About Blood 22

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 17 October 2003 - 11:30 PM

Yep, pretty quick. But now that I'm getting somwhere I'm gonna get what I can get while it lasts. Besides, I WANTED to write this chapter for a long time. However, it IS a very important chapter in the story, so it has to be good, so feel free to be EXTRA-critical on it.

Feldeposts Inn was rather full. It was past midnight, but many people of the town still came to talk about the string of murders the city had suffered only days ago. Many connected it with the appearance of the mad cleric Basilus somewhere out of the city. When the door opened, all eyes checked the door, as if they expected the infamous party led by the black-haired thug to enter any moment now. Instead a soaking wet wizard entered.

“This weather really pisses me off. Feldepost, coulds I have a hot wine? I sodding needs it.”

“Of course master Tranzig.” The innkeeper said friendly. “It’s a good thing you weren’t here these last days sir. How was business?”

“With all these bandits raids, all business is friggen’ poor. But I thinks I’ll get by. But what happened?” The innkeeper handed Tranzig the wine.

“A band of thugs went through town two nights ago. They killed a couple of boys on the street, a dwarf in the Red Sheaf, a bard, three of my employees and the tallest one killed Marl right here in the bar! Wretched long-haired scum he was.”

Tranzig seemed picked when he heard about the hair. “Hey, anyone know the murderous tyke’s name?” He put the goblet at his lips.

“Oh yes, only his as a matter of fact. Talek Gorionson.”

Tranzig suddenly started coughing, putting his wine down as he resumed breathing. “Talek Gorionson? He been here? Where dids he go to?”

“Nobody knows master Tranzig. They’ve beaten up an old paladin and nobody has seen them since. They say that one of them is a wizard. They could be in Thay now for all we know.” He slapped his forehead. “My ageing memory, I almost forgot.” He took a small piece of parchment. “This arrived for you not too long ago. Came from the south.” The innkeeper frowned. “You’re not doing business with the Amnish are you? Those shifty coin-grabbing bastards can’t be trusted as far as you can throw them. They’re behind the iron crisis mark my words.”

Tranzig took the message. “If you asks me, it’s the bleeding Zhentarim. I tells ya, what we needs is someone to clean house and....” His face paled as he read the message. “...scuse me, Feldepost. I’ve gotta run. You takes the wine, it’s on me.”

Without another word Tranzig left and ran through the wet, nightly streets. There were many Flaming Fists walking around, to make the citizens of the town feel more secure, so Tranzig didn't have to worry about muggers. He quickly entered the Red Sheaf. The innkeeper there was less friendly then Feldepost, but after a gold piece from the mage, pointed at a table in the corner. At it sat a man dressed in expensive clothing that looked like it had seen better days. He was holding a knife in his hand and looking at it while speaking quietly to himself now and then. It sounded as if he was reciting poetry.

“Nimbul, there you are. I’s got a job fer you.” Tranzig took the other chair at the table.”

“Another one to guide to the shadows for this harbinger of oblivion? Who will fall victim to me this time?”

“I ain’t sure they’ll be still alive when you arrive, but better safe then sorry. One of our girls down in Nashkel spotted Talek Gorionson, long black hair, rather muscled, and the higher ups really want him gone. Especially since we’ve got that fat idiot Mulahey working there. He’s travelin’ with a halfling, two half elves, one of them a druid, a young human girl and a necromancer. So I want you to go down there, like yesterday, and kill them if they’re still alive. Especially the long-haired one.”

“He’s one of those that fall into dust when the dark hawk that I am pounces him?”

“Just like that. Anyway.” Tranzig grabbed a piece of parchment and wrote on it. “Here’s a written assignment. Now get moving.”

“Let Beregrost sleep easier, for this night, the black messenger leaves for Nashkel, and his letter spells the end for the receiver.”

“Just go. I’ll be going to our friends out in the woods. If I comes back and he’s dead, you’ll get your gold.” With those words, Tranzig got up and left.

At the same time, kilometres to the south, and far underground, in a small cave on a peninsula in the middle of a large underground lake.

“What? You dare come here telling me you haven’t found him? Unworthy mongrels!” The fat half-orc Mulahey threw his gilded goblet at one of the cowering kobolds before him. “These caves aren’t that big. Search and find them. Forget the poisoning, just get...”

He was interrupted by the sound of another kobold entering the cave, yipping loudly. Just as it entered, an arrow caught up with it and ended it’s life with a squeal. As the half-orc rose from his chair and grabbed his large club, 6 people entered his hideout, their arrival accentuated by the thuds of the tallest one’s metal boots. Talek’s eyes immediately went to the leader of the kobolds.

“So, we find you at last you fat piece of gibberlingcrap.” The sword in his hand was still dripping fresh blood on the floor. The kobolds growled and prepared their weapons, but Mulahey signed them to wait.

“Tazok sent you didn’t he? Why does he want to kill me? I do my job! All the iron gets tainted. I won’t lose my head for this!” The creature looked frightened out of his wits. He gave the impression that he had been worrying for some time now.

Jaheira and Montaron’s eyes both lit up as they both prepared a reply, but Talek hadn’t stopped to think and was faster.

“I don’t know any Tazok, slimeball! Now tell me, who killed Gorion?” Talek snarled as he pointed his sword at Mulahey. There was a sigh from the two others as they prepared their weapons.

“Gorion? Who is... but you’re not from Tazok? Then attack minions. Kill them all!”

The kobolds yipped and attacked. At the same time a small group of skeletons that had been standing motionless in some crevices shambled out and raised rusty weapons to strike at them. Mulahey raised his left hand praying gestures and started to chant.

Jaheira blocked a strike from a skeleton and cracked his skull with a follow up strike. “Look out, he’s casting!”

“I’d love to stop him...druid.” Montaron darted away from the kobolds’ strikes, stabbing one of them in the eye before jumping back. “But these beasties disagree.”

Xzar started to cast a spell but had to use it on a kobold that had decided to go for the weaker looking man. The kobolds and undead formed a wall between the party and the half-orc.

Talek parried one strike and lashed out with his steeled boots against another kobold’s jaw, shattering it and getting a clear path to the cleric. Before the hole could be closed he had rushed his target. Mulahey managed to block the swordstrike with his club, but Talek’s left fist hit him full on his flabby right jaw, interrupting his chant and disrupting the spell. Mulahey didn’t get another chance at casting, as Talek kept the pressure on him. He bellowed for help, but his minions were busy with the rest of the party. Mulahey’s bloated body hid a lot of strength though, and his great club caused Talek to grunt in pain more then once.

In the meantime, the five others were having a hard time. Part of the reason was that Montaron and Xzar were keeping an eye on Jaheira and Khalid and vice versa, and Jaheira and Montaron were both actively avoiding fighting enemies that threatened the other group. Imoen was trying to keep an eye on Talek. Still, the kobolds were cowardly and weak, and the skeletons were quickly dispatched by an incensed Jaheira. Soon some kobolds decided that they had enough and ran out.

As the last remaining desperate kobold fell and Talek didn’t show signs of slowing down his assault despite his blows, the wounded Mulahey dropped his club and raised his arms.

“I yield!” The deep voice sounded scared, and the eyes showed that the fear became greater as his opponent ignored his surrender and brought his sword back for a strike.

“TALEK!” It was Khalid who yelled. Talek’s blade hadn’t even reached halfway when it stopped. The half elf had started yelling as soon as the half-orc had surrendered.

Talek looked at Khalid, eyes blazing with fury. “He’s with the ones that killed Gorion!”

“I don’t know any Gorion, I swear. Please, let me go. I swear I’ll tell anything.” The shaking Mulahey pleaded.

Montaron grinned as he played with his short sword. “Now ye’re talking sense fatty. Spill yer guts then, before we do.”

The half-orc fell on his knees. “I don’t know much. This big ogre called Tazok gave me some kobolds and bottles and told me to poison the iron in the mines without anyone noticing. But those kobolds were badly trained and started killing the miners.”

“Where can we find this Tazok?” Jaheira demanded.

“I don’t know I swear. I only met him once. He always contacted me through this wizard called Tranzig. He travels south now and then. He told me that if I needed him I had to send a message to Feldepost’s Inn in Beregrost.”

Montaron chuckled. “Expensive tastes.”

“That is all I know I swear. please let me go. I’ll never do it again I swear...” He prostated himself on the ground mumbling to himself.

Jaheira looked down at him in distaste. “You will answer for your crimes in Nashkel, and I have little doubt you will be hung for the people you have killed.”

Xzar giggled. “Hung? Well hung or badly hung? but he’s sooooo heavy. the rope will snap. I say... put him on a biiiiig mountain and watch him go splat.”

“Yeah well, let’s check the stuff we can find here shall we. Don’t think this ‘hero’ will give us any more trouble.” Montaron took the club and tossed it far away before walking for a chest in the corner. Everyone but Imoen followed him. Imoen, who was trying to make out what the half orc was mumbling. She then saw that the cleric held something in his hand, and he wasn’t mumbling pleas but prayers. Imoen ran towards her companions.

“GUYS, LOOK OUT HE’S...”

