Happily Ever After: Chapter 14

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 07 September 2003 - 05:39 AM

Chapter 14: A Letter To Solaufein

Rivian sat in her room, thinking about the recent days events. Several incidents passed through her mind but most of all, her thoughts hovered around Solaufein and their night of passion. Her brows kneaded together into a small frown on her fair face and her hands clung tightly over the emotions stirred from the memory.

Solaufein was a dear friend to her, and perhaps somewhere in her heart, she valued him more than a friend. She could not be certain. Solaufein loved her dearly, and his affections had started several decades ago, even before she married Anomen. His devotion had touched her heart, and she suspected that it was one of the reasons that contributed her acceptance of his affections and for her momentary weakness that contributed to their night of passion.

It should never have happened. Its wrong. I don't even know what I want anymore. I would have hurt him even more. What am I supposed to do now?

Anomen had just passed away several months ago. A part of him still lived in her heart and she would never forget him. How could she love another when her heart was already given away? What kind of woman would love another when her husband still lay warm in the grave? What would the children say? What about her kinsman? She had experienced a taste of disapproval from the elf she met earlier, and it bothered her more than she would admit.

She shook her head in disapproval of herself. She could ignore what others may say if she accepts Solaufein, but she knew she would not be able to ignore what her children would think of her. She wondered if she loved Solaufein enough to draw strength from their bond. They would have so many obstacles in their path.

Rivian was not a coward. Her heritage and marriage with Anomen had brought them legendary obstacles but they had overcome them with their love. Could she do the same with Solaufein? Did she even love Solaufein, or that she was doing it out of friendship or pity?

Her frown deepened at the thought of pitying Solaufein. She knew, of all the excuses she could make up to explain that night, Pity was the worst of all.

"No. Solaufein deserves so much more. I cannot offer him what he needs. I cannot... not until I know where my heart lies... Forgive me, my dearest friend."

She had already made up her mind and suddenly she was able to breath easier and her thoughts straightened out on their own. She knew what she needed to do before the whole situation got out of hand-to leave Solaufein.

=========================

Solaufein found a letter in Rivian's room the next day. It was addressed to him. His fingers trembled as he held the letter. He knew only too well what would be written inside. He had entered Rivian's room only to find that she was already gone. Her backpack and weapons were gone, everything in the room was in order. He knew that she had left him.

He felt the letter with his ebony fingers, his heart was already hurting even before he read the letter. He knew there would be no miracle-Rivian had left him. Finally curiosity got the better of him. He needed to know the reason. He wanted to know if she had loved him.

Gradually, his fingers lifted the cover of the envelope and pulled out the delicate paper. He braced himself for the worst and flipped open the letter.

Dearest Solaufein,

No words can express how sorry I am to leave without biding you goodbye. I am deeply sorry for choosing this path. The truth is that I would have hurt you even more if I chose to stay with you. That, my heart cannot bear. I have told you more than once that you are dear to me. That night of passion brought comfort to my grieve and warmth to my soul, I would never forget that. You sacrificed the security of your feelings, exposed your heart and your vulnerability to me. I would be remiss if I did not tell you how much my heart was swayed by your sincerity and that your warmth had brought me out of my grieve.

Despite that night, I knew that it had happened too soon and too sudden. I am not ready for our bond and unsure of my heart. My dearest friend, know that you will always have a special place in my heart. For all the sacrifices you made for me, the friendship and care you had bestowed upon me and most of all, for the love you held for me, I have found the courage to live my life till my Time comes. I will not allow my soul to sink into darkness nor will I shorten my life with my will again. You have given me the strength to face the challenges of Life again.

A part of me wants to stay with you as my heart greatly desires so. But I fear that I am not ready to do so. To do otherwise is to be unfair to you and I cannot bear that. I cannot bear to hurt you anymore than I already have. I'm sorry, my friend. I truly am. Your presence intrigued me and proved to be an irresistable temptation that would be wrong and unfair to you. I am unworthy of your affections if I cannot give my heart in whole.

I believe we will meet again as Fate decreed. Please accept my ring as token of my appreciation and in memory of the times we spent together. Till then, please take care of yourself.

- Rivian Delryn

Solaufein turned the envelope and found a small golden band within. It was an elegant ring, imprinted with a few elven runes that granted the ring wearer with light protective magic. A single emerald as green as Rivian's eyes was the only jewel in the ring. The name of Rivian was engraved in the inner band of the ring. It was an appropriate gift to remind Solaufein of Rivian, as this ring was thoroughly personalised as Rivian's.

Solaufein held the ring fondly in his palms, and after a few moments of fiddling, he slipped the ring into his ring finger. The magical ring fitted itself around his fingers.

"Till we meet again, my lovely Rivian," he gazed dreamily at his hand and murmured to himself.

#2 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 08 September 2003 - 05:29 AM

Solaufein was a dear friend to her, and perhaps somewhere in her heart, she valued him more than a friend. She could not be certain. Solaufein loved her dearly, and his affections had started several decades ago, even before she married Anomen. His devotion had touched her heart, and she suspected that it was one of the reasons that contributed her acceptance of his affections and for her momentary weakness that contributed to their night of passion.

If he's willing to wait 6 decades for her, i think there can be no doubt about his feelings.

She had already made up her mind and suddenly she was able to breath easier and her thoughts straightened out on their own. She knew what she needed to do before the whole situation got out of hand-to leave Solaufein.

Her life is a mess.

Gradually, his fingers lifted the cover of the envelope and pulled out the delicate paper. He braced himself for the worst and flipped open the letter.

The letter of doom.

"Till we meet again, my lovely Rivian," he gazed dreamily at his hand and murmured to himself.

He's a patient man, time is on his side

Hunter

#3 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 09 September 2003 - 02:42 AM

thank you Hunter. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com