Where you let your senses go
Clowns all around you
It’s a cross I need to bear

All this black and cruel despair
This is an emergency
Don’t you hide your eyes from me
Open them and see me now

-Clowns, t.A.T.u.

It was a fair of sorts. A large circus tent surrounded by clowns and carnival games. Shanka already had a lollipop the size of her head. She grinned cheekily and gave it to Anomen, who looked a little confused. Yoshimo ended up with the teddy bear she won throwing darts. Minsc and Shanka had great fun playing carnival games, which the Rashemite won constantly.

Salvanas and Viconia wandered off on their own, perusing the shops and walking down the rows of games.

“I don’t think I’ll ever understand rivven,” the drow mused, watching several humans try their lot at a game.

“Oh, c’mon, Vic,” Salvanas replied, “It’s fun.”

With that, the elf led her over to one of the aforementioned stands. He gave the bulky human behind it a copper and was given three large balls made of leather.

“See, you try to knock those jars off the stand,” the elf explained, “If you do, you get a prize.”

He pointed at the rows of stuffed animals hanging from all corners of the stand. Then he wound up and threw one of the balls at the bottles. Two of them flew off the table, one remained where it was, vibrating, curiously enough.

Viconia smirked, taking one of the remaining objects from Salvanas and hurling it at the remaining bottle. It shattered, the top of it falling off, but the bottom remaining on the table. She quirked one snowy eyebrow at the elf. The man behind the hand looked guiltily at the half-smashed bottle. It was quite obvious it had been glued to the table.

“Well, Vic,” Salvanas said, grinning from ear to ear, “Which one do you want?”

The drow looked relatively amused and pointed to one…a stuffed animal…a stuffed spider to be exact.

“Hey!” the human man ranted, “You didn’t knock that last bottle all the way off, you don’t get anything!”

Viconia gave Salvanas a rather wicked little smile, “I want my prize, jhasin. What are you going to do about it?”

The elf grinned back, then turned, vaulting over the counter and toward the stuffed animal of Viconia’s choosing. The merchant tried to push him away, but Salvanas was an elf on a mission. He was going to get that stuffed animal, if he had to fight for it. Salvanas darted around the man, snatched the toy from the shelf, and leapt back over the counter.

“Your toy, my lady,” the elf said, bowing deeply. The drow grinned with amusement.

“Wouldn’t you like to carry it for me, jaluk?” she continued.

Salvanas smirked, “Of course.”

They walked off, the merchant running after them, only to see the human collapse in the middle of the street when Viconia hurled the last leather ball at him.

Yet another battle found the leadership of the Copper Coronet completely overturned. Vexk and her brethren had aided Hendak in the decimation of the guards and Lethinan. Hendak and Kierlanni had taken control of the inn, and given a share of the loot they had found to Vexk and Jaheira for aiding him and the other slaves. The animals that Kierl had brought from the pits were sprawled out on the floor or various items of furniture and fed. The minotaur kept a loose control over them, confident that eventually they would become comfortable with the presence of humans.

Now, Vexk sat in an over-large armchair in front of the fire, talking to Kierl and attempting to choke down some vile concoction Jaheira had ordered her to drink.

Agrei trotted over and jumped up beside her, sprawling out on her lap. She ruffled his ears.

I have something for you, little sister, the alpha wolf said, It is around my neck.

The half-elf reached down and removed a necklace from Agrei’s ruff. It was a fine silver chain, with a pendant of an oak-leaf in silver and green enamel. Along with the pendant was a gold ring, a similar oak-leaf pattern enameled on it. Tears filled the lycanthrope’s eyes, spilling down her cheeks. She recognized the design, Yaera had made it. She opened the clasp on the side, opening it to find a picture. The two of them.

She made it for you, packsister. Firspar found it when they cleaned out her house. He said she meant for you to have it. That she was going to ask you….before she… the wolf abandoned his words in sorrow.

Vexkanthi slipped it around her neck, smiling slightly. The lycanthrope excused herself and headed upstairs to her room. Where she collapsed on the bed and thought of days long past.

“Vexk…” someone knocked on the door. There was no answer. Jaheira slowly opened the door, afraid of what she might find. The druid gave an inaudible sigh of relief when she saw the half-elf lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Vexk…she had been crying? Jaheira walked over, sitting on the edge of the bed.

“What’s wrong?” the druid asked.

“Agrei…he brought me,” the lycanthrope let out a rattling breath, “He brought me something that Yaera had made for me before she died. It…It just brought it all back.”

Vexk showed Jaheira the locket. Jaheira was surprised, every time in the past that the lycanthrope had spoken of Yaera, there had been such bitterness and hurt in her voice, now there was naught but peace, a kind of sad acceptance. The druid smiled.

“So that’s her,” Jaheira mused, “She’s very beautiful.”

