When Wolves Cry 5

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 24 August 2003 - 02:24 AM

Hey guys. Well, between moving into college (I am now a freshman at Syracuse University) and my computer refusing to post on Thursday and the virus rapidly spreading around the campus I’ve been in quite a predicament. I am in dire need of sleep at this point, so I’m going to post. I’ll probably reply a bit tonight, and finish up tomorrow. Love you all,
H’kira n’ the Wolf

When Wolves Cry: part 5

Evil eyes behind their smiles
You swallow it up with sincerity lies
And lock me up, label dangerous files
For the unknown, so you’re scared of my style
I’m a depressed, in addressed the states
Of emergency with a crew you love to hate

First mistake you were never ready
Dance with the dead, better be ten times more deadly
This is me, I’m always the same.
Virus in the system, crash the mainframe
Uprise, now fall in line
Roll with the pack or get left behind

-Masterpiece Conspiracy, P.O.D.

Vexk remained silent as the dark emotions rolled over her. She didn’t admit it, but she was weak. The blood loss had taken its toll, even after Jaheira’s healing, and the druid kept eyeing her worriedly. More than once Jaheira had asked her how she was feeling. And for the first time since her attempted suicide, Vexk was ashamed.

Ashamed that she could have done such a thing, even in her lowest of moments. Shamed that she could have done such a thing to the people she loved. Especially now that they needed all the help they could get to retrieve Imoen. But nothing compared to the self-loathing she felt every time she saw the sorrow in Jaheira’s eyes. She had hurt the druid, and for that, she hated herself even more.

Sorrow…Forgiveness…

She managed a slight smile as the strange force attempted to comfort her. Soon they were at the pits, down in them. And she saw it. The creature, she was sure of it, the one that she could feel in her mind.

It was odd looking. Almost canine, but yet, not, in some primal fashion. The beast was pure muscle, steely tendons rippling under its coat as it trotted towards her, peering at her quizzically. Its head was like that of a canine’s, but blockier, its jaw more powerful. Its front legs were slightly longer than its hind legs. The creature yawned, and she saw rows of wicked fangs to rival any wolf’s. The beast’s coat was a dusky yellow, with black spots. Dark eyes peered into her gray and she could sense the fierce intelligence the creature possessed.

“A hyena,” Jaheira breathed, taking a cautious step forward. Vexk crouched down to its level, cocking her head to one side and growling lowly. The hyena did the same, but rather than growl…it laughed, the same barking laughter she had heard before. She jumped, causing the hyena to look at her oddly.

Despite Jaheira’s warning, the lycanthrope moved closer, cautiously reaching out and touching the animal. It peered into her eyes yet again. She ran here fingers over its spotted hide, finding numerous scars and abrasions. One of the hyena’s legs was deeply cut.

“Jae,” she beckoned. The druid came over and quickly healed the beast. It nodded toward a door and growled.

“Very well, my brother,” Vexk said, heading in.

“Vic,” Salvanas said, knocking on the door. He walked in and took her hand, leading her out the door.

“Are you crazy, jhasin?” she managed as she was yanked after him.

“Quite!” he returned with a wide grin, “Let’s go to the circus, Vic.”

They were at the door to the Copper Coronet quickly.

“You are insane,” the drow replied, rolling her eyes.

“Come on, Shanks!” Salvanas shouted as he ran out the door, Viconia in tow. The red-haired half-elf leapt out of her chair, grinning from ear to ear.

“Let’s go guys!” Shanka hollered, grabbing both Yoshimo and Anomen, and running after Salvanas.

Vexk hadn’t expected the door to lock behind her.

“What have we here?” asked the beastmaster as he turned around, “Brought me another little pet to play with, Haalan?”

The hyena snarled, baring fangs. Vexk found herself doing the same.

“You’ll have to forgive him,” the man continued, “He is ever so fond of trying to escape. Now I’ll have to punish him, and you as well, my dear.”