The warning came too late, with a last syllable, Mulahey threw a handful of gravedirt with boneparts at the group. As it landed on the ground it changed into another group of skeletons, standing between Imoen and them. Cursing and yelling, they started attacking the skeletons, but especially Montaron and Imoen had a hard time with their useless swords. Xzar brought two skeletons down with his spells, before he ran back and started cheering the rest of the party on and asking Montaron not to damage the skull of the skeleton he was fighting. Imoen fruitlessly hacked with the shortsword at the joints of one of the skeletons. Luckily for her, they were single-minded and paid her no heed, attacking Talek instead. Then she saw Talek’s eyes grow wide.

“BEHIND YOU!”

Imoen turned around and saw Mulahey. In his hand he held a great hammer, that seemed to be crackling with malevolent power, but purple instead of red. She only had a moment before it smashed into her, the sound of breaking bone accompanying the strike. Imoen gave a short scream, fell backwards and remained silent and motionless then.

“You’ll not have me. You’ll not, YOU’LL NOT!” The half orc yelled in panic at the fallen girl.

Talek was silent in shock for a very short moment. Then rage drowned out everything on his face. “IMOEN! NO! You’re DEAD, half orc, DEAD!!”

Talek’s blade cleaved through the skull of his opponent and he turned against Mulahey, heedless of the strike of another skeleton at him. The half orc was driven back, the powerful magical weapon not able to make a single attack as steel struck against it time and time again. Talek’s face alone was enough to make one give pause though, it had gone pale, the teeth were bared and brought apart as if the swordsman wanted to leap for the half-orc’s throat and the eyes didn’t seem to see anything but places where he could strike, could hurt and most importantly, kill. Step by step the half-orc receded, seeing his skeletons once again falling one by one as Jaheira rushed towards Imoen. His eyes lingered on them for a moment too long and he parried badly. Talek’s blade cut through his wrist and almost completely severed his right hand, causing the weapon powered by Cyric to fade from existence.

The half-orc screamed as he turned and ran into the cave, with Talek following him. Only when he had got quite far into it did it seem to occur to the fleeing humanoid that he had run into a dead end. Falling unto his knees again he brought his remaining hand and stump to his face as he wept. “Please...please have mercy... please.... mercy I...”

“No mercy.” Talek said. He was panting heavily and his voice sounded raw. “No mercy EVER AGAIN! DIE!”

He slashed the sword down, causing Mulahey to scream as the arm that protected his face took the full blow. Talek struck again and again, the half-orc stubbornly clinging on to life and trying to diver the blows to non-lethal areas even as he screamed in agony. Eventually Talek’s blade got stuck in the fat and mails. As the Mulahey started to gurgle up blood Talek grabbed his belt knife and leapt on top of him, stabbing and slicing. The cleric’s heart kept pumping blood, only to spray it over the enraged fighter as his insults and curses degenerated into screams of rage. After the blood stopped spraying, Talek gave two more stabs before slumping forward. and supporting himself with his arms on the corpse.

“Talek, Talek are you there?” Jaheira’s voice sounded worried. Talek and Mulahey’s screams had echoed through the cave. When Jaheira arrived, she flinched instinctively before catching herself. Talek looked almost more like a vision from a nightmare then a human. He was knelt over the dead cleric’s body like he had just bitten him to death, and the blood sprayed face and the teeth that were still showing helped . Even from some distance, it was clear that Talek’s opponent had been badly mangled.

The hoarse voice sounded. “Imoen! How is Imoen?” Talek’s face turned to her and Jaheira’s face gave a small twitch of anxiety. She recovered herself again though and spoke in a reassuring tones.

“She broke some ribs, luckily her lungs didn’t get pierced. I healed her. She’s still unconscious but should be fine.”

Talek gave a sigh of relief and got up. Jaheira visibly relaxed. Away from the corpse and back on his two feet, Talek just looked like a human that was sprayed with blood. “Thanks...” was all he could manage. The screaming had worn out his throat.

“If I may have the foolish idea that you would consider helping me, could I ask you to take notice of me?”

The two of them flinched now. In a corner, unnoticed by even Jaheira’s eyes, was an elf, tied at hands and feet. He looked malnourished and pale. Quickly Jaheira and Talek undid the ropes.

“I thank you for my freedom, for I have dwelled in these dismal vaults too long.” the small figure said to the others. Introductions were made. The elf was Xan, sent to investigate the iron crisis as well. He retrieved his moonblade that Mulahey kept on him for good luck and made some desperate remarks about how his luck was non-existent before sitting down again, obviously weakened by the lack of food.

“Obviously he hoped it would bring him good luck. I could have told him differently, but what would have been the point?” Jaheira gritted her teeth and looked like she’d like to have a good

“You stay here and recover. We’ll go check up on our party.” She and Talek left the depressing elf and walked back to the others. “Hmpf.. not the most strong willed person I’ve seen. Let us see what our companions have managed to find. Talek walked in front, the blood still dripping from his sword and themselves.

At the same time in the cave near the throne, Montaron used a small knife to cut a wire on the chest and laughed. “Heh, clever. But not clever enough.” He tossed the chest open. “Trap removed. Let’s have a look what we have here.” The chest was filled with bottles of liquid, probably more iron poison, some weapons, gold and a few scrolls. Xzar immediately went for the scrolls as Montaron started gathering the gold. Khalid stayed near Imoen in the meantime, but kept a worried look on the two others.

“Hey... this is no spell...” Xzar grabbed a scroll and started reading it. “Oooh...more stuff about this Tazok person. Meanie, he’s a big bad meanie that probably tastes nice with some red wine on the side.”

“Yeah, yeah...whatever.” Montaron said as he inspected a jewel.

Xzar continued to complain. “Stupid people. Just because we Zhentarim have SOME evil plans doesn’t mean they ALL have to be ours.”

Montaron dropped the gem. “Shut up you...”

The sound of a weapon leaving its sheath interrupted Montaron. He turned around to see Khalid drawing his sword. “Z....Zhentarim? You’re Zhentarim!”

Montaron drew his sword as well. “Damn it. I didnt want it like this. Remind me to kill you if I survive this Xzar, and toss some spells.”

“I’m sowwy Monty... I’m fresh out... but feel free to come back tomorrow.” Xzar his behind the throne.

“Useless wizard.” Montaron uttered and then the battle with Khalid started. From the beginning it was clear that it was one sided. Montaron tried to get closer to Khalid so the length of his sword would bother him, but Khalid realised the plan and kept him on a distance, bashing with his shield to keep him back. Montaron couldn’t even get within striking distance, while Khalid’s blows could only be narrowly parried or dodged. A quick strike drew a red line on Montaron’s forehead, obstructing his eyes.

Talek and Jaheira entered at that moment. Talek’s face grew angry and he moved towards the fighters. “What the...”

There were many things that played a role in Jaheira’s action, and had the situation been different, she might have acted differently. Imoen might have been awake. Talek might not have been covered with blood, with a bloody sword in his hand and his voice still raw from his murderous screams. Talek and Jaheira’s conversation the day before might have ended differently, or not have taken place at all. Montaron might not have tried to cause Jaheira to fall to a trap, so that Talek had protected Montaron from Khalid before. Still, things were as they were.

Jaheira’s quarterstaff hit Talek on the back of the head. It wasnt meant to kill or wound, but to stun. Talek groaned and fell forward. Jaheira looked at Khalid, who had driven Montaron in a corner. Suddenly the edge of a dagger was pushed against her throat and a silky voice whispered in her ear.

“You want to see mommy?”

Jaheira released her quarterstaff, causing the necromancer to drop his guard, then raised her right foot and slammed it down hard on the necromancer’s toes. She grabbed the weaker man’s wrist before he could press it down again and slammed the elbow of her other arm in his stomach. As Xzar groaned in pain she turned around and gave he necromancer a right hook that threw him on the floor. She quickly turned around again. Khalid hit Montaron’s blade at the right place and caused it to fly out of his grasp.

And a sword was pressed against her throat by a very angry looking Talek.

“What... the hell.... was that?”

There was a moment’s silence as everyone but Talek appraised the situation. Khalid had his sword on Montaron’s neck, and Talek had Jaheira’s life at the tip of his blade. There were about six metres between the two pairs. Talek just stared angrily.

Jaheira was the first to speak. “I wanted to prevent you from doing something foolish.”

“WHAT was I going to do then?” Talek’s voice was still hoarse. His arms shook as if he had to fight the urge not to push the sword in.

“You were attacking Khalid were you not? You looked like...” For once the druid’s voice faltered as she saw Talek’s expression go from anger to hurt.

“So... you’re like all the others then... after I TOLD you yesterday I’d never seriously attack him. You STILL think I’m about to KILL HIM?” Talek’s breath was quickening.

“You were running at them sword drawn, what was I SUPPOSED to think?”

“You’re supposed to TRUST me. To be on my side. To be someone who DOESN’T look at me like I’m nothing but a bloodthirsty maniac.”

Khalid took over, trying his best to remain calm, darting his eyes from the Zhentarim at the end of his sword and the two others “Talek. Jaheira p...panicked. And I u...understand y...you’re upset...”

“I’m not upset. I’m bloody FURIOUS!” Talek’s eyes were getting moist.

