Happily Ever After: Chapter 4

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 20 August 2003 - 08:41 AM

Chapter 4: Letting Go

Rivian held her husband's lifeless hand. She was finally acknowledging the fact that he was gone. Her heart ached terribly, so much that she had difficulty breathing. It felt so painful for her, she had never feel so much pain before, not even when Gorion or Imoen passed away. She had Imoen and her thirst for revenge to lean on when Gorion passed away. She had Anomen to lean on when Imoen died. Now that Anomen was gone too, she had nobody to lean this time. Not her children. She could not share her grieve with them, not when they were already having difficulties coping with their own.

Instinctively, she touched the wedding ring on her finger. The ring that Anomen had given to her when he proposed. She circled her forefinger on the ring subconsciously while her eyes never left the face of her husband.

A priest approached her quietly and placed his arm on her shoulder. "My most sincere condolences, Lady Rivian. We must prepare for the burial. If you please, please step aside for a moment."

The word "burial" caused an alarm in Rivian's dazed mind. She instinctively tightened her grip on her husband's hand and she positioned her body to shield Anomen from anyone who may approached.

"Please my lady. It is time, my Lady." The priest took a step towards Anomen's body but Rivian barred his way. Her look was that of anger and murder. The compound was silent as tension rose.

"Mother. It would be disastrous for Father's soul if we missed the hour. Surely, you would want him to rest in peace." Lene coaxed. She knew it was a poor excuse but she did not have a choice. She could not let Anomen's body lie on the platform forever.

Rivian looked coldly at her eldest daughter, she did not loosen her grip on Anomen's hand. "No one disturbs my love. He's asleep." She retorted.

Lene had one more trick up her sleeve but she really did not want to resort to magic. Moreover, as a pure elf, Rivian was highly resistance to magic and it would take alot of magic to subdue her.

"Please mother. Father.. He is ...gone. You must let him go..." Even her words stung her own heart as she forced them out of her mouth.

"NOOOOOO!!!!"

Rivian's reaction was shocking as she let out a loud piercing scream that sounded like a banshee scream. Lene covered her ears and many of the guests around did likewise. It was the most pitiful wailing they had ever hear and it brought tears to their eyes.

Rivian lunged herself on Anomen as Lene tried to pull her away. Asana and Kreblak tried to hold their struggling mother while Geran started chanting a sleeping spell. After a few spells, and Rivian's own exhaustion, she finally collapsed besides Anomen. Her children wept as they carried their mother to her room and the priests continued their task.

Sir Anomen Delryn was finally laid to rest in the cemetery besides his mother Moirela and his sister Moira Delryn. On his tombstone were the words "Sir Anomen Delryn (1310-1395) knight of the Most Noble Order of Radiant Heart, fondly remembered by his wife and children."

#2 Guest_argan_*

Posted 20 August 2003 - 11:38 AM

Sad, but good chapter

#3 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 20 August 2003 - 11:58 AM

Sir Anomen Delryn was finally laid to rest in the cemetery besides his mother Moirela and his sister Moira Delryn. On his tombstone were the words "Sir Anomen Delryn (1310-1395) knight of the Most Noble Order of Radiant Heart, fondly remembered by his wife and children."

:cry: Sad ending, but it had to happen.

#4 Guest_argan_*

Posted 20 August 2003 - 12:02 PM

Hmm, did you remove chapter 5? Was just going to comment on it :twisted:

#5 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 20 August 2003 - 12:04 PM

Apparently so, but to judge from the conversation in the water cooler, one chapter of a serial per day, seems to be the best idea

#6 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 20 August 2003 - 12:06 PM

I'm having some problems with the cookies or something with the board. I keep getting error msgs when trying to delete that extra post. *sigh*

Thanks for the comments, yes. I do tend to slip into mechanlogy occasionally.

#7 Guest_argan_*

Posted 20 August 2003 - 12:06 PM

Apparently so, but to judge from the conversation in the water cooler, one chapter of a serial per day, seems to be the best idea

Must have missed that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com