The lycanthrope nodded, a sad smile appearing on her face, “I loved her very much.”

And she died because of what I am…just like Khalid…

Viconia and Salvanas sat together on the edge of a fountain in Waukeen’s Promenade. The latter had taken off his boots and rolled up his pant-legs, and put his feet in the water. Salvanas had been thinking for a long time, of everything they had been through. He smiled, knowing that it was all worth it.

Ruby eyes met blue, and they both smiled. His hand reached out, pushing back the hood she always wore, and they kissed for the first time in months. Neither pulled away for quite some time. They had just paused when someone shoved them roughly, causing both of them to tumble into the fountain.

Salvanas got up first, helping the drow to her feet.

“Are you alright?” he asked quickly.

“Yes,” she replied, eyes burning with anger.

A human man stood before them, outside of the fountain, with a sneer forming on his visage, “EVERYONE! SEE THE FACE OF TRUE EVIL BEFORE US!! A DROW ELF!!”

Salvanas leapt out of the fountain, pausing for a moment to make sure Viconia was coming. He clenched his fists.

“Leave her alone, human!” Salvanas snarled, anger surging through his lean form.

“I SHALL CLEANSE THIS DEVIL FROM OUR MIDST!! AAAAHHHH!!” the human shouted, drawing a dagger from his belt and running for the sodden drow.

Salvanas tackled him. The two struggled on the ground. The man grinned wickedly and drove his dagger down, into the elf’s shoulder. Salvanas roared in pain, his fist colliding solidly with the human’s face. The elf rolled backwards until he was out of the human’s reach, leaping to his feet.

“I’ll kill you, elf,” the man snarled, “And then I’ll kill her. The elven race *will* be scoured from Faerun.”

Salvanas said nothing, simply drawing his sword. An elegant elven blade, with delicate script down the side of the cool metal. The human lunged forward, only to loose an awful scream before the pillar of flame that came from the sky engulfed him.

Then Viconia was there, pushing the elf towards the fountain.

“Sit,” she ordered, her tone making it clear that she would hear no arguments about it.

He obeyed, remaining silent as she drew the blade out of his shoulder and wrapped the wound tightly with cloth, as she no more energy for spells that day.

“Foolish bastard,” Viconia snapped, “You could have gotten yourself killed. I am more than able to take care of myself.”

“I…” he started.

She sighed, then gave a slight smile, “I know. You’re still a wael.”

They kissed again.

“Little SHANKA! The boy says his mother is trapped inside! Minsc and Boo cannot allow it! CHAAARRGGEE!” the Rashemite berserker ran past the guard.

Anomen and Yoshimo watched as Shanka’s eyes lit up not un-maniacally.

“YEAH!” the half-elf shouted, sprinting after Minsc and drawing her short-swords at the same time.

The thief and the cleric looked at each other and shook their heads at the same time, then, they too followed.

Well, hope ya liked it,
H’kira the Wolf

#2 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 31 August 2003 - 02:45 PM

It was a fair of sorts. A large circus tent surrounded by clowns and carnival games. Shanka already had a lollipop the size of her head. She grinned cheekily and gave it to Anomen, who looked a little confused. Yoshimo ended up with the teddy bear she won throwing darts. Minsc and Shanka had great fun playing carnival games, which the Rashemite won constantly.

LOL, I hope Sir Ryan Trawl and Prelate Vessalen didn't see Anomen carrying a huge lollipop... :P

Viconia smirked, taking one of the remaining objects from Salvanas and hurling it at the remaining bottle. It shattered, the top of it falling off, but the bottom remaining on the table. She quirked one snowy eyebrow at the elf. The man behind the hand looked guiltily at the half-smashed bottle. It was quite obvious it had been glued to the table.

GRR! A fraud, get him! :)

The drow looked relatively amused and pointed to one…a stuffed animal…a stuffed spider to be exact.

But of course. :twisted:

They walked off, the merchant running after them, only to see the human collapse in the middle of the street when Viconia hurled the last leather ball at him.

With her DEX she's a good slinger... no wonder she can throw those balls like noone else. :D

The half-elf reached down and removed a necklace from Agrei’s ruff. It was a fine silver chain, with a pendant of an oak-leaf in silver and green enamel. Along with the pendant was a gold ring, a similar oak-leaf pattern enameled on it. Tears filled the lycanthrope’s eyes, spilling down her cheeks. She recognized the design, Yaera had made it. She opened the clasp on the side, opening it to find a picture. The two of them.

Awww... :P ...maybe she will get herself another locket... y'know that one from the merchant in Docks district... :shock:

The lycanthrope nodded, a sad smile appearing on her face, “I loved her very much.”

And she died because of what I am…just like Khalid…

:P They both have certainly a lot to grieve about... hmm...

