Happily Ever After: Chapter 5

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 22 August 2003 - 04:17 AM

(re-post)

Chapter 5: Graveyard Memories

It was past midnight. The moon shined brightly over the cemetery. Rivian stood in front of Anomen's grave. Her emerald eyes shining with tears, tear steaks could be seen on her fair face. She wore the same clothes she had been wearing since Anomen passed away in his sleep. Her hair entangled in a messy twirl. The cemetery was erie and quiet, not a soul was in sight and Rivian's hair stood up against the cold wind blowing across the cemetery.

She had woke up in her room and the absence of the warm body of her husband reminded her that he was no longer around. She almost went berserk when she found out that her children had buried Anomen without her consent. She had dashed into her room, weeping her heart out. She knew her children would watch her. They were worried about her, they knew how close their parents were. But she needed to grieve alone, nothing means anything to her anymore. She had to see Anomen again. Using her magical abilities, she had open a dimension door to the place she knew her husband lie - the cemetery. She was furious with her children, she was furious with herself. Above all, her anger was directed mostly at one person -her husband.

Their love had been everything to her. She had loved Anomen to the point of distraction. The happiest day of her life was the day they got married and from that point onwards, things just got better and better, like being placed on a pedestal, except now she was being thrown off that pedestal into darkness.

She shivered as the wind blew again. Her eyes looked sorrowful and sunken from crying too much. In her world, only one person filled it.

"Why did you leave me! WHY? Do you know how much I hurt inside? It hurts more than losing my soul. You were EVERYTHING to me! EVERYTHING! And now I'm .. nothing.. nothing without you."

Rivian covered her face and let her tears flowed from her eyes for the fifth time this night. No words could console her, no gesture could comfort her. Her world was now dark and empty, filled with nothing but pain and memories of her loss.

There was no longer any purpose in her life. Her children were all grown up and they had families and ambitions of their own. Anomen had raised them well, with good values. Rivian never have to worry about how their children would turn out.

Her tears stopped. She had been crying so much that her eyes hurt and her voice hoarse. She touched the tombstone lovingly as though she was caressing her husband's face.

"Don't go too far, my love. I'm coming..." She whispered into the wind. Rivian smiled for the first time in days as she pulled out a dagger from her boots. She traced the sharp end of the blade with her finger, a drop of blood dripped as the blade made a small cut on her finger. Rivian did not even wince at the cut, she felt nothing. In her mind, she could only think of Anomen and nothing could diminish the pain in her heart.

"I love you, Anomen, so much that it hurts..." as the dagger sliced her wrist, a thin red line appeared, rapidly thickening with blood. Rivian dropped the dagger, with her bleeding hand, she touched the tombstone again and said her final words.

"Wait for me, my love..." and she leaned against the tombstone and closed her eyes as she felt her life force draining away.

#2 Guest_Rene_*

Posted 22 August 2003 - 03:06 PM

(re-post)

Heh, I am glad you did. I think your message was lost in the mess :twisted:

It was past midnight. The moon shined brightly over the cemetery. Rivian stood in front of Anomen's grave. Her emerald eyes shining with tears, tear steaks could be seen on her fair face. She wore the same clothes she had been wearing since Anomen passed away in his sleep. Her hair entangled in a messy twirl. The cemetery was erie and quiet, not a soul was in sight and Rivian's hair stood up against the cold wind blowing across the cemetery.

While the imagery is very good, I think you are overemphasising the use of certain words in this paragraph. "The moon shined" and in the next sentence "emerald eyes shining". Combining the "hair were a messy twirl" and "hair stood up against the wind" might improve smoothness.

"Why did you leave me! WHY? Do you know how much I hurt inside? It hurts more than losing my soul. You were EVERYTHING to me! EVERYTHING! And now I'm .. nothing.. nothing without you."

heh, I think Anomen lived an 80+ years life, it's not bad for an adventurer :roll: But I guess she just cannot except the mortality yet.

"Don't go too far, my love. I'm coming..." She whispered into the wind. Rivian smiled for the first time in days as she pulled out a dagger from her boots. She traced the sharp end of the blade with her finger, a drop of blood dripped as the blade made a small cut on her finger. Rivian did not even wince at the cut, she felt nothing. In her mind, she could only think of Anomen and nothing could diminish the pain in her heart.

Actually as an Elf she can just will herself to depart for Arvenaith. But I guess her capability to suicide is due to her huiman upbringing and living with a human.

"I love you, Anomen, so much that it hurts..." as the dagger sliced her wrist, a thin red line appeared, rapidly thickening with blood. Rivian dropped the dagger, with her bleeding hand, she touched the tombstone again and said her final words.

"Wait for me, my love..." and she leaned against the tombstone and closed her eyes as she felt her life force draining away.

I think it's time we finally have Solaufein back on stage!
Nice story!

#3 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 23 August 2003 - 03:05 AM

thank you. You are quite correct, I have a bit of problem with grammar and the flow of the story. :cry:

Yeah, Sola will be back in the next chapter.

#4 Weyoun

Posted 24 August 2003 - 09:28 PM

She had woke up in her room and the absence of the warm body of her husband reminded her that he was no longer around. She almost went berserk when she found out that her children had buried Anomen without her consent. She had dashed into her room, weeping her heart out. She knew her children would watch her. They were worried about her, they knew how close their parents were. But she needed to grieve alone, nothing means anything to her anymore. She had to see Anomen again. Using her magical abilities, she had open a dimension door to the place she knew her husband lie - the cemetery. She was furious with her children, she was furious with herself. Above all, her anger was directed mostly at one person -her husband.

Poor Rivian. :)

That's the biggest problem with relationships between elves and short-living. :wink:

Arrgh, poor Rivian... :lol:

*sniff*

---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com