Rush Of Blood To The Head, part 5.10.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 17 September 2003 - 12:51 PM

Rush Of Blood To The Head, part 5.10.

Solaufein and Handmaiden Imrae await us at the same platform as before, it is likely that Phaere has made it back to the city in one piece as for once Imrae’s face expression is not purely murderous and she informs us that Matron Mother is very pleased about our achievement. A slightly apathetic looking Solaufein explains that Phaere awaits us in the tavern and wishes to speak with us.

“She asks for you to come as well, Solaufein. You are all to rest and relax in the tavern as a... reward... for your service,” Imrae says and Solaufein’s shoulders sag immediately.

“But, Handmaiden, I have no wish to –” he weakly protests.

“Do you wish to earn punishment a second time, male?” Imrae’s face expression becomes stony, “You shall obey her wishes. Go to the tavern as soon as possible, male. That is all.”

Solaufein only sighs and joins us in the short walk to the tavern. Phaere is already there, sitting at the largest table, sipping a drink and watching a young drow male being very artistically torn in small pieces by a hungry nabassu in one of the fighting pits. Judging from the predatory smile that twists her beautiful face, she seems to be very pleased about what she sees.

“Ah! So Rindvel arrives at last to greet the female that he rescued so valiantly from the clutches of the filthy illithid!” she addresses me and motions us all to take a seat at the table, Solaufein and I alongside her, Jaheira at my side, of course…

“I suppose I was invisible and uninvolved in that battle,” Solaufein adds sourly.

“I was not speaking to you, Solaufein. When I speak to you, it shall be a command for you to lick my boot. Now keep quiet or you will lose your tongue,” Phaere glares at Solaufein angrily, but as her eyes once again focus upon me, I cannot help but to think of myself as being a prey that is sized up by a predator.

“Ignore Solaufein’s bitterness, Rindvel… this is your time for reward and enjoyment. Mother Ardulace was pleased about your performance – Solaufein’s abilities are well known to her and thus she was glad to learn that you are a warrior of no lesser skill. We at Ust Natha could use one such as you. You seem to be strong and fit enough to survive amongst us - you could have everything you wished for – slaves, fortune and the favor of Lolth. How does this sound?”

Rather shitty, you bitch, is what I think, but “Sounds good,” is what I say instead…

“However, these favors have to be earned, Rindvel,” Phaere grins, “those are not given out lightly – they must be purchased with blood and sacrifice.”

“Ah, another one who’s heart you are going to carve out, Phaere,” Solaufein laughs bitterly, “You will get to that part eventually, won’t you?”

“Silence! You seem to have forgotten, Solaufein that sometimes a reward is worth spending a part of yourself… or everything. You would do well to re-learn that…” Phaere adds meaningfully, “Now, seeing that you are so capable, Rindvel, you and Solaufein have been entrusted with another task to complete for the greater glory of Lolth. But not right away… rest and entertain yourselves for a while. In a few days time, a messenger will inform you when and where our meeting will take place. Do not be late or risk the wrath of Matron Mother.”

Phaere rises from the table and leaves, her gait emphatically alluring as she sways her hips while walking… I throw a brief glance towards her, but I have to confess that her too conspicuous sex appeal is having rather repelling effect on me. Solaufein leaves us the next moment as Phaere has exited through the tavern doors, he looks rather tired and worn out… no doubt thanks to Handmaidens efforts earlier this day…

“I do not like this one little bit,” Jaheira speaks as we have been left alone, “this Phaere is playing some kind of a game with you and I don’t want you to be part of it.”

“I’m afraid if Phaere wants something, she will take that something… or someone,” Viconia interjects, “none of us will have a say in that. It is as simple as that.”

“I don’t think that this is the place for such conversation, there are too many eager ears around – remember we have our own separate wing of the tavern and we can discuss everything we want there,” I add, barely holding back a yawn, “though, I would prefer to hit the sack, instead of talking… we will have time for that afterwards, remember, Phaere said we have a few days to rest…”

Nobody has any objections to my suggestion – the battle itself has not been so tiring, but the traveling around the rocky terrain is grueling and I have no doubt that every one of us wants to rest.