“I know, I know.” Kahlid’s brow was covered in sweat. “But there are w...worse things happening. T...these two are... not who they s...said they were. They’re Z...Zhentarim.”

Jaheira’s eyes grew wide. “ZHENTARIM? I shold have known...”

“SHUT UP!” Talek snarled at Jaheira. “Montaron. Is that true? You’re... you’re a Zhentarim?”

Montaron hesitated for a moment when another voice piped up. “Don’t tell lies Monty. It’s bad to tell lies. Of course, we Zhentarim are bad. So does that mean we have to lie?” Xzar’s eyes were unfocused as he tried to get up and failed. “But we aren’t the only ones who lie are we, druid?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about you slimy worm.” Jaheira said.

“Thank you for your kind demonstration....” Suddenly, Xzar’s eyes focused and filled with hate and his voice became a mad snarl. “...HARPER!”

“HOW DO YOU...” Jaheira couldn’t stop herself from blurting out. Montaron’s eyes grew wide, but he kept his eyes on Khalid for a chance to escape. She turned her head, but by doing so caused the steel of Talek’s sword to draw blood.

The shaking of Talek’s arm intensified. His eyes were brimming with tears now. “So.... you’ve all been lying to me... great... JUST BLOODY GREAT!” He wiped his face with his free hand, smearing more blood in his face as he removed a tear. “Who am I supposed to trust now?” He looked at Imoen unconscious form as if hoping she’d help him. “What am I supposed to do now?”

“The Zhentarim are ruthless and evil, Talek. They WILL betray you.” Jaheira stared at Montaron.

“I didn’t ask YOU.” Talek hissed. “Besides, it wasn’t a Zhentarim that hit me in the back.

“I told you, I did that because...”

“...because you think I’m a murderer. And apparently your oath to isn’t worth THAT much, IS IT?”

Jaheira paled at the accusation, her eyes growing wide with indignation. Khalid quickly filled the silence. “Talek.... I’m s...sorry you have to f...find out this way but... Gorion was a Harper.”

Underneath the blood, Talek’s face paled. “N...no... you...you’re lying. YOU’RE LYING!” Talek’s sword left Jaheira’s throat for a second as Talek staggered, but quickly returned before she could escape. “He’d tell me. You’re LYING!”

“It is not a m...matter of t...trust Talek. The Harpers have many enemies. If they knew that the p...people around them would be able to t...tell whether someone w...would be a Harper, m...many innocents and uninvolved would suffer.”

“And your father wouldn’t want to have you associate with the enemies of Harpers.” Jaheira added.

“What do YOU know about Gorion?” Talek snarled. “He was my father! That he... that he was a Harper had nothing to do with it. He entrusted me to you, to the Harpers, and you BETRAYED him!”

Now Jaheira’s face became furious. “What? How DARE you? You speak off the past? You speak of what you know nothing off, child.”

“I TOLD you not to call me child you... backstabbing, treacherous, Harper BITCH! And WHAT do you know then?”

“T...Talek, J...Jaheira, I t...think....”

“Gorion didn’t entrust you to the Harpers, the Harpers entrusted Gorion to you!”

“What do you mean?” Talek’s voice grew cold.

“J...Jaheira... d....d...d...” Khalid panicked and his stutter sealed his speech.

“Gorion brought you with him after a Harper mission. For some reason the Heralds decided that you had to be raised to grow up a good person, and Gorion volunteered for the mission.” She finished the sentence and stared at Talek. “So, did he succeed?”

Talek just stared at Jaheira with an open mouth. Then, still with a blank look of shock on his face, he moved the sword to the side to strike. Jaheira didn’t have the time to move. Khalid screamed and started turning towards them, releasing Montaron. Xzar giggled.

The pommel of the sword hit Jaheira in the jaw, hard.

She turned around her axis and fell face down on the floor of the cave, a heavy bruise already forming. Talek looked down at her with hatred glowing in his eyes. “Bitch...”

“Boy, BEHIND YOU!”

Talek turned around and raised his sword reflexively to parry. Khalid’s sword clanged on his. Talek gave Khalid a hateful look and counterattacked without another word. The two swordsmen were both clearly fighting to kill now, Talek was wounded, but Khalid’s more mobile style was hampered by the relatively limiting surroundings.

Jaheira in the meantime had managed to get up to her hands and knees again, fighting down dizziness as she reached for her staff. Then someone pressed a blade against her throat. “HEY, HARPER! Quit fighting or yer lady dies!” Montaron looked down at her. “That’s three times in a row, druid. Ye’re not having a good day are ye?” The voice sounded in mock sympathy. “Don’t try anything, I ain’t as stupid as the wizard.”

“”Damn you...” Jaheira cursed woozily.

Khalid saw what happened and dropped his sword and shield. “D....don’t hurt her.”

“Now that ye’ve been so nice to drop yer weapons, Harper, I don’t see why not.”

“Wait Montaron!” Talek said. “He brought his sword to Khalid’s throat as he had did to Jaheira. “Can you give me a reason not to kill you Khalid? Cause I’m drawing a blank here.” Talek sounded hoarse, tired, hurt and angry.

“Y... y... you’re no murderer.” Khalid brought out. His face had gone pale. Jaheira was desperately looking around for a way out, but Montaron’s sword was ready to slice.

Talek’s tone didn’t change. “Do you believe that?”

“W...w...what is important is w...w...what you believe.”

“I’M ASKING THE DAMN QUESTIONS! It’s important to ME. Do you believe I’m a murderer Khalid? And DON’T you bloody DARE to lie!”

Khalid looked at Talek. Blood covered, angry eyes, hoarse throat from screaming in rage. “I...”

“T...Talek... What... what is going on here?”

Imoen had awakened.

#2 Guest_Bjorn_*

Posted 18 October 2003 - 12:19 AM

Tranzig seemed picked when he heard about the hair. “Hey, anyone know the murderous tyke’s name?” He put the goblet at his lips.

:twisted: Talek's really needs to start using an alias or something...

“He’s one of those that fall into dust when the dark hawk that I am pounces him?”

LOL! That's Nimbul alright.

“So, we find you at last you fat piece of gibberlingcrap.” The sword in his hand was still dripping fresh blood on the floor. The kobolds growled and prepared their weapons, but Mulahey signed them to wait.

You're doing well at finding new swearwords/insults for Talek to use :twisted:

Jaheira and Montaron’s eyes both lit up as they both prepared a reply, but Talek hadn’t stopped to think and was faster.

LOL! We'll be going for the blunt and completely unsubtle approach, then...

Talek looked at Khalid, eyes blazing with fury. “He’s with the ones that killed Gorion!”

Talk first, kill later :mrgreen:

“GUYS, LOOK OUT HE’S...”

Eep!

Imoen turned around and saw Mulahey. In his hand he held a great hammer, that seemed to be crackling with malevolent power, but purple instead of red. She only had a moment before it smashed into her, the sound of breaking bone accompanying the strike. Imoen gave a short scream, fell backwards and remained silent and motionless then.

Uh oh...

Talek was silent in shock for a very short moment. Then rage drowned out everything on his face. “IMOEN! NO! You’re DEAD, half orc, DEAD!!”

Whoa, Talek - you won't be any use to immy if you do something stupid and get hurt too.

“No mercy.” Talek said. He was panting heavily and his voice sounded raw. “No mercy EVER AGAIN! DIE!”

:lol: That doesn't sound good. I really hope Immy's ok.

“If I may have the foolish idea that you would consider helping me, could I ask you to take notice of me?”

Yay, it's Xan!

“Obviously he hoped it would bring him good luck. I could have told him differently, but what would have been the point?” Jaheira gritted her teeth and looked like she’d like to have a good

You see to be missing the end of a sentence here :)

Xzar continued to complain. “Stupid people. Just because we Zhentarim have SOME evil plans doesn’t mean they ALL have to be ours.”

Oops...

“Useless wizard.” Montaron uttered and then the battle with Khalid started. From the beginning it was clear that it was one sided. Montaron tried to get closer to Khalid so the length of his sword would bother him, but Khalid realised the plan and kept him on a distance, bashing with his shield to keep him back. Montaron couldn’t even get within striking distance, while Khalid’s blows could only be narrowly parried or dodged. A quick strike drew a red line on Montaron’s forehead, obstructing his eyes.

Go Khalid! Although I guess I don't really want him to kill Monty.

Jaheira’s quarterstaff hit Talek on the back of the head. It wasnt meant to kill or wound, but to stun. Talek groaned and fell forward.

Bad move, Jaheira. Talek would have tried to stop the fight before, but now he's much more likely to take Monty's side.

“You were attacking Khalid were you not? You looked like...” For once the druid’s voice faltered as she saw Talek’s expression go from anger to hurt.

“So... you’re like all the others then... after I TOLD you yesterday I’d never seriously attack him. You STILL think I’m about to KILL HIM?” Talek’s breath was quickening.

:?: She wouldn't have done if she were thinking rationally, Talek - but it's natural that she panicked when she saw Khalid in danger. But then Talek isn't exactly thinking rationally either right now, so it's unlikely he's to realise that.