The beastmaster lashed out with his whip, catching Vexk’s shoulder and yanking, causing the lycanthrope to fall. No sooner than she hit the ground, Vexk shifted, darting around the whip as it descended again. She couldn’t get close enough. Haalan growled and snarled at her side, every so often lunging at the beastmaster only to be driven back by the whip.

Vexk changed, holding the mid-shift. The whip came out again, wrapping around her forearm, she pulled, ignoring how the lash bit into her flesh. And as the beastmaster fell, Haalan darted forth, all the power in his body called forth to end the one who had caged him. There was an awful scream as steely jaws wrapped around the man’s head, one horrible crack, and it was over.

The lycanthrope shifted back, noting in disgust that her wounds were not healing and there was blood running the length of her arm. As the thrill of battle wore off, she felt more than a little dizzy, and slid into a sitting position against the wall.

Haalan nudged her gently, becoming worried when she didn’t respond. The hyena darted to the beastmaster, pulling a key out of the man’s pocket. He pushed it under one of the cell doors. There was a moment of harsh laughter, a click, and the one caged in that stall walked out, bellowing his newfound freedom to the world.

The minotaur strode out of the darkness like a terrible behemoth. Almost against his will, a single tear rolled down his broad face. He stretched his powerful frame, too long imprisoned in such a tiny cage. His fur was a dark blue-black, thin stripes of white fur that covered his scars trailing over his massive torso. Those dark eyes scanned the surroundings, eyeing with satisfaction the broken form of the beastmaster before sighting the half-elf who had collapsed against the wall.

Haalan looked up at him, eyes asking an unspoken question. The minotaur pondered it for a moment before speaking, “As you wish, little brother, for the kindnesses you have shown me.”

The monster reached down, drawing a heavy chain from the beastmaster’s pouch and placing it on his own neck. The holy symbol sent tingles down his spine.

The hyena yowled at him, baring fangs.

“By Tempus’ blade, beast, you are impatient,” the minotaur rumbled, striding over to the half-elf. He laid his hands on her arm, invoking strange words that Haalan could not follow. There was a flare of brilliant light, and the lycanthrope was whole again. Haalan growled again, nodding toward the door. The minotaur chuckled wryly, scooping up the raven-haired half-elf in his arms and kicking down the door.

He was immediately confronted by a very angry looking woman.

“Put her down,” another half-elf snarled, her hands beginning to glow an eerie green.

The minotaur laughed, “You thin-hides are so easy to rile. I healed your little shifter on Halaan’s account as he gives her credit for my freedom. Do not tempt me to violence after an act of kindness.”

The half-elf took the shifter from him, sitting herself and the unconscious half-elf on the floor.

“Who are you?” the half-elf asked.

“My name is Kierlanni Daedran, and I am a master of beasts,” the minotaur replied, peering at her with his dark eyes, “You may call me Kierl.”

The hyena skulked out of the shadows, pausing at the Jaheira’s side and offering Vexk a worried glance.

“If you will excuse me, I must free the creatures,” Kierl rumbled, “As well as a friend of hers, I believe.”

The minotaur turned and strode back into the dark corridor.

“Vexk,” Jaheira shook the lycanthrope…those cold gray eyes snapped open and Vexk groaned.

“Second time I’ve felt like this in one day,” Vexk mused, leaning back against the druid, “I’m never moving again.”

Just then, a shape raced from the darkness, over to her side. A wolf, proud and tall, his gray fur matted and thin from his time in the pits. He bore new scars, but the same amused look. Agrei flashed a wolf-grin and pounced on his packsister, licking her face, just as she let out a cry of surprise and wrapped her arms around his furry neck.

Come, packsister, let us finish what you have begun, the wolf beckoned. The half-elf flashed a wolf-grin in return and stood, albeit shakily. Jaheira stood as well, placing a hand on each of the lycanthrope’s shoulders. The druid chanted for a moment and Vexk felt strength returning to her.

