chSS'raGKH_*

Posted 20 October 2003 - 03:57 AM

Hey, guys. I hope you enjoy this next segment. Well, that's it. Goodnight, all! :twisted:

"I don't understand what happened!" the half elven ranger screamed. "I just don't understand!"

Kellrill Silverylight sat down and put her face in her hands, trying to fight her frustration.

Robert sat next to her. "Mistakes happen. It was not your fault..."

"I'm the leader of this group, everything that happens to it is my fault. Not to mention her godmother...!"

"There's a leader?" Robert asked, trying to make Kelli a bit happier, but found it irrelevant. She didn't even flinch. "Relsi will be just fine, I'm sure. We will find her, I promise."

"That's what I try to tell myself," Kelli said. "But I...we may lose her forever..."

"Being a godmother is hard, I guess. Especially if you're the closest thing she has right now for a parent."

"Esh toah destoh! doy par koyest," Kelli mumbled. "Ohl manah hastar deh..."

Robert tried to comprehend what she had said. "Oh goddess...Damn...the...food?" Robert guessed. "He...couldn't understand?" Robert blinked. "First of all: I know I eat a lot, but I do not think myself as food. Second of all, what do you mean I don't understand?"

Kelli raised her eyebrow and chuckled. "I didn't know you understood Elven...And I did not say damn the food. Damn the fool."

"I learned from Hargoth, in terms of Elven. And as for fool, you're talking about Relsi, right?" Robert gave a humorous smile, trying to gain Kelli's enthusiasm.

She laughed. "You are the fool, and you are even more foolish then I thought if you could not understand that I was talking about you."

"We will get Relsi back," Robert said, assuringly. "I promise." Robert put his hand over Kelli's, showing that he did care for Kelli's concern.

Kelli's smile fell and nodded.

"Have confidence, my friend," Robert continued. "We will get her back."

I also had confidence that I would kill Farthain Remas, she thought to herself. And yet, he still lives...

"I already told your superior," Jahdar Coldar said. "You will not get the weapons until I know you have the money to pay for them."

Relsi Trenth nodded. She was surprised at how much power Reldon Taleon let a captive, like herself, have. "I understand," Relsi said. "My superiors will pay you three times the amount we promised you. One third will be given up front. But you must give about half as much more."

Coldar was surprised at the offer. "I am surprised at this. Give us the first payment, and we will give you the amount of weapons we promised. Give us second payment and we will give you the rest of the weapons. Then give us the third pay or we will make sure your business dies from the lack of customers."

Relsi smiled and nodded. "It is a deal."

Aldain Hazar looked grimly. "And what about the shipment Taleon still owes me?"

"The shipment?" Relsi asked.

"The...black spice, I think. Yes."

"I...it will be give to you," Relsi assured. "We will give you twice the amount that you were promised."

Hazar became wide-eyed at this offer. "Do tell Taleon that he is starting to make a lot of risks in the business. He will lose money."

"Of course," Relsi smiled.

"Come on!" Kelli yelled. "You gotta tell me where she is!"

"I will not intervene with your missions," Anyndir said. "She is your responsibility, and yours alone."

"You are such an annoying ass, sometimes! You know that?"

"I can be. But I will not interfere with your missions and quests. It is not my place to do so."

Kelli sighed, and turned to Elring. The elf answered Kelli's silent question. "I cannot say," Elring said. "And it is not because I do not want to help. I simply do not know where Relsi is. Perhaps this...Reldon is it? Perhaps in finding him, you can also find Relsi."

"A good idea," Kelli admitted. "The problem is finding him. I already came up with that idea, but I have nowhere to start."

"Perhaps you should talk to whomever asked you to attend that meeting."

"Thank you," Kelli said. She soon glared at Anyndir. "At least someone tried to help me..."

"Yes, my good friend," Kellrill Silverylight said. "I will be her godmother and friend for as long as the gods allow."

Hargoth Trenth, father of Relsi Trenth, began hugging Kelli. "My friend," he said. "Thank you."

"I feel I owe it to you," Kelli replied. "When...she died, you were there to bring me back. You brought me back with the lessons you learned. The ones that you trained me with. I feel I am in your debt."

"If anything I should be in your debt," Hargoth argued. "You saved my life years before."

"And you saved my sanity."

Hargoth gave Kelli a sarcastic look. "You have sanity?"

The two of them laughed.

"We are a team, you and I," Hargoth said. "I actually feel the sense of death approaching...and...yet a sense of life. I have a feeling that there will be others joining our team. Some after my death, I think."

"Hargoth. Stop it. I know you're kidding and all, but you're really freaking me out."

Hargoth turned grim. "The thing is...I'm not kidding..."

"Kelli?" a voice rang.

"Tell...tell me more about these...others..." Kelli insisted.

"Kelli," the voice rang again, only in a musical tone.