The shaking of Talek’s arm intensified. His eyes were brimming with tears now. “So.... you’ve all been lying to me... great... JUST BLOODY GREAT!” He wiped his face with his free hand, smearing more blood in his face as he removed a tear. “Who am I supposed to trust now?” He looked at Imoen unconscious form as if hoping she’d help him. “What am I supposed to do now?”

8) I don't know, Talek. But I wouldn't kill anyone if I were you, because once you've calmed down you'll probably regret it if you do.

Jaheira paled at the accusation, her eyes growing wide with indignation. Khalid quickly filled the silence. “Talek.... I’m s...sorry you have to f...find out this way but... Gorion was a Harper.”

Underneath the blood, Talek’s face paled. “N...no... you...you’re lying. YOU’RE LYING!” Talek’s sword left Jaheira’s throat for a second as Talek staggered, but quickly returned before she could escape. “He’d tell me. You’re LYING!”

:)

“It is not a m...matter of t...trust Talek. The Harpers have many enemies. If they knew that the p...people around them would be able to t...tell whether someone w...would be a Harper, m...many innocents and uninvolved would suffer.”

“And your father wouldn’t want to have you associate with the enemies of Harpers.” Jaheira added.

That's true. Gorion probably wanted to protect Talek, as much as anything else.

“Boy, BEHIND YOU!”

Talek turned around and raised his sword reflexively to parry. Khalid’s sword clanged on his. Talek gave Khalid a hateful look and counterattacked without another word. The two swordsmen were both clearly fighting to kill now, Talek was wounded, but Khalid’s more mobile style was hampered by the relatively limiting surroundings.

:) Someone stop them, quick.

“Wait Montaron!” Talek said. “He brought his sword to Khalid’s throat as he had did to Jaheira. “Can you give me a reason not to kill you Khalid? Cause I’m drawing a blank here.” Talek sounded hoarse, tired, hurt and angry.

Because what happens if you kill him? You'll have to kill Jaheira too, and then what about Monty and Xzar? They haven't trusted you any more than the Harpers did. And killing someone who was your friend in cold blood is hardly the way to not become a murderer.

Imoen had awakened.

Thank goodness for that! Hoepfully she can knock some sense into everybody's heads...

I thought that was a great chapter - lots of twists and turns, and I like the way you've left it so that there's no 'right' side for talek for take.

The only bit I was a little uncertain about was Khalid attacking Talek after Talek hit Jaheira - I'd have expected Khalid to try to protect Jaheira rather than try to kill Talek, especially given that the Zhents are there and Monty's already tried to kill Jaheira once. Granted he's going to be angry with Talek, but I'd have thought he'd put Jaheira's safety first.

Please don't leave it long before the next chapter - because this one's left me feeling really depressed (although if anything happens to Khalid then I guess I'll feel even worse after the next one... 8) )

#3 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 18 October 2003 - 12:59 AM

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

:twisted: Talek's really needs to start using an alias or something... [/quote]

Heh, he'll get nicknames along the way, but changing his name would be an insult to Gorion as far as he is concerned.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

LOL! That's Nimbul alright. [/quote]

It's like Haer'Dalis, except sucky.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

You're doing well at finding new swearwords/insults for Talek to use :lol: [/quote]

Heh, take a low-class monster and take a word for feces. Not very cultured, but neither is Talek.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

LOL! We'll be going for the blunt and completely unsubtle approach, then... [/quote]

Also known as 'suicidal'

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Talk first, kill later :mrgreen: [/quote]

:twisted:

[quote] [quote]
“GUYS, LOOK OUT HE’S...”
[/quote]

Eep! [/quote]

Never turn your back on a Cyrist.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Uh oh... [/quote]

Imoen falls and Talek is alive. Which mean people are going to die.

[quote] [uote]
[/quote]

Whoa, Talek - you won't be any use to immy if you do something stupid and get hurt too. [/quote]

Talek is no berserker, he just has pretty little self-control in these matters.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

:?: That doesn't sound good. I really hope Immy's ok. [/quote]

Yep, but he doesn't know that.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Yay, it's Xan! [/quote]

The one and only.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

You see to be missing the end of a sentence here :) [/quote]

Quoth Homer Simpson: D'OH!

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Oops...[/quote]

oops indeed.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Go Khalid! Although I guess I don't really want him to kill Monty. [/quote]

Nope, if he had killed Montaron before Talek would have arrived, he'd get in serious trouble as well.

[quote] [quote]
Jaheira’s quarterstaff hit Talek on the back of the head. It wasnt meant to kill or wound, but to stun. Talek groaned and fell forward. [/quote]

Bad move, Jaheira. Talek would have tried to stop the fight before, but now he's much more likely to take Monty's side. [/quote]

Jaheira WILL regret this strike for some time..

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

8) She wouldn't have done if she were thinking rationally, Talek - but it's natural that she panicked when she saw Khalid in danger. But then Talek isn't exactly thinking rationally either right now, so it's unlikely he's to realise that. [/quote]

Yup. And alek's problem is also that Jaheira sees HIM as a danger.On his most rational, alek would still be hurt, in his current situation, emotionally shaken and with a murderous rage still smouldering in his mind...

[quote] [uote]
[/quote]

:) I don't know, Talek. But I wouldn't kill anyone if I were you, because once you've calmed down you'll probably regret it if you do. [/Quote]

Yep, but at the moment, bloodletting looks good to him, and Talek lives for the moment.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

:) [/quote]

Gorion and Imoen are Talek's most sensitive spots.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

That's true. Gorion probably wanted to protect Talek, as much as anything else. [/quote]

Yep. But Jaheira's remark suggests that Talek isn't living up to Gorion's wishes. And since Talek KNOWS he lacks many things Gorion values, that's a very sore point.

[quote] [quote]
“Boy, BEHIND YOU!”
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

8) Someone stop them, quick. [/quote]

Montaron does, but not in a good way.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Because what happens if you kill him? You'll have to kill Jaheira too, and then what about Monty and Xzar? They haven't trusted you any more than the Harpers did. And killing someone who was your friend in cold blood is hardly the way to not become a murderer. [/quote]

Montaron has never hit him in the back of the head or showed that he suspected Talek would kill him. And with Talek 'cold blood' is relative.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Imoen had awakened.[/quote]

Thank goodness for that! Hoepfully she can knock some sense into everybody's heads... [/quote]

Hm, but wounds have been made, and Talek is subborn.

[quote] I thought that was a great chapter - lots of twists and turns, and I like the way you've left it so that there's no 'right' side for talek for take. [/quote]

One angered sentence calls for the other. I think many fights, verbal and physical, always have both/all the parties at fault.

[quote] The only bit I was a little uncertain about was Khalid attacking Talek after Talek hit Jaheira - I'd have expected Khalid to try to protect Jaheira rather than try to kill Talek, especially given that the Zhents are there and Monty's already tried to kill Jaheira once. Granted he's going to be angry with Talek, but I'd have thought he'd put Jaheira's safety first. [/quote]

Well, he started the attack when Talek brought his sword back for the pommel strike, so at that time he would think Talek was going to deal a killing blow and just gave a desperate shot at killing/injuring him before he killed Jaheira. By the time he realised Talek managed to 'pommel-pummel' Jaheira instead of killing her, it was too late. I'll try to make that clearer. *yawn* tomorrow.

[quote] Please don't leave it long before the next chapter - because this one's left me feeling really depressed (although if anything happens to Khalid then I guess I'll feel even worse after the next one... 8) )[/quote]

Heh, I hate to keep it hanging here as well. Originally intended for it to be longer, but it was pretty long already.

Thanks for the review.

#4 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 18 October 2003 - 07:30 AM

[quote]
“A band of thugs went through town two nights ago. They killed a couple of boys on the street, a dwarf in the Red Sheaf, a bard, three of my employees and the tallest one killed Marl right here in the bar! Wretched long-haired scum he was.”
[/quote]

Ooh, they remember him well. And Beregost is on the Trade Way, which is pretty much the only safe way to travel through, so Talek *will* have to return here... :twisted:

Btw, by killing a bard you mean Silke? I initially thought of Garrick, but I recall that he wasn't killed off. :)

[quote]
Tranzig suddenly started coughing, putting his wine down as he resumed breathing. “Talek Gorionson? He been here? Where dids he go to?”
[/quote]

Oh, don't worry. He'll find YOU.

[quote]
[/quote]

LOL! Nimbul sure sounds like one of the most competent assassins around.

[quote]
“Let Beregrost sleep easier, for this night, the black messenger leaves for Nashkel, and his letter spells the end for the receiver.”
[/quote]

'Beregost'

[quote]
“Tazok sent you didn’t he? Why does he want to kill me? I do my job! All the iron gets tainted. I won’t lose my head for this!” The creature looked frightened out of his wits. He gave the impression that he had been worrying for some time now.
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Like d'oh! Talek doesn't have to think about what he says, naturally he's faster.