“Thank you, Jae,” Vexk said. The druid scowled.

“Run along, but when this is over I expect you to get some rest,” Jaheira ordered. The lycanthrope nodded as she melted into a sleek other form. The black she-wolf’s gray eyes flashed dangerously as she trotted after her packleader.

“Shifter!” Kierlanni bellowed as he strode from the cells. The wolf whirled and caught the key he threw to her.

The two wolves disappeared into the labyrinth of halls, a druid close behind them. The hyena yowled something at Kierl and the minotaur nodded. Summoning the caged beasts to him, he followed.

Hope ya liked it,
H'kira n' the Wolf

#2 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 24 August 2003 - 07:11 AM

Vexk remained silent as the dark emotions rolled over her. She didn’t admit it, but she was weak. The blood loss had taken its toll, even after Jaheira’s healing, and the druid kept eyeing her worriedly. More than once Jaheira had asked her how she was feeling. And for the first time since her attempted suicide, Vexk was ashamed.

Ashamed that she could have done such a thing, even in her lowest of moments. Shamed that she could have done such a thing to the people she loved. Especially now that they needed all the help they could get to retrieve Imoen. But nothing compared to the self-loathing she felt every time she saw the sorrow in Jaheira’s eyes. She had hurt the druid, and for that, she hated herself even more.

Yep, that's how one would feel after an attempt on suicide... shame would be the dominant feeling. :)

“A hyena,” Jaheira breathed, taking a cautious step forward. Vexk crouched down to its level, cocking her head to one side and growling lowly. The hyena did the same, but rather than growl…it laughed, the same barking laughter she had heard before. She jumped, causing the hyena to look at her oddly.

Hehe. Hyena's are odd canine's, are they not? I always thought they look a bit... amusing. :D

Despite Jaheira’s warning, the lycanthrope moved closer, cautiously reaching out and touching the animal. It peered into her eyes yet again. She ran here fingers over its spotted hide, finding numerous scars and abrasions. One of the hyena’s legs was deeply cut.

GRRR! Get those animal abusers! :?

Hmm? Do you *really* want to go to circus?

“Let’s go guys!” Shanka hollered, grabbing both Yoshimo and Anomen, and running after Salvanas.

Hmm, I wonder whom Shanka is going to romance... if she is going to do that at all?

“You’ll have to forgive him,” the man continued, “He is ever so fond of trying to escape. Now I’ll have to punish him, and you as well, my dear.”

We'll just see about that, bastard! :D

Vexk changed, holding the mid-shift. The whip came out again, wrapping around her forearm, she pulled, ignoring how the lash bit into her flesh. And as the beastmaster fell, Haalan darted forth, all the power in his body called forth to end the one who had caged him. There was an awful scream as steely jaws wrapped around the man’s head, one horrible crack, and it was over.

*pets hyena* (I hope its safe) :)

The lycanthrope shifted back, noting in disgust that her wounds were not healing and there was blood running the length of her arm. As the thrill of battle wore off, she felt more than a little dizzy, and slid into a sitting position against the wall.

Did she and Jae got seperated? I think you need to make this a bit clearer.

Haalan looked up at him, eyes asking an unspoken question. The minotaur pondered it for a moment before speaking, “As you wish, little brother, for the kindnesses you have shown me.”

Yay! A friendly minotaur, what a cute twist! :)

“By Tempus’ blade, beast, you are impatient,” the minotaur rumbled, striding over to the half-elf. He laid his hands on her arm, invoking strange words that Haalan could not follow. There was a flare of brilliant light, and the lycanthrope was whole again. Haalan growled again, nodding toward the door. The minotaur chuckled wryly, scooping up the raven-haired half-elf in his arms and kicking down the door.

A minotaur-cleric, no less!

“Put her down,” another half-elf snarled, her hands beginning to glow an eerie green.

