Banter Packs V2 Released!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jcompton_*

Posted 22 September 2003 - 12:26 AM

I would like to announce the first release of the Forgotten Wars Banter Packs for Baldur's Gate 2.

It's no secret that one of the most popular, enduring elements of Baldur's Gate 2 is the inter-party dialogue, or "banter", that crops up from time to time, making the characters and gameworld seem more alive.

The Banter Packs add several new banters, representing hundreds of new lines of dialogue, to BG2. No special intervention is required on the part of the player... just go about your business and enjoy the new scenarios as they appear.

Release 1 of the Banter Packs introduces a dozen new dialogues, including two three-way dialogues and a new item invention from Jan Jansen. All but one of the NPCs (Cernd) are represented at least once in a new banter.

Download the Banter Packs from this site. We hope you enjoy.

#2 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 22 September 2003 - 01:01 AM

Release 1 of the Banter Packs introduces a dozen new dialogues, including two three-way dialogues and a new item invention from Jan Jansen. All but one of the NPCs (Cernd) are represented at least once in a new banter.

Why not Cernd? Me wubs my Cernd!

-Blue

#3 Guest_jcompton_*

Posted 22 September 2003 - 01:10 AM

From the FAQ:

Q: Hey! My favorite NPC has no banters/not as many banters as my least favorite NPC! What gives?

A: We didn't have enough good ideas written in time for this release. Maybe we'll get some new ideas, from our muses or from people like you visiting the forum and speaking their mind.

Make me an offer. Or, wait patiently until somebody else comes up with a compelling idea. :twisted:

I'm not married to the concept of making sure that everyone is represented in any sort of "fair" quantity.

#4 Guest_Winter_Bloom_*

Posted 22 September 2003 - 02:45 PM

Is there going to be a mirror site for the download? I can't stand downloading anything from 3D Downloads (even though I've got DSL!), and as I type this there's supposedly 144 people waiting in the queue to get this Mod. Actually, it's the whole silly "wait in the queue" thing that I can't stand, which is why I don't download from there if I can help it. And I want the Banter Pack too, it sounds great. :?:

#5 Guest_jcompton_*

Posted 22 September 2003 - 03:05 PM

Mirrors should be coming online soon, although the wait in the queue will be less than the wait for the mirrors. :?:

The 3DD queue is global (so, all files, not just the one you're interested in DLing) and they've been having their asses kicked by some multi-hundred-megabyte files that went up recently, that's why the wait times are suddenly so out of whack.

#6 Guest_jcompton_*

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:51 PM

...and indeed, UFR mirror is now online.

#7 Guest_Aurelius_*

Posted 24 September 2003 - 06:29 AM

Release 1 of the Banter Packs introduces a dozen new dialogues, including two three-way dialogues and a new item invention from Jan Jansen.

Only one? Heh, but it sure is a nice one, I like it. Puts life in a brand new perspective. ;) Nice going (again), two thumbs up!

#8 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 24 September 2003 - 02:11 PM

I would like to announce the first release of the Forgotten Wars Banter Packs for Baldur's Gate 2.

Finally!

#9 Guest_jcompton_*

Posted 24 September 2003 - 02:40 PM

We'll probably have two more Jan items in the next release. One will be an actual physical version of the item he presents to Valygar in their new banter (in V1, it's just "imagined") and then a new, actually-useful item-making capability.

#10 Guest_jcompton_*

Posted 29 September 2003 - 06:09 AM

V2 now released.

Jan creates two more items (a new ammo type for his crossbow, plus the item he spoke to Valygar about in V1.) Over a dozen new dialogues in total, including a Lilarcor banter. Cernd is now represented (and quite a bit, as it turns out) for those who were worried about that.

#11 Guest_Aurelius_*

Posted 30 September 2003 - 11:02 AM

Got it! What's the experience cap required for Jan to make the new ammo?

#12 Guest_Chantrys_*

Posted 30 September 2003 - 01:39 PM

Looks like 750,000 XP.

#13 Guest_Aurelius_*

Posted 01 October 2003 - 05:47 AM

Looks like 750,000 XP.

Nope, that is for the first item, the one he gives to the PC. I was talking about the new ammo for his crossbbow.

#14 Guest_Kismet_*

Posted 01 October 2003 - 11:24 AM

In v2 the PC's gift got moved to 500k XP and the ammo now comes in at 750k XP.

#15 Guest_Aurelius_*

Posted 02 October 2003 - 06:51 AM

In v2 the PC's gift got moved to 500k XP and the ammo now comes in at 750k XP.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com