[quote]
Talek parried one strike and lashed out with his steeled boots against another kobold’s jaw, shattering it and getting a clear path to the cleric. Before the hole could be closed he had rushed his target. Mulahey managed to block the swordstrike with his club, but Talek’s left fist hit him full on his flabby right jaw, interrupting his chant and disrupting the spell. Mulahey didn’t get another chance at casting, as Talek kept the pressure on him. He bellowed for help, but his minions were busy with the rest of the party. Mulahey’s bloated body hid a lot of strength though, and his great club caused Talek to grunt in pain more then once.
[/quote]

You can say what you want about Talek's mental capabilities, but he sure is efficient at slaughtering.

[quote]
“TALEK!” It was Khalid who yelled. Talek’s blade hadn’t even reached halfway when it stopped. The half elf had started yelling as soon as the half-orc had surrendered.
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Yeah, but you want him to talk before killing him, remember?

[quote]
“Yeah well, let’s check the stuff we can find here shall we. Don’t think this ‘hero’ will give us any more trouble.” Montaron took the club and tossed it far away before walking for a chest in the corner. Everyone but Imoen followed him. Imoen, who was trying to make out what the half orc was mumbling. She then saw that the cleric held something in his hand, and he wasn’t mumbling pleas but prayers. Imoen ran towards her companions.
[/quote]

Ah, good. Now he's giving them the reason to kill him here and avoid the boring, lawful path. :)

[quote]
[/quote]

Ouch... :roll:

[quote]
[/quote]

Yep, he's dead.

[quote]
He slashed the sword down, causing Mulahey to scream as the arm that protected his face took the full blow. Talek struck again and again, the half-orc stubbornly clinging on to life and trying to diver the blows to non-lethal areas even as he screamed in agony. Eventually Talek’s blade got stuck in the fat and mails. As the Mulahey started to gurgle up blood Talek grabbed his belt knife and leapt on top of him, stabbing and slicing. The cleric’s heart kept pumping blood, only to spray it over the enraged fighter as his insults and curses degenerated into screams of rage. After the blood stopped spraying, Talek gave two more stabs before slumping forward. and supporting himself with his arms on the corpse.
[/quote]

Oh, that was quite violent... poor Mulahey... well, in a way. 8) :mrgreen:

[quote]
“Talek, Talek are you there?” Jaheira’s voice sounded worried. Talek and Mulahey’s screams had echoed through the cave. When Jaheira arrived, she flinched instinctively before catching herself. Talek looked almost more like a vision from a nightmare then a human. He was knelt over the dead cleric’s body like he had just bitten him to death, and the blood sprayed face and the teeth that were still showing helped . Even from some distance, it was clear that Talek’s opponent had been badly mangled.
[/quote]

She should be *really* worried, yes.

[quote]
[/quote]

A good what?

[quote]
“You stay here and recover. We’ll go check up on our party.” She and Talek left the depressing elf and walked back to the others. “Hmpf.. not the most strong willed person I’ve seen. Let us see what our companions have managed to find. Talek walked in front, the blood still dripping from his sword and themselves.
[/quote]

I don't think Jaheira would think very highly or Xan, really... but it would be really interesting to see how he gets along with Talek. He'll probably mess up Talek's head and make him depressive.
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Oh, dear... Monty's probably cursing his choice of companions by now.

[quote]
The sound of a weapon leaving its sheath interrupted Montaron. He turned around to see Khalid drawing his sword. “Z....Zhentarim? You’re Zhentarim!”
[/quote]

That's enough to know for Khalid, I think.

[quote]
Jaheira’s quarterstaff hit Talek on the back of the head. It wasnt meant to kill or wound, but to stun. Talek groaned and fell forward. Jaheira looked at Khalid, who had driven Montaron in a corner. Suddenly the edge of a dagger was pushed against her throat and a silky voice whispered in her ear.
[/quote]

Ah... Jaheira. What on earth posessed you to do that... she's really young and rash in this tale, but hitting Talek was a definite moment of madness. :cry:

[quote]
Jaheira released her quarterstaff, causing the necromancer to drop his guard, then raised her right foot and slammed it down hard on the necromancer’s toes. She grabbed the weaker man’s wrist before he could press it down again and slammed the elbow of her other arm in his stomach. As Xzar groaned in pain she turned around and gave he necromancer a right hook that threw him on the floor. She quickly turned around again. Khalid hit Montaron’s blade at the right place and caused it to fly out of his grasp.
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Oh, come on! First Xzar, now Talek... I get cold shivers when someone presses a sharp blade against the poor druid's throat. 8)

[quote]
Jaheira was the first to speak. “I wanted to prevent you from doing something foolish.”
[/quote]

Yes, but you chose the wrong approach, Jaheira. :cry:

[quote]
[/quote]

Well, I sort of understand her. She saw Talek threatening Khalid before and after seeing what he did to Mulahey... she probably had all sorts of thoughts in her head, like imagining the man she loves being in Mulahey's place... :lol:

[quote]
“I know, I know.” Kahlid’s brow was covered in sweat. “But there are w...worse things happening. T...these two are... not who they s...said they were. They’re Z...Zhentarim.”
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
“SHUT UP!” Talek snarled at Jaheira. “Montaron. Is that true? You’re... you’re a Zhentarim?”
[/quote]

I hope he knows what the Zhentarim are.

[quote]
Montaron hesitated for a moment when another voice piped up. “Don’t tell lies Monty. It’s bad to tell lies. Of course, we Zhentarim are bad. So does that mean we have to lie?” Xzar’s eyes were unfocused as he tried to get up and failed. “But we aren’t the only ones who lie are we, druid?”
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Jaheira... you're being an inch away from death... it is strongly advised to tell the truth in moments like these.

[quote]
“HOW DO YOU...” Jaheira couldn’t stop herself from blurting out. Montaron’s eyes grew wide, but he kept his eyes on Khalid for a chance to escape. She turned her head, but by doing so caused the steel of Talek’s sword to draw blood.
[/quote]

Hey! :lol:

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

I thought he would not believe it...

[quote]
“What do YOU know about Gorion?” Talek snarled. “He was my father! That he... that he was a Harper had nothing to do with it. He entrusted me to you, to the Harpers, and you BETRAYED him!”
[/quote]

[quote]
Now Jaheira’s face became furious. “What? How DARE you? You speak off the past? You speak of what you know nothing off, child.”
[/quote]

I don't think that Jaheira would take kindly to such implication, no. Her oath to Gorion is very important to her.

[quote]
“I TOLD you not to call me child you... backstabbing, treacherous, Harper BITCH! And WHAT do you know then?”
[/quote]

Ah... well, I've seen Jaheira being called in worse names... :)

[quote]
“Gorion brought you with him after a Harper mission. For some reason the Heralds decided that you had to be raised to grow up a good person, and Gorion volunteered for the mission.” She finished the sentence and stared at Talek. “So, did he succeed?”
[/quote]

If Jaheira gets out of this alive, she better take some courses in dyplomacy. :?

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
She turned around her axis and fell face down on the floor of the cave, a heavy bruise already forming. Talek looked down at her with hatred glowing in his eyes. “Bitch...”
[/quote]

:?: Well... I'm sure that many wanted to do this to the BG1 Jaheira... well, but I still don't really like seeing it... :)

[quote]
[/quote]

Oh dear... things just keep getting worse and worse... but Khalid could not have reacted differently, seeing that Jaheira was hit.

[quote]
Jaheira in the meantime had managed to get up to her hands and knees again, fighting down dizziness as she reached for her staff. Then someone pressed a blade against her throat. “HEY, HARPER! Quit fighting or yer lady dies!” Montaron looked down at her. “That’s three times in a row, druid. Ye’re not having a good day are ye?” The voice sounded in mock sympathy. “Don’t try anything, I ain’t as stupid as the wizard.”
[/quote]

Goddamn! Yes, Jaheira does have a really nice neck, but still I don't like when they all press their blades against it! 8)

[quote]
Khalid saw what happened and dropped his sword and shield. “D....don’t hurt her.”
[/quote]

It's a slim hope that Monty would hold his word. ;)

[quote]
“Y... y... you’re no murderer.” Khalid brought out. His face had gone pale. Jaheira was desperately looking around for a way out, but Montaron’s sword was ready to slice.
[/quote]

Of course, if Talek does not kill Khalid, then Monty is a goner.

[quote]
Khalid looked at Talek. Blood covered, angry eyes, hoarse throat from screaming in rage. “I...”
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]

Eh... I hope that's a good sign.

Well... it was a very well written chapter and th culmination was done masterfully. I can't say that I fully enjoyed it though, for the reasons that I'm sure everyone is aware by now... but it was a breathtaking read, anyways. :twisted:

#5 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 18 October 2003 - 09:38 AM

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

Ooh, they remember him well. And Beregost is on the Trade Way, which is pretty much the only safe way to travel through, so Talek *will* have to return here... 8) [/quote]

Yep...Talek is getting himself quite the reputation.

[quote] Btw, by killing a bard you mean Silke? I initially thought of Garrick, but I recall that he wasn't killed off. :roll: [/quote]

Yep...Silke.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Oh, don't worry. He'll find YOU. [/quote]

:mrgreen:

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

LOL! Nimbul sure sounds like one of the most competent assassins around. [/quote]

Well, it could be worse. He could have become a poet.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

'Beregost' [/quote]

Damn... me and names...