The minotaur laughed, “You thin-hides are so easy to rile. I healed your little shifter on Halaan’s account as he gives her credit for my freedom. Do not tempt me to violence after an act of kindness.”

Hehe! Jae is such a hot-headed at times! :)

“Second time I’ve felt like this in one day,” Vexk mused, leaning back against the druid, “I’m never moving again.”

Awww, that's the illness getting worse, yes? :cry:

The two wolves disappeared into the labyrinth of halls, a druid close behind them. The hyena yowled something at Kierl and the minotaur nodded. Summoning the caged beasts to him, he followed.

Jae should shift too, would make for a nice pack of wolves... :)

#3 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 24 August 2003 - 02:54 PM

[quote]Hey guys. Well, between moving into college (I am now a freshman at Syracuse University) and my computer refusing to post on Thursday and the virus rapidly spreading around the campus I’ve been in quite a predicament. I am in dire need of sleep at this point, so I’m going to post. I’ll probably reply a bit tonight, and finish up tomorrow. Love you all,
H’kira n’ the Wolf
[/quote]

Ahh yes, don't we just all love the virus programmers! We ought to honour them by arranging a large funeral fire and burn them all alive, and transmit it live on cnn.

And for the first time since her attempted suicide, Vexk was ashamed.
[/quote]

Then jahaira has succededm, she's good at making people feel that way.

[quote]
“Vic,” Salvanas said, knocking on the door. He walked in and took her hand, leading her out the door.
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Good thing that there aren't any who witnessed that.

[quote]
Hope ya liked it,
H'kira n' the Wolf[/quote]

It was abit confusing

Hunter

#4 Laufey

Posted 24 August 2003 - 03:50 PM

This was my favorite part of the chapter. I've never been actively suicidal myself, but this is exactly how I imagine you might feel afterwards. Very touching.

Oh no...not the circus! :shock:

Is it the disease that is keeping her from regenerating?
Rogues do it from behind.

#5 Weyoun

Posted 24 August 2003 - 10:48 PM

Hey guys. Well, between moving into college (I am now a freshman at Syracuse University) and my computer refusing to post on Thursday and the virus rapidly spreading around the campus I’ve been in quite a predicament. I am in dire need of sleep at this point, so I’m going to post. I’ll probably reply a bit tonight, and finish up tomorrow. Love you all,
H’kira n’ the Wolf

Hey there. I hope you're settling in a little. I had the luxury to stay home during my college years myself.

Laska : Maybe you could use some... strenuous activity to keep your mind of such matters.

Rose : *scowls* Grrrrrrr.... :lol:

A Hyena? That's a new one.

“What have we here?” asked the beastmaster as he turned around, “Brought me another little pet to play with, Haalan?”

He doesn't stand a chance... :)

Haalan nudged her gently, becoming worried when she didn’t respond. The hyena darted to the beastmaster, pulling a key out of the man’s pocket. He pushed it under one of the cell doors. There was a moment of harsh laughter, a click, and the one caged in that stall walked out, bellowing his newfound freedom to the world.

The minotaur strode out of the darkness like a terrible behemoth. Almost against his will, a single tear rolled down his broad face. He stretched his powerful frame, too long imprisoned in such a tiny cage. His fur was a dark blue-black, thin stripes of white fur that covered his scars trailing over his massive torso. Those dark eyes scanned the surroundings, eyeing with satisfaction the broken form of the beastmaster before sighting the half-elf who had collapsed against the wall.

Aw, how great that he's finally free!

Ouch...

Laska : Too bad. *grins* :wink:

“Shifter!” Kierlanni bellowed as he strode from the cells. The wolf whirled and caught the key he threw to her.

Ah, cliffhanger!

Hope ya liked it,
H'kira n' the Wolf

I did! Great stuff,
---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#6 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:53 PM

Yep, that's how one would feel after an attempt on suicide... shame would be the dominant feeling. :(

Yeah...that's what I thought...