"It is hard to say. There will be others, I do know that much. Many more, even those after my death..."

"Stop it, Hargoth. You are just imagining things." And yet, his imaginations came true...

"Kelli!"

Kelli opened her eyes finding her back in pain. She was looking at the ceiling and lying on the floor of the lodge...well, sitting on a chair that had it's back on the floor. Kelli was about to curse at her clumsiness...until she heard Robert Chu.

"Oops," he said.

"I told you to tap her shoulder," Geric said.

"But no," Eril added, holding his cup tightly after Jak nearly spilled it. "You had to yell."

"Er..."

"You alright?" young Jak asked Kelli.

"I'm be alright," Kelli assured, glaring at Robert. She got up and rubbed the dust from her clothing. "What were we talking about before I dozed off?"

"We were discussing tactics to rescue Relsi," Robert informed. "Well, the last thing we were discussing was how shortly you fell back asleep after just getting up."

"We are starting to get worried," Eril said. "You have been pushing yourself too hard. I'm surprised you are in as good a mood as you are. I would probably have tried to take someone's head off, already just from the lack of sleep." Kelli yawned right after.

Robert sighed. "Kelli. You need rest. Just go back to your room, sleep and the three of us will discuss tactics and inform you later."

"You think so?" Kelli asked.

"Well, the fully conscious Kellrill Silverylight would have already argued," Robert remarked. "Yes. I do think that you need rest. Now go. Before I have to drag you in there."

"Aye aye, captain," Kelli said, dazed. She walked towards her bedroom.

Eril waited until Kelli left the room. "Captain? This is not a ship, is it? And you are not in charge, right?"

Robert shrugged. "Perhaps we are lying down below?"

Eril gave Robert a questioning look. "What?"

"What?" Jak repeated.

"Oh the ocean waves may blow, and the stormy-"

"Ah, damn!" Eril complained. "Not that!"

"Please, Robert," Jak began, "I have already been mentally tortured."

Geric kept his stoic gesture...while his hand dropped to the hilt of his sword. "I do not think Kellrill will be the only one in bed, soon if this song continues."

"Why you say that?" Robert asked. "Getting a headache?"

"No, but I'm sure someone will eventually..."

She tried to move the hand away from her neck. Although it wasn't tight enough to choke her, Relsi did not like having her neck in an uncomfortable position.

"You did what?!" Reldon roared.

"I negotiated," Relsi said, forcing a mocking smile on her face.

"How is it negotiating when you are practically giving shipments away?!"

"It is a negotiation for you," Relsi replied. "By making me work for you, you are losing profit. By releasing me, you have control over your business."

"I have control over everything, foolish girl!"

"Yes, but those who have business with you will think you will cancel every deal you...sorry...I make with them. They may turn to another to get their supplies."

"If I release you, you will no doubtably tell the Amnian government, informing them of this as well as the...special products I sell."

"I'm sure the Amnian government would just love to hear that you are dealing with these illegal substances! I just hope they find a good enough sentencing for scum like you..."

Her back slammed into the wall once more. Reldon drew a sword and its tip moved right underneath Relsi's chin. She closed her eyes and didn't dared to move...didn't dare to breath.

"As much as I would like to kill you right now," Reldon said. "But you are more valuable to me alive."

He slowly sheathed the sword back into its scabbard. He looked into Relsi's eyes once more before releasing her neck and walking away.

The sorceress stood in her position for a few seconds, then slowly sank to the ground. Her could no longer hold the weight of her tears and began to cry.

She awoken the next morning with groggy eyes, but less so then when she was when she was awake yesterday. She began her daily routine, then went to Jak to get a drink. She walked outside and headed towards the lake where she, as well as everyone who lived in the lodge, would wash themselves. As Hargoth used to say, there is no use in hiding if your opponents could smell where you are.

Suddenly, she heard a battle cry that grew louder, signifying that she was being attacked. She faced her attacker and reached for her sword...well, where her sword would have been had she remembered it. Having no other weapons, she pulled out two old throwing daggers. By the time she was ready to fight, her attacker was already upon her baring a katana and longsword.

He wore ornate chain mail, and a smirk on his face. The top of his head was covered with obsidian hair and a mustache under his nose.

Kelli had already found her tactic. It came so quickly, as if her plan was instinctive. Her opponent began his swing and Kelli quickly rolled to the side and charged at him. The attacker tried to make several swings before Kelli got too close, but it ended in failure when Kelli was able to dodge all of them. The battle only lasted a few seconds as her dagger flew upwards towards his neck.

Kelli watched as the attacker's blades fall to the ground. His face light up with laughter. Kelli sheathed her daggers, both without a taint of fresh human blood.

The attacker smiled. "She is truly away!" Robert erupted. "Kellrill Silverylight is alive, once more!"