Ruby eyes met blue, and they both smiled. His hand reached out, pushing back the hood she always wore, and they kissed for the first time in months. Neither pulled away for quite some time. They had just paused when someone shoved them roughly, causing both of them to tumble into the fountain.

Hey! Who DARES? :twisted:

A human man stood before them, outside of the fountain, with a sneer forming on his visage, “EVERYONE! SEE THE FACE OF TRUE EVIL BEFORE US!! A DROW ELF!!”

GRRR! I hate elf-haters! Get him!

“I’ll kill you, elf,” the man snarled, “And then I’ll kill her. The elven race *will* be scoured from Faerun.”

Because of filth like him, it already almost is scoured... :(

They kissed again.

Hehe... that's sweet. :P

“Little SHANKA! The boy says his mother is trapped inside! Minsc and Boo cannot allow it! CHAAARRGGEE!” the Rashemite berserker ran past the guard.

Hehe... I guess it is time for Aerie to make her appearance... hmm... :)

#3 Laufey

Posted 31 August 2003 - 07:18 PM

“Well, Vic,” Salvanas said, grinning from ear to ear, “Which one do you want?”

Ah, of course. :wink:

I have something for you, little sister, the alpha wolf said, It is around my neck.

She made it for you, packsister. Firspar found it when they cleaned out her house. He said she meant for you to have it. That she was going to ask you….before she… the wolf abandoned his words in sorrow.

*sniff* This was my favorite part of the chapter. Very sad. :wink:

Ah gods, not *him*.

“YEAH!” the half-elf shouted, sprinting after Minsc and drawing her short-swords at the same time.

The thief and the cleric looked at each other and shook their heads at the same time, then, they too followed.

Oh no...Shanka, whatever you do, just kill that ogre!
Rogues do it from behind.

#4 Weyoun

Posted 31 August 2003 - 09:17 PM

With that, the elf led her over to one of the aforementioned stands. He gave the bulky human behind it a copper and was given three large balls made of leather.

“See, you try to knock those jars off the stand,” the elf explained, “If you do, you get a prize.”

Awww, no 'dunk the paladin' games? :wink:

Now that's really awwwwww....

“Your toy, my lady,” the elf said, bowing deeply. The drow grinned with amusement.

“Wouldn’t you like to carry it for me, jaluk?” she continued.

LOL! Nice move! And Vic gets a cute toy out of the deal. :wink:

Yet another battle found the leadership of the Copper Coronet completely overturned. Vexk and her brethren had aided Hendak in the decimation of the guards and Lethinan. Hendak and Kierlanni had taken control of the inn, and given a share of the loot they had found to Vexk and Jaheira for aiding him and the other slaves. The animals that Kierl had brought from the pits were sprawled out on the floor or various items of furniture and fed. The minotaur kept a loose control over them, confident that eventually they would become comfortable with the presence of humans.

Laska : Does Vexk still have a thing for tattooed elves?

Rose : *angry* Vexk! Find a tattooed elf of your own! *scowls* :wink:

“Agrei…he brought me,” the lycanthrope let out a rattling breath, “He brought me something that Yaera had made for me before she died. It…It just brought it all back.”

*sniff*

LAska : She's in Arvandor now. You'll see her again someday.

“Are you alright?” he asked quickly.

“Yes,” she replied, eyes burning with anger.

Oh, great, another fanatic with a stick up his ass.

Laska : *hands her icecream to Rose, calmly walks over to the fanatic, breaks his neck with one twist, spits on the corpse, then walks back to Rose to finish the rest of her icecream... only to end up scowling at Rose who has managed to guzzle it all down while Laska was gone* :lol:

“Foolish bastard,” Viconia snapped, “You could have gotten yourself killed. I am more than able to take care of myself.”

“I…” he started.

They kissed again.

Awww...

Well, hope ya liked it,
H’kira the Wolf

I did! Great stuff,
---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#5 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 01 September 2003 - 02:11 PM

I'm not sure she quite grasps the concept.

No surprise there.

They make a cute couple. :)

Ruby eyes met blue, and they both smiled.

I am not really sure what eye-colour viconia has. In the game it says that they are dark, but drow are supposed to have red eyes i think.

It dosn't have to be a drow elf, any elf will do for him.

“I SHALL CLEANSE THIS DEVIL FROM OUR MIDST!! AAAAHHHH!!” the human shouted, drawing a dagger from his belt and running for the sodden drow.

It's an interesting situation in the game, if viconia attacks the man when he becomes hostile, the guard will become hostile as well, but if you prevent it, he will kill the stupid man instead.

Woe to those who stand in his way. ;)

Anomen and Yoshimo watched as Shanka’s eyes lit up not un-maniacally.

I like them already.
Well, hope ya liked it,
H’kira the Wolf

Loved it

Hunter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com