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Like d'oh! Talek doesn't have to think about what he says, naturally he's faster. [/quote]

Yep. Speedy action is Talek'f forte. Especially he violent kind.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

You can say what you want about Talek's mental capabilities, but he sure is efficient at slaughtering. [/quote]

Training at it was his main past time along with drawing.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Yeah, but you want him to talk before killing him, remember? [/quote]

I think we can safely say the answer is 'no'

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Ah, good. Now he's giving them the reason to kill him here and avoid the boring, lawful path. :) [/quote]

8) And Talek can indulge his divine nature a bit.... AGAIN.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Ouch... :) [/quote]

Never had my rib broken. Pretty appy with that.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Yep, he's dead. [/quote]

his deadness is of doornaillike proportions.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Oh, that was quite violent... poor Mulahey... well, in a way. :cry: :twisted: [/quote]

And you KNOW he's gonna have to face Talek again.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

She should be *really* worried, yes. [/quote]

Add some claws and a lobsterface and Talek could have made a convincing Slayer at that moment.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

A good what? [/quote]

Good question... I seem to have forgotten what I wanted to write there. I'll just remove it. (major screw up)

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

I don't think Jaheira would think very highly or Xan, really... but it would be really interesting to see how he gets along with Talek. He'll probably mess up Talek's head and make him depressive.
[/quote]

Hmmm... At the moment Talek is pretty cheerful, when it comes to his chances for survival. Could be an interesting thought.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Oh, dear... Monty's probably cursing his choice of companions by now. [/quote]

:)

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

That's enough to know for Khalid, I think. [/quote]

it is indeed.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Ah... Jaheira. What on earth posessed you to do that... she's really young and rash in this tale, but hitting Talek was a definite moment of madness. :) [/quote]

Well, I HOPE that it can be at least considered to be IC. I write for an audience, and if they believe Jaheira wouldn't do this then I have a problem.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Oh, come on! First Xzar, now Talek... I get cold shivers when someone presses a sharp blade against the poor druid's throat. :lol: [/quote]

:) Then you'll get to shiver a lot eh?

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Yes, but you chose the wrong approach, Jaheira. :) [/quote]

Yep, and she'll tell that to herself for some time to come.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Well, I sort of understand her. She saw Talek threatening Khalid before and after seeing what he did to Mulahey... she probably had all sorts of thoughts in her head, like imagining the man she loves being in Mulahey's place... :) [/quote]

Glad you think it's understandable... And yes, tproblem is that it hurts Talek to know she thinks he'll do that to Khalid.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

I hope he knows what the Zhentarim are. [/quote]

Luckily for Khalid, yes. It would be a tad anticlimatic if Talek answered "Zhenta...who?"

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Jaheira... you're being an inch away from death... it is strongly advised to tell the truth in moments like these. [/quote]

Jaheira bluffs. Hard. But Xzar has already seen her cards.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Hey! :) [/quote]

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

I thought he would not believe it... [/quote]

It's a hard thing to swallow.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

I don't think that Jaheira would take kindly to such implication, no. Her oath to Gorion is very important to her. [/quote]

Yep, but when Talek is in this mood, getting angry is NOT what you want to do.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Ah... well, I've seen Jaheira being called in worse names... :cry: [/quote]

'worse' yes. But I think they're about the most hurtgful insults you can sling at Jaheira. She thinks highly of loyalty, so...

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

If Jaheira gets out of this alive, she better take some courses in dyplomacy. ;) [/quote]

Could be worse... she could be a red wizard. And she thought what talek needed was perhaps some 'tough love'

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

:) Well... I'm sure that many wanted to do this to the BG1 Jaheira... well, but I still don't really like seeing it... :lol: [/quote]

Heh, I never had anything against Jaheira, but she isn't getting out of this one without taking a hit.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Oh dear... things just keep getting worse and worse... but Khalid could not have reacted differently, seeing that Jaheira was hit. [/quote]

Yep. I hope it's clear Khalid acts to protect Jaheira, not out of anger towards Talek.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Goddamn! Yes, Jaheira does have a really nice neck, but still I don't like when they all press their blades against it! 8) [/quote]

:? Blades needs some luv too.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

It's a slim hope that Monty would hold his word. :) [/quote]

He didn't even promise she'd live if he DID drop his weapons. Luckily, Talek calls, and Montaron isn't gonna try to pull one on alek so short after THAT little show.

[quote] [quote]
[/quote]

Of course, if Talek does not kill Khalid, then Monty is a goner. [/quote]

Yep, so Montaron will keep calm for a moment.

[quote] [uote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]

Eh... I hope that's a good sign. [/Quote]

It is. Talek trusts her, and she wouldn't want Khalid and Jaheira dead.

[quote] Well... it was a very well written chapter and th culmination was done masterfully. I can't say that I fully enjoyed it though, for the reasons that I'm sure everyone is aware by now... but it was a breathtaking read, anyways. :?:[/quote]

Glad to hear I managed to pull this chapter off for you then. As I said at the start, a lot of things start from here, so this chapter SHOULD have a natural feeling to it.

Heh, and I assume the lovely druid had something to do with that.

#6 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 18 October 2003 - 09:42 AM

Crap...double post

#7 Guest_argan_*

Posted 18 October 2003 - 10:34 AM

Awesome chapter...

You do know I will have to hunt you down and force you to post the next one, dont you?

#8 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 18 October 2003 - 10:39 AM

Awesome chapter...

Thanks.

You do know I will have to hunt you down and force you to post the next one, dont you?

:mrgreen: eep...

#9 Guest_argan_*

Posted 18 October 2003 - 11:19 AM

Awesome chapter...

Thanks.

:) eep...

Yep, you better start searching for a hiding spot, since I've already picked up your trail :mrgreen:

#10 Guest_Helseth_*

Posted 18 October 2003 - 09:55 PM

Yep, pretty quick. But now that I'm getting somwhere I'm gonna get what I can get while it lasts. Besides, I WANTED to write this chapter for a long time. However, it IS a very important chapter in the story, so it has to be good, so feel free to be EXTRA-critical on it.

Will do! :)

Without another word Tranzig left and ran through the wet, nightly streets. There were many Flaming Fists walking around, to make the citizens of the town feel more secure, so Tranzig didn't have to worry about muggers. He quickly entered the Red Sheaf. The innkeeper there was less friendly then Feldepost, but after a gold piece from the mage, pointed at a table in the corner. At it sat a man dressed in expensive clothing that looked like it had seen better days. He was holding a knife in his hand and looking at it while speaking quietly to himself now and then. It sounded as if he was reciting poetry.

He is death come for thee... Bard or just lover of poetry? :cry:

“I ain’t sure they’ll be still alive when you arrive, but better safe then sorry. One of our girls down in Nashkel spotted Talek Gorionson, long black hair, rather muscled, and the higher ups really want him gone. Especially since we’ve got that fat idiot Mulahey working there. He’s travelin’ with a halfling, two half elves, one of them a druid, a young human girl and a necromancer. So I want you to go down there, like yesterday, and kill them if they’re still alive. Especially the long-haired one.”

Why "like yesterday"? Nimbul just came from Nashkel or Tranzig means that the job is urgent?

:) What the heck does that mean? :lol:

“I don’t know any Tazok, slimeball! Now tell me, who killed Gorion?” Talek snarled as he pointed his sword at Mulahey. There was a sigh from the two others as they prepared their weapons.

:? Busted...

Montaron grinned as he played with his short sword. “Now ye’re talking sense fatty. Spill yer guts then, before we do.”

:cry: :mrgreen: Xzar's humor lessons pay well ;)

“That is all I know I swear. please let me go. I’ll never do it again I swear...” He prostated himself on the ground mumbling to himself.

That's "prostrated"? (Love that typo... 8) It was somewhere in the game, in Viconia romance IIRC.)

Imoen, who was trying to make out what the half orc was mumbling.

Maybe this phrase isn't finished?

Talek’s blade cut through his wrist and almost completely severed his right hand, causing the weapon powered by Cyric to fade from existence.

:) 8) :) Good detail!

Only when he had got quite far into it did it seem to occur to the fleeing humanoid that he had run into a dead end.

Maybe instead of "did it seem" it should be "it seemed"?

Falling unto his knees again he brought his remaining hand and stump to his face as he wept. “Please...please have mercy... please.... mercy I...”

Ha! Mercy. You bet :twisted:

Good thing these mines are badly illuminated. The Mulahey's body right now probably is even less appealing sight than it was before :twisted:

Probably this phrase is unfinished?

“Hey... this is no spell...” Xzar grabbed a scroll and started reading it. “Oooh...more stuff about this Tazok person. Meanie, he’s a big bad meanie that probably tastes nice with some red wine on the side.”

Bleurgh! Half-ogre liver (or whatever)! :lol: Xzar sure is mad 8)

:) Oops...

Jaheira’s quarterstaff hit Talek on the back of the head. It wasnt meant to kill or wound, but to stun. Talek groaned and fell forward.

:) Now that Talek won't forgive.