Hehe. Hyena's are odd canine's, are they not? I always thought they look a bit... amusing. :)

I love Hyena's...I'm Hyena Mad!

GRRR! Get those animal abusers! :evil:

Yessir!

Hmm? Do you *really* want to go to circus?

Yep :wink:

Hmm, I wonder whom Shanka is going to romance... if she is going to do that at all?

Itsa surprise :D

We'll just see about that, bastard! :evil:

Right On!

*pets hyena* (I hope its safe) ;)

It is, I promise...

Did she and Jae got seperated? I think you need to make this a bit clearer.

Yeah, I know. It was meant as, the door swung shut and locked after they went in, n' Jae got stuck outside.

Yay! A friendly minotaur, what a cute twist! :P

Complements of the local spaceranger

A minotaur-cleric, no less!

Convenient, no?

Hehe! Jae is such a hot-headed at times! ;)

Vexk: She's so cute when she's angry :D

Awww, that's the illness getting worse, yes? :cry:

A little...

Jae should shift too, would make for a nice pack of wolves... :P

I have plans....evil evil plans....
H'kira n' the Wolf

#7 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:55 PM

[quote][quote]Hey guys. Well, between moving into college (I am now a freshman at Syracuse University) and my computer refusing to post on Thursday and the virus rapidly spreading around the campus I’ve been in quite a predicament. I am in dire need of sleep at this point, so I’m going to post. I’ll probably reply a bit tonight, and finish up tomorrow. Love you all,
H’kira n’ the Wolf
[/quote]

Ahh yes, don't we just all love the virus programmers! We ought to honour them by arranging a large funeral fire and burn them all alive, and transmit it live on cnn.[/quote]

hehehe... I'm w/you on that one! :wink:

[quote][quote]And for the first time since her attempted suicide, Vexk was ashamed.
[/quote]

Then jahaira has succededm, she's good at making people feel that way.[/quote]

*nods*

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Good thing that there aren't any who witnessed that.[/quote]

She woulda killed him

[quote][quote]
Hope ya liked it,
H'kira n' the Wolf[/quote]

It was abit confusing[/quote]

Sorry ;)

Later,
H'kira n' the Wolf

Hunter[/quote]

#8 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:57 PM

This was my favorite part of the chapter. I've never been actively suicidal myself, but this is exactly how I imagine you might feel afterwards. Very touching.

Aww....Thanks Lauf. That means alot to me.

Oh no...not the circus! :wink:

*evil voice* Yessss....the circusssss.....

Is it the disease that is keeping her from regenerating?

Not yet...enchanted whip...didn't make that very clear...oops...

H'kira n' the Wolf

#9 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 27 August 2003 - 02:03 PM

H’kira n’ the Wolf

Hey there. I hope you're settling in a little. I had the luxury to stay home during my college years myself.

I'm kinda glad to be outa home. My father started ranting about all my black clothes like a day before I left... But my Gram made me cookies so its all better now... :wink: What'd ya study?

Laska : Maybe you could use some... strenuous activity to keep your mind of such matters.

Rose : *scowls* Grrrrrrr.... :)

Vexk: *grins wickedly* *winks* *sees Rose* *looks a little scared*

A Hyena? That's a new one.

Yep...Haalan, Salvanas' pet from the other chap.

He doesn't stand a chance... ;)

Damn straight! :D

Aw, how great that he's finally free!

I always fell bad about killin' all the critters...

Ouch...

hehehe...yeah, he hit home with that one...

Laska : Too bad. *grins* ;)

Vexk: Well, I might be persuaded too...

Jaheira: *drags Vexk off by the collar*

Ah, cliffhanger!

Somewhat

Hope ya liked it,
H'kira n' the Wolf

I did! Great stuff,
---Weyoun

Thanks,
H'kira n' the Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com