Rush Of Blood To The Head, part 5.11.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 17 September 2003 - 01:04 PM

Rush Of Blood To The Head, part 5.11.

Our room in the Drow tavern is immersed in darkness and silence, no sound except for the heavy breathing of the two of us… Neither I, nor Jaheira are sleeping, though - what transpired between us just a little while ago, had been a rather strange experience for us both… something that I feel we should have a talk about and I am slowly sorting out my thoughts and emotions before turning to speak to her.

“Are you sleeping?” I whisper in her ear and then turn to kiss her shoulder. She does not reply, but from the way her body stirs, I know that she is awake.

“Is anything wrong?” I continue to question her, “are you upset about what happened? Please, tell me if something is wrong.”

“Nothing is wrong,” she replies unconvincingly, “well, aside from… you know, before I did not feel you emotionally because of the lack of your soul and now I do not recognize you even physically… it is very confusing and… and because of this the pleasure I usually had from our lovemaking – it is no longer there… what about you?”

“Well… same thing, I must confess… I mean it is good and I want and need it, but it can’t be compared to what it was…” I reply with a tired yawn. It had been a very awkward experience for us both - I know it… I can’t deny it, but during the lovemaking I found it very hard to remember that she is not just some random Drow… and I remember that I also thought of Viconia and whether making love to her would feel the same… I feel ashamed for such thoughts, but in the meantime, I know that I do not crave for Viconia and that is all that matters.

“As if we had not enough reasons to hunt Irenicus, now we also have to do it to restore our sex life back to normal,” she laughs bitterly, “though I don’t think disrupting it was his intent.”

“Indeed,” I am not laughing however, only my hand leisurely slides across her body, “and another thing… I seem to remember that your… err… breasts were larger…”

“Really?” she asks bemused, “I could mention a certain body part of you that also was larger prior to this unfortunate transformation. But since my good manners of conduct were not lost during this change, I will not elaborate on that.”

“Jaheira! I am deeply offended…” I laugh, “Perhaps a change of topic is in order… what were you so contemplative about, when I interrupted you?”

“I was just thinking…” she starts and I know that this will probably be serious…

“Really?”

“Stop that,” she snorts, “this is serious…”

“With you, everything is serious,” I whisper, kissing her earlobe.

“You are so intent on aggravating me, I see,” she disengages form my embrace and whirls around to face me, “I was just thinking about Imoen. We have not paid much attention to her condition, but have left her in Viconia’s hands. You think such course of action wise?”

“Well… I think in her condition there is only one thing that she needs – company. And if Viconia does not protest about it, I see nothing wrong with it. There is nothing much I can help her in coping with the loss of soul… I mean, it is not that I feel those effects directly, like a toothache or a broken arm…” I muse, “It is more like a feeling of incompleteness and desperation… as if I was… hollow. I think the best thing for her is not to be alone, there is no other advice I can think of.”

“I was thinking of other aspects, rather than a lack of soul,” Jaheira interrupts me, “the taint of Bhaal is threatening to take over you and you are doing well to resist it… but what about her? She has the taint as well, have you not considered that she might be similarly lured?”

“I… I haven’t thought of that,” suddenly I feel really stupid and ashamed, “I… gods. You are right… but I think she has only a small fraction of the taint compared to what I have. Still, I have to ask her about… the dreams should be the first indication, I doubt that she will be turning into this… Slayer, anytime soon…”

“Glad that you understand my concern,” Jaheira says softly, “but there is one more thing… I am not sure if Viconia’s influence is… healthy for her. She might encourage Imoen to accept the taint and the power that comes with it…”

“Jaheira… do you really think that Vic would do such thing? After all, she knows what it means to suffer from the hands of Slayer…” I add bitterly, “no, I doubt that, she is not that stupid to play with the fire like that.”

“And what about her influence in… other ways? I mean… she is hardly what I would call an example of morality,” Jaheira frowns, “I am not sure if Imoen will benefit from Viconia’s example and advice in those matters that concern sexuality, for example.”

“Umm… I know that Vic is no angel, but… I would hesitate to call myself or… you a good example of morality…” I try not to sound too sharp and am glad that she does not get angry.

“I see… pot, kettle, black?” she smirks, “I guess you are right… what example can we possibly set for her… it is just that I feel that we are brushing her aside and ignoring her problems, I am not sure if Viconia will be the best mentor for her…”

“I know how you feel, I promise to talk to her about the taint…” I say, fighting back a yawn, “also, I don’t think she is going to like it if you will try and lecture her… in the end you both will be annoyed and frustrated and she will probably do the opposite of what you suggested, just to spite you. She is just like that… and I don’t want you to get annoyed and frustrated, I need you to be in a good mood…”

“Very well… then I shall refrain from interfering,” Jaheira allows herself to be convinced. After a few casual kisses, that usually mean the end of conversation, the room once again falls in silence…

“Awww… is it morning already?” Imoen stretches her limbs, lying in the large bed she shares with Viconia, “Vic? Where are you, Vic?” she raises her head and opens her sleep heavy eyes…

“Stop panicking, I am right here,” Viconia replies calmly as she sits at the small table at the wall of the room and is busy eating. Seeing this, Imoen rises from the bed to join her at the table.

“Why aren’t you eating in the main hall, Vic?” she asks before digging in the deliciously looking contents of the dishes on the tray.

“That would have meant that you have to go there alone later, and I have little doubt that you would pull of a prank that would unmask us immediately,” Viconia growls, “remember not to ask anyone about pink, fluffy bunnies… and no, ice cream is not on the menu and asking for it would not be wise as well.”

“Aww… Vic, I can be serious, really, I can… you don’t trust me?” Imoen makes an exaggerated tearful expression and Viconia just scowls at her, “I remember everything you told me, I won’t get us into a mess, I promise!”

“I certainly hope so. Now, I think I will go for a little walk and see whatever gossip I can pick on,” Viconia muses, “marketplace should make a good start. And afterwards…”

“Afterwards? What about afterwards? Can I come too Vic? Please? Pretty please? Pleasepleasepleaseplease?” Imoen tries her puppy eye gimmick…

“You want to come with me to the pleasure chambers?” Viconia laughs, “I did not expect that from you, child.”

“Hey! Stop calling me that! I am old enough to… err… did you say pleasure chambers?” Imoen blushes.

“Of course. It is exactly the right place to go when you want a good massage or if you want to spend some time with a strong male… or female, depending on your tastes…” Viconia grins mischievously, “so, are you still interested?”

“Umm… err… and what did you plan to do there?” Imoen tries to fight the confusion.

“Hmmm, I think a nice massage will be perfect, we’ll see how things develop from there… so, are you coming or not?”

“I don’t rightly know Vic… I mean those males and females… you have to hire them, right? Pay them money for it, yes? Umm… that doesn’t sound right to me…”

“Right or wrong, who cares… it’s your life and youth to waste away, I intend to do something useful while my body is still young. And if you are waiting for someone special to steal your innocence… pah! I say that special someone will only benefit if you will have some knowledge and experience,” Viconia snorts, “besides, nobody is making you to jump in the bed with someone if you don’t want it. Perhaps I will confine myself only to a nice massage - there is nothing wrong with that or is there? You can come and look at it and join me if you like it, if not – you can always leave…”

“Ummm… I guess so. Ok, I’ll go and see… just…” Imoen blushes and leans closer to Viconia to share a conspiratorial whisper, “just don’t tell a word to Theo… or even worse – Jaheira. She’s gonna skin us alive if she finds out… or maybe not – seems that those two have their own, personal pleasure chambers…”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com