Oh no... For some people head is just not a vital area... :)

(BTW, I've read in "Lady Slings the Booze" that hitting on the back of the head is an ineffective way to knock out. It has chances 4 in 10 to (eventually) kill, but only 1 in 10 to switch the lights off. Of course, Jaheira isn't a monk, she makes mistakes too :) )

“You’re supposed to TRUST me. To be on my side. To be someone who DOESN’T look at me like I’m nothing but a bloodthirsty maniac.”

Well, her first allegiance is to Khalid anyway.

Oh. He knows what that means?

8) And right when Immy is unconscious...

“...because you think I’m a murderer. And apparently your oath to isn’t worth THAT much, IS IT?”

Probably something after "to" is missing?

:) I don't understand his idea. He says, basically, "If Harpers know that they can be identified, then many innocents will suffer". Why? Innocents (relatives, loved ones, etc.) could suffer if Harpers could be identified, yes, but do Harpers know about their "identifiability" or not is irrelevant here. Or not? Seems like now I've made it really confusing :)

Talek just stared at Jaheira with an open mouth. Then, still with a blank look of shock on his face, he moved the sword to the side to strike. Jaheira didn’t have the time to move. Khalid screamed and started turning towards them, releasing Montaron. Xzar giggled.

:? I hoped that argument will make Talek think...

“Now that ye’ve been so nice to drop yer weapons, Harper, I don’t see why not.”

:?: Yep. That's Monty. And I bet he's not joking, too.

“I’M ASKING THE DAMN QUESTIONS! It’s important to ME. Do you believe I’m a murderer Khalid? And DON’T you bloody DARE to lie!”

:roll: Here they go again. They never even bothered to define "murderer", and now Talek wants clear answer.

I'm not sure... Can throat be hoarse? Or is it applies to voice only?

Imoen had awakened.

At last! Now at least there is some hope it all ends well...

Good chapter. I have to say, the revelation was taken much worse than I had anticipated. I hoped Talek will honor Gorion's Harperdom, but alas... And somehow I have a feeling that it all ends not so happily... :?

#11 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 18 October 2003 - 10:41 PM

[quote][quote] Yep, pretty quick. But now that I'm getting somwhere I'm gonna get what I can get while it lasts. Besides, I WANTED to write this chapter for a long time. However, it IS a very important chapter in the story, so it has to be good, so feel free to be EXTRA-critical on it. [/quote]

Will do! :) [/quote]

And you did...thanks. :)

[quote] [quote] Without another word Tranzig left and ran through the wet, nightly streets. There were many Flaming Fists walking around, to make the citizens of the town feel more secure, so Tranzig didn't have to worry about muggers. He quickly entered the Red Sheaf. The innkeeper there was less friendly then Feldepost, but after a gold piece from the mage, pointed at a table in the corner. At it sat a man dressed in expensive clothing that looked like it had seen better days. He was holding a knife in his hand and looking at it while speaking quietly to himself now and then. It sounded as if he was reciting poetry.[/quote]

He is death come for thee... Bard or just lover of poetry? :) [/quote]

You know, he DOES use magic, so it's entirely possible he's a bard.

[quote] [quote]“I ain’t sure they’ll be still alive when you arrive, but better safe then sorry. One of our girls down in Nashkel spotted Talek Gorionson, long black hair, rather muscled, and the higher ups really want him gone. Especially since we’ve got that fat idiot Mulahey working there. He’s travelin’ with a halfling, two half elves, one of them a druid, a young human girl and a necromancer. So I want you to go down there, like yesterday, and kill them if they’re still alive. Especially the long-haired one.”[/quote]

Why "like yesterday"? Nimbul just came from Nashkel or Tranzig means that the job is urgent? [/quote]

The last one. Heard the term 'like yesterday' in a game and I liked it. Seemed to fit with Tranzig's speech.

[quote] [quote] “He’s one of those that fall into dust when the dark hawk that I am pounces him?”[/quote]

:? What the heck does that mean? :) [/quote]

Bhaalspawn. I assume that all Bhaalspawn fall into golden dust when they die, and sinc eSare has his men out for Bhaalspawn, and Nimbul seems to have had SME succes in the past, I assume he already helped Bhaal on his way to ressurection quite a bit.

[quote] [quote] Jaheira and Montaron’s eyes both lit up as they both prepared a reply, but Talek hadn’t stopped to think and was faster.

“I don’t know any Tazok, slimeball! Now tell me, who killed Gorion?” Talek snarled as he pointed his sword at Mulahey. There was a sigh from the two others as they prepared their weapons.[/quote]

:? Busted... [/quote]

With Talek, there was little hope for anything else.

[quote] [quote] Montaron grinned as he played with his short sword. “Now ye’re talking sense fatty. Spill yer guts then, before we do.”[/quote]

:lol: :mrgreen: Xzar's humor lessons pay well :) [/quote]

Oh, but montaron has some black humour of his own.

[quote] [quote]“That is all I know I swear. please let me go. I’ll never do it again I swear...” He prostated himself on the ground mumbling to himself.[/quote]

That's "prostrated"? (Love that typo... 8) It was somewhere in the game, in Viconia romance IIRC.) [/quote]

Oopsie.. well, if Bioware can make that mistake, so can I.

[quote] [quote] Imoen, who was trying to make out what the half orc was mumbling. [/quote]

Maybe this phrase isn't finished? [/quote]

Hmm... think I originally meant it like that, but now you mention it, it doesn't look that nice.

[quote] [quote]Talek’s blade cut through his wrist and almost completely severed his right hand, causing the weapon powered by Cyric to fade from existence.[/quote]

8) 8) :) Good detail! [/quote]

With Talek, there's plenty of detail that can be given to wounds.

[quote] [quote] Only when he had got quite far into it did it seem to occur to the fleeing humanoid that he had run into a dead end.[/quote]

Maybe instead of "did it seem" it should be "it seemed"? [/quote]

Hmm... not sure, but it seems the sentence could use an overhaul anyway.

[quote] [quote] Falling unto his knees again he brought his remaining hand and stump to his face as he wept. “Please...please have mercy... please.... mercy I...”[/quote]

Ha! Mercy. You bet :twisted: [/quote]

I actually HAD him surrender twce.

[quote] [uote]“Talek, Talek are you there?” Jaheira’s voice sounded worried. Talek and Mulahey’s screams had echoed through the cave. When Jaheira arrived, she flinched instinctively before catching herself. Talek looked almost more like a vision from a nightmare then a human. He was knelt over the dead cleric’s body like he had just bitten him to death, and the blood sprayed face and the teeth that were still showing helped . Even from some distance, it was clear that Talek’s opponent had been badly mangled.[/quote]

Good thing these mines are badly illuminated. The Mulahey's body right now probably is even less appealing sight than it was before :twisted: [/quote]

For anyone but Xzar probably.

[quote] [quote] “Obviously he hoped it would bring him good luck. I could have told him differently, but what would have been the point?” Jaheira gritted her teeth and looked like she’d like to have a good [/quote]

Probably this phrase is unfinished? [/quote]

:cry:

[quote] [quote] “Hey... this is no spell...” Xzar grabbed a scroll and started reading it. “Oooh...more stuff about this Tazok person. Meanie, he’s a big bad meanie that probably tastes nice with some red wine on the side.”[/quote]

Bleurgh! Half-ogre liver (or whatever)! :lol: Xzar sure is mad 8) [/quote]

Speaking from personal experience? ;)

[quote] [quote]Xzar continued to complain. “Stupid people. Just because we Zhentarim have SOME evil plans doesn’t mean they ALL have to be ours.” [/quote]

:) Oops... [/quote]

Oops is right.

[quote] [quote] Jaheira’s quarterstaff hit Talek on the back of the head. It wasnt meant to kill or wound, but to stun. Talek groaned and fell forward.[/quote]

:( Now that Talek won't forgive. [/quote]

If Jaheira had apoligised for her lack of trust, amends MIGHT have been made, but that wasn't to be.

[quote] [quote]And a sword was pressed against her throat by a very angry looking Talek.[/quote]

Oh no... For some people head is just not a vital area... :) [/quote]

Talek is rather thick skulled. (good thing considering his dislike for helmets.)

[quote] (BTW, I've read in "Lady Slings the Booze" that hitting on the back of the head is an ineffective way to knock out. It has chances 4 in 10 to (eventually) kill, but only 1 in 10 to switch the lights off. Of course, Jaheira isn't a monk, she makes mistakes too :) ) [/quote]

Originally I had planned to have her hit the shoulder, but Talek's is armoured there. Still, didn't know that.

[quote] [quote] “You were running at them sword drawn, what was I SUPPOSED to think?”

“You’re supposed to TRUST me. To be on my side. To be someone who DOESN’T look at me like I’m nothing but a bloodthirsty maniac.”[/quote]

Well, her first allegiance is to Khalid anyway. [/quote]

Yes, but she's supposed to trust that he's also on Khalid's side.

[quote] [quote]“SHUT UP!” Talek snarled at Jaheira. “Montaron. Is that true? You’re... you’re a Zhentarim?”[/quote]

Oh. He knows what that means? [/quote]

Hey...it HAPPENS sometimes that Talek has heard of something. Though he probably only knows 'evil organisation' He heard stories of Gorion after all.