From a distance, she could see Eril walking towards them, and she could feel Geric's shadowy aura behind her.

"To Athkatla, Kellrill Silverylight?" Robert inquired. "To find out where this Reldon lives?"

Kelli smiled whistled to Jak to get the horses. She looked at her party. "If you guys are up to it."

Nothing, Relsi thought to herself as she carefully tried to brake off the bracelet restraining her innate powers. She sighed.

Yet there was a new spark of hope, as a rock flew into the window. It shocked her at first until she saw the ink on the rock.

'Do not worry. We are coming. I got a plan. Do nothing.

Kelli'

'Actually, you should worry a lot,
considering we are outnumbered twenty to one.

Rob'

She half smiled that there's going to be a rescue attempt.

"...Only a hundred," Robert commented. "A hundred guards with over a dozen more as back up."

"Don't worry, be happy," Kelli smiled.

"Happy...yes," Robert began. "I'm as happy as I'll ever be in such moments..."

"Which is not saying much," Geric said.

"How do we know the plan will work?" Eril asked.

"If we do not come out alive, the plan failed," Geric said.

"Which will lead to plan B," Kelli added. "Eril. If we fail..."

"Yes, yes. I know..." Eril sighed, desperate for some action.

Robert and Kelli snuck past another group of guards. After Robert was sure that there was no longer anybody around that was dangerous, Robert began to think. "I don't mean to be self-interested, especially right now, but I'm wondering - did Hargoth say anything about me? Anything special?"

"If I say no -?"

"I don't believe you."

"Gee..."

"Why else would he pick up and train some punk like me?"

"For one thing, he would never consider you a punk. Minding your own affairs instead of wasting your time trying to get money off of some old defenseless woman. He believes you are martially skilled, and that you are bounded to honor and ethics."

"Something else...you know it."

"No. I'm serious, that's pretty much what he said."

"I know there's something else, and I'll find out what it is."

"Okay." Robert was right. There was something else that Hargoth told Kelli - but no time to think about it. They have been spotted. "I got right."

"Right."

"Checkmate," Relsi said, bored of beating Reldon three out of three. Reldon looked over the board.

"I have played chess hundreds of times," he began, "and no one has ever beaten me before..."

"Perhaps you need smarter opponents," Relsi said. "Someone who can match your intelligence...which is no difficult feat." Reldon growled. "An ogre is smarter then you..."

"Do not push it," Reldon warned.

"I'm just stating facts."

Reldon slammed his fist against the table. "I have had enough of you. I should kill you right now, but my associate wants you alive."

"Tell me about this associate," Relsi requested. "I am having no fun at all playing chess against you."

"You want me to tell you about my associate?" Reldon laughed. "I am no idiot!"

Relsi was about to argue, but knew if she said anymore about his intelligence, what little there was, he may kill her. She looked down.

"Stay down!" Relsi heard. "Less I release my arrow to your...well, you get the idea."

Relsi looked up to find Kelli pointing an arrow at a certain area between Reldon's legs. Robert was standing next to her and Eril and Geric were out of sight.

"What?! How did you get in here?!" Reldon demanded.

Relsi finally saw Geric, as her arm was being taken and a dagger at the bracelet. Geric was able to cut it loose with his magical dagger and he sheathed it back into it's proper place on his belt.

"I should be the one asking questions, Reldon," Kelli smiled.

"I will tell you nothing...!" Reldon stopped speaking to find an arrow underneath the center of his legs.

"You know where the next one is going," Kelli said with another arrow quickly notched onto the bowstring. "Who is this colleague?"

"It...shouldn't be a problem. I think my loyalties can be turned quite quickly...His name -" Reldon fell short of words as a crossbow bolt pieced through his neck and he fell down dead. The rangers were quick to react pointing their weapons to the source of bolt. Relsi, in the meantime, only kneeled for her powers still needed to build up enough to cast a spell.

Kelli was the first to fire her arrow at the dark figure. It jumped from the ledge of a window down over three floors below. The Kelli and Robert ran to the window, trying to catch or track the mysterious figure, but there was no trace of him.

"Damn it!" Robert yelled.

After searching through Reldon's drawers, they found notes and maps leading to the Sea of Swords to an island not found on any regular map. It explains that this island has a magically shield that hides them from the rest of the world.

After hearing a long talk from Kelli and Robert, Relsi explains that she found an original painting for an unreasonably low price and that the painting that she gave away was only a copy. As for the dagger collection, they were copies too. The originals, which Relsi bought for an unreasonably low price, were magically enchanted unlike their faux copies. Kelli and Robert suddenly found themselves forgiving Relsi, surprisingly, but explains that she should ask permission to sell their stuff before actually doing so. The only one to worry about getting their belongings sold was Robert, now, since Relsi didn't listen to him anyway. The party was off again, to the docks of Athkatla.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com