“Ah, another thing, before we all disappear in our rooms…” I speak as we enter the common room of our wing, “I don’t want any of us to walk outside the tavern alone, except for Covinia – I trust that she will not get herself into a mess. It is possible that you are placed into a position when not knowing the local customs and traditions will result in unmasking of our true identities. That means you too, Dewin, actually, that especially means you.”

“That is wise, I would think that there is a lot of risk to blow our cover even here in the tavern, so any of you – do not get into prolonged discussions with the other visitors,” Viconia nods in agreement, “I will do my best to instruct Imoen in Drow customs tonight… what? Why the stupid smile, idiot?”

“Err… nothing, I just remembered an old joke…” I cannot stop smiling, but when I see the thoughtful expression on Jaheira’s face, my smile is erased quickly.

“Well, good thing that you wiped that silly smile from your face, because we are in a dangerous situation here,” Viconia frowns, “Imoen might not be a hopeless case, but the Thaywian is bound to get us in trouble, sooner or later… more likely that sooner… I think we should either tie him up or lock him in his room.”

“What are you talking about, that is preposterous – I am well capable of handling myself,” Edwin snorts, “remember that I know the old art of Thaywian Diplomacy -”

“Oh, by the horns of Silvanus…” Jaheira groans.

“Quickly, grab him!” I shout, “let’s tie him up as Vic proposed!”

However, Edwin is quicker than any of us and he nimbly jumps inside his room and locks the door from inside… As there is nothing else to do, having wished each other good night we retreat to our respective rooms to get some sleep…

“I am worried, you know…” Jaheira speaks, as she sits in front of the large mirror, combing her long, white locks, “I know that I said it before, but I really don’t like where this is going.”

“Yes, you have said that plenty of times already,” I reply slightly annoyed, I don’t want her to drag me into another argument.

“I have done nothing to plant the idea in her head or to encourage her, if that is what you are suggesting,” I add, returning to finish the cleaning of my Ashen scale armor. I have grown to love the flexible, gray wyvern scale armor – it is so light that it did not take too long for me to adjust to its slightly heavier weight compared to my beloved leather armor… it is indeed a lovely gift that I picked up in Bodhi’s lair in Athkatla.

“I… no, it is not fair on you, I know,” Jaheira sighs, “it is just… here we are, transformed into drow, up to the point when we can barely recognize each other and… and now there is another woman setting her eyes upon you and I… I simply have to watch, without being able to interfere. I am not used to this.”

“I know… but realize that I felt similarly when you spoke with Solaufein,” I reply, “perhaps what you said was necessary, but I still felt rather… well, it hurt quite a bit.”

“I guess we are both of the jealous sort,” Jaheira smiles, rising from the chair and coming over to join me on the floor where I sit, polishing my armor.

“Cleaned it already?” she points at her plate mail, the pale pink colored Doomplate is just one of the useful items we gathered from the Spellhold maze, “missed a spot here… and here… and another one there… you are getting sloppy, beloved… or perhaps you are having thoughts that… distract you?” she grins.

I put my armor aside to look at her… she may not look like Jaheira, but she is very beautiful and when I look in her eyes and listen to her voice… she is Jaheira… and I desire her… I can’t deny it.

“We both want it,” I reply with certainty, “at least, we both want to try it… what do you say?”

“I think the sooner we get over it, the better,” she smiles back at me.

As we embrace and our lips join in a deep kiss, I feel odd, but pleasant sensations as her body presses against mine… I have to maintain the eye contact with her for the whole time, not to forget who the woman I am kissing really is… She stops me as I start to pull off her tunic…

“Perhaps… it would be better if you would put out the light,” she whispers.

“No, Jaheira… I can’t – I need to see you, your eyes and I need to hear your voice too… I need to know that it is you and I must not forget it for a second,” I whisper back to her.

In reply she only smiles wearily and allows me to gather her in my arms and carry to the bed. For some odd reason my heart is beating just as loud and uncontrollable as during our first time together…

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com