[quote] [quote] The shaking of Talek’s arm intensified. His eyes were brimming with tears now. “So.... you’ve all been lying to me... great... JUST BLOODY GREAT!” He wiped his face with his free hand, smearing more blood in his face as he removed a tear. “Who am I supposed to trust now?” He looked at Imoen unconscious form as if hoping she’d help him. “What am I supposed to do now?”[/quote]

:( And right when Immy is unconscious...[/quote]

It's a bad day for the harpers, and for Talek too in a way.

[quote] [quote]“...because you think I’m a murderer. And apparently your oath to isn’t worth THAT much, IS IT?”[/quote]

Probably something after "to" is missing? [/quote]

Gorion. Yes, thank you. :cry:

[[uote] quote]“It is not a m...matter of t...trust Talek. The Harpers have many enemies. If they knew that the p...people around them would be able to t...tell whether someone w...would be a Harper, m...many innocents and uninvolved would suffer.”[/quote]

:? I don't understand his idea. He says, basically, "If Harpers know that they can be identified, then many innocents will suffer". Why? Innocents (relatives, loved ones, etc.) could suffer if Harpers could be identified, yes, but do Harpers know about their "identifiability" or not is irrelevant here. Or not? Seems like now I've made it really confusing :) [/quote]

Ick, I am unclear... No, I meant, if Zhentarim knew that a person close to a harper would KNOW that person is a harper, they'd kidnap and 'interrogate' kin of people who are harpers or suspected harpers to pressure or harm them. Sort of like why Spiderman wears a mask all the time. Still, if it's not clear, I should change it.

[quote] [quote] “Gorion brought you with him after a Harper mission. For some reason the Heralds decided that you had to be raised to grow up a good person, and Gorion volunteered for the mission.” She finished the sentence and stared at Talek. “So, did he succeed?”

The pommel of the sword hit Jaheira in the jaw, hard. [/quote]

:( I hoped that argument will make Talek think... [/quote]

Talek rarely thinks. And what Jaheira says now is putting into question that Talek was 'worthy' of Gorion's parentage. And Talek's reacts very violently on that.

[quote] [quote]“Now that ye’ve been so nice to drop yer weapons, Harper, I don’t see why not.”[/quote]

:?: Yep. That's Monty. And I bet he's not joking, too. [/quote]

Nope... in the dungeons, no questions are asked about corpses.

[quote] [quote]“I’M ASKING THE DAMN QUESTIONS! It’s important to ME. Do you believe I’m a murderer Khalid? And DON’T you bloody DARE to lie!”[/quote]

:roll: Here they go again. They never even bothered to define "murderer", and now Talek wants clear answer. [/quote]

Whatever Khalid's definition is, Talek wants an answer. Problem is that the way Talek looks now, Khalid will be hard pressed to say an honest 'yes'. And an insincere yes can get him killed as quickly as a 'yes' or even an 'I don't know'

[quote] [quote]Khalid looked at Talek. Blood covered, angry eyes, hoarse throat from screaming in rage. “I...”[/quote]

I'm not sure... Can throat be hoarse? Or is it applies to voice only? [/quote]

Hmmm... guess I could make it raw. But some other people say it works. Ah well, 'raw' is more certain.

[quote] [quote]“T...Talek... What... what is going on here?”

At last! Now at least there is some hope it all ends well... [/quote]

At least without corpses.

[quote] Good chapter. I have to say, the revelation was taken much worse than I had anticipated. I hoped Talek will honor Gorion's Harperdom, but alas... And somehow I have a feeling that it all ends not so happily... :([/quote]

As Talek sees it, the Harpers betrayed Gorion by betraying him, so if anything, he'll be extra hard on them, especially these two, in Gorion's name.

Thanks for the review, especially the constructive criticism. :D

#12 Laufey

Posted 20 October 2003 - 10:45 AM

Right, will try. :D

Oh no...not *this* idiot!

Yeah...right. :twisted: I can't wait to see Talek pound this guy into the ground.

At the same time, kilometres to the south, and far underground, in a small cave on a peninsula in the middle of a large underground lake.

“What? You dare come here telling me you haven’t found him? Unworthy mongrels!” The fat half-orc Mulahey threw his gilded goblet at one of the cowering kobolds before him. “These caves aren’t that big. Search and find them. Forget the poisoning, just get...”

He was interrupted by the sound of another kobold entering the cave, yipping loudly. Just as it entered, an arrow caught up with it and ended it’s life with a squeal. As the half-orc rose from his chair and grabbed his large club, 6 people entered his hideout, their arrival accentuated by the thuds of the tallest one’s metal boots. Talek’s eyes immediately went to the leader of the kobolds.

You seem to be switching POV here, from Mulahey to Talek. If you rephrase yourself a little, I think you can make the transition smoother.

“I yield!” The deep voice sounded scared, and the eyes showed that the fear became greater as his opponent ignored his surrender and brought his sword back for a strike.

Somehow I don't think it'll last for long...

“You’ll not have me. You’ll not, YOU’LL NOT!” The half orc yelled in panic at the fallen girl.

Oh no...I can imagine nothing more likely to send Talek into a complete rage, and this is a very bad moment too.

The half-orc screamed as he turned and ran into the cave, with Talek following him. Only when he had got quite far into it did it seem to occur to the fleeing humanoid that he had run into a dead end. Falling unto his knees again he brought his remaining hand and stump to his face as he wept. “Please...please have mercy... please.... mercy I...”

And this, I suspect, is very much a defining moment for Talek's character. Well written, there was plenty of emotion.

Ooops...

There were many things that played a role in Jaheira’s action, and had the situation been different, she might have acted differently. Imoen might have been awake. Talek might not have been covered with blood, with a bloody sword in his hand and his voice still raw from his murderous screams. Talek and Jaheira’s conversation the day before might have ended differently, or not have taken place at all. Montaron might not have tried to cause Jaheira to fall to a trap, so that Talek had protected Montaron from Khalid before. Still, things were as they were.

Ouch...I think Jaheira just made a very bad mistake here. I can't see Talek trusting her again now.

Just as I said. :?

“Thank you for your kind demonstration....” Suddenly, Xzar’s eyes focused and filled with hate and his voice became a mad snarl. “...HARPER!”

And this certainly won't make things better. Now I wonder if Talek will side with Harpers or Zhentarim, or perhaps ditch all of them and leave alone with Imoen.

*wince* Bad move, Jaheira. Very bad.

Imoen had awakened.

Poor Imoen - what a way to wake up! And what a nasty cliffhanger, I hope you'll post the next chapter soon!
Rogues do it from behind.

#13 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 20 October 2003 - 04:15 PM

Right, will try. :D

Thanks.

Oh no...not *this* idiot!

OH, yes.

Yeah...right. :? I can't wait to see Talek pound this guy into the ground.

You seem to be switching POV here, from Mulahey to Talek. If you rephrase yourself a little, I think you can make the transition smoother.

Hmmm, yeah, somlething with the names I guess.

Somehow I don't think it'll last for long...

Heh, in the game it looks a bit odd doesn't it.
Mulahey: Please have mercy
Player: Okay...
Mulahey: HAHA... I fooled you!
(kobolds come out of nowhere)

Sounds almost like a surrealstic game.

Oh no...I can imagine nothing more likely to send Talek into a complete rage, and this is a very bad moment too.

Yep, though there isn't really a RIGHT time to let rage cause you to give in to the taint.

And this, I suspect, is very much a defining moment for Talek's character. Well written, there was plenty of emotion.

Yep. Talek hasn't really 'fallen' , not totally eveil now, but he won't be responding to THAT plea anytime soon anymore.

Ooops...

That's the only word that comes to mind eh? :cry:

Ouch...I think Jaheira just made a very bad mistake here. I can't see Talek trusting her again now.

Nope. Neither can Talek. :D

Just as I said. :D

:cry: This will have plenty of consequences for Talek's path.

And this certainly won't make things better. Now I wonder if Talek will side with Harpers or Zhentarim, or perhaps ditch all of them and leave alone with Imoen.

The thought comes to mind. But the Zhents didn't go as far as the Harpers.

*wince* Bad move, Jaheira. Very bad.

On someone else, that might have worked, but this is just waving a red cloth at a bull.

Imoen had awakened.

Poor Imoen - what a way to wake up! And what a nasty cliffhanger, I hope you'll post the next chapter soon!

Yeah, that'll have things settling down. And I hope so too. Bloody schoolwork.

Thanks for reviewing. :)

#14 Guest_argan_*

Posted 25 October 2003 - 09:49 AM

Hmm, maybe Jaheiras bluntness was actually for the good, who knows? At least its not a lie.

#15 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 25 October 2003 - 10:19 AM

Hmm, this reminds me that we should start peppering Rand with PM:s, he has really left us for too long with this nasty cliffhanger.

Let us give him a 24-hour deadline to post the next chapter... and then... :shock:

#16 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 25 October 2003 - 12:21 PM

eep again...

*starts working*

Sorry people. Real life and my imagination getting ahead of itself slow me down. But I'm aiming to get 23 on later today.

*note to self. Next time, wait for posting a cliffhanger till you have the